Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,303 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

My breakfast at the moment is a tub of quark (with some salted caramal) and frozen raspberries. Takes 20 seconds to put together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Oh, I got slimmer of the week too :D Jesus I'm delighted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭Greenduck

I am up a whopping 10lbs since before Christmas and feel like a right pudger. Went to SW this morning and faced the music. The line is well and truly drawn. Lent = behaving myself on slimming world!

I am so annoyed with myself as I was doing so well :mad:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Greenduck wrote: »
    I am up a whopping 10lbs since before Christmas and feel like a right pudger. Went to SW this morning and faced the music. The line is well and truly drawn. Lent = behaving myself on slimming world!

The good thing is you've faced the music and weighed in. The line is drawn now, and you've lost weight before so just get back on plan and before you know it those 10 lbs and then some will be gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Any suggestions on sun free snacks ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Stayed the same this week. I had a horrible few days and tbh I'm surprised it wasn't a gain! Making mayflower chicken curry tonight, feels naughty but isn't :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Up two pounds! Delighted with that, between the aftermath of the family wedding, 'time of the month' from hell, and little piggy syndrome (ooh look, a small piece of chocolate, I'll eat that x several times a day) I'm pretty delighted to be still within my target range!
    Anyone else tried the WOW sausages from Dunnes? They are yummy and only half a syn each for the pork ones (think the turkey ones are 1 syn each). Way tastier and juicier than Mallons so entirely worth the small syn value IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Stayed the same this week. I'm not surprised as my body is acting cray-cray for the last few weeks. 100% on plan, Running like a lunatic all week and boxercise twice since last weigh in so I'm giving myself another 2 weeks before I start asking questions of my diet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Thanks for the advice everyone, definitely can't be throwing on omelettes in the morning but I did find a recipe for frittatas that can be eaten cold so I can make them the night before. Had chopped fruit and porridge this morning which worked (The chopped pear/kiwi were fine).

Next question, I'm a bread fiend! Can anyone say what breads are good for HEB's or low in syns from aldi? That's where i shop!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Down 3lbs. 30lbs now in Total :D

I think maybe I will stop or just lose maybe 5lbs more. Haven't set a target yet :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

Next question, I'm a bread fiend! Can anyone say what breads are good for HEB's or low in syns from aldi? That's where i shop!

If you can get to a dealz, Dunne's or tesco then its worth it to get the Brennans be good bread, decent slices and you can have 2 for your b choice or 3 syns each, they even make white bread that's 3 syns a slice for when you want a change. Tried a few different breads, have a big bread eater in this house too, and Brennans is the best we've found

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,303 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

We use the Aldi thins as HEB. They're square buns and pretty tasty too

They also have gluten free rolls in the "has-no" range that are HEB too

These are from the website
    Aldi Ballymore Crust Wholemeal Thins Low Fat Bread 400g loaf (2 slices)
    Aldi Ballymore Crust Thins, Brown Bread Squares with Seeds 6 pack (1 x 41g)
    Aldi Has No Wholegrain Rolls, Gluten Free (1 x 60g)
    Aldi Has No Multigrain Loaf, Gluten Free (1 slice)

of the "thin" sliced bread, Brennan Be Good is probably the nicest

Loughc wrote: »
    The good thing is you've faced the music and weighed in. The line is drawn now, and you've lost weight before so just get back on plan and before you know it those 10 lbs and then some will be gone.

You're totally right! It takes me so long to get it off so I know whats ahead. I think thats what the depressing part is! Onwards and downwards anyways :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Greenduck wrote: »

I'm in the same position but I continued going. I just can't seem to re focus and get myself into the swing of it.
    I seem to be sick of eating the same dinners and I'm up one week and down the next.

I'm in the same position but I continued going. I just can't seem to re focus and get myself into the swing of it.
    I seem to be sick of eating the same dinners and I'm up one week and down the next.

I think motivation is the key. It took me standing on that scales and getting a fright to get me back in the proper mind set! I don't think anyone can motivate you, not even yourself. Something just has to click before it can happen. Try and remember why you started in the first place and start from scratch with the basics. That's what I am trying :)

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭dcfc91

Hey guys couple of questions for ye:

Pomegranate seeds, are they speed or free and can I actually eat the seeds or do I have to spit them out. I have really taken to Pomegranate after really going off all fruit and would hate to have to go back to square one! I'm away from my book until Tuesday so can't check.

Also cloud bread, yay or nay? Is it classed as a tweak?

dcfc91 wrote: »
    Hey guys couple of questions for ye:

Pomegranate seeds, are they speed or free and can I actually eat the seeds or do I have to spit them out. I have really taken to Pomegranate after really going off all fruit and would hate to have to go back to square one! I'm away from my book until Tuesday so can't check.

Also cloud bread, yay or nay? Is it classed as a tweak?

Pomegranates are free but not speed. You don't need to spit the seeds out, they're nice and crunchy and perfectly safe to eat.
    I'm not sure about cloud bread, I feel it should be a tweak... Have you tried it? I'm tempted to try it but having tried the Smash scones before I don't have desperately high hoped to be honest! :D
    Edit: my consultant is checking with HQ to see whether it's actually free or a tweak, I will update!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Down 2.5 after gaining 2 last week... Delighted :D still not sure why I gained 2 last week but delighted!

Starting with a personal trainer next week so that should help too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

If you can get to a dealz, Dunne's or tesco then its worth it to get the Brennans be good bread, decent slices and you can have 2 for your b choice or 3 syns each, they even make white bread that's 3 syns a slice for when you want a change. Tried a few different breads, have a big bread eater in this house too, and Brennans is the best we've found

The new Pat the Baker 58kcal bread is way nicer than the be good bread! 2 slices as a heb or 5.5 Syns!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

dee_mc wrote: »
    Pomegranates are free but not speed. You don't need to spit the seeds out, they're nice and crunchy and perfectly safe to eat.
    I'm not sure about cloud bread, I feel it should be a tweak... Have you tried it? I'm tempted to try it but having tried the Smash scones before I don't have desperately high hoped to be honest! :D
    Edit: my consultant is checking with HQ to see whether it's actually free or a tweak, I will update!

my consultant just got back to me on this. If the bread is made with quark, it's considered a tweak unless eaten with a meal with 1/3 speed as opposed to a snack.

If made with measured and synned cream cheese, it's not free but can be synned accurately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I'm starting slimming world now. I'm useless in the morning-just about manage to get myself and the baby out the door. Could anyone tell me
    1. If I chop fruit in advance how many days would it last? (Melon, kiwi, Apple, pear, berries are what I eat)
    2. How many eggs can you have a day?

I'm thinking that choped fruit/yoghurt for breakfast would allow me to keep my bread for lunchtime but I think I'd need a boiled egg or some form of protein to keep me full

Overnight oats! I hate the consistency of porridge made hot with milk, so instead I mix it with yoghurt and believe me it's delicious and surprisingly filling. I'm currently giving up added sugar so I've had to change to greek yoghurt with raspberries which isn't a bad substitute and probably a lot better for me than the fat free vanilla flavoured.

You can always syn more bread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

2llb down this week my lowest loss to date. I had pints on sat and Sunday last and a few hot whisky during the week , but these are the only syns consumed.
    Happy out �� five weeks on the lifestyle and down 22 1/2 llbs so far, need to get a bigger fridge for all these award thingies !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

Wellyd wrote:
    The new Pat the Baker 58kcal bread is way nicer than the be good bread! 2 slices as a heb or 5.5 Syns!

Oh I've not seen this must have a look for it today, thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

Up 1/2lb last night. I bought a countdown last week and got the free cookbook Free Food Feasts last night, it's got a lot of lovely recipes. I made a pepper and chickpea curry for lunch this morning, it smells gorgeous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Up half a pound also which I was very pleasantly suprised with! I did a massive healthy food shop after weigh in. What do people use quark for? I bought it but I've never used it before

Up half a pound also which I was very pleasantly suprised with! I did a massive healthy food shop after weigh in. What do people use quark for? I bought it but I've never used it before

Quark is one of the ingredients in the cloud bread mentioned on thread yesterday. The only things I've used it for are as a cream/custard substitute with fruit and sometimes meringues (just mix the quark with a bit of sweetener and vanilla extract), and as a lovely 'sauce' (firmer than a sauce really, more like a cream cheese filling) with smoked salmon (mixed with herbs and lemon juice and zest, rolled up in smoked salmon slices and sliced at an artistic angle, served as a starter with a little salad!), and as a creamy stuffing for chicken breasts (mixed with herbs and probably lemon juice, cut slit in side of chicken breast and spoon in the stuffing, place a quarter of a red pepper on top then wrap a stretched bacon medallion around and bake around 220 celsius for about half an hour).
    I had kind of forgotten about using it as a stuffing until I saw a similar recipe in the SW magazine a couple of days ago.
    People in my group also use quark in scrambled eggs, or as a base for the white sauce bit of lasagne, or as part of a carbonara style pasta sauce, or mixed with Options hot choc powder for a choc mousse type thing. I haven't tried any of those but everyone seems to rave about them!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭galwaygirl2

First weigh in last nite down 6.5 lbs delighted.

First weigh in last nite down 6.5 lbs delighted.

What a fantastic start, and you've even exceeded your own target for your first week! Well done. Half stone award next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭dcfc91

dee_mc wrote: »

Thanks for that, I like the seeds but wanted to make sure that the seeds were in fact free themselves because other seeds are not free on the plan. Pity it's not speed though!

As for cloud bread, I have the ingredients, I'm going to make it and see, need to change things up. My weight loss has damn near stalled since xmas.

Sick of all the usual fruits, anyone have any recommendations of something to try for speed? Preferably that's not too expensive, all the fruits I like are very expensive!

• Advertisement

dcfc91 wrote: »
    Thanks for that, I like the seeds but wanted to make sure that the seeds were in fact free themselves because other seeds are not free on the plan. Pity it's not speed though!

As for cloud bread, I have the ingredients, I'm going to make it and see, need to change things up. My weight loss has damn near stalled since xmas.

Sick of all the usual fruits, anyone have any recommendations of something to try for speed? Preferably that's not too expensive, all the fruits I like are very expensive!

Frozen raspberries? They are pretty cheap in Lidl. I eat a punnet per day of the fresh ones, my food tastes are pretty extravagant to be honest but I justify it by saying 'I pretty much never eat out, I pretty much never drink, and I buy feck all junk food these days' :D
    Passion fruit is lovely and speedy but fairly expensive.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement