Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Thanks dee_mc. Your valuable knowledge and encouragement would be lost if you stopped posting. Thanks for those suggestions. I especially like the smoked salmon idea. I use the Tesco healthy living fromage frais and quark sounds similar.

I also highly recommend the frozen berries from Lidl. There so much cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭galwaygirl2

dee_mc wrote: »
    What a fantastic start, and you've even exceeded your own target for your first week! Well done. Half stone award next week!

Thanks a million I hope so 😀 Just wondering am I right in thinking I can swap my weetabix and have two slimming world hi fi bars during the day instead? Seems to good to be true 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,303 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Thanks a million I hope so 😀 Just wondering am I right in thinking I can swap my weetabix and have two slimming world hi fi bars during the day instead? Seems to good to be true 😀

Yep. You can have one from the HEB list each day. Up to you what you want to use it for. I alternate between wholemeal buns, rolls and the bars (either hifis or the Aldi benefits).

Well done on the loss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Aren't frozen berries still under a boil notice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

Aren't frozen berries still under a boil notice?

Yes though some supermarkets no longer have signs up about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Any suggestions on sun free snacks ?

I eat low fat yoghurts! I look at kcals and price! At the mo I am eating weight watchers 50kcals as they were €1.50 for 4 in tesco. Some muller lights are 90kcals. Aldi do a 4 pack for €1 each around 50kcals :)

I also eat loads and loads of wafer thin ham or chicken breast pieces, bananas and have a pink lady apple chopped up.

Ohhh and my lastest snack is sugar free jelly. I buy the sachets and make it up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

The only snacks I have usually are chicken pieces or a piece of fruit.

Had a terrible weekend (valentines, it involved chocolate, crisps, wine, beer and Indian food), so I'm expecting a well deserved gain tomorrow :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

Hi peeps

So i bit the bullet. I joined last night. Im still majorly confused to see if im doing it right and am hoping you can all help me.

I have been reading the book and looking up free foods etc. Im confused re bananas. Are they free?

I had chopped banana and chopped baby tomatoes for breaky this morning. Also had another chopped banana and chopped apple for a snack this afternoon. Is this ok?

Does fruit have to be chopped? If so why?

A banana is free, but it's not speed. All of your meals should be one third speed.

The tomatoes and apple are speed, so you're fine with what you've eaten!

And no, you don't have to chop it :pac: some people find it more satisfying eating lots of small bits than one big thing, but you don't have to chop it at all.

A banana is free, but it's not speed. All of your meals should be one third speed.

The tomatoes and apple are speed, so you're fine with what you've eaten!

And no, you don't have to chop it :pac: some people find it more satisfying eating lots of small bits than one big thing, but you don't have to chop it at all.

Brilliant!

Thanks a million! Hopefully i get to grips with it soon!

• Advertisement

cruais wrote: »
    Brilliant!

Thanks a million! Hopefully i get to grips with it soon!

Ah it takes a few weeks to get fully used to it, but you'll still lose in the meantime cause even if you're making mistakes, you'll be eating better overall :)

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭armadillo86

Does anyone know of any smooth strawberry yogurts that are low syn / syn free? I despise bits in my yogurt but it seems impossible to find strawberry yogurt without fruit bits added.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

cruais wrote: »
    Hi peeps

So i bit the bullet. I joined last night. Im still majorly confused to see if im doing it right and am hoping you can all help me.

I have been reading the book and looking up free foods etc. Im confused re bananas. Are they free?

I had chopped banana and chopped baby tomatoes for breaky this morning. Also had another chopped banana and chopped apple for a snack this afternoon. Is this ok?

Does fruit have to be chopped? If so why?

I'd say where the chopping thing comes in is that you can't blend fruit 'but you can chop it'... as in, if you blend fruit to make a smoothie or if you juice anything except a lemon or lime to use in cooking, you have to count it as syns, but you can chop it away to your hearts content without having to worry about syns!
    Re breakfast, please say you're eating something more than a bit of banana and tomato because if you keep that up you'll likely go mad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Woo, I'm down 5lbs this week! My most since starting Slimming World (this time!) :)

The funny thing is, I haven't been hugely "On plan". I gave up added sugar for lent so while my body got rid of all the sugar and processed crap that it has been used to, I allowed myself eat a lot more fats, like cheese, oil and nuts. I've also been blitzing some raspberries (bad for SW!). It's been a tough enough week as it is.

But the thing is, when I said it tonight that I'd been low sugar so had been eating more fats because of lent, my leader was like "Oh but SW is low sugar" and almost gave out to me for eating cheese and oil. But I used to have 0% fat free vanilla yoghurt for breakfast (a huge 5 spoons worth of sugar!), where as now I have about a spoons worth which mostly comes from my blitzed strawberries. I then would syn bread for lunch and have store bought soup. Again, gone!

It's not forever, I do miss chocolate! But I look forward to restarting my clock :)

I'd say where the chopping thing comes in is that you can't blend fruit 'but you can chop it'... as in, if you blend fruit to make a smoothie or if you juice anything except a lemon or lime to use in cooking, you have to count it as syns, but you can chop it away to your hearts content without having to worry about syns!
    Re breakfast, please say you're eating something more than a bit of banana and tomato because if you keep that up you'll likely go mad!

Lol today was my first real day on SW as my class was yesterday evening, and i did my shopping this evening. But regards breakfast, I'm not a huge lover of it. So that banana and tomato did me grand. It was such an effort for me to eat so early. I could easily go until 3pm before ive realised i haven't eaten so i know slimming world will change that fingers crossed.

I've always been a breakfast eater but was never that into it, never needed it... since I joined SW I wake up hungry every day and found I gradually needed a bigger breakfast over the months too!
    You're right about following the plan helping to regulate your appetite. I think it's all about keeping your blood sugar levels stable. I've had a difficult day and was hangry when I replied to your post so apologies if I came across as snarky! Best of luck with the plan, I hope you will enjoy it and see great results 

I've lost 2lbs and I've no idea how.

3 bad days, two days on EE with under 10 syns and two on SP with under 10 syns. Usually that'd give me a gain (usually even two bad days will ruin my week!), but I'm seriously not questioning a 2lb loss.

Delighted :D

I've always been a breakfast eater but was never that into it, never needed it... since I joined SW I wake up hungry every day and found I gradually needed a bigger breakfast over the months too!
    You're right about following the plan helping to regulate your appetite. I think it's all about keeping your blood sugar levels stable. I've had a difficult day and was hangry when I replied to your post so apologies if I came across as snarky! Best of luck with the plan, I hope you will enjoy it and see great results 

You didn't come across snarky! Dont worry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭Greenduck

After sticking to it all week I only lost a half a pound. So gutted :( It was my 1st week back properly so was expecting at least 2...I'm a sad ducky today!:(:(:(

Greenduck wrote: »
    After sticking to it all week I only lost a half a pound. So gutted :( It was my 1st week back properly so was expecting at least 2...I'm a sad ducky today!:(:(:(

Don't worry too much. I know it's seriously depressing to not see the result you deserve, but you'll more than likely see it next week, it takes 2 weeks for it to show sometimes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Don't worry too much. If it was only your first week back, it will probable show next week. Sometimes the week before can take a week to catch up so you might see a better loss next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Down 1.5lbs tonight after a brilliant week on plan and all my exercise. At least I'm starting to see losses again so I'm happy enough with that. Someone in class today said that they can get that loss by just food optimising and not putting as much effort as I have. But honestly I'm in such a great head space at the moment I don't really mind! I'm sleeping like a baby every night and so much less late night wide awake anxiety so I'm happy enough to keep ploughing on with the exercise!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Chin up, a loss is still a loss. If you lost half a pound every week you'd lose just under two stone in a year and who wouldn't want to be two stone lighter? ;)

Didn't make it to weigh-in today but my jeans are telling me that my 2 pound gain from last week is gone :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Down 2.5 this week which was just amazing considering my little girl was in hospital this week which meant I couldn't stick to plan. Totally delighted I'm down 1/2 stone now.

I also joined the gym and every muscle in my body aches. Every one. So unfit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Down 5llb this week thats 27 1/2llb in six weeks , it's just falling off me I'm eating rings round me and still having a few pints at the weekend . Best thing I ever did was walking in that door ����.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

moonshadow wrote: »
    Down 5llb this week thats 27 1/2llb in six weeks , it's just falling off me I'm eating rings round me and still having a few pints at the weekend . Best thing I ever did was walking in that door ����.

That's just brilliant. Keep it up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

Down 1lb tonight, happy with that.

Girls and boys ye are all brilliant, another great SW week by the sounds of things!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I'm usually bad for writing down what I've eaten but this week I logged... and it's weird, because I don't feel like I've had a particularly bad weekend but thanks to eating a bag of cashew nuts and a litre of milk, I went over my syns by a massive 55!!

Meh, they were delicious! I'm sure it'll be alright on the night.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement