Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I attempted to join sw yesterday, but realised when I got there that I had no money. If I join another group tomorrow, will I be able to go to the Tuesday class in future? Different leaders- the Tuesday times suit me better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭spur

Yes you will. You can attend any class you want.

It's probably worth saying to new leader or person at pay desk that you'll be attending that class most of the time - I think they can change something so that you are on their records. Otherwise it will look to the other leader that you haven't attended a class and they won't know you have until they synch up their records - which I think is at the weekends. I know if I go to a different class I'll often get a text from my leader asking if I'm okay, that I haven't been to class and haven't booked a holiday.

Best of luck with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Just join up with the Wednesday group today and then explain to the new consultant next Tuesday that you want to switch over.

I've just rejoined SW online after 5 months off. I started to hate the groups towards the end so giving this a go! I've put on about 9lb after a nightmare few weeks so nipping it in the bud now. Cola chicken for dinner tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

Dolbert wrote: »
    Just join up with the Wednesday group today and then explain to the new consultant next Tuesday that you want to switch over.

I've just rejoined SW online after 5 months off. I started to hate the groups towards the end so giving this a go! I've put on about 9lb after a nightmare few weeks so nipping it in the bud now. Cola chicken for dinner tonight :)

Did you do SW online before? Do you find it worked as well? Do you miss out on Club 10 books etc by doing it online?

Sorry for all the questions, just thinking of joining up myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

A bit of a pointless question but I'll ask it all the same.

When you reach target, how do you really find maintaining your weight? I know the theory etc behind maintaining but do people actually manage to do it without much thought/needing to go to classes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,303 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Not there yet but the few I know who've reached weight ahve had mixed results. One saw it as a goal and when she reached it, she stopped eating healtily for a while and put ona stone in little over a month. Back at it now

Another goes to 1 SW class a month just to keep things ticking over. He weighs himself each week at home

There's a couple of women in our class who are at target for over a year and come practically every week

• Registered Users Posts: 12 tito1212

Hi all, I've not posted here for ages ! Hope ye are all flying along .... unfortunately I am not , I'm up one down 1 up 3 down half etc .

I'm going to post more often on here in the hopes of it helping to keep me on track . I'm also going to switch groups I think a Saturday morning one will suit me better .

Righty earlier today was a write off but I'm back on it from now .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Down a half this week. I'll take it. 6 weeks til holidays and I would adore to be down half a stone but I don't see it happening! Food diary out and no excuses this week! I wish I didn't bake so I wouldn't be nibbling! I didn't discover I liked my own cakes til about 2 months ago, probably a good job or I'd never have stuck with slimming world!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Any suggestions for base for a pizza please? I don't want cauliflower rice. Is there anything else I can use as an actual base? I can do all the toppings for free so don't mind using some syns on a base.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

So many nights out, days out planned the euros and a holiday in the next month.

Yea my SW will be a write off until June.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Mazda123

Was up a half lb last week, this was my first gain since joining 9 weeks previously. I had stuck to plan so think it was hormones. Anyway stuck with it and this week I lost 4 and half lbs. I couldn't believe it!! Total loss of 20lbs in 10 weeks. I find sw great and easy enough to stick with. This thread has helped greatly and has helped me realise that it's not just the weekly losses/gains that count but also the monthly figures. Best of luck to everyone and thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Any suggestions for base for a pizza please? I don't want cauliflower rice. Is there anything else I can use as an actual base? I can do all the toppings for free so don't mind using some syns on a base.

You can use 60g (cooked weight) of Tesco or Aldi wholemeal bread mix as your healthy B, shaped into a base. It's about 75g uncooked weight.

It's quite small, so you could double the size for heB + 6 syns.

pinkstars wrote: »
    Did you do SW online before? Do you find it worked as well? Do you miss out on Club 10 books etc by doing it online?

Sorry for all the questions, just thinking of joining up myself.

You don't get physical certificates or books with the basic online plan, though you can for a higher fee. I don't care about the certs tbh, they show up when you log in to the app. I already have the books from when I was a member before, but tbh I rarely used them as I used the app for everything.

HEB wrap could work!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭spur

I use a wrap as a base. You can have 1 as your HexB - think its the Bfree ones only. Then I put tomato puree, peppers, onions etc on it and put some cheese on top of that and stick it all into oven - I check it every so often but cook it until cheese is melted and has the odd brown bit. Love them! You've just reminded me it's ages since I did one!!:D

Thanks for all those suggestions. Can someone kindly syn this wrap for me please.
    Per wrap
    184kcal
    3.1g fat
    32g carbohydrates
    2.3g fibre
    5.4g protein
    Thank you

Well after having a great week I'm down 0.5lb ... :o 3lb off target now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Thanks for all those suggestions. Can someone kindly syn this wrap for me please.
    Per wrap
    184kcal
    3.1g fat
    32g carbohydrates
    2.3g fibre
    5.4g protein
    Thank you

You can't calculate the syns without knowing the weight of the wrap. It'd be 9 syns per 100g. Most wraps would be 40 to 60g in weight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,822 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

So many nights out, days out planned the euros and a holiday in the next month.

Yea my SW will be a write off until June.

You don't need to drink and eat crap to enjoy yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

A bit of a pointless question but I'll ask it all the same.

When you reach target, how do you really find maintaining your weight? I know the theory etc behind maintaining but do people actually manage to do it without much thought/needing to go to classes?

I have kept going every week but I am finding the classes a real bore to be honest, it helps to keep me accountable and not want to slip by the wayside. Considering just weighing & going for a few weeks.

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    You don't need to drink and eat crap to enjoy yourself.

Yea, but I'm almost St my target, and I'm happy with what I'm at now, so I'm going to get eat and drink like ****.

• Advertisement

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows of a SW group in the Cork area on a Friday? So eager to start today and can't seem to see anything up online.

Many thanks

You don't get physical certificates or books with the basic online plan, though you can for a higher fee. I don't care about the certs tbh, they show up when you log in to the app. I already have the books from when I was a member before, but tbh I rarely used them as I used the app for everything.

HEB wrap could work!

Just wondering what plan online you went for?

pinkstars wrote: »
    Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows of a SW group in the Cork area on a Friday? So eager to start today and can't seem to see anything up online.

Many thanks
    I don't think there is any on a Friday from memory. There's definitely groups in Nemo GAA club and Glanmire GAA club on a Saturday morning though, I've weighed in there a few times.

Does anyone know how many syns in Superquinn reduced-fat sausages? I've read anything from 1 to 2.5 each, and the app search yields nothing! They're definitely worth it, whatever they are. The first I've tried that don't taste "low-fat".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Does anyone know how many syns in Superquinn reduced-fat sausages? I've read anything from 1 to 2.5 each, and the app search yields nothing! They're definitely worth it, whatever they are. The first I've tried that don't taste "low-fat".

They're 2.5 each.

They used to be 1.5 up til about 8 months ago, which is probably what's causing conflicting answers. Totally worth it.

Thanks :) Nice for a treat! The regular ones are 5 and these taste identical!

dee_mc wrote: »
    You can't calculate the syns without knowing the weight of the wrap. It'd be 9 syns per 100g. Most wraps would be 40 to 60g in weight.

Thanks. Totally forgot that obviously the weight of the wrap is essential to calculate syns. It's 64g.
    I'm a few days back into SW myself. Going to try do it alone and see how I get on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Weighed in and only a pound down..was absolutely devastated..I had been so so good all week..but here's to a new week and a new weigh in on Friday!

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Weighed in and only a pound down..was absolutely devastated..I had been so so good all week..but here's to a new week and a new weigh in on Friday!

A pound off, is better than a pound on!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

So, after much deliberation and thought, I have decided to bite the bullet and give Slimming World another go.
    I've tried it in the past several years ago and whilst I lost about 1.5 stone, I had trouble maintaining and got so disheartened that I ended up jacking it in. Welp, the weight I lost piled back on with added extras and I shudder to think of what size I am now as I avoid scales like the plague. I'll find out on Thursday night but I have a strong, dreaded feeling that I'm over 24 stone/336lbs.
    My main problem is being motivated enough to follow the plan but I have two goals in mind this time around:

1: I will be 30 years old in two years time and I'd rather not like a repeat of what happened at my 21st birthday- I looked like a beached whale with a dodgy bowlcut in every photograph and rather than look back on the night with fond memories, I instead cringe at the thought. I've spent most of my adult like yo-yoing and spending way too much money on diet clubs and weight management programs. (Motivation being one of them but that's a story for a different thread) I want to be proud of how I look in photographs, especially with this milestone birthday coming up and I figured two years is plenty of time to get cracking.

2: I also have an invite to the wedding of a very close family friend and whilst I have no intention of outshining the bride on her big day, I'd ideally like to wear a dress that doesn't resemble a tent and is somewhat stylish- hard to do when you're a size 22/24 these days. :/

So, yup, I try to keep all this in mind when I get sugar/junk cravings. I keep telling myself of my goals and try to stay away from the crap food but I do need some help. With that in mind, I've started keeping a food diary as they've worked for me in the past.
    I have mixed feelings about MyFitnessPal but it IS handy for keeping track of calorie content and daily allowances.

I know I have a long way to go but I'm being cautiously optimistic towards this second round of SW. I hope it will work for me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement