Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭Walter H Price

4 and a 1/2 gone this week 1.5lbs of my next half stone and only 3.5lbs of my club 10 now hoping for back to back awards for the next two weeks and well on course for two stone gone the right side of xmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 883 ✭✭✭_Godot_

I joined slimming world on thursday and yesterday started off good, with me having porridge and fruit. But then I had to go visit my dad in hospital and get a scan of my own legs and come home to a cold house with somebody else already using the kitchen, so I ordered in food from supermacs. :(

I just have to try again today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭cazzer22

I'm 2 stone 1 pound down at the moment and going for three stone. I am finding I've hit a bit of a block and just got my wisdom teeth out so I'm tempted to eat lots of unhealthy stuff. I haven't caved and am really trying to stay on plan as I maintained last week. I've got lots of muller lights at the ready, fat free frozen yogurt and the only thing is I'm not having much speed because I can't quite eat solid food yet so crunchy fruit and veg are out. It's really tough but it's worth it, I've so much more confidence in myself and how I look and I feel miles healthier so I'm gonna keep going until Wednesday when we next weigh in is :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭tk123

cazzer22 wrote: »
    I'm 2 stone 1 pound down at the moment and going for three stone. I am finding I've hit a bit of a block and just got my wisdom teeth out so I'm tempted to eat lots of unhealthy stuff. I haven't caved and am really trying to stay on plan as I maintained last week. I've got lots of muller lights at the ready, fat free frozen yogurt and the only thing is I'm not having much speed because I can't quite eat solid food yet so crunchy fruit and veg are out. It's really tough but it's worth it, I've so much more confidence in myself and how I look and I feel miles healthier so I'm gonna keep going until Wednesday when we next weigh in is :-)

How about stuff like scrambled eggs, soup made with lots of speed veg or mashed/baked potato? You could always blend stuff up with a hand blender - my mum did that a few weeks ago when she had a few teeth out in prep for getting a partial denture.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

I was doing so well for a long time. Down 1st 3lbs. Last few weeks have just maintained (was up 1/2 lb one week). I know I'm not sticking to plan but I keep picking at the biscuits and chocolate in work. I have no self-control!! I know it's bad for me, I know I shouldn't but I do it anyway and then feel so guilty after! Help!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    I was doing so well for a long time. Down 1st 3lbs. Last few weeks have just maintained (was up 1/2 lb one week). I know I'm not sticking to plan but I keep picking at the biscuits and chocolate in work. I have no self-control!! I know it's bad for me, I know I shouldn't but I do it anyway and then feel so guilty after! Help!

Maybe change things up, use your healthy B choice on a couple of hifi light bars with your tea break?
    Haven't done it yet this year but my saviour in work last year when it got cold was a flask of soup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭cazzer22

tk123 wrote: »
    How about stuff like scrambled eggs, soup made with lots of speed veg or mashed/baked potato? You could always blend stuff up with a hand blender - my mum did that a few weeks ago when she had a few teeth out in prep for getting a partial denture.

Thanks for that. Will try :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

Down 3 kg this week! Massive drop but I think it's because I gained a little & maintained the previous 2 weeks, due to cheating a bit and hormonal changes, so some of that loss is probably water/bloating and overdue from the previous weeks. Still, delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭Walter H Price

Going to church tonight on Mary street , to celebrate 1 year engaged ... was wondering would anyone know how bad a beef in Guinness pie would be ? the beef is lean its full of free veg i know the sauce wont be great and it has some puff pastry on top no idea how many grams though :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 maybebabie

Hi everyone, I've been following your thread for a couple of months :-D just lurking, reading, but not posting. I'm doing SW since the 3rd May this year, and I've lost 4 stone 1 lb so far. My first weigh-in after joining up, was where I "only" lost 2 lb, and I was absolutely fuming, i was raging! I thought it was a crap diet plan, and my hubby had to persuade me to keep going, trust it, and to return the following week for weigh-in. And I lost 6 lbs the following week, and got my half stone award. I'm so delighted that I stuck with it! This Christmas I'll be happy in my own skin for a change, and won't mind being in the family photos, without saying "Ewww" if I catch sight of myself. I've gone from 18st 4lbs to 14st 3lbs so far, and a size 24 to a size 16. My target is to lost 7 stone total, to be at 11 st 4 lbs. My weigh-in is tomorrow morning. I put up 2.5 lbs last week, like someone else said in a previous post, I got a bit cocky getting to the 4 stone lost , and ate a bit too much pasta and bread which doesn't suit me. I can eat a bit every few days, but I'll put weight on if I eat bread and pasta every day. So I really watched it this week, and I focused more on getting speed food and water in, so I'll see what tomorrow brings me on the scales :) Fingers crossed I've obliterated the gain of last week.

Going to church tonight on Mary street , to celebrate 1 year engaged ... was wondering would anyone know how bad a beef in Guinness pie would be ? the beef is lean its full of free veg i know the sauce wont be great and it has some puff pastry on top no idea how many grams though :P

I think you shocked everyone with your beef and guinness pie and nobody has come back since Walter! hahaha did you ever find out the approx syn value? I'm curious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Rosie Gold

I started Slimming World three weeks ago and I've lost 7 pounds to date. I had a great first week, second week ok and then this week poor with only half a pound lost. I have baby weight to lose too. I'm 11'4 now and I'm trying to get down to 10 for my wedding in July. The funny thing is is that I actually have been better the last two weeks and the weight has been slower to come off. Kinda baffling but I still like the programme.

Rosie Gold wrote:
    I started Slimming World three weeks ago and I've lost 7 pounds to date. I had a great first week, second week ok and then this week poor with only half a pound lost. I have baby weight to lose too. I'm 11'4 now and I'm trying to get down to 10 for my wedding in July. The funny thing is is that I actually have been better the last two weeks and the weight has been slower to come off. Kinda baffling but I still like the programme.

What do you mean when you say you've been better the last two weeks? Make sure you're not restricting yourself too much (i.e consciously using no or very few syns, or letting yourself go hungry) or you could see your weight loss suffer.
    Also bear in mind that you're quite close to your target so a loss of half a pound a week is normal and brilliant and more sustainable in the long run than big losses every week!

I rejoined yesterday after finding my weight had crept up over the past couple of months - I find it difficult to stick to plan when I'm cold, and to be honest as long as my size 10 jeans were comfy I was happy to sneak the odd extra biscuit or piece of chocolate or slather of almond butter here and there. Well it all added up and now the jeans are getting tight so I'm back on plan 100% and back to group for the motivation. I'm over a stone above my target now so I'll be doing my best to get back to target range. I felt it was important to go back before Christmas because the routine is so motivating. This will be my third SW Christmas and I know even if I go a bit overboard a couple of days over that time I will keep it all under better control knowing I'm working towards that ultimate goal :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

It sounds like you're doing great Fizz - you've found a balance that works for you longterm, and you know how to pull it back before things spiral out of control. Very sustainable.
    I've my first weigh-in tomorrow after rejoining last week and my jeans already feel more comfortable, no idea whether I've lost weight but it's good to feel like I have things back on track. Fingers crossed for a loss anyway!
    Those mint hifi bars are lovely with a coffee, will be stocking up tomorrow. I find it easier to have a hifi bar or two than x number of squares of chocolate, because it's counted. Less temptation to keep on munching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

I record everything to be honest, even the days when I'm not on plan. I do love writing/journaling in general though so its another excuse for me to write. I've been finding it hard to incorporate more "whole foods" into my diet whilst keeping my syns in check. e.g. using coconut oil, nut butters, different fruits etc. I set a new target a few months back and I reached it a few weeks ago but I've been see-sawing the with the same 2lb since the middle of November. I recently found the Fopperholic blog, anyone else find her stuff useful? One thing I've loved is the wheat bran cake, a really useful alternate to regular HExB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

I dont track everything I eat other than syns. I follow the plan but dont use a food diary. Might not work for everyone but it works for me. having to weight everything and write down everything is too much effort for me and I wouldnt keep up a plan like that for long. I weight and measure syns and Healthy extras alright. I dont meal plan in advance really either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

I record everything to be honest, even the days when I'm not on plan. I do love writing/journaling in general though so its another excuse for me to write. I've been finding it hard to incorporate more "whole foods" into my diet whilst keeping my syns in check. e.g. using coconut oil, nut butters, different fruits etc. I set a new target a few months back and I reached it a few weeks ago but I've been see-sawing the with the same 2lb since the middle of November. I recently found the Fopperholic blog, anyone else find her stuff useful? One thing I've loved is the wheat bran cake, a really useful alternate to regular HExB.

Im trying to incorporate healthy fats and foods that have to be synned too.
    I need to sit down and come up with a plan for myself. was thinking of keeping 3-5 syns a day to use on these types of foods, like another healthly extra. I think it is a bit of a flaw in the plan that dont have Healthy extra for good fats.

I'll have a look at that blog. thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

I very rarely write stuff down either FizzleSticks, but I have to say when I do, I think I lose more weight because I feel more accountable. That said, I'd say I've done it about two weeks out of 12, if that. :D

Got my one stone award tonight, slow going but I feel like it's gonna be more sustainable this way - hopefully!

• Advertisement

I lost 2.5 pounds my first week back on plan.
    I'm not sure how I feel about that!
    In a sense I was disappointed because I felt I was 100% on plan and therefore 'deserved' a massive weight loss, but being realistic I know it took months for it to creep up, im getting over a nasty sinus infection and also my lunches during the week were verging on snacks really, so I need to address that. Ugh.
    Also, 2.5 pounds down, yay!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

I missed class this week because I was away in Amsterdam for the long weekend. I ate like food was going out of fashion (not a lot just the wrong foods) and also drank a lot. I'm nervous about going to class this Monday and I don't want to be up the stone I lost :(

I've been to Amsterdam twice this year and both times expected to be up, too much nice food over there!, and twice I actually lost! I didn't understand why, until I thought about it, and realised that I did a lot of walking over there.. maybe you could be lucky?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

I thought that myself but with the cold weather I barely broke a sweat while there. I'm going to face it on Monday but I'm afraid I will have ruined all my hard work and if I do I will find it hard to continue starting all over again

Do yourself one favour and don't put it off, go on Monday and if you have a gain then move on and get back on track, otherwise you will end up putting on more weight between now and whenever you join back.
    Fill up on speed and water between now and Monday, you might be very surprised!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Mazda123

I expect to be up, its by how much I am up that's worrying me! I dunno if I can face being up a lot its taken a lot of work to get a stone down!

Also I don't feel like I lost a stone, anyone else like this? Like my clothes fit the same!

My advice is to weigh in on Monday, it might not be as bad as you think and it gives you two weeks to be back on track before Christmas. Going on holidays is a part of life, sometimes it's what we do when we get home that does the damage. Stick with it you're doing great. As for not feeling like you lost a stone, I was the same when I started. It took me until I had lost about 20lbs to notice a difference and for others to notice too. I joined last march and have lost 2 stone 11lbs (39lbs) and am a target member since September. I've gone from a size 16 to a size 12. The plan is great but we have to live as well, we will face blips along the way but the important thing is to get back on track straight away and the rewards will come. Best of luck and keep up the hard work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Rosie Gold

I was 1.5 pound down on Wednesday, I was convinced I had gained a lot because I was lax about the food plan and I didn't exercise too many times last week but it's nice to have a loss. I'm going to the weigh in again on Wednesday and I'll take two weeks off after, with my birthday and Christmas I won't be too good so best not to put too much pressure on myself.

I have two jobs interviews in the space of a week so I'm comfort eating a lot at the moment. I'm hoping I'll come back in January with gusto and the same motivation I had when I started. A one stone loss early next year and I'll be at my target.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Hi everyone. I'm already planning my post Christmas diet so I was thinking I'll give Slimming World a shot. The thing is I can't get to meetings, I was thinking about buying the books on eBay and going from there and doing it at home. There seems to be a starter pack for sale that has 6 small books in it.
    Would that be enough for me to get my head around it and get to grips with it? Do you need to buy the food guide tolo? Is it worth it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement