Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

Do you like beans at all or just not the canned ones? You can make homemade baked beans which taste much nicer :)

I like beans when they're in other things, its specifically bakes beans from a can that I don't like.

If theres a recipe for a home made version, I'd give it a try :)

I like beans when they're in other things, its specifically bakes beans from a can that I don't like.

If theres a recipe for a home made version, I'd give it a try :)

I saw this recipe in the Irish Times recently, looked easy enough!

http://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/food-and-drink/give-me-five-home-made-baked-beans-1.2419933

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭hole in my lovelywall

weigh in tonight only 1lb last week was a bit disappointing hoping for a decent loss tonight keep the motivation up

Good luck!

I thought it would be the ice cream or chocolate biscuits (kept for guests...) that would spoil my good run, but no, it's the 3 chicken fajitas I just wolfed down!
    And I'm not even stuffed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

What oats do people use? Ive tried make over night oats and they were horrible but I think I was doing it wrong or else had the wrong kinda oats... the ones I had were from Aldi

Just normal porridge oats from lidl?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I soaked mine in yogurt for the night but they were dry and mealy the next morning?

Probably a silly question but how did you layer them and was there enough yoghurt/liquid for the oats to absorb? First time I made them I hadn't enough yoghurt so some oats were still dry.

I soaked mine in yogurt for the night but they were dry and mealy the next morning?

Did you mix all the layers together in the morning before eating it?

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

I make mine with hot water & then add the yoghurt

How did you do Walter?

I was down, but not by much by most standards, so I was disappointed.

Will do better this week hopefully.

• Advertisement

How did you do Walter?

I was down, but not by much by most standards, so I was disappointed.

Will do better this week hopefully.
    A loss is a loss, be proud of that. Where would you be if you hadn't started?

Ya, if I only lost 1lb a week over a year, that'd be a dream come true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Down 2lbs and hit the half stone mark. I love seeing the stickers on my book, it really motivates me. Small losses are still losses, what I do when I feel upset by a loss is measure it out in flour. You'd be surprised how heavy a pound or even half a pound feels.

I have one of them mason jar things, maybe could of added more yogurt just found them so dry the next day so they went in the bin!! Should them be gooey the next day like if they were cooked but cold?

Mine would never be as gooey as if made hot but I like them that way! I've heard of people who mix it all together overnight instead of layering to make the oats softer could try that either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

eviltwin wrote: »
    Down 2lbs and hit the half stone mark. I love seeing the stickers on my book, it really motivates me. Small losses are still losses, what I do when I feel upset by a loss is measure it out in flour. You'd be surprised how heavy a pound or even half a pound feels.

Well done!

I'm off to SW for my first weigh in after work - I hope all of my efforts this week will count for something!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭Walter H Price

5lb drop this week , brings it to 10lb gone in 3 weeks since new years :)

5lb drop this week , brings it to 10lb gone in 3 weeks since new years :)

That's a great result. Well done.

That's a great result. Well done.

recovered the damage done over christmas and disneyland fairly quick can focvus on the next half stone and club 10 now only 6lbs off

What does anyone think of the Iceland frozen meals?
    I might try the syn free burgers and meatballs.
    https://www.iceland.co.uk/slimming-world-syn-free-frozen-meals/slimming-world-range/
    Also have the Mallons sausages for a cooked breakfast this weekend.
    https://m.facebook.com/mallonssausages/posts/10152588794448272

• Advertisement

What does anyone think of the Iceland frozen meals?
    I might try the syn free burgers and meatballs.
    https://www.iceland.co.uk/slimming-world-syn-free-frozen-meals/slimming-world-range/
    Also have the Mallons sausages for a cooked breakfast this weekend.
    https://m.facebook.com/mallonssausages/posts/10152588794448272

meals are good and handy for lunches , decent variety ... Mallons sausages are pretty nice

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭tippgirl123

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/osguHmMH2T6p53Pwxcd_Lwg5ce6S3owDHTGNbUyLudf_6Ft-mZh1FZKVz4-3XZWeEdkpiRR5qGXWkOfoP-fBUA=s150

Does anyone know if these are hexb. I'm looking for something new rather than the usual be good bread.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/osguHmMH2T6p53Pwxcd_Lwg5ce6S3owDHTGNbUyLudf_6Ft-mZh1FZKVz4-3XZWeEdkpiRR5qGXWkOfoP-fBUA=s150

Does anyone know if these are hexb. I'm looking for something new rather than the usual be good bread.
    Yup 2 slices are HexB :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Cavan Bear

I just make them in a tupperware container. I thought that I would hate them because I am not a huge porridge fan. I just do a layer of oats, a layer of yogurt. a layer of fruit and repeat. I actually really like them and it is a great way for me to get the fruit in. I use mandarins a lot as they are speed fruit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

Is Ballygowan sparklingly fruit synned? Can't seem to find it anywhere. Thanks :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

neemish wrote: »
    Is Ballygowan sparklingly fruit synned? Can't seem to find it anywhere. Thanks :-)

I checked this out when it first came out a year or so ago and it's definitely synned, I can't remember exactly how many though. I'll check my book in a few and let you know.

Just checked, I don't have a note of it, also checked the app and it's not listed. Hmmm, how many calories is in it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

m'lady wrote: »
    I checked this out when it first came out a year or so ago and it's definitely synned, I can't remember exactly how many though. I'll check my book in a few and let you know.

Just checked, I don't have a note of it, also checked the app and it's not listed. Hmmm, how many calories is in it?

It says 17 cals per 100mls so I'm guessing about 60cals per can? Might be worth the syns- I'm not a big fan of diet drinks because of the aspartame.

neemish wrote: »
    It says 17 cals per 100mls so I'm guessing about 60cals per can? Might be worth the syns- I'm not a big fan of diet drinks because of the aspartame.

60 cals would normally convert to 3 syns, but the fact that it contains water then I'd imagine it's less than that.
    Do you go to a class that you could ask? If not I'll ask for you?

Does it say it's sugar free on it? Also does it give what percentage is actually water?

Edited to say that I'm just thinking I don't think the cals to syn conversion is applicable to drinks, but I could be wrong..

m'lady wrote: »
    60 cals would normally convert to 3 syns, but the fact that it contains water then I'd imagine it's less than that.
    Do you go to a class that you could ask? If not I'll ask for you?

Does it say it's sugar free on it? Also does it give what percentage is actually water?

Edited to say that I'm just thinking I don't think the cals to syn conversion is applicable to drinks, but I could be wrong..

I think it does, the water wouldn't make a difference because it has no calories anyway?

• Advertisement

I think it does, the water wouldn't make a difference because it has no calories anyway?

I get you, I was thinking the fact that it does contain a 'free' ingredient it might bring down the syns but your right, sorry- was a late night lol :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement