Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭spur

Sparkles27 wrote: »
    Hey guys, does anyone know what the story is with restarting your progress and can this be done in the middle of a countdown? So basically I had lost a fair bit of weight and put most of it back on but am still going to SW but just haven't been following the plan at all. I am feeling a lot more motivated and focused at the moment so I'm thinking if I went back to 0 and got a new Food Optimising book (so I don't have to see the awards I had) it might help me. Does anyone know how much I would have to pay for the book and is it possible to restart my weight loss cos I still have a few weeks left in my countdown?

I am in similar situation. Been messing around with the same pounds for ages and it's slowly starting to creep back up.
    In desperation asked leader if could restart so that I'm back to getting awards etc.
    She said only way to do that was to rejoin as a new member. I'm going to do that tomorrow night.
    I'm at the end of a countdown so I don't have same issue as you - something I hadn't even thought of.
    I hope this works as I hate feeling like this and I was on top of the world as I was losing weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Sparkles27

spur wrote: »
    I am in similar situation. Been messing around with the same pounds for ages and it's slowly starting to creep back up.
    In desperation asked leader if could restart so that I'm back to getting awards etc.
    She said only way to do that was to rejoin as a new member. I'm going to do that tomorrow night.
    I'm at the end of a countdown so I don't have same issue as you - something I hadn't even thought of.
    I hope this works as I hate feeling like this and I was on top of the world as I was losing weight.

Hey spur, so I rejoined from scratch last Tuesday. I got a new book and card and sat in at the new member talk and all. It definitely did me the world of good, fresh start and all that! Best of luck :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Down 1.5lbs this week - nice to be in a new stone bracket! Myself and two of the girls in group have signed a contract - for what we're calling "Skinny September", we chose a weight amount that we want to lose and if we get it, we are going to a really great steak restaurant. Mine is 8lbs over 5 weeks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭spur

Sparkles27 wrote: »
    Hey spur, so I rejoined from scratch last Tuesday. I got a new book and card and sat in at the new member talk and all. It definitely did me the world of good, fresh start and all that! Best of luck :)

Did this last night and head in so much better place. Sat through new members talk. I did know the plan quite well - I'm the kind of person that likes to know things!! But it was good to hear it all again and in one go. As she was talking I was planning out my meals.

Then it was woman of the year and lots people brought in stuff. Went home and made a frittata and had cold for breakfast this morning. It was lovely and while I'd have made before she had spinach and tomatoes in it - I love tomatoes but wouldn't usually add slices to cooked things. It was yummy. had half of it for my breakfast and pleasantly full. Another lady had made the diet coke chicken and I've never made that yet - definite now!

I went home via Aldi. In the door and straight away flung some kind of a stew into slow cooker and the frittata into oven and then had my dinner - hubby had it ready! No mind for having anything sweet or anything - for first times in weeks.

Loads of choc here at work as people back from holidays - no interest in having it.

Delighted I did it. Feels like a weight off my mind to stop thinking about getting back to where I'd gotten to before. Looking forward to getting my half stone award in a few weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Sparkles27

spur wrote: »
    Did this last night and head in so much better place. Sat through new members talk. I did know the plan quite well - I'm the kind of person that likes to know things!! But it was good to hear it all again and in one go. As she was talking I was planning out my meals.

Then it was woman of the year and lots people brought in stuff. Went home and made a frittata and had cold for breakfast this morning. It was lovely and while I'd have made before she had spinach and tomatoes in it - I love tomatoes but wouldn't usually add slices to cooked things. It was yummy. had half of it for my breakfast and pleasantly full. Another lady had made the diet coke chicken and I've never made that yet - definite now!

I went home via Aldi. In the door and straight away flung some kind of a stew into slow cooker and the frittata into oven and then had my dinner - hubby had it ready! No mind for having anything sweet or anything - for first times in weeks.

Loads of choc here at work as people back from holidays - no interest in having it.

Delighted I did it. Feels like a weight off my mind to stop thinking about getting back to where I'd gotten to before. Looking forward to getting my half stone award in a few weeks!

I'm the same, I know the plan fairly well but just decided to sit in on it anyway so it was totally like a fresh start!

It sounds like you are totally back on it anyway, well done :)

Yeah, I can't wait to get my half stone award soon too :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Down 1.5 this morning :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭cazzer22

Hi all,
    I'm up a pound this week after a stint in my parents (burgers, lots of alcohol etc) and not feeling too bad about it. My consultant is really encouraging and tbh I could be up more. We have to enjoy ourselves every so often :-)
    I also got asked to join the social team and I'm only there since the end of May so I guess I'll be weighing everyone in and giving out certs etc. Is anyone else a part of this? Was so nice to be asked and she was really complimentary about how I'm getting on and how she picked me because she thinks I'd be wonderful for people coming in and so encouraging. Even though I'm up I'm really pleased that I get to be a part of that too. How are you all doing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Down a pound and a half tonight. Delighted! Only 2 and a half pounds to go until I hit my first stone gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

Down 2lb today - that's 19 in total. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Imalump

What is the best option to get when you have to eat carvery dinner.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Load up on the veggies and roast meat which should be free, watch the portion of mash and add syns to account for added butter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Imalump wrote: »
    What is the best option to get when you have to eat carvery dinner.

I would stick with salad as opposed to veg. Some places put butter on their veg. Keep away from gravy or have it on the side. If you can have a whole potato (not roasted). If there is a fish option, which isn't covered in sauce or stick to a roasted joint (beef, pork). Lamb can be fatty.

Enjoy your dinner and if you think you've overindulged, go easy on the tea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Hey all

Can i get help...

How many syn's in each of these burgers http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=292819530

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Quick look says 10 1/2 suns but there are so many tesco burgers....
    The Aldo less of than 5% are the way to go at half a syn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

As you can see by my typing I'm using my 25 on red wine..��

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,048 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Hey all

Can i get help...

How many syn's in each of these burgers http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=292819530

Cheers

They're coming out at 4 for me.

Mince + oxo = free burgers! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

tk123 wrote: »
    They're coming out at 4 for me.

Mince + oxo = free burgers! ;)

Ha ha it's not for me. OH is on slimming world and these are the ones I normally get so need to check for her

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Down 9.5lbs in 6 weigh-ins, hard to believe!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Jo33

Great progress I can see. Got weighed last Wed's two days earlier than usual as I was away for a few days including during my usual WI. Up half a pound. Sigh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

I was up 1/2 lb this week. getting frustrated now. Ive only lost 3.5lbs since 28/06 with all the ups and downs.

I think I am going to give slimming world a break for a while. does anyone know if I go next week and weigh in can I set my target as that weight

• Advertisement

Mollyd90 wrote: »
    I was up 1/2 lb this week. getting frustrated now. Ive only lost 3.5lbs since 28/06 with all the ups and downs.

I think I am going to give slimming world a break for a while. does anyone know if I go next week and weigh in can I set my target as that weight

Are you having any trouble with the plan that is resulting in inconsistent losses? I found I was doing something wrong on the third week and once I fixed that I started to lose a lot more frequently. I joined around the same time as you so if need any advice before you give it a break, I'm happy to help. It is hard to stay focused.

cazzer22 wrote: »
    Are you having any trouble with the plan that is resulting in inconsistent losses? I found I was doing something wrong on the third week and once I fixed that I started to lose a lot more frequently. I joined around the same time as you so if need any advice before you give it a break, I'm happy to help. It is hard to stay focused.

thanks Cazzer
    Ive only a few lbs to go to my target.
    I joined last oct. ive lost 4st 3.5lbs. Its probably more that Im building muscle as Im doing HIIT workouts at home.

My plan is to following slimming world as a target member and weigh-in in 7-8 weeks. I'm just after getting a fitness test done in the gym where they took my measurements. I might just concentrate on the workout programme they gave me and use my measurements in the fitness retest in 6-8 weeks as a guide on how Im doing instead of getting frustrated with scales every week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I think SW works up to a point, but for the last few pounds you're going to have to look at calories and portions. Download MyFitnessPal and keep an eye on your intake, you can still eat the SW way if you want.

Dolbert wrote: »
    I think SW works up to a point, but for the last few pounds you're going to have to look at calories and portions. Download MyFitnessPal and keep an eye on your intake, you can still eat the SW way if you want.

im happy with the food im eating now as in types of food and portion size. i dont feel like im on a diet or hungry or missing out. i have a big appetite so I'm not happy to cut portions. I'd only end up bingeing or falling of wagon completely.

I used myfitnesspal a while ago. I found I got a bit obsessive about food having to weigh everything and plan to suit calories as well as slimming world plan. Its not for me. Not having to calorie count food or weigh free and speed foods is probably why I have stayed so long on plan.

Im going to stop where I am at the minute and concentrate on toning up. My original target was 4 stone but changed it as I got nearer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I don't think you can, cause that'd make your membership free.

You can set your target to 7lbs less than your current weight :)

2lbs down tonight. Delighted cause i usually weigh in the morning, and I was in my full work uniform instead of my usual light dress.

Running around all day long in my new job is helping the losses keep coming :)

I don't think you can, cause that'd make your membership free.

You can set your target to 7lbs less than your current weight :)

2lbs down tonight. Delighted cause i usually weigh in the morning, and I was in my full work uniform instead of my usual light dress.

Running around all day long in my new job is helping the losses keep coming :)

Just spoke to my consultant. I can set it at my current weight I just need to tell girl doing weighin.

Well done on losing the 2lb

Down 4lb this week. I'm 3 lbs away from my club 10 so I'm thrilled :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I don't think that I have posted in here in ages, oops!

Just an update on me, I am now 9 months at target, still following SW of course and I weighed in last week, dropped 1lb so am 4 lbs under target but I am going on holiday next Thursday so won't weigh in for 3 weeks now (I usually weigh in every week) but I plan from next Thursday to be off plan for 2 weeks, it means I have 7 lbs leeway for my gain but of course hoping to not gain as much as that! :pac:

I actually haven't been at my official target weight since the end of October 2015 :eek: and have always been sitting in the 3 lbs under category...amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Mazda123

Vahevala wrote: »
    I don't think that I have posted in here in ages, oops!

Just an update on me, I am now 9 months at target, still following SW of course and I weighed in last week, dropped 1lb so am 4 lbs under target but I am going on holiday next Thursday so won't weigh in for 3 weeks now (I usually weigh in every week) but I plan from next Thursday to be off plan for 2 weeks, it means I have 7 lbs leeway for my gain but of course hoping to not gain as much as that! :pac:

I actually haven't been at my official target weight since the end of October 2015 :eek: and have always been sitting in the 3 lbs under category...amazing.

Well done you, I haven't posted for a few weeks but just wanted to say you were one of those who both inspired me and gave me motivation when I first joined this thread. Glad to hear you are doing well. I reached my target of losing 27lbs a few weeks ago and have since lost 6 more lbs so considering resetting my target now. Hope you have a great holiday, you deserve it!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement