Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

Totally dependent on your body type. When I was between 13st and 12st I wore the same pairs of size 14 jeans. It actually took me about 4 stone of a loss to see real radical downsizing in my clothes to be honest. In contrast, a lady in my first group dropped loads of sizes with a 2 stone loss. I remember reading before that you need to lose 10lb to see a change in clothes size. That never really rang true for me though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Hi all. I am looking for a recipe book for a Christmas gift. Are there any good books you all use that can be purchased in Eason's or could anyone recommend a recipe book that Eason's sell. I was looking at this one but not sure if it will fit the slimming world syn thing the sister is always going on about. Or this. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I'm feeling a bit disheartened as i'm down 1 stone 2 pounds and my clothes fit the very same. Am I doing something wrong? Was hoping to fit into a smaller pair by xmas :(

Have you actually tried new clothes on in a smaller size? My clothes that I bought two months ago fit the same (16 tops, 18 jeans, 16 dresses), but I chanced my arm trying a size 14 dress yesterday and it fits!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Bellabella123

The Slimming World Christmas Feast Recipe book is so nice and would be lovely to receive. It's 7.95 I think.

The Slimming World Christmas Feast Recipe book is so nice and would be lovely to receive. It's 7.95 I think.

Thanks. I'd be looking for something for everyday use. Is that available in Eason's? Will be in town tomorrow will take a look.

Are there any non Slimming world books that would follow the ethos of slimming world?

Thanks. I'd be looking for something for everyday use. Is that available in Eason's? Will be in town tomorrow will take a look.

Are there any non Slimming world books that would follow the ethos of slimming world?

Most low fat/ low sugar type recipes, or those that use lots of vegetables should work ok. Recipes can usually be adapted too by swapping oil for frylight etc. I bought my friend on SW a vegetarian cook book because she recently became veggie and am hoping most of the recipes will be SW friendly!

I was seriously thinking of not weighing in yesterday, as I'd had a bitty week, neither on plan nor off plan, but I help out on social team so didn't want to let them down
    . Thank God I made myself get in the scales and I'd lust 2 pounds. I was sop chuffed😀❤️. I'm really trying to lose another 4.5 lbs by the end of the year!! I know it sounds crazy and I'll most likely eat my words, but if I have a plan in place then I might even maintain ... and even that would be a miracle!!

Best of luck and Happy Christmas to all my fellow dieters, may we hopefully miraculously lose, pleasantly maintain or gracefully gain no more than we last lost at out pre Christmas week weigh in, Please Please God 😇ðŸ™ðŸ»

• Advertisement

Hi, are you a group or an online member! If you were you could get and pay for a variety of books every eeek. Or if you have a friend she could photocopy the relevant pages for you?

Oh I'd also be interested in this actually a slimming world cook book would be great

I think you can only buy SW books at the groups they cost 7.95. Maybe you k ow someone in a group? You could always Google it and see if hey sell their books etc o line? Good luck 😉

Two nights out on the p!ss, but I lost 4.5lbs tonight :eek:

Got my next stone award, slimmer of the week, in a new stone number and achieved my Christmas bauble target :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Rosie Gold

Two nights out on the p!ss, but I lost 4.5lbs tonight :eek:

Got my next stone award, slimmer of the week, in a new stone number and achieved my Christmas bauble target :)

Go you, they're great achievements! I'm taking two weeks off over Christmas but now I'm thinking I should have went this week. My clothes are feeling a little too cosy already. Just hope I won't have undone all the good work come January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Well I've put back up the 2.5 pounds I lost 2 weeks ago! No mince pie should feel safe in my presence at the moment, I'm an awful hound. Trying to fill up on veg at mealtimes to curb the appetite some bit but the little voice in my head is going 'sure what harm, it's nearly Christmas' and it's hard not to go along with it!
    Highly recommend the Slimming World recipes for mince tarts (3.5 syns each) and Christmas Pudding (7 syns per big slice) if anyone is looking for syn-controlled goodies, by the way.

That's great you lost weight even after being out a couple of times. Shows you made the right choices and were sensible while you were out, but also that you must have been really good for the other days you weren't out! Good for you! I weigh in tomorrow, been good apart from today at lunch which I had out in town, I'd love be to maintain as that would keep me mentally on track coming into Christmas, but Im going to go anyway and hope for the best!

Jamie Oliver - Everyday super food and a gift receipt. Hope its well received. Thanks Ladies.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Mazda123

Weighed in yesterday and was down 1lb after a shaky weekend (was sure I'd be up). I'm a half pound below lower end of target so need to be up a half pound next week to get back into my target range....I'm sure I'll have no problem putting it on. It's a great feeling being at target, I'm going to enjoy Christmas (not too much) and get back on track after. I just want to wish everyone a very happy Christmas and May all your slimming world dreams come true in 2017

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭beer enigma

I needed to lose 1lb to hit my target & with it being Christmas week was sure I'd miss it, but weighed in this morning & down 3.5lbs ! not quite sure how that happened but delighted - just better choices I guess.

Room for a couple of extra mince pies now :)

Happy Christmas all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Rosie Gold

I had mince pies for breakfast...Oops not the best start (or THE best start) to the Christmas weekend!

Celebration chocolates for breakfast, lunch and tea here! I knew I wouldn't be good over Christmas so won't be beating myself up over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

snap!

a mince pie and a full fat latte :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Rosie Gold wrote: »
    Celebration chocolates for breakfast, lunch and tea here! I knew I wouldn't be good over Christmas so won't be beating myself up over it.

This is it! Life happens so why deprive yourself lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Anyone else just not counting syns this week??

Kauto0709 wrote:
    Anyone else just not counting syns this week??

I can't count up that high

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

I'm still counting because I'm crazy like that. Wednesday 46 syns, Thursday 18, Friday 58!!!!! :o

• Advertisement

Been good so far. Family party this afternoon/evening, but I'm gonna stay off the drink and eat before I go. Christmas dinner tomorrow will be 2 syns, because my dad is also in SW and is doing the cooking.

Visiting the boyfriend's mammy tomorrow evening too but I'll just have the one glass of wine. I'll probably have about 35 syns tomorrow, and cut back the rest of the week because I really want to come back after Christmas with a loss!

Thankfully I don't like pudding, Christmas cake, mince pies, ice cream, stuffing or chocolate :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement