Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

I was so disappointed to be up 2.5 lbs on Monday which meant I was out of my target.. I can't really explain the gain except I do think I had become a little bit complacent anf thinking I could get away with more than I can!

Anyway I'm determined to get back on plan and started like I'm a new member, tracking everything and sticking to 10 syns a day, no more! As I'm only 8.5 stone now I think I have to go easy on the syns now, where as before I could get away the maximum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,048 ✭✭✭✭tk123

m'lady wrote: »
    I was so disappointed to be up 2.5 lbs on Monday which meant I was out of my target.. I can't really explain the gain except I do think I had become a little bit complacent anf thinking I could get away with more than I can!

Anyway I'm determined to get back on plan and started like I'm a new member, tracking everything and sticking to 10 syns a day, no more!

I'd gotten the same. "Oh a pizza and stayed the same" etc etc I was .5 over target, stayed on plan and lost 3.:cool:

tk123 wrote: »
    I'd gotten the same. "Oh a pizza and stayed the same" etc etc I was .5 over target, stayed on plan and lost 3.:cool:

Lol.. I was exactly the same and managed to push my luck for a couple of months and then bang! I have a big gain. I'm really hoping I will lose 3lbs!
    I'm also drinking my 2/3 L of water a day as it also occurred to me that I was drinking a lot of diet drinks and no water.

So now that you are back in target tk123 Cani ask how many syns do you have roughly and do you have the extra HEs?
    I've been at target since November but never increased them as was afraid to!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Mazda123 wrote: »
    After 17 wks I did it!! I have Reached my Target and lost 28 and a half pounds. I'm delighted!! I must say I found the plan very easy to follow as it allowed me to eat all my favourite foods the sw way. I'm not sure if I want to lose another half stone or not. I'm going to continue following the plan and see where it takes me over the next few weeks. Feeling great. Best of luck everyone, it's worth the journey!!

Fair play to you. Congrats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,048 ✭✭✭✭tk123

m'lady wrote: »
    Lol.. I was exactly the same and managed to push my luck for a couple of months and then bang! I have a big gain. I'm really hoping I will lose 3lbs!
    I'm also drinking my 2/3 L of water a day as it also occurred to me that I was drinking a lot of diet drinks and no water.

So now that you are back in target tk123 Cani ask how many syns do you have roughly and do you have the extra HEs?
    I've been at target since November but never increased them as was afraid to!!

I have 15 a day - sometimes 1 or 2 more and try to stick to one HEA and B - i've found if I have extra HE's I gain

• Advertisement

tk123 wrote: »
    I have 15 a day - sometimes 1 or 2 more and try to stick to one HEA and B - i've found if I have extra HE's I gain

Thanks tk123.. I reckin I'd probably be the same if I had extra HE's- unfortunately!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

I have 11 lbs to go to reach target. im a bit worried about keeping at target. Im afraid I'll lose interest because I know I wont get a buzz from not losing weight.

Mollyd90 wrote: »
    I have 11 lbs to go to reach target. im a bit worried about keeping at target. Im afraid I'll lose interest because I know I wont get a buzz from not losing weight.

I found that I missed the buzz of losing weight alright but then got a new buzz of being able to wear jeans 3/4 sizes smaller than I previously did! Maintenance can be difficult at times, but I think if you continue going to the classes it keeps you on track somewhat..

Mollyd90 wrote: »

I found that I missed the buzz of losing weight alright but then got a new buzz of being able to wear jeans 3/4 sizes smaller than I previously did! Maintenance can be difficult at times, but I think if you continue going to the classes it keeps you on track somewhat..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

So I weighed in and put on 1st 3.5lb, thought it would have been more so not as bad as I thought it would be.
    I'm glad I didn't go for 2 months even though I had weight on, went in today with fresh eyes and more determined than when I first started. Seen people I hadn't seen in a couple of months and the difference in them is amazing, that's what I always likes about group, seeing the change in other people means that other people see the change in me even if I can't see it myself sometimes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭teggers5

Hi all..
    so Im pretty new to Slimming world. Only joined 3 weeks ago.
    Been finding the recipes in the website so handy for free dinners.
    what I'm wondering is, in the likes of Bolognese, is the two tins of tomatoes in it plus onions and carrots enough speed food with that meal or should I be having something else?

teggers5 wrote: »
    Hi all..
    so Im pretty new to Slimming world. Only joined 3 weeks ago.
    Been finding the recipes in the website so handy for free dinners.
    what I'm wondering is, in the likes of Bolognese, is the two tins of tomatoes in it plus onions and carrots enough speed food with that meal or should I be having something else?

I'd say that would be enough speed unless you are going to have a serious amount of pasta.. Also if it's a SW recipe then I'd imagine they'd suggest salad or whatever if it was low in speed- it's sound like enough to me anyway ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

First week back at group and gobsmacked to lose 6lb :eek: Will have the stone I put on gone in no time if this continues!

weight.png

ETA I've had a horrible cold and can't taste much which probably helps :pac: Actually, if there was a product that temporarily dulled the taste of everything I would defo use it! We have a massive slab of dairy milk in the house and I've had no desire to eat it because I just won't taste it properly...

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Seesee

Does anyone know how many Syns are in Molson Canadian Lager? At group they mentioned it but now I cannot remember? I know it's lower than many other beers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 pinkdiamond2

Does anyone know the syns in Alpro Coconut milk? Can't find it anywhere, thanks :)

Does anyone know the syns in Alpro Coconut milk? Can't find it anywhere, thanks

600ml for a healthy A or 1 syn per 100ml, that's according to the app anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 pinkdiamond2

Thanks a mill you're a star :)

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

Just wondering does anyone go to Ann Marie in Douglas in Cork?

Did anyone purchase the Eat Play Live book?
    I've heard it's supposed to be fab!!!

pinkstars wrote: »
    Did anyone purchase the Eat Play Live book?
    I've heard it's supposed to be fab!!!

Hey pinkstars, I bought the book 3 weeks ago. It's a very good way of tracking everything.
    At the start you can write in your measurements, put in a picture of yourself and also write down various things under a page titled 'my slimming world dream', for example 'in 12 weeks I want to look back and think...'

At the start of each week you write down a few things ahead of that week.
    It's a nice little journal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Up 2! Can't say I'm surprised after 5 weeks without a weigh-in, and a really busy time at work that has tested the organisational skills.
    I'd forgotten how positive and encouraging group can be. Best motivation today was seeing a lovely lady who joined around the same time as me reaching her target today. It was such a good feeling to reach target, so I need to get working to do it again as soon as possible myself!
    100% back on plan now and hoping for a loss next week, will-power and food scales at the ready :D
    How's everyone else going this week?

Oh yayyyyyyy! I'm calling to another class tonight to pick up those journals and I am super excited! Probably cause I tracked them down at another class cause they were sold out at my own lol. Yesterday being my first day was awful as there was a lady leaving the section and we had a big huge tea party, plenty of Rocky Road had and feeling bad about it today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Maintained yesterday. Had a few bad days, so that's good really. :)

6lb off. Delighted, still have a pile more to go to get back to what I was but just so much happier following the plan, here's to another good week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Another 2lb off after 6 last week, delighted and just sorry I didn't go back soooner :D

weight.png

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Ccheidi

I have lost 2 1/2 stones with slimming world and am delighted! Have another 3 stone to go!
    I have noticed since weight loss that I have what resembles chicken skin on inside tighs and upper arms! Assume this from weight loss?!
    Anyone any tips on how to prevent any more of this loose skin!
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

Ccheidi wrote: »
    I have lost 2 1/2 stones with slimming world and am delighted! Have another 3 stone to go!
    I have noticed since weight loss that I have what resembles chicken skin on inside tighs and upper arms! Assume this from weight loss?!
    Anyone any tips on how to prevent any more of this loose skin!
    Thanks

dont think there is much you can do other than replace the lost fat with muscle. I've lost 4 stone and have rotten arms, cellulite and stretch marks. bit disappointed that after losing all that weight, I still cant wear a sleeveless top.

Moisturise, and exercise. They will never be perfect, but both of these will improve matters and you will see a difference fairly quickly. It's just empty, stretched skin that doesn't have that thick layer of fat padding it out anymore - it's not pretty, but it's a lot better than it was when you started!
    Surgery to remove excess skin is an option if you have the cash and the inclination!

Fourth day back on plan 100% and already my jeans aren't 'bet into me' anymore! I had forgotten about that feeling of satisfaction, it's great :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Hi Guys, want to start following SW today, but am so disorganized so I had no time to prepare anything last night for today's lunch. I know if I don't start today it will go on for another week! So I am wondering, for someone stuck in town and with no pre-prepared lunch, are there any SW lunch ideas?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement