Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

I bit the bullet and went this morning(before I ate or drank anything!) I was down half a pound. I feel like I'm getting away with murder for the last few weeks. Off on my holidays today so I'll be as good as I can whilst having a great time. I'll be back for weigh in on 27th of July and from then on I'll be back sticking to class and joining the gym to help with toning up. My cousin is getting married in October and I was asked last week to read at the ceremony so I need to look my best, so no excuses then. Thanks to everyone last night for the pep talk when I really needed it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

All that worry for nothing wellyd :pac:

I gained 2.5. That's over two weeks and I deserved much worse of a gain. I'll have that off next week hopefully

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Wellyd wrote: »
    I bit the bullet and went this morning(before I ate or drank anything!) I was down half a pound. I feel like I'm getting away with murder for the last few weeks. Off on my holidays today so I'll be as good as I can whilst having a great time. I'll be back for weigh in on 27th of July and from then on I'll be back sticking to class and joining the gym to help with toning up. My cousin is getting married in October and I was asked last week to read at the ceremony so I need to look my best, so no excuses then. Thanks to everyone last night for the pep talk when I really needed it!

Ya jammy thing!!
    Im having a good week and I won't be down like you. Enjoy the holidays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I've been arsing around with SW online and MFP for weeks now and getting absolutely nowhere. I'm rejoining a new group tomorrow as I've proven I need that accountability! Between being back at work and having a toddler, I just can't muster the enthusiasm on my own. I had lost 2.5 stone but I feel like I have about a stone of that back on. Nipping it in the bud now as I'm bursting out of my size 16s :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Dolbert wrote: »
    I've been arsing around with SW online and MFP for weeks now and getting absolutely nowhere. I'm rejoining a new group tomorrow as I've proven I need that accountability! Between being back at work and having a toddler, I just can't muster the enthusiasm on my own. I had lost 2.5 stone but I feel like I have about a stone of that back on. Nipping it in the bud now as I'm bursting out of my size 16s :mad:

If it helps I rejoined also. I just need the weigh in. Nothing else works for me. It keeps me on my toes!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,048 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Draw a line, pull it back, reign it in <and other SW slogans> :D

I was just bold the last while and went over my target by .5 - oops!! Too many 1-2 syn sweets uncounted! ...Although TMI I was peeing a lot after I weighed in so I wondered how much of the .5 that made up lol! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Makapakka

Still finding it hard to reign it in.. 6 weeks to my holiday. I know I could lose loads if I really tried. My work hours have kind of fudged things up a bit. Used to work wedn - Friday 9-5 being off Monday Tuesday and would have set breakfast lunch and dinner but now I'm working 9-1 n feel like it's messed all things up. I don't know how to plan my day because I don't get get home til 2.. i know it's only an hour later than I would have normally had lunch. . But I'm going to the gym three days a week straight from work so dunno what to bring for lunch to eat before the gym. I'm also used to having my lunch being my dinner ie bringing leftovers and then having something small when I get home.. ant advice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Met my first Half Stone target tonight! Down by 3lbs this week, making a total loss of 9lbs over 4 weeks. :D
    I'm only delighted with meself, especially now that I can finally fit into my old Rammstein tour shirt again. Dug it out of the wardrobe thinking it would be too tight only to have it sit comfortable and roomy on my shoulders and belly. I'm already beginning to see my cheekbones coming out. Brilliant! BTW, for anyone looking for a good alternative to creamery butter, I've started using that new Low Low Coconut Butter spread, both for shmearing on my toast and for frying up banana pancakes.
    I don't know the exact Syn count but it's very low in fat and saturates and is just as delicious as organic butter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Butter is 2 syns per level teaspoon; the coconut spread would work out at about 1.5 syns for the same amount.
    What does the coconut spread taste like?

dee_mc wrote: »
    Butter is 2 syns per level teaspoon; the coconut spread would work out at about 1.5 syns for the same amount.
    What does the coconut spread taste like?

And McC, just because you're new to sw, so may not know - remember if you're doing banana pancakes you have to syn the banana

• Advertisement

Started a new group this evening, feeling very positive for the months ahead! I'm up about a stone from where I quit group last year, so nothing that can't be undone. This time I'm going to group until I'm at target, no ifs, no buts. My interim target is pretty simple: I have the most amazing size 14 vintage style winter coat that I've never gotten into, and I'd love to wear it when the seasons change again. I'm currently a (large) 16 so this seems quite achievable :)

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Anyone know syn values for the Charleville snack packs? No one in my group knows :(

mejulie805 wrote: »
    Anyone know syn values for the Charleville snack packs? No one in my group knows :(

The snackfuls?

The country relish one is 10.5 syns. Could probably use it as your healthy A + 5 syns

Oh, and the low low coconut butter spread is 2.5 syns per 10g. Flora light is 1.5 per 10g, so probably better off with the flora!

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Thanks Penny! I had it anyway it was calling me! Down 2lb which was a miracle due to the packet sambo parade when I was in hospital this week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

Down 2.5lbs this week, got slimmer of the week. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Just throwing a quick heads up for anyone in the Dublin 7 / city Centre direction thinking of joining or rejoining. The Manor St group (Stanhope Street Secondary School) group relaunches on Tuesday evening and there is going to be a free bumper raffle and also some freebies and welcome gifts going for any new members on the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

For any other vegetarians out there, I came accross this today.

Quorn Turky Burgers 4 pack (each) FREE
    Quorn mince & pieces FREE
    Quorn Mince, chilled/frozen (per 100g) FREE
    Quorn Fajita Strips, chilled (per 100g) FREE
    Quorn Peppered Steaks, chilled (98g each) FREE
    Quorn Lamb Style Grills, chilled (90g each) FREE

Quorn Thai Chicken Fillets, frozen (83g each) FREE
    Quorn Chicken Style Slices, chilled (per 100g) FREE
    Quorn Smoky Ham Style Slices, chilled (per 100g) FREE
    Quorn Peppered Beef Style Slices, chilled (per 100g) FREE
    Quorn Roast Chicken Style Slices, chilled (per 100g) FREE
    Quorn Roast Style Sliced Fillets, chilled (140g pack) FREE
    Quorn Wafer Thin Ham Style Slices, chilled (100g) FREE
    Quorn Swedish Style Balls, frozen 300g pack (per 100g) FREE
    Quorn Wafer Thin Chicken Style Slices, chilled (per 100g) FREE
    Quorn Vegan Chicken Style Pieces, frozen 280g pack (per 100g) FREE

Quorn Turkey & Sage Stuffing Style Slices, chilled (per 100g) FREE
    Quorn Beef Style & Sweet Red Onion Burgers, chilled (80g each) FREE
    Quorn Chicken Style Pieces, chilled/frozen 350g pack (per 100g) FREE
    Quorn Bacon Rashers (previously Deli Style), chilled (120g pack) FREE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 371 ✭✭Catxscotch

And McC, just because you're new to sw, so may not know - remember if you're doing banana pancakes you have to syn the banana

Whaaat??!! Why do you have to syn the banana? So much for my syn free day :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,048 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Catxscotch wrote: »
    Whaaat??!! Why do you have to syn the banana? So much for my syn free day :(

It's one of SW's ridiculous rules :rolleyes: :mad: I wouldn't syn it myself- unless you're putting 10 bananas in lol!! Having one mashed into pancakes to me is no different to having it sliced on top!

• Advertisement

Mashed, blended or cooked fruit is supposed to be synned as it loses its filling power (apparently)

Dolbert wrote: »
    Mashed, blended or cooked fruit is supposed to be synned as it loses its filling power (apparently)

It's also because you'd eat more.

Like, a smoothie with strawberries, banana, raspberries, blueberries etc has tonnes of fruit in it, which is more than most people would eat in one sitting.

Weighed in this morning, down 2lbs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭dcfc91

Going back to slimming world next week, haven't been since Jan/Feb just lost all motivation after xmas although I lost 2 and half stone in the 6 months before that. I have definitely put back on some weight but thankfully not all as I am still just about fitting into my newer clothes. Really want to get back into it now. I started out at almost 16 stone and I really don't want to go back to that.

Could someone syn this for me please? Had some today and it was fab and I won't have access to the online calculator until next week.

Rachel's Low Fat Organic Rhubarb Yogurt 450g

Per 100g:
    Energy: 87kcal
    Fat: 1.6g
    Of which is Sats: 1.0g
    Carbs: 13.9g
    Of which is sugars: 13.1g
    Protein: 4.2g
    Salt: .2g

It's 7.5 for the 450g pot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

After 2 months off I'm going back to slimming world in the morning. Had too much going on for a while and wasn't giving it my all (or let's face it, wasn't giving it any!). I'd say I have a good stone and a half on but sure I'm going back in with a different frame of mind and must admit this last week I've been craving fresh healthy food so that's a good start.
    All I have to do is get over the shock of stepping back on the scales

I haven't weighed in in a few weeks now, sailing a pound or two above my target range generally but after a bit of a blow-out weekend I weighed myself on my home scales (never normally do!) and I'm up a couple of pounds. Back on plan already but will be back to group next week too. It's great motivation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

After 2 months off I'm going back to slimming world in the morning. Had too much going on for a while and wasn't giving it my all (or let's face it, wasn't giving it any!). I'd say I have a good stone and a half on but sure I'm going back in with a different frame of mind and must admit this last week I've been craving fresh healthy food so that's a good start.
    All I have to do is get over the shock of stepping back on the scales

I too am going back next week. Joined in January and lasted 2 weeks, had too much going on to truly commit. Have been in touch with my consultant and going back next Monday.

dcfc91 wrote: »
    Going back to slimming world next week, haven't been since Jan/Feb just lost all motivation after xmas although I lost 2 and half stone in the 6 months before that. I have definitely put back on some weight but thankfully not all as I am still just about fitting into my newer clothes. Really want to get back into it now. I started out at almost 16 stone and I really don't want to go back to that.

Could someone syn this for me please? Had some today and it was fab and I won't have access to the online calculator until next week.

Rachel's Low Fat Organic Rhubarb Yogurt 450g

Per 100g:
    Energy: 87kcal
    Fat: 1.6g
    Of which is Sats: 1.0g
    Carbs: 13.9g
    Of which is sugars: 13.1g
    Protein: 4.2g
    Salt: .2g

I was in the North over the weekend and picked up a pot of the Asda fat free rhubarb and vanilla yogurt - it's syn free and it's delicious! Very much like the fancy champagne rhubarb yogurts you can get from the premium supermarket ranges, which work out around 7 syns per small pot!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Mazda123

After 17 wks I did it!! I have Reached my Target and lost 28 and a half pounds. I'm delighted!! I must say I found the plan very easy to follow as it allowed me to eat all my favourite foods the sw way. I'm not sure if I want to lose another half stone or not. I'm going to continue following the plan and see where it takes me over the next few weeks. Feeling great. Best of luck everyone, it's worth the journey!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

wow well done

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement