Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Should be ok Jen, just make sure you cook them from frozen rather than defrosting for best results. Peppers and onions should be fine, everything else should ideally be blanched before freezing but seeing as you'll be using them so soon they should be fine! You mentioned you froze them in bags, I'd say once they are pretty much frozen you could separate them (a bit of gentle massage/bashing!) so that you don't end up with a big lump of veg in the bag. If I'm freezing peppers I freeze the slices on a tray, then pop them into bags once frozen. Only really an option if you have a chest freezer of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

Thanks Dee, I froze them similar to how you mentioned. I spread them out in batons on a baking trays separated by baking paper and let the trays sit in the freezer for about 30 minutes, then threw the lot into bags. I had a horror experience freezing corgetti a few months ago and I learned a hard lesson :pac:

Good on ya. I'm not organised enough for much batch cooking but my freezer is always full of pasta sauce, and in winter I do big pots of soup... must start looking out for good value on red peppers, nothing nicer than a big bowl of tomato and pepper soup on a cold day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭kknitter

Hi All,

Today will be joining slimming world, hence would be my first day at the group meeting.
    Can anyone let me know what to expect? What happens on the first day?

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Makapakka

Can you count a cappuccino as hexA? I had small cup, which would be the "tall" size from insomnia.. does anyone know roughly the amount of milk that would be in that? It's 5 syns, so I don't mind syning it if I have to :)

• Advertisement

kknitter wrote: »
    Hi All,

Today will be joining slimming world, hence would be my first day at the group meeting.
    Can anyone let me know what to expect? What happens on the first day?

Regards

Hi kknitter, scroll back to post 8599, I answered your question a few days back when someone else asked it!
    Good luck with it, I hope you enjoy it and it's the start of something great for you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,047 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Makapakka wrote: »
    Can you count a cappuccino as hexA? I had small cup, which would be the "tall" size from insomnia.. does anyone know roughly the amount of milk that would be in that? It's 5 syns, so I don't mind syning it if I have to :)

According to SW no you can't... But my consultant always has the caveat that if it doesn't affect your weight loss you can make the personal decision to do it... I do it every day with my Starbucks frappe - i brought the cup home and measured out the milk to be sure lol :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭kknitter

dee_mc wrote: »
    Hi kknitter, scroll back to post 8599, I answered your question a few days back when someone else asked it!
    Good luck with it, I hope you enjoy it and it's the start of something great for you :)

Thank you dee_mc. Appreciate it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Up 2.5lbs today. Bit shocked to be honest, dunno how! I suppose I'll just keep at it tho!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Hi folks :)

Been on holiday for 2 weeks (haven't weighed in 3 weeks and went off plan when I was on holiday but I am contemplating if SW is for me. I miss being able to have a sandwich or bagel for lunch and feeling I can't have one if I have my cereal for lunch.

Another TMI thing (so sorry!) but on SW, I notice I don't go to the toilet as often when following SW in comparison to when I am not on SW. I know it's gross but it's reality lol.

I know I am at target and technically could have 2 healthy B's if I really wanted but it's that fear of gaining weight that stops me. I hate the constant battle of thinking what to have for lunch :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Vahevala wrote: »
    Hi folks :)

Been on holiday for 2 weeks (haven't weighed in 3 weeks and went off plan when I was on holiday but I am contemplating if SW is for me. I miss being able to have a sandwich or bagel for lunch and feeling I can't have one if I have my cereal for lunch.

Another TMI thing (so sorry!) but on SW, I notice I don't go to the toilet as often when following SW in comparison to when I am not on SW. I know it's gross but it's reality lol.

I know I am at target and technically could have 2 healthy B's if I really wanted but it's that fear of gaining weight that stops me. I hate the constant battle of thinking what to have for lunch :(

Why don't you try having the 2nd healthy b every second day and see how you get on, if you gain then you know where you stand, if you don't gain you could try increasing it to every day? Or you could do a couple of sp days, that way you have two extra bs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭Walter H Price

First weigh in tonite , cautiously optimistic i stayed under my 20 syns and measured my Hex A and B all week , just not sure how i could eat so much food and still loose weight but will wait an see.

Clocked up 65Km walking this week too so hopefully that will have helped too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

m'lady wrote: »
    Why don't you try having the 2nd healthy b every second day and see how you get on, if you gain then you know where you stand, if you don't gain you could try increasing it to every day? Or you could do a couple of sp days, that way you have two extra bs?

I might have to try... SP doesn't suit me as I miss yogurts (I can't eat quark!) and I miss the carbs :eek:

Probably 2 B's don't suit me as I think I will gain, just miss the convenience of eating bread lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Down 2.5lbs this week. Literally have no idea how that happened. Drank my weight in alcohol twice over at the weekend. Had cake and a bit of a hangover graze afterwards so lord only knows what goes on inside my body!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Vahevala wrote: »
    I might have to try... SP doesn't suit me as I miss yogurts (I can't eat quark!) and I miss the carbs :eek:

Probably 2 B's don't suit me as I think I will gain, just miss the convenience of eating bread lol.

I know how you feel! I just have fruit and yogurt for my breakfast so I can have my b for lunch or my dinner! I'm at target but trying to lower it slightly, so am *trying* to be good! However that's failing miserably at the minute lol

If you want extra bread why not syn it? That's what I do anyway. I try to eat as "clean" as possible while sticking to SW so I would spend most of my syns on avocado/coconut oil/nut butters etc but sometimes I just want another piece of bread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

There's no reason why you can't, it's nothing except espresso and milk.

Insomnia use low fat milk (not skimmed), and the amount used per tall cappuccino is roughly 300mls.

Wellyd, it's probably your good weeks catching up with you!

Down 1.5lbs tonight :) trousers I bought too small for work 5 weeks ago are now so big I need to buy new ones!

Down 5 1/2 pounds in week one absolutly buzzed ,giving the 777 challenge a lash this week hoping for my half stone next week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Down 5 1/2 pounds in week one absolutly buzzed ,giving the 777 challenge a lash this week hoping for my half stone next week

What's the 777 challange?

• Advertisement

Kauto0709 wrote: »

I think (i could be wrong) it's a challenge to have 7 different speed, 7 syns (as opposed to 15) and 7 glasses of water each day.

First weigh in tonite , cautiously optimistic i stayed under my 20 syns and measured my Hex A and B all week , just not sure how i could eat so much food and still loose weight but will wait an see.

Clocked up 65Km walking this week too so hopefully that will have helped too

Well, how did you get on? I hope you got a very pleasant surprise!

Its 7 Syns and 7 speed foods per day for 7 days our consultant said do it stick do it and you can nearly gaurentee a 3lb + loss in the week
    Well, how did you get on? I hope you got a very pleasant surprise!

Yeh 5 and 1/2 down i was a bit shocked to be honest with what i ate portion size carbs treats etc i didn't think there was a chance id be down more than a pound or two topps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Very happy after 2 1/2 gain last week down 5 this week and back at target !! Happy out !

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Makapakka

Just revert back to the plan and try and not be too hard on yourself. You're mindset changes eventually after a while on plan I find. I used to be a mad yoke for chocolate, cake etc every so often. Now my idea of pigging out involves eating a whole smash pizza or "accidentally" eating half a jar of almond and coconut butter. For me anyway my mindset changed.

I am having issues, I guess, with trying to fit my preference for whole food/clean eating into the plan. I want to incorporate and enjoy things like olive oil, avocado, peanut butter etc into my every day diet but sticking to a healthy calorie intake at the same time. The solution? Increase my exercise I suppose!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Just forget about the bad days and concentrate on your next meal being on plan. My boyfriend will be home for a visit next week so I know for definite that I'll be having 2 really off plan dinners but I usually try to keep my other meals on plan and try get an extra run or trip to the gym in.

Down 1.5lb today. Thrilled with that. I had a couple of free hours again today so I chopped and flash froze speed vegetables, made a few litres of "speed" soup, and batch cooked speedy dinners and froze them too. I found the frozen meals a lifesaver this week where I worked mostly from about 8am until 7/8pm with some breaks in between. I must invest in a better cooler system for work though, sometimes the work fridge is too jammed to fix in my lunchbox and I imagine it will only get worse as time goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Maintained this week :( I was really disappointed as I had only 1.5lbs to go to get to 1 stone.

My question for my fellow SW boardies is this: my friends like us to meet for coffee in Starbucks several times a week. I often try convincing them to go for a nice healthy walk instead but to no effect. I'm not a big fan of coffee and my starbucks drink was always a tall hot chocolate before joining SW, it has since changed to a short skinny hot chocolate (slightly less syns). Are there are SW friendly starbucks drinks that aren't very coffee-ey that anyone can recommend?

Thanks in advance :)

• Advertisement

Maintained this week :( I was really disappointed as I had only 1.5lbs to go to get to 1 stone.

My question for my fellow SW boardies is this: my friends like us to meet for coffee in Starbucks several times a week. I often try convincing them to go for a nice healthy walk instead but to no effect. I'm not a big fan of coffee and my starbucks drink was always a tall hot chocolate before joining SW, it has since changed to a short skinny hot chocolate (slightly less syns). Are there are SW friendly starbucks drinks that aren't very coffee-ey that anyone can recommend?

Thanks in advance :)

They do a couple of fruity iced tea lemonade style drinks that are calorie free... and I suppose herbal teas and stuff... other than that the flavoured frappuchinos made with skinny milk wouldn't be completely ruinous!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement