Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I never tried it myself but would you think of asking your consultant for an SOS log or SAS log, I can't remember the term, but basically it's an exercise for someone who feels they are self-sabotaging - a few people in my group have had amazing success getting out of a rut. I suppose it's an exercise in mindfullness really, reminding yourself why you're doing SW and tackling emotional eating etc.
    It might help?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

First week and 2lb down, currently at 11st and aiming for 9 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Got a takeaway last night. Although in my defence it's two days til payday, parents are feeding me and a takeaway was the only dinner on offer! I opted for boiled instead of fried rice, no chips and got mixed veg in black bean sauce. I have no idea how many syns that would be but Mam heard in her class that black bean dishes were the lowest. Hope it doesn't reflect in my weigh in. I'm going for a brisk lunchtime walk today to try to offset!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭Walter H Price

Have a bad feeling about this week , don't think i've done anything majorly wrong no takeaways or meals out and only 1 gin and slimline tonic all week. But i've been sick all week , not cooking as much and not getting enough speed in , not feeling it for the weigh in tomorrow night

Well done Sashafierce!
    Measure yourself all over if you haven't done so already so you can make a note of inch loss as well as weight loss, it's a great motivator!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Got a takeaway last night. Although in my defence it's two days til payday, parents are feeding me and a takeaway was the only dinner on offer! I opted for boiled instead of fried rice, no chips and got mixed veg in black bean sauce. I have no idea how many syns that would be but Mam heard in her class that black bean dishes were the lowest. Hope it doesn't reflect in my weigh in. I'm going for a brisk lunchtime walk today to try to offset!

You made a perfect choice oldnotwise, it works out at around 7/7.5 syns so not bad at all. It's what I always get if we get a Chinese and yummy too (I ask for it to be extra spicy!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

m'lady wrote: »
    You made a perfect choice oldnotwise, it works out at around 7/7.5 syns so not bad at all. It's what I always get if we get a Chinese and yummy too (I ask for it to be extra spicy!).

Good to know, thanks! Yes there were definitely chillies in there but it was delicious :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I lost 2.5lbs, got my next loss award, got slimmer of the month :eek: and won the raffle so get a free class next week!

My consultant and weigh lady both dived on me to hug me when I got my award :pac:

totally got away with it , down 2 and got the stone award phewwwwwwwwwww

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Just wondering does your online profile automatically update after you weigh in at group or do you have to enter it manually? I'm not near a comp and find it tricky to navigate on my phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hesh's Umpire

Scraggs wrote: »
    Just wondering does your online profile automatically update after you weigh in at group or do you have to enter it manually? I'm not near a comp and find it tricky to navigate on my phone.

As far as I know you have to enter it yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭tk123

As far as I know you have to enter it yourself.

Yeah you do! Makes no sense to me - surely it should sync up to SW online in this day and age?!

It was my first weigh in and I'm still getting into the swing of things so I thought i was just being thick... very silly it doesn't sync!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Can anyone confirm or deny for me that syns are a no-no now? Just been told that they're getting rid of syns from the plan. I've given up staying for class because my consultant isn't very good so I've heard different stories. Surely they can't get rid of one of the three main steps of slimming world?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

Wellyd wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm or deny for me that syns are a no-no now? Just been told that they're getting rid of syns from the plan. I've given up staying for class because my consultant isn't very good so I've heard different stories. Surely they can't get rid of one of the three main steps of slimming world?
    No it's flexible syns that are going...not getting our update till next week so don't know any more than that..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

jluv wrote: »
    No it's flexible syns that are going...not getting our update till next week so don't know any more than that..

Thanks for that I knew the people who told me had to be mistaken somehow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Have been really off plan lately and feeling miserable for it, yet can't seem to get myself back on track. I've been so busy at work so doing a lot of picking at chocolates and rubbish throughout the day. Then there was Halloween, still have bags of chocolates and sweets in the house I keep picking at. It's like I know I'm going way over my syns but at the time I don't seem to care but then I feel so guilty and down afterwards :( I just need to re-motivate myself somehow to get 100% back on plan. Just finding it hard :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Sulkin

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    Have been really off plan lately and feeling miserable for it, yet can't seem to get myself back on track. I've been so busy at work so doing a lot of picking at chocolates and rubbish throughout the day. Then there was Halloween, still have bags of chocolates and sweets in the house I keep picking at. It's like I know I'm going way over my syns but at the time I don't seem to care but then I feel so guilty and down afterwards :( I just need to re-motivate myself somehow to get 100% back on plan. Just finding it hard :(

I have been the exact same as you the past two weeks.missed weigh in last week over being knee deep in a Chinese after thr bank holiday😣 sat out with great ibtentions to rectify damage from Tuesday but bad followed good and I cleared the house of any resemblance of chocolate! 😓 I'm annoyed because I had made a Christmas wish in group and I'm the one only whose hampering myself achieving it

But tomorrow I'm back to group, slate clean and taking it a day at a time...no matter what the scales read

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

jluv wrote: »

ah no.:eek: that what I loved about slimming world and kept me going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

They didn't mention anything about that at group tonight!

Mollyd90 wrote: »
    ah no.:eek: that what I loved about slimming world and kept me going.

I say if it works for you, keep doing it! Whatever keeps you on the straight and narrow ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭Greenduck

How many times is healthy to join slimming world? I must be on number 7 at this stage. Anyways I am getting married next year so need something to kick me in the as$.

Used to find the food diary on boards really helpful so I've set up a Instagram page to keep myself accountable! There is so many people doing the same! Anyways first weigh in on Wednesday and I am NOT looking forward to it.

Onwards and downwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭--homeslice--

Greenduck wrote: »
    How many times is healthy to join slimming world? I must be on number 7 at this stage. Anyways I am getting married next year so need something to kick me in the as$.

Used to find the food diary on boards really helpful so I've set up a Instagram page to keep myself accountable! There is so many people doing the same! Anyways first weigh in on Wednesday and I am NOT looking forward to it.

Onwards and downwards!

I'm the exact same as you! I've joined Slimming World about 6 times, I did so well the first time about 3 years ago, lost 1.5stone and it was amazing! then I got cocky and got into the mindset of "I know what I'm doing, I don't need slimming world"... and then I put on all of the weight again!!!:rolleyes:

I'm 23 weeks back in and 8lbs down! I'm taking the pi$$, still have another stone until target and it's just so annoying because life gets in the way.. or I'm just letting it get in the way!

I'm on the instagram bandwagon too, posting everything that passes my lips (even the bad stuff) and it really helps as a virtual food diary! Would definitely recommend people to do it, you get so many tips and tricks from people! loads of great sw insta accounts out there and some UNREAL losses to keep you motivated!

Up 4 and have no idea why. My consultant wasn't very helpful either so I'm feeling very disheartened. Going to read back through this thread as I've found some of the success stories very motivational.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Spring Chick

Hi all, I'm 1lb away from getting my 1 stone award and want to try really hard this week to make sure I get it at next weigh in. I was thinking of trying SP for 1/2 days to try and boost my weightloss, I've never tried it before so was wondering if anyone had any tips for SP and if it has worked for them before?

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Forgot to post last week :pac:

1lb down last week, 1.5lbs down tonight.

Actually got called out to give advice to a few members who were struggling, because I'd been up and down for months until recently, so that was a nice feeling.

4lbs to my next stone award, 5lbs to my Christmas target :)

• Advertisement

Up my first pound after 7 weeks of strait losses , seriously p1ssed off about it it , losses haven't been great the last 4 weeks 1lb twice and a 1/2 lb last week.

Going back hard at it for the next 3 weeks I've a trip to Birmingham the 10th of December if I'm not down another half stone by then i'm not going.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement