Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 597 ✭✭✭clfy39tzve8njq

Hi I've been reading this thread for a while but never posted before. Could someone tell me how many sys are in Duneen fat free fruit yogurt from Aldi. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

Just checked on the slimmingworld app for you goldenwonders and all the Duneen Fat Free flavours are listed as free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Hi I've been reading this thread for a while but never posted before. Could someone tell me how many sys are in Duneen fat free fruit yogurt from Aldi. Thanks

Hi there, I just looked them up there, as long as they don't say 'active' in the name they are free!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 597 ✭✭✭clfy39tzve8njq

Thanks very much for the information I didn't think they'd be free because according to the label each tub has two and a half spoons of sugar. But I won't look a gift horse in the mouth. Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Omg I lost 4.5lbs this morning :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Omg I lost 4.5lbs this morning :eek:

Well done!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Sulkin

Hi All,
    I have been silently following here for awhile, but said I would say hello-it's definitely a great support network.
    I started SW in mid August with just over a stone and a half to lose (11st 1lb starting-TW-9st 7lbs), my target was ambitious but thought I may aswel aim for it. In the first 6 weeks I lost 12 pounds so was really delighted, but then my all inclusive holiday came up at the end of September. I had planned this holiday long before I planned joining SW so I didn't want to hold myself back in anyway. Went to WI on Monday in group and was up 5lbs, which funnily enough I was happy with (obviously not ecstatic but given all inclusive and a trip to America, I thought it would be worse)
    I suppose where I am at now is the guilt. I don't want to go cold turkey (and can't really-I have a work night away on Friday) but I feel like I shouldn't be having syns (or certainly reducing them) when I was up so much...how do ye usually approach a gain if/when you have them? I am absolutely sure it won't be my last gain but being new I just want a bit of advice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Sulkin wrote: »
    Hi All,
    I have been silently following here for awhile, but said I would say hello-it's definitely a great support network.
    I started SW in mid August with just over a stone and a half to lose (11st 1lb starting-TW-9st 7lbs), my target was ambitious but thought I may aswel aim for it. In the first 6 weeks I lost 12 pounds so was really delighted, but then my all inclusive holiday came up at the end of September. I had planned this holiday long before I planned joining SW so I didn't want to hold myself back in anyway. Went to WI on Monday in group and was up 5lbs, which funnily enough I was happy with (obviously not ecstatic but given all inclusive and a trip to America, I thought it would be worse)
    I suppose where I am at now is the guilt. I don't want to go cold turkey (and can't really-I have a work night away on Friday) but I feel like I shouldn't be having syns (or certainly reducing them) when I was up so much...how do ye usually approach a gain if/when you have them? I am absolutely sure it won't be my last gain but being new I just want a bit of advice

Hi Sulkin!
    Well done, quite a small gain for what sounds like an indulgent break!
    When I've had gains I've just continued SW as normal - for me that means following the plan to the letter and 12-15 syns daily.
    You've nothing to feel guilty about and no rigid timeframe in which to lose the weight so just get back to basics and try to keep things relatively reined in on the work night away. Maybe you could flexi-syn it - i.e. decide in advance how many extra syns you'll have over the weekend, and stick to it in as much as you can.
    One of the main points I took away from doing SW is that the guilt doesn't help you lose the weight, so drop it and just enjoy the journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭Walter H Price

ONly down two pounds in the last two weeks , 1 pound a week bit dissapointed to be honest i had one night out with a few Gins n slimline tonic but stuck within my syns and the week before and 1 night out last eek in a thi other then that was on plan.

Need to up the game this week doing the 12 weeks to christmans thing and had set a goal of 25 pounds (roughly 2 a week) think im going to do 7/7/7 properly this time without the one day off it , aim for 4lbs and try get back on track

Hey all, I've starting trying out the SW plan as a friend of mine did amazing on it and lost over 2 stone in only a few months recently! I've tried using MFP before and while it worked for me a bit I found it difficult as I'd frequently be hungry. The SW recipes I've tried out so far have all been yummy and filling so I'm happy to try this out!

I've been trying it out just consulting free food/healthy extra lists online to see if I'd like it before committing to joining, but there seems to be a lot of extra details that I'd get by joining? Only thing is I'm trying to do it with my bf who needs to lose a lot more than me, but neither of us would be comfortable going to a group (and I work a lot of evenings so wouldn't be able to make a group every week anyway). I'm considering paying for the online membership but it seems a bit steep...does anyone have an online membership only, and what do they think of it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Smile111

Hey guys, not in slimming world but know it works wonders:)
    Can anyone tell me how to make that stewed apple and oats brekkie. What kind of containers do you use?
    Thanks folks:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭cazzer22

It's amazing how well this plan works and it's the only thing that has ever worked for me! I'm 1 stone 12 pounds down and I've been doing it since mid May! It's so worth it! 😀

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I started on Monday. I've two stone to lose by Christmas (though if I even lose around 16lb by then I will be happy). Hardest thing I think will be giving up the drink. I often thought nothing of putting away a nice bottle of red on a Monday to compensate for it being Monday! I don't even want to think of how many syns that is! I'm veggie which means many of the meals are not for me. I often sub in red lentils and chickpeas but don't know if these are considered high?

Also, my favourite "weight loss" lunch is two pittas (wholemeal, toasted) with low fat humous and chopped up cherry tomatoes. Would this be high? I know humous has olive oil in it.

Appreciate any info!

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I started on Monday. I've two stone to lose by Christmas (though if I even lose around 16lb by then I will be happy). Hardest thing I think will be giving up the drink. I often thought nothing of putting away a nice bottle of red on a Monday to compensate for it being Monday! I don't even want to think of how many syns that is! I'm veggie which means many of the meals are not for me. I often sub in red lentils and chickpeas but don't know if these are considered high?

Also, my favourite "weight loss" lunch is two pittas (wholemeal, toasted) with low fat humous and chopped up cherry tomatoes. Would this be high? I know humous has olive oil in it.

Appreciate any info!
    I'm a veggie too, only started last week. I also love hummus but yeah the oil content makes store bought ones high syn. I made my own hummus though following the SW recipe and it was really nice; just blend a roasted pepper, a can of chickpeas, garlic and lemon juice! You can make whatever variations you want, I didn't miss the oil!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I'm a veggie too, only started last week. I also love hummus but yeah the oil content makes store bought ones high syn. I made my own hummus though following the SW recipe and it was really nice; just blend a roasted pepper, a can of chickpeas, garlic and lemon juice! You can make whatever variations you want, I didn't miss the oil!

Oh that sounds great, thanks! Is it free then? It'd be so handy to have it in the fridge with veggie batons like celery and carrots, for healthy snacking too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Sparkles27

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Oh that sounds great, thanks! Is it free then? It'd be so handy to have it in the fridge with veggie batons like celery and carrots, for healthy snacking too :)

That hummus recipe is free OldNotWise. Have you looked on the website, they have loads of vegetarian recipes https://group.slimmingworld.co.uk/recipes/vegetarian-recipes.aspx
    Best of luck with it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭Walter H Price

Weigh in tonite done 777 and stuck to it to try get back on track after the last two weeks hoping for 3lbs gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Do you want to put up what you're planning to eat for your days meals and see if you're on the right track?

• Advertisement

You can still have Frosties, 25g is 4.5 syns, you could use the milk then as your healthy extra a. You don't want to feel like you are completely depriving yourself or you stick to it.
    Make sure you keep a food diary and be 100% honest on it, if you are going wrong anywhere your consultant will let you know. It's really important to stay for group too cos you pick up great tips and you really get a proper feel of the plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

My wife joined slimming world about two months ago, and since she has, I have had one wok, and two frying pan's that are now covered in a black, sticky gunk, which I'm putting down to the fry lite spray.

Is this a common problem?

Anyone any remedies?

I'm not ruining any more of my good pan's, that's for sure:mad:

My wife joined slimming world about two months ago, and since she has, I have had one wok, and two frying pan's that are now covered in a black, sticky gunk, which I'm putting down to the fry lite spray.

Is this a common problem?

Anyone any remedies?

I'm not ruining any more of my good pan's, that's for sure:mad:
    I've been using Frylight for months and have had no such problems.

Yeah you really do need to measure Frosties etc. so you know where you're at. Most treats don't have to be measured, like I usually use my syns on chocolate so I know the syns per bar.
    You need your book a lot at the start to get to grips with the healthy extras. As an example my healthy a is usually either 40g of low low cheese or 250ml of semi skimmed milk. My healthy b is almost always 2 slices of Brennan's Be Good Wholemeal bread. It is important to have your healthy extras as they are your sources of calcium and fibre.
    It does take a while to get your head around the plan fully but feel free to ask in here and we'll help as best we can :)

I got confused with the 400g loaf thing and have been using 2x slices of the small McCambridges bread loads as my HexB, is this ok?

I got confused with the 400g loaf thing and have been using 2x slices of the small McCambridges bread loads as my HexB, is this ok?

I don't think McCambridge can be used as a HexB at all :(

Sparkles27 wrote: »
    I don't think McCambridge can be used as a HexB at all :(
    Oh no :( it was the only 400g wholemeal loaf I could find, I assumed that's what was meant!

Oh no :( it was the only 400g wholemeal loaf I could find, I assumed that's what was meant!

I think McCambridge is 3.5 syns per slice. Have a look out for the Brennan's Be Good Wholemeal, 2 slices is HexB. You can get it in Dunnes, Tesco, etc. Do you use the app, it's very handy for looking up syn values.

• Advertisement

Sparkles27 wrote: »
    I think McCambridge is 3.5 syns per slice. Have a look out for the Brennan's Be Good Wholemeal, 2 slices is HexB. You can get it in Dunnes, Tesco, etc. Do you use the app, it's very handy for looking up syn values.
    I do most of my shopping in Lidl , anyone know what bread I can buy there?

No I'm not in a group, I work most evenings so can't make it! Have the books at home though!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement