Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭beer enigma

These are gorgeous from Aldi and really filling - 2.5 syns for the whole pack. 60 Seconds in the microwave

Lentils_zpsbdl6vqhr.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

See how you go, take it week by week: if you're feeling deprived after your first 777 week, you could do a regular week (normal syns while keeping up the speed and water) then back to 777 as you say.
    Either way, well done you and be nice to yourself, you're doing amazing.

I haven't posted in a while, still up a few pounds (I haven't weighed myself but I know from my jeans and the mirror!), will get back to group hopefully next week but I'm at least 90% on plan so happy enough to be honest. Having a very busy time so trying to just go easy on myself until it's over and then can get back down to business 100%. My biggest issue is sugar cravings when I eat sugar too much (vicious cycle!) but thankfully my hormones should be pretty stable for the next couple of weeks so I've settled back to my usual routine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

I'm also having mad sugar cravings lately. The SW jellies are an absolute lifesaver. Made in a few minutes and set after an hour or so. So handy to have a tub of them in the fridge just to grab.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Makapakka

Wellyd wrote: »
    I'm also having mad sugar cravings lately. The SW jellies are an absolute lifesaver. Made in a few minutes and set after an hour or so. So handy to have a tub of them in the fridge just to grab.

Are they free?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Makapakka wrote: »
    Are they free?

3 syns for about 25-30 jellies and the moulds I have make big sized jellies!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭Walter H Price

weigh in tonite , Feel like ive had a pretty decent second week , don the 777 for 5 days , strayed a bit at the weekend with a homemade pizza (all free speed and Hex A ) bar the base , had 3 SW lemon drizzle muffins and 2 slices of cholate biscut cake too other then that was totally on plan all week , so hope that didn't drag me down too much and clocked up another 35km walking in and outa work too so hopfully cancells out a bit

Only need 1.5 lbs to get my half stone , within my first two weeks so fingers crossed for that

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭kknitter

Hi,

Anyone know syns in wagamama salad? I couldnt find syns for camile noodle dishes, anyone know? I am trying o choose which to choose so far yaki soba in wagamama has lowest, 11.5 syns, hence leaning towards that.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Makapakka

weigh in tonite , Feel like ive had a pretty decent second week , don the 777 for 5 days , strayed a bit at the weekend with a homemade pizza (all free speed and Hex A ) bar the base , had 3 SW lemon drizzle muffins and 2 slices of cholate biscut cake too other then that was totally on plan all week , so hope that didn't drag me down too much and clocked up another 35km walking in and outa work too so hopfully cancells out a bit

Only need 1.5 lbs to get my half stone , within my first two weeks so fingers crossed for that

Good luck :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Not expecting a loss tonight, in fact I'm expecting a gain, after a long weekend in the uk eating crap :o had some good meals because the sister I was visiting eats very healthily, but I'm still expecting a gain, the aul work trousers feel tight!

was down another 3lbs last night , 8.5lbs total in two weeks , i'm finding this plan unbelievable i only had 2 stone i wanted to shift to start with i'm quite fit and not particularly over weight 15st at 6'1 but want a tailored suit for my wedding next year, so in the past i have never managed to lose more then a pound a week there about bout already i'm a 1/4 of the way to my goal inside 14 days :)

Really really well done Walter, SW obviously suits you!
    Don't be disheartened when the weight loss begins to slow down now - the closer you get to your target weight, the slower it will be, but you will get there!

dee_mc wrote: »
    Really really well done Walter, SW obviously suits you!
    Don't be disheartened when the weight loss begins to slow down now - the closer you get to your target weight, the slower it will be, but you will get there!

cheers , ah i know ive been here before i lost 9 stone a few years back when i finished up plying rugby on Motivation , but the SW plan is absolutly brillient so far dont feel like im missing anything and the best losses ive had from anydiet , tbh if i can just get down the outer 5.5 pounds in the next two weeks to hit the stone i wouldn't mind loosing the rest 1 or 2 pounds a week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭beer enigma

was down another 3lbs last night , 8.5lbs total in two weeks , i'm finding this plan unbelievable i only had 2 stone i wanted to shift to start with i'm quite fit and not particularly over weight 15st at 6'1 but want a tailored suit for my wedding next year, so in the past i have never managed to lose more then a pound a week there about bout already i'm a 1/4 of the way to my goal inside 14 days :)

Couldn't agree more, I'm very similar to you Walter - I'm 6ft and started at 14'8 wanting to lose 2st - my losses over the first five weeks have been 3.5, 6.5, 2,3 &3 an unbelievable 18 lbs in five weeks ! I can really feel the difference.

Im finding it so key to stick to plan though and not get relaxed about weighing and measuring. It's funny, my wife has been an SW consultant (no pressure !) for two years and as I do most of the cooking at home, have been cooking SW for ages but couldn't shift the extra weight. It was only when I actually joined and started with food diaries that it fell off ! - I'm suffering a lot of 'I told you so' at the moment

Andip wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more, I'm very similar to you Walter - I'm 6ft and started at 14'8 wanting to lose 2st - my losses over the first five weeks have been 3.5, 6.5, 2,3 &3 an unbelievable 18 lbs in five weeks ! I can really feel the difference.

Im finding it so key to stick to plan though and not get relaxed about weighing and measuring. It's funny, my wife has been an SW consultant (no pressure !) for two years and as I do most of the cooking at home, have been cooking SW for ages but couldn't shift the extra weight. It was only when I actually joined and started with food diaries that it fell off ! - I'm suffering a lot of 'I told you so' at the moment

yeh i only went along because the OH was going anyway and i was goin more to keep her company , the plan is awesom tbh it dosnt even feel like a diet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hesh's Umpire

I'm the same as the two gentlemen above. Mrs Umpire has been in SW over a year now. Was partially getting the benefits of her membership at home and lost over 2 stone since July 2015 but piled quite a bit of it back on last May after a fortnight in Portugal.
    Formally joined SW in first week of June and I'm two pounds off my 3 stone award. Lucky enough to have a brilliant enthusiastic consultant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hesh's Umpire

Anyone know the rules around a free week after reaching club 10 award? Is it something to do with losing or maintaining in the following 10 weeks?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Hi all, anyone else doing body magic awards? I have been filling in my fit long online and got to my bronze award today, but the award isn't appearing in my SW app :-/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

Down 2lb this morning. Really pleased. I had two client dinners out this week which were tricky enough but I saved my syns all day for them and made good enough choices it seems (steak/skinless chicken with vegetables). This is my first month at my new group and I must say the consultant is fantastic, can't praise her enough and there's a great vibe in the group.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭cazzer22

I'm at a stone 10.5 pounds and am going for three altogether. Fingers crossed for a good week :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭--homeslice--

Hi all, long time lurker, first time poster!

I have a query regarding SP - I'm trying to do my first SP day today and I have an Arla yogurt (got up north, all the English slimming worlders I follow on instagram rave about them!) that is showing up as 1 syn on the app.

Here's my question - I can only have S and P foods on an SP day (yogurt is neither) but I CAN use syns.. but is it cheating if I have a synned yogurt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Hi all, long time lurker, first time poster!

I have a query regarding SP - I'm trying to do my first SP day today and I have an Arla yogurt (got up north, all the English slimming worlders I follow on instagram rave about them!) that is showing up as 1 syn on the app.

Here's my question - I can only have S and P foods on an SP day (yogurt is neither) but I CAN use syns.. but is it cheating if I have a synned yogurt?

You can't have synned yogurt on SP as all yogurt contains a free food allowance.

However the arla pots are not yogurt, they're quark, so you can have those because quark is a P choice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭cazzer22

cazzer22 wrote: »
    I'm at a stone 10.5 pounds and am going for three altogether. Fingers crossed for a good week :-)

The friggin' same this week. GRRRR. Star week I HATE you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

whats everybodies total loss and how long it took to get there ?

5 stone 2 pounds over 15-16 months
    Currently floating a few pounds above target but happy enough as most of my clothes still fit :P

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement