Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Snacking on fruit and veg where you can is a good holiday tip too. I wouldn't limit myself too much on holiday, it's good to have a bit of a break sometimes but maybe make a plan of how far off course you plan to go.
    My typical meals: breakfast is almost always 40g All Bran (Healthy B) and 250ml low fat milk (Healthy A) with a punnet of raspberries, a punnet of blueberries, a Pink Lady apple or two and sometimes an egg and fruit muffin (homemade, very low syn). Lunch tends to be lean sliced ham or hot smoked salmon, carrot sticks and celery sticks, another apple or two, sometimes fat free Greek yogurt, and sometimes a Ryvita or two with a scrape of almond butter (very filling - great for hungry days). Dinner is usually lean steak, turkey breast, salmon, trout etc with SW chips (sometimes spicy, sometimes earthy, usually just with salt and pepper!), roasted or boiled carrots, celery, tenderstem broccoli, baby sweetcorn, mangetout, peppers etc or with pasta and homemade tomato sauce, peppers and extra veg. I don't snack during the day but have a snack of fat free Greek yogurt late in the evening with a bit of dark chocolate. Sometimes I have a bit of Sweet Freedom Choc Shot with the yogurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭dealornodeal23

Thanks for all the replies keep them coming

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I maintained. No surprise, I weighed at 17.30 instead of 9.30, and had a massive mug of green tea at 5pm :pac:

My dad joined last week, and lost 4lbs this week, so delighted for him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Down 3lbs today, not bad for the first week back.
    15lbs to go.....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Makapakka

Was up 1lb only! So happy n it's given me the kick to do this properly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

I was 1lb down after missing meeting for the last two weeks. Have had so much on, was happy to be down. Thought I would be 2lb up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Down 1 and half this week. Been all over the place the last 2 weeks with craving sweet stuff and eating ice-creams a lot too. So i was very surprised with my loss. Only 6lbs to target now and my wedding is 3 months from today!! Hopefully that will keep me on track but ive a few things on over the next few weeks with weddings, big nights out so i need to be extra extra good when i can be!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Sammy2012

If u miss a week do you just have to pay for 2 weeks the next time you go?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Sammy2012 wrote: »
    If u miss a week do you just have to pay for 2 weeks the next time you go?

Unless you booked in for a holiday then unfortunately you've to pay 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Sammy2012

Wellyd wrote: »
    Unless you booked in for a holiday then unfortunately you've to pay 2 weeks

That's what I thought wellyd..thanks for the confirmation...I'm contemplating not goin this week as I've been stuck at the same weight for the last 4 weeks. Getting a bit fed up now to be honest.

• Advertisement

Sammy2012 wrote: »
    That's what I thought wellyd..thanks for the confirmation...I'm contemplating not goin this week as I've been stuck at the same weight for the last 4 weeks. Getting a bit fed up now to be honest.

You could try weigh in with a different group on a different day if there's one nearby. I've done it a couple of times just if I couldn't make it to my normal group.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭dealornodeal23

Hi I would be grateful if you can tell me what you would have say for breakfast lunch and dinner to give me some ideas thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

Down 2lb this week which I'm happy out with. Have a crazy weekend ahead so I'm gonna have to be smart to keep on track. So close to target its kind of scary to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Just back from my very first meeting and was utterly bricking it with anxiety over getting weighed.
    Turns out, I'm actually nearly 2 stone lighter than I thought I was! Starting weight came in as 22 stone 3 pounds which, whilst not great, is smaller than my estimation of 24 stone. It's put me in a good mood. That being said, there was a lot to take in at the meeting, what with all the talk of Speedy Foods, Good As and Bs and Syns but I'm sure I'll figure it out as the weeks progress.
    I've set myself the goal to lose a stone in a month and already, small changes are taking place.
    On the advice of my counceller, I went out and bought those Pat The Baker Slimbo yokes as apparently, my two slices of McCambridge bread for breakfast are actually quite high in syns. :/
    Still, baby steps.
    I got to my meeting half an hour early so I sat reading through the many magazines on display and dribbling over some of the more succulent recipes. Very surprised to see just how liberal the plan is with regards to burgers, curries and whatnot.
    I even plan to try out a simple grilled sweet potato recipe tomorrow. Still a bit jittery but doing well!
    As Stan Lee would say: EXELSIOR! (Upward and onward to greater glory!)

EDIT: Meant to ask: How many Syns are in a standard small back of Manhatten popcorn, btw?

McChubbin wrote: »
    Just back from my very first meeting and was utterly bricking it with anxiety over getting weighed.
    Turns out, I'm actually nearly 2 stone lighter than I thought I was! Starting weight came in as 22 stone 3 pounds which, whilst not great, is smaller than my estimation of 24 stone. It's put me in a good mood. That being said, there was a lot to take in at the meeting, what with all the talk of Speedy Foods, Good As and Bs and Syns but I'm sure I'll figure it out as the weeks progress.
    I've set myself the goal to lose a stone in a month and already, small changes are taking place.
    On the advice of my counceller, I went out and bought those Pat The Baker Slimbo yokes as apparently, my two slices of McCambridge bread for breakfast are actually quite high in syns. :/
    Still, baby steps.
    I got to my meeting half an hour early so I sat reading through the many magazines on display and dribbling over some of the more succulent recipes. Very surprised to see just how liberal the plan is with regards to burgers, curries and whatnot.
    I even plan to try out a simple grilled sweet potato recipe tomorrow. Still a bit jittery but doing well!
    As Stan Lee would say: EXELSIOR! (Upward and onward to greater glory!)

EDIT: Meant to ask: How many Syns are in a standard small back of Manhatten popcorn, btw?

Good Luck McChubbin! Remember baby steps and you'll get there. I think there are 6 Syns in a 30g bag of Manhattan popcorn but I could be corrected! Cinema popcorn is ridiculously high in Syns. If you're on Facebook you could like the Syns Allowed page they have 1000s of branded foods and snacks on their archives.

Popcorn is surprisingly high in syns - 5.5 per 25g if I remember correctly. I think those bags of Manhattan are 15g? So that'd be 3.5 syns.
    Well done on taking the first step! I'm always saying this but don't be afraid to sit in on the new member's talk again next week, you'll take more in when you don't have the stress of first weigh in hanging over you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Down another two pound today. Got slimmer of the month wig 10 and half off me..I'm delighted .
    Have decided to try sp this week to see if I can boost weight loss as I've my sond communion next week..has anyone handy tips or recipes for sp? Had anyone done it before and how did you find it? Think I'll miss yoghurt the most but gonna try quark with sweetener for over fruit..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

I'm doing a couple of days sp. just wondering if the glenisk high protein Greek yoghurt is considered a protein food when following that plan?

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Makapakka

How do you keep your motivation going? I'm lying here after a blow out (but great) weekend and thinking right tomorrow it's back on track but then tomorrow comes and the motivation is gone.. i do want to do this, I just don't believe that I can :(

Mollyd90 wrote: »
    I'm doing a couple of days sp. just wondering if the glenisk high protein Greek yoghurt is considered a protein food when following that plan?

Afraid not, no yogurts at all allowed on SP, just quark.

Can't multiquote, so to the poster asking about SP meals - I do sw chilli with cauliflower rice, lasagne with courgette instead of pasta, Bolognese on spiralized courgette or carrot, burgers with butternut squash chips, there's lots of things you can do! Tonight I had a stir fry with turkey, carrot, turnip, cauliflower, bean sprouts, baby sweet corn and peppers, seasoned with chilli, Cajun, cayenne, paprika and some scotch bonnets. Join "sp slimming world" if you're on Facebook, lots of nice meals there!

• Advertisement

Makapakka wrote: »
    How do you keep your motivation going? I'm lying here after a blow out (but great) weekend and thinking right tomorrow it's back on track but then tomorrow comes and the motivation is gone.. i do want to do this, I just don't believe that I can :(

You can. We all have weeks or even months like this!

You feel like you've been so bad on the weekend that you're gonna have a gain, so may as well eat what you want. However, that's not true. Eating whatever the rest of the week could be the difference between a half pound gain and a 4lb gain.

In some cases, you can even un-do the damage. A few times, I've had mad weekends, did SP the rest of the week and ended up with a good loss!

Remember why you started, how you felt about yourself before starting, and why you want to keep going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Down half a pound this week. After going to Bruce Springsteen and drinking a lot on Sunday and having a chicken fillet roll AND sausage rolls to help the hangover Monday morning I'll consider that a win! I think I'm going to head to see my doctor in the next few days as I've been dealing with some pretty horrific headaches for the last few weeks and dizziness the last few mornings. Think I might need a quick once over.
    Good Luck everyone with weigh in this week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,048 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Last year I went on hols staying semi on plan and gained 4lbs... This year I had free breakfast and SW was thrown out the window for the rest of the day and 'only' gained 3.5lbs lol...I'm glad I wasn't too strict with myself this year and relaxed instead. I'm still in my target zone anyways so all good! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

I had a massive cookie for breakfast, weigh in this evening will be fun :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Kittymama

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering does anyone know if Tesco ' Low Fat Greek Style Yogurt' is free or has to be synned. It is not 0%, just low fat.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Kittymama wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

I was wondering does anyone know if Tesco ' Low Fat Greek Style Yogurt' is free or has to be synned. It is not 0%, just low fat.

Thanks

4 syns for 500g pot according to the App

3.5 down today :) I was good all week, finally have my arse back in gear!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Kittymama

Dovies wrote: »
    4 syns for 500g pot according to the App

Thank you, I think that is worth it, it goes realky well with strawberries at this time of year.

• Advertisement

Kittymama wrote: »
    Thank you, I think that is worth it, it goes realky well with strawberries at this time of year.

Have you tried Liberte 0% fat Greek? It's yummy and free, very creamy. I have weird tastebuds though so I find all other Greek yogurts too salty!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement