Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hesh's Umpire

tk123 wrote: »

Yep you can have the full 15! :)

Or 25 if you're male. So my consultant says. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

The two slices of brown bread you can have.....does it have to be diet bread or will a normal packet do.

tk123 wrote: »
    Yeah I agree! I stopped using frylight because it was wrecking everything and mullers too because they're so sugary and just didn't agree with me. That 1syn for real oil on my chips is worth it :pac: Breakfast most days for me is officially a tweak - quinoa porridge but eating a sandwich made form 2" thick slices of boxty is perfectly ok so I'll enjoy my quinoa :rolleyes:

I actually don't mind frylight coz I find it convenient for getting an even coating on things but yeah I agree. The whole 'fat is evil' concept that some people seem to have on SW is very outdated! Ditto with using whole grains, seeds etc.

eviltwin wrote: »
    The two slices of brown bread you can have.....does it have to be diet bread or will a normal packet do.

It's 60g of any wholemeal bread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

I thought it was just a quarter or third of a plate of pasta and rice was allowed? Isn't that what food optimisng is on the SW plan?

It's 2/3 free food 1/3 speed. So that's 2/3s of meat, fish, rice or pasta etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Mazda123

Kids back to school today, the routine will be good and easier for me to stick to plan. Was so tempted to get a takeaway at the weekend...but I didn't. I made fakeaway meals instead. Friday night I did taco fries and Saturday night I did sw burger and chips, they were delicious. So proud of myself!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Any recommendations for Hex B bread or similar for sandwiches for lunch, preferably from Aldi or Lidl.

I'm looking for a bit of advice.

I am stuck with lunch ideas for work at the moment, we don't have anywhere I can cook so I'm limited in my choices.

I use my Hex A and B at breakfast. If I have one of those low fat wraps and fill it will free foods how many syns would the wrap cost me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Any recommendations for Hex B bread or similar for sandwiches for lunch, preferably from Aldi or Lidl.

400g wholemeal bread from Lidl. It's a brown packet. 2 slices is a hexb.

They have a brown, and blue packaged breads usually mixed together. The brown one is the one to go for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

If I don't have access to a fridge I put a frozen ice pack in to my lunch bag. My regular lunches would be left over curry, bolognaise, homemade baked beans etc served with cous cous, pasta, rice, bulgar wheat etc and some extra speed veg on the side like peppers or courgettes. Today I had no access to a microwave so I had a salad made up of lettuce, tomatoes, peppers, melon and a small tin of chickpeas. I dressed that with a teaspoon of sweet chilli sauce and a teaspoon of cider vinegar. I had a small tub of prepped cous cous that I took a few cold spoons from too.

If I fancy a sandwich I have a slimster or 2 slices of Brennan's Be Good for 6 syns and then fill it with chickpeas or homemade falafel and then regular speed salad vegetables. I find sandwiches quite poor for filling though.

Along with the main part of my lunch I'll usually have a free yoghurt or fromage frais with some speed fruit, usually an apple or melon and orange and if I fancy it a HiFi bar or some homemade treat.

I don't think there is much way around prepping as much as possible to stay on plan for SW. I work in town and have a hectic schedule so before I would frequently use delis and restaurants for lunch. Now I just don't see it as an option. I either bring my own lunch or assemble something on-plan from Lidl or Tesco.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Winnie21

Hi there. I'm new to this thread. Am going to join SW tomorrow evening. How do you find it all? I am a size 12-14 at the moment and would like to get down to a comfortable size 10. Should I expect to lose weight every week if I follow SW properly? Also did you all just pay as you go or sign up to a 6 or 12 week block of classes? Thanks.

Winnie21 wrote: »
    Hi there. I'm new to this thread. Am going to join SW tomorrow evening. How do you find it all? I am a size 12-14 at the moment and would like to get down to a comfortable size 10. Should I expect to lose weight every week if I follow SW properly? Also did you all just pay as you go or sign up to a 6 or 12 week block of classes? Thanks.

You can do either pay weekly or but blocks of weeks in advance.

If you follow it, it will work - pretty much guaranteed! Good luck!

Do you find it easy to hard to stick to? Does it feel like a big sacrifice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

I joined slimming world slightly over 1.5 years ago, I reached my target after about 8 months having lost 3 stone. I've managed to maintain it and can honestly say I have never felt deprived or that it was a big sacrifice.

For me it's well worth it, I wear a size 10 now, I was a 16-18, so when I'm chopping or preparing my dinner I may sometimes think 'for feck sake so much effort' but then I look down at my skinny jeans!
    Yes you need to plan your meals, and do a bit of chopping etc, but that's where batch cooking can help!

m'lady wrote: »
    I joined slimming world slightly over 1.5 years ago, I reached my target after about 8 months having lost 3 stone. I've managed to maintain it and can honestly say I have never felt deprived or that it was a big sacrifice.

For me it's well worth it, I wear a size 10 now, I was a 16-18, so when I'm chopping or preparing my dinner I may sometimes think 'for feck sake so much effort' but then I look down at my skinny jeans!
    Yes you need to plan your meals, and do a bit of chopping etc, but that's where batch cooking can help!

It can be hard to face preparing meals when you're tired or busy but having stuff in the house you can make quickly or take out of the freezer helps. I've really been enjoying preparing and cooking proper meals though, it's quite therapeutic!

I know they'll probably go through this tomorrow at the meeting but can anyone tell me what your target should be? As in, does it just have to be within a healthy BMI range or what should it be your dream weight or what should it be? thanks

I started last Wednesday. I've eaten loads and don't feel like I'm on a diet. My first weigh in is tomorrow so I've no idea what loss I've got but already clothes are fitting better.

also can I ask what would be good items to have in for breakfast/snacks for Thursday morning? As I will attend my first meeting tomorrow eve and want to start it first thing Thu but won't have time to do a shop until later in the day.

I know they'll probably go through this tomorrow at the meeting but can anyone tell me what your target should be? As in, does it just have to be within a healthy BMI range or what should it be your dream weight or what should it be? thanks

No idea as I don't go to group but I'm sure they wouldn't let you set a target that would be below a healthy BMI. I'd say go for what you think would be a good/attainable weight for you and you can reassess when you reach it if you want to lose more.

• Advertisement

also can I ask what would be good items to have in for breakfast/snacks for Thursday morning? As I will attend my first meeting tomorrow eve and want to start it first thing Thu but won't have time to do a shop until later in the day.

Porridge oats, fruit, fat free yogurt, eggs... What do you normally have for breakfast?

Eggs are always good. Rashers with the fat trimmed off if you like them. Tins of beans.
    Porridge, bran flakes, weetabix.
    Fat free yogurts and of course loads of types of fruit.

Have bad PMS today, low mood and just want to snuggle up and eat my weight in chocolate :( find these days the hardest!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

whats a good creamy sauce for pasta and chicken ? like a Cajun sauce

something that doesn't seem to have millions of ingredients as always

cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭spur

Your target can be whatever you want it to be - well you can't go into underweight BMI territory.
    People do it different ways.
    I actually haven't set a target, I have a target in my head but want to see how I go and then decide. I know other people in my group have done the same.
    You can set your final target as you feel it is today and work towards that and if you do that, then I would set it at your dream weight - why not!

What a lot of people in my group do is set an interim target and then review. So maybe decide to lose 2 stone and see how they feel then. You can change it at any time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭spur

Eggs, beans, tomatoes, porridge, fruit are all good things to have with you and will get you past the first morning.
    This morning I had a hardboiled egg with tomatoes, spring onion, lettuce, cheese and put this into a wrap. If I have time to cook I'd make an omelette with onions, peppers, tomatoes and sometimes I'd pop some potato in as well. I'd then have that with baked beans. I don't eat bacon or mushrooms but lots of people would add these as well.
    Porridge is a lifesaver and so quick to make. I'm just having a break from it for a few weeks.
    For snacks I'd have apples, oranges, banana, grapes, kiwi etc. Sometimes a yoghurt as well. I know others would have chopped carrots, cucumber etc and munch on that.
    For lunch I usually have soup or last night's leftovers. For your first day without a shop done what might work for you is baked (microwaved) potato and baked beans.
    Good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭Walter H Price

Cant decide weather skipping tonight is a good idea or not , had a heavy Christmas then was away for new year , i think from weighing in at home i'm going to be up a good half stone , But I've been back on plan since Sunday and doing 7/7/7 again had good losses with that the last three times I've done it with 4.5lb , 5lb and 3.5lb losses.

I think if i go and its as bad as what the scales at home is saying i'm just gonna be p!ssed off and embarrassed, but if i skip tonight i could easily have a good week doing the 7/7/7 and when i go back next week then have a smaller more palatable gain.

Im not two worried been doing SW for about 8 months now and was down a little over 2 stone before the Christmas /holiday meltdown , this we only be my 3rd gain in that time so i no can correct it in a week or two just dunno if could deal with the embarrassment of having a massive gain like that to kick off the new year. It would be the second week i missed in a row but last week was a holiday week , how many can you miss before you have to rejoin as a new member

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Smoked Tuna

What's the equivalent of a size 10 for men? I dont understand it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭Walter H Price

What's the equivalent of a size 10 for men? I dont understand it.

If a size 10 - 12 is seen as like the healthy ideal for a woman i suppose a medium to large in t-shirts and causal shirts, 34-36 waist in jeans and trousers and a 15-16 inc inch neck in a formal/work shirt, 38-40 in a suit jack are probibly the equivalent for blokes.

Size 14-16 would be large to XL, 6-8 would be small and size 4-2 extra small is the way i always would think of it i suppose.

• Advertisement

If a size 10 - 12 is seen as like the healthy ideal for a woman i suppose a medium to large in t-shirts and causal shirts, 34-36 waist in jeans and trousers and a 15-16 inc inch neck in a formal/work shirt, 38-40 in a suit jack are probibly the equivalent for blokes.

Size 14-16 would be large to XL, 6-8 would be small and size 4-2 extra small is the way i always would think of it i suppose.

Pretty much, except women's sizes are fairly BS and not standardised between shops (or even between clothes all made by the same shop).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement