Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Thank you. I ate no roast potatoes but did eat chicken without skin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Thank you. I ate no roast potatoes but did eat chicken without skin.

I couldn't do without my roasties :) but if you par cook them in boiling water or a microwave first and fluff them up, make sure they're dry and spray the potatoes then put them in a separate roasting tin, with a bit of practice they come up very well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

I felt like this week was going really well, didn't give into some cravings earlier in the week, usually I'm good at getting a healthy shop done but today I was staring at the ice cream freezers in Lidl, I was thinking what could I get that wouldn't be too bad... then I thought of weigh in next week, grabbed a toffee yoghurt and ran out the door.

Not today Hagan Daaz, not today! :pac:

Saw they have new flavours of Ben & Jerry's in Tesco the other day and I definitely lingered a while at the freezer...! :eek:

• Advertisement

Tesco has Ben & Jerry's on half price aswell don't they? I feel like half price luxury ice cream has been responsible for half of my weight gain :pac:

Oh definitely, myself and the OH used to polish off a tub between us in one sitting whenever they were on offer! Still would if I let myself lol! He bought a tub of the peanut butter cup one when it was half price recently and it killed me watching him eating it! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

Are Aldi Brooklea light, Greek style vanilla and coconut, or the lemon variety yoghurt free?

My wife doesn't seem to find the answer to this (she does sw online)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Are Aldi Brooklea light, Greek style vanilla and coconut, or the lemon variety yoghurt free?

My wife doesn't seem to find the answer to this (she does sw online)

Lemon is free, Coconut and vanilla is 0.5 syns. I find it easier to search on the website rather than the app if anyone else is having difficulty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

What do you do when you go over you syns for the day? Do you cut back on your syns for the rest of the week or have a speed day...basically how should I best manage it to avoid a gain. Not massively over but its the first time since starting and I'm annoyed with myself...damn you chocolate cake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭tk123

eviltwin wrote: »
    What do you do when you go over you syns for the day? Do you cut back on your syns for the rest of the week or have a speed day...basically how should I best manage it to avoid a gain. Not massively over but its the first time since starting and I'm annoyed with myself...damn you chocolate cake.

Draw the SW line and forget it! I never did SP or 777 (or whatever it's called) to try and claw back - one meal isn't going to make you gain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 151 ✭✭BumblebeeGirl

On SW 4 weeks now..still having wine at the weekend but losing slowly. What's a SP day?

On SW 4 weeks now..still having wine at the weekend but losing slowly. What's a SP day?

SP day is where you only eat free foods that are 'S' (speed) or 'P' (protein), so no potatoes, pasta, rice etc. You get 2 HEBs and your HEA however, and regular amount of syns. It's meant to boost weight loss but shouldn't be done long term, more meant of an extra boost for a few days or a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭ja1986

Hi everyone .I am going to start slimming world at home tomorrow I have done the plan before. I will actually join a class next week but just want a head start.
    I find I eat very unhealthy when I'm unprepared so I'm looking for ideas for dinners. I work during the week and collect the babies afterwards so by the time I'm home I don't want to be making big dinners.
    I know stirfrys are fast enough to make but I can't have them everyday.
    Can ye all shout out what are yer best easy dinners to Russel up.
    Thanks so much .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

My go to 'treat' dinner has been mince beef meatballs in a tomato sauce served in a toasted slimbo with some cheddar cheese using my healthy extras.
    I have it with corn on the cob and a side salad and it's absolutely delicious!
    For the tomato sauce - tinned tomatoes, garlic, red onion, beef stock cube, tomato purée, herbs to taste and salt and pepper. Blend it up and let it simmer.
    Sauce can be made in advance, meatballs don't take long and it's delicious. My go to when I'm feeling tempted by my old ways!

ja1986 wrote: »
    Hi everyone .I am going to start slimming world at home tomorrow I have done the plan before. I will actually join a class next week but just want a head start.
    I find I eat very unhealthy when I'm unprepared so I'm looking for ideas for dinners. I work during the week and collect the babies afterwards so by the time I'm home I don't want to be making big dinners.
    I know stirfrys are fast enough to make but I can't have them everyday.
    Can ye all shout out what are yer best easy dinners to Russel up.
    Thanks so much .

Pasta bake is great, cook some veg/whatever meat you want, mix it with some cooked pasta and passata and top with cheese, bake for 20 mins or until cheese is golden. Takes just over half an hour for me, it's one of my go to quick meals.

Maybe investing in a slow cooker would be a good idea too? I don't have one but I hear a lot of busy parents rave about it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭BetsyEllen

Pasta bake is great, cook some veg/whatever meat you want, mix it with some cooked pasta and passata and top with cheese, bake for 20 mins or until cheese is golden. Takes just over half an hour for me, it's one of my go to quick meals.

Maybe investing in a slow cooker would be a good idea too? I don't have one but I hear a lot of busy parents rave about it :P

Absolutely get a slow cooker.
    Just chuck in your meat/veg etc, leave it on all day and you come home to a fab dinner.
    I don't a whole roast chicken in mine last week and it was beautiful, almost falling apart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

A new member to our group lost 11lb on her first weigh in this morning. Lots of the January newcomers are losing amazing amounts early on! I was up my obligatory 1/2lb :o (target member).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭beer enigma

I hit target just before Christmas and have wavered a couple of lbs above ever since. I decided this week to try to lose the 2lbs to get back to exact target and weighed in this morning with a loss of 6.5 lbs !! I'm now out of my taget zone ((((:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭kittensmittens

I am really trying hard to see how I can eat as much as I like and still lose weight! Have joined online but am very sceptical tbh. I love everything on the superfree and free list and it wouldnt be a major change to stick to it. So many things you can have from it that I'm thinking, this cant be possible, surely? I haven't got a huge amount to lose, stone an a half roughly, and tbh I could eat like a pig on this plan...where's the catch? :D

I have been looking at a lot of the "Free" SW recipes online over the weekend and this has only added to my confusion as there's no way I can eat like that and lose the weight(or am I just brainwashed with calorie counting??)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭BetsyEllen

I'm joining tonight.
    I'm actually not officially overweight, I have a normal BMI bit I just feel like losing a stone would do me the world of good confidence wise.
    I've always been slim enough but I've put on a stone in the past year and I feel crap now.

I was just looking at the Spiced Beef slow cooker recipe online - has anyone tried it?
    I find that for slow cooked meats you need it to be fatty but the recipe says to trim all fat away. Surely the meat will be dry then?

http://www.slimmingworld.ie/recipes/slow-cooked-spiced-beef.aspx

I am really trying hard to see how I can eat as much as I like and still lose weight! Have joined online but am very sceptical tbh. I love everything on the superfree and free list and it wouldnt be a major change to stick to it. So many things you can have from it that I'm thinking, this cant be possible, surely? I haven't got a huge amount to lose, stone an a half roughly, and tbh I could eat like a pig on this plan...where's the catch? :D

I have been looking at a lot of the "Free" SW recipes online over the weekend and this has only added to my confusion as there's no way I can eat like that and lose the weight(or am I just brainwashed with calorie counting??)

The idea is if a third of your meal are 'speed' food (most fruit and vegetables), then you are naturally limiting your calorie intake by filling up on low calorie foods which keep you full. As long as you stick to the plan you should be able to eat until you're full and lose weight!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭kittensmittens

The idea is if a third of your meal are 'speed' food (most fruit and vegetables), then you are naturally limiting your calorie intake by filling up on low calorie foods which keep you full. As long as you stick to the plan you should be able to eat until you're full and lose weight!

I think because I did WW years ago that I'm a bit baffled by the whole thing.
    I just made lunch and had a 2 egg omelette(with water not milk) with mushrooms and onions lightly done in fry light, ham and frozen spinach. It was huge :o The only difference in me having this before would have been a bit of cheese and done in sunflower oil instead of the frylight. Can those 2 small changes make that much of a difference?

I just made lunch and had a 2 egg omelette(with water not milk) with mushrooms and onions lightly done in fry light, ham and frozen spinach. It was huge :o The only difference in me having this before would have been a bit of cheese and done in sunflower oil instead of the frylight. Can those 2 small changes make that much of a difference?

Yep! Obviously if you don't have much to lose you'll probably see the weight come off slower but you should see a difference :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Bellabella123

Hi guys, I've lost over a stone with Slimming World since I joined in September. I seem to lose weight slowly as opposed to some other people who drop 5 and 6 pounds every week on SW! Last week I only lost 0.5lb but at least it was in the right direction. Really finding it hard this week but working really hard to get more exercise on and eat plenty of vegetables and salads. I weigh in every Friday morning. Anybody else not finding it as easy as other people seem to find it! Love to hear from someone who's in the same boat? (Need to lose another 3 stone!)

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭hole in my lovelywall

Hi guys, I've lost over a stone with Slimming World since I joined in September. I seem to lose weight slowly as opposed to some other people who drop 5 and 6 pounds every week on SW! Last week I only lost 0.5lb but at least it was in the right direction. Really finding it hard this week but working really hard to get more exercise on and eat plenty of vegetables and salads. I weigh in every Friday morning. Anybody else not finding it as easy as other people seem to find it! Love to hear from someone who's in the same boat? (Need to lose another 3 stone!)
    I have lots to lose and expected a better start, but it hasn't happened with slimming world.
    I'm hoping slow and steady means I'll maintain any loss I achieve.
    I still have an issue with portion control.
    And the free carbs just don't work for me.
    Just waiting for something to hopefully 'click'.
    Down is down though!
    Any loss is better than none.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭hole in my lovelywall

I had better initial results with weight watchers but am hoping for better long term results with slimming world.
    Some aspects of the diets completely contradict each other. Eg. Beans are OK in sw!
    It's mad to think that you can have a fry with sw-what sort of diet is that?! One that I'll stick to forever hopefully. Ultimately a lifestyle change ratter than a diet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement