Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Hey all!

I've just joined slimming world again and had my first week over- with a weight loss of 6lbs.

The first time i joined I lost 10lbs on the first week and I really thought that this time I did much better- ate healthier, exercised loads etc etc.

I find the result really depressing, simply because I'm comparing it to the last time I was there. But also, I'm 21 y/o and 17 stone. I really think that 6lbs isn't a great loss, but maybe I'm wrong. i feel really depressed with this result and i really want to just give up now...

Has this happened to anyone before? why does this happen? how can i resolve it?

Hopeless Slimmer xo

You need to cop on and realise that you've lost nearly half a stone in the space of one week. That's a massive amount of weight to lose.
    Re the idea of having eaten healthier and exercised loads; bear a couple of things in mind: when you say healthier, do you mean less? Or do you mean genuinely healthier and following the 'one third speed' rule at every meal? And remember that a lot of exercise can actually slow down your weight loss - I'm not saying that exercise is bad, far from it, but a lot of exercise can mean that your weight loss takes longer to show on the scales.
    Prepare yourslef that your weight loss may be much, much less next week. Remember that a weight loss of half a pound to 2 pounds a week is the most sustainable loss. The slower and steadier you lose it, the better chance you have of learning something about food and nutrition and actually keeping off the weight by keeping up what you've learnt.
    Well done on a fantastic weight loss and stop beating yourself up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

What do people have for quick low sun or free snacks at night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭cazzer22

What do people have for quick low sun or free snacks at night.

I find muller light yogurts really good if you're craving something (the free ones or the vanilla with cherry underlayer is 1.5 syns) I also go back to Slimming World Muffin in a Mug really good too and I usually have that with a Muller light too. You can search those recipes online. The choc orange/banana/rocky road bars are lovely you can buy them at the Slimming World group and they are 3 syns each or you can have two as you HEXB.
    Speedy fruit is nice (blueberries, raspberries) with a yogurt of muffin in a mug :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Back to my good old slimming world thread after a month on holidays. I was actually looking forward to my beloved bolognese after all the huge American portions of bad food. Went to get weighed super early this morning just so the scales might not hate me as much and........

I lost a fricking pound! And finally broke into the 13 stone bracket. Don't ask me how! But I'm ready with a new motivation to kick this last 2 stones ass!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Another week, another pound off :) Feeling good at the moment and happy that my clothes are fitting better again. I'm off on holidays next week and we'll be eating out for every meal except breakfast(!), so my plan is just to make the best choices available and hopefully manage to maintain. I won't be weighing again for 2 weeks so have a bit of time to pull it back too.

weight.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

cazzer22 wrote: »
    I find muller light yogurts really good if you're craving something (the free ones or the vanilla with cherry underlayer is 1.5 syns) I also go back to Slimming World Muffin in a Mug really good too and I usually have that with a Muller light too. You can search those recipes online. The choc orange/banana/rocky road bars are lovely you can buy them at the Slimming World group and they are 3 syns each or you can have two as you HEXB.
    Speedy fruit is nice (blueberries, raspberries) with a yogurt of muffin in a mug :)

What's the muffin in a bag?

I occasionally make a chocolate cake in a mug, it's grand but not the same as a chocolate fondant :rolleyes:

I often have a meringue nest with some fruit and Aldi's light aerosol cream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

Just googled cake in a mug and might give it a try tonight, recipe I seen had a cadburys highlight, med egg and 3tbsps of sweetener, mix together and microwave for a minute. Not a massive fan of sweetener but sure I'll give it a go!

2 pounds off this week! Happy with that. Really trying hard to drink the water (when all I really want is coffee!) and I think it helps - 2 pounds lighter and my skin is much clearer and less dehydrated too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭cazzer22

1 pound off this week and total weight loss of 1 stone and 1/2 a pound. Really happy to have reached the stone as well.
    Just a quick question, does anyone find around their time of the month that they tend to lose less weight? I did a good bit of exercise this week and really followed the plan and am a bit disappointed with just 1 pound. Could this maybe be why the result is quite small? Interested to hear people's thoughts, thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

^Yes it's a really well-known phenomenon, you'll be retaining more water. Also, a pound is a fine amount to lose in a week! 1-2 pounds is what you should be aiming for, any more than that is likely water weight.

• Advertisement

cazzer22 wrote: »
    1 pound off this week and total weight loss of 1 stone and 1/2 a pound. Really happy to have reached the stone as well.
    Just a quick question, does anyone find around their time of the month that they tend to lose less weight? I did a good bit of exercise this week and really followed the plan and am a bit disappointed with just 1 pound. Could this maybe be why the result is quite small? Interested to hear people's thoughts, thanks :)

Yeah hormones are great, it's really common for women to lose less or even have a small gain the week of their period or, in my case, the week I ovulate. In SW there's even a word for it (star week!) that's how common the issue is! You can probably look forward to a slightly greater loss next week to compensate, although some people find that they lose steadily the other 3 weeks and not the week of the period (with no compensation). Isn't nature wonderful!

3.5lb off today, long may my motivation continue!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Jo33

This is a great thread thanks to everyone. Rejoined SW four weeks ago down 6lbs so far - slow and steady! I am frequently up during the night with a child who has special needs. I am then sometimes using food to boost energy. Can anyone suggest energy boost foods that won't cost too many syns!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,303 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Jo33 wrote: »
    This is a great thread thanks to everyone. Rejoined SW four weeks ago down 6lbs so far - slow and steady! I am frequently up during the night with a child who has special needs. I am then sometimes using food to boost energy. Can anyone suggest energy boost foods that won't cost too many syns!

Protein is the key here I'd imagine. Have packs of sliced ham/chicken ready to go. Should be filling and give you energy too

Jo33 wrote:

Apples are really good for waking you up too

Still thinking and Dodge

Thanks for those tips - haven't tried before and will give this a go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭PopTarts

If u join online do u get the book with the list of all the free foods etc ... Is there anything online where I can see these?

Anyone know if there are syns in unislim's gorge us oven chips? I've been told that they are syn free and I've seen someone post that they have syns

deisemum wrote:
    Anyone know if there are syns in unislim's gorge us oven chips? I've been told that they are syn free and I've seen someone post that they have syns

I would love the answer to this too, I couldn't find them on the slimming world app

Down another 1/2lb - it's so slow! At least I'm heading in right direction

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Cavan Bear

deisemum wrote: »

I found this information on another page it says 2 syns per 100g according to the syns calculator. It is from 2015 so it might have changed.
    I tried to post a link but I am not allowed since I am a new user.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

4.5lbs down in 3 weeks. Not great but getting there slowly....

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

Well my doc was taking me off my meds that kept me stable for the last year because of my weight. I was weaning down from them and realised I can do this - so I rang and told her, if I lose the weight can I stay on them. She's leaving me have a go at it. It will be three months until I see her next. I have GOT to do this

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Been all over the place recently with SW recently as I've just been diagnosed with something that's taken years to find! Still at it though and lost 3.5 last week getting back into target range and 2 lb from lowest target weight! Delighted as ive my bridesmaid dress fitting on Saturday! Been tough as I've no energy lately but the Iceland dinners have been my saving grace!! Also for a syn free boost love a good mugshot or a banana- I wouldn't usually eat bananas but they're a good boost :)

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Makapakka

Joining slimming world again tonight.. my mum is joining with me so hopefully with the support I'll succeed.

Just wondering does anyone have any days were they use no syns? What would be your breakfast lunch and dinner? Thanks :)

I never have a day where I don't use syns. I always eat either chocolate or almond butter or Ryvita (or all 3!)
    Down a pound and a half this week, although I have had gastroenteritis since Sunday and have only started feeling borderline human again today so I'm not sure if it counts :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Had a great week until last night I ate three slices of dominos now I'm dreading weigh in on Friday.

There are some days that I don't use syns when I do use them it's usually on snacks..

Breakfast would be a fry,omelette or fruit salad

Lunch would be chicken salad.soup or jacket potato and bean or tuna

Dinner say Bolognese..stir fry.,fish and chips

I had a very good nsv this morning, went to my gp to pick up perscription for my usual blood pressure tablets and my blood pressure is the best it's been in years since I started medication and changed my diet. We're looking at reducing medication in a few months time if it's lower. GP happy though I've just got to wait on my blood test results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hesh's Umpire

Makapakka wrote: »
    Just wondering does anyone have any days were they use no syns? What would be your breakfast lunch and dinner? Thanks :)

I'm just two months in SW and in recent days I've found myself using no syns without even trying.

Breakfast usually porridge and fruit or Special K granola and fruit. Usually have a cold meat and egg salad for lunch and a meat, veg, potato type of dinner or pasta. Drink a lot of water and a few teas and coffees throughout the day. Snack on lots of fruit throughout the day too.

God, I miss crisps though! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

I'm just two months in SW and in recent days I've found myself using no syns without even trying.

Breakfast usually porridge and fruit or Special K granola and fruit. Usually have a cold meat and egg salad for lunch and a meat, veg, potato type of dinner or pasta. Drink a lot of water and a few teas and coffees throughout the day. Snack on lots of fruit throughout the day too.

God, I miss crisps though! :)

Lidl do multipacks of crips with Snax, Wheelies and chickatees that are between 4 - 5 syns per packet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement