Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

gg2 wrote: »

Frig it its good to have a goal! What do you mean 4 pieces of fruit with everything? As in lunch plus 4 pieces of fruit?

That's what she said worked for her and she lost a lot and is a target member now within 5 months. She said even a bar of chocolate she had 4 pieces of fruit. So I done the same even when I had my 1/2 syn yoghurt I had apple, pear n 2 manadrins. It did keep me fuller for longer so when lunch n dinner came I didn't eat as much.

I prob went bit overboard as I made super free soup most days just different flavoured ones and I had bread with that plus load of fruit. It worked so hopefully next week I continue and get a pound off.

Also helped my Ma and she lost 2 and a half but she went over her syns most days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

bulmersgal wrote: »
    That's what she said worked for her and she lost a lot and is a target member now within 5 months. She said even a bar of chocolate she had 4 pieces of fruit. So I done the same even when I had my 1/2 syn yoghurt I had apple, pear n 2 manadrins. It did keep me fuller for longer so when lunch n dinner came I didn't eat as much.

I prob went bit overboard as I made super free soup most days just different flavoured ones and I had bread with that plus load of fruit. It worked so hopefully next week I continue and get a pound off.

Also helped my Ma and she lost 2 and a half but she went over her syns most days

No way thats mad... won't do me any harm to give it a try!

No way thats mad... won't do me any harm to give it a try!

That's what I thought at first cause I said all the extra calories is not going to help me lose. But I think it did as it stopped me over eating at dinner. The mandarins were great as I eat out of boredom sometimes so it takes a while to peel them and eat them so this stopped me going back for second biscuit or bar like I did before when I done slimming world

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭emma_mc123

That's what I thought at first cause I said all the extra calories is not going to help me lose. But I think it did as it stopped me over eating at dinner. The mandarins were great as I eat out of boredom sometimes so it takes a while to peel them and eat them so this stopped me going back for second biscuit or bar like I did before when I done slimming world

my friend from home did Slimming world and lost over 3 stone

while she didn't have 4 pieces of fruit with everything, she made sure she had superfree with everything
    even her syns like chocolate bars
    I think if I were to do that, it would encourage me not to eat so much chocolate etc

sounds like a good plan

I lost half a pound last night
    it's a loss I know, but I'm a bit gutted, I was so close to the one stone award.

My boyfriend is being very supportive though, senses my disappointment, we are going to play some more badminton this weekend and cook a lot of meals.
    so much better than the weekends where he has pizza and I have a veggie stir fry!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Dair

OH NO!!!! i totally get it I was exactly the same trying to get the over the last half stone, it was creeping away and then to end up 1/2lb off its awful, chin up you will get it next week :)

why dont you cook a takeaway type dish so you dont feel like your missing out??? i actually made chicken nuggets last week for the first time and they were free
    emma_mc123 wrote: »
    my friend from home did Slimming world and lost over 3 stone

while she didn't have 4 pieces of fruit with everything, she made sure she had superfree with everything
    even her syns like chocolate bars
    I think if I were to do that, it would encourage me not to eat so much chocolate etc

sounds like a good plan

I lost half a pound last night
    it's a loss I know, but I'm a bit gutted, I was so close to the one stone award.

My boyfriend is being very supportive though, senses my disappointment, we are going to play some more badminton this weekend and cook a lot of meals.
    so much better than the weekends where he has pizza and I have a veggie stir fry!

• Advertisement

oh my god thats amazing!!!!!! its taken me about 6 wks to lose that... rundown of daily meals please????? im losing slowly i know its steady but its hard to keep motivated when you only see a 1/2 or 1 pound loss.

Weigh in tonight... fingers crossed i had a very good week and for the first time in a long time no alcohol, although on downside star week...
    Lost 6lb so delighted with myself, doesn't feel real such a loss as most I got last time was 3lb. Hopefully get my half stone next week

Dair wrote: »
    OH NO!!!! i totally get it I was exactly the same trying to get the over the last half stone, it was creeping away and then to end up 1/2lb off its awful, chin up you will get it next week :)

why dont you cook a takeaway type dish so you dont feel like your missing out??? i actually made chicken nuggets last week for the first time and they were free

Thanks, definitely keeping my motivation high to get it next week

Thing is, I really enjoy healthy meals and stir fries. It's just when I was sitting next to a giant cheesey doughy pizza do I actually miss it and feel like im missing out

Plan to eat a lot more super free veg this week. Want to make a roasted beetroot side dish and maybe extra greens in stir fries.

Also tried the cauliflower rice, was quite nice but I feel I need to have it with a saucy dish, might use it with mushy pea curry :)

oh my god thats amazing!!!!!! its taken me about 6 wks to lose that... rundown of daily meals please????? im losing slowly i know its steady but its hard to keep motivated when you only see a 1/2 or 1 pound loss.

Weigh in tonight... fingers crossed i had a very good week and for the first time in a long time no alcohol, although on downside star week...

Breakfast 2 weetabix with banana n few manadrins

Snack muller fat free Greek yogurt 1/2syn with manadrins n apple

Lunch soup either potatoe n leek or a tomatoe n veg. With 2 slices Dunnes store better for u bread 5 syns

Snack apple or pear n manadrins

Dinner usually pasta with loads of super free sauce. Not to much pasta tho and either less then 5% fat mince or plain cod.

Some nights chips with slender choice sausages n a salad.

Snack another yoghurt n fruit.

I did eat chocolate birthday cake, steak with pepper sauce, potatoes n veg with garlic oil. I also had couple of low fat crisps n some low fat chocolate maybe 2 bars.

I was surprised at how much I lost as I was 11 stone 4 last week and most I've lost before was 3lbs.

Also I measured milk and didn't use more then 375ml of skimmed and drank loads n loads of water

2.5 off im so happy i could cry, i never thought id see 11 stone again!!! maybe the not drinking did work!!! hmmm hen party next wknd and wedding the following i dont think im manage it again!!

Thats so much fruit, i get a dodgy tummy and hives when i eat too much fruit:(
    Breakfast 2 weetabix with banana n few manadrins

Snack muller fat free Greek yogurt 1/2syn with manadrins n apple

Lunch soup either potatoe n leek or a tomatoe n veg. With 2 slices Dunnes store better for u bread 5 syns

Snack apple or pear n manadrins

Dinner usually pasta with loads of super free sauce. Not to much pasta tho and either less then 5% fat mince or plain cod.

Some nights chips with slender choice sausages n a salad.

Snack another yoghurt n fruit.

I did eat chocolate birthday cake, steak with pepper sauce, potatoes n veg with garlic oil. I also had couple of low fat crisps n some low fat chocolate maybe 2 bars.

I was surprised at how much I lost as I was 11 stone 4 last week and most I've lost before was 3lbs.

Also I measured milk and didn't use more then 375ml of skimmed and drank loads n loads of water

• Advertisement

Thats so much fruit, i get a dodgy tummy and hives when i eat too much fruit:(

Some days I did replace some of fruit with a cup of super free soup.

So far I've made potatoe n leek (not super free more free), tomatoe n basil and a whatever fresh veg in press at time. If anybody needs recipe just ask.

Congrats on your 2.5lbs I'm hoping for 1lb next week just to get my half stone

I made the super free/speed soup tonight it was delish really enjoyed it. Plenty of fruit today also so here's hoping I see it next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Jewow

What is the recipe for superfree soup??

Am I missing something cos lookinf through the list of SF foods they all seem like stuff I'd never eat!! let alone find in the supermarket :)

I got the recipe online, basically just a leek, onion, pepper, tin of chopped tomatoes, tin of bachelors 3 beans (chickpea haricot and another one which escapes me!), a carrott chili, garlic, stock... think thats is! All cooked and blitzed up

Jewow wrote: »
    What is the recipe for superfree soup??

Am I missing something cos lookinf through the list of SF foods they all seem like stuff I'd never eat!! let alone find in the supermarket :)

My recipe is
    Onion large
    Carrots
    Parsnips
    Butternut squash
    Sweet potatoe
    Potatoe
    Mushrooms + peppers there optional
    Passata
    Tin of tomatoes
    2 veg oxo stock cubes
    Ginger + garlic
    Plus mixed herbs

I fry onions then add all the veg in. Fill up with water till all veg covered then add tin of tomatoes and passata. Then crumble stock cubes n herbs. Bring to boil, simmer till veg cooked and then blend.

Last night I only had onions, small but of pepper n mushrooms left in press so fried them. Added 2 Tins of tomatoes n a carton of passata. Boiled for 30 min then blend. Had to add some water as very thick.

I've heard people in class just getting bag of mixed veg and putting it in water till it covered few stock cubes and blending.

I also make potatoe and leek which is onions, 3 leeks 6 medium potatoes, fill with water. Some veg stock cubes and cook till mushy then blend. Only downside is it's more free them Super free so you have to add some fruit or veg to meal.

But having a potatoe In soup thickens it and it fills you more so I usually throw in a couple into most soup.

Hth

I got the recipe online, basically just a leek, onion, pepper, tin of chopped tomatoes, tin of bachelors 3 beans (chickpea haricot and another one which escapes me!), a carrott chili, garlic, stock... think thats is! All cooked and blitzed up

Have to try that as loads of people saying baked beans are Super free but I hate them. This sounds yummy tho

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭CuteStuff

I got my 2.5 stone award this evening!!! :D

CuteStuff wrote: »
    I got my 2.5 stone award this evening!!! :D

Congrats, any tips or advice you can share?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 cupcake123

Hey guys as usual havnt been in in a while ,have spent ages thrawling through the previous posts ,eveyone seems to be doing well and in good spirits on their journeys ....
    Looking forward to Christmas now at this stage and reaching my Christmas goal....At the moment i'm 5lbs off 5 stone so would be thrilled to reach it for Christmas ,having a great week so far this week so hoping for 2-3lb loss ...Will do 3 hrs of walking over 3 days this week and a couple of swims ....Swimming is great for movin the scales i find .....
    Loving Slimming world and the new shape i have compared to this time last yr ...Have bought a dress for the first time ever for Xmas and cant wait to wear it to the Christmas party night ....Exciting times ....Good luck everyone and keep up the hard work ..the results are so worth it ....

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭CuteStuff

The best bit of advice I can give is take it day by day and if you have a naughty day and lose the run of yourself, don't let it ruin your whole week, get back on the saddle and don't dwell on it. Its worked for me and for over 3 months every week I've had a loss.

• Advertisement

CuteStuff wrote: »
    The best bit of advice I can give is take it day by day and if you have a naughty day and lose the run of yourself, don't let it ruin your whole week, get back on the saddle and don't dwell on it. Its worked for me and for over 3 months every week I've had a loss.

I went through a really bad stage where I was losing the run of my bad days, then almost starving myself to make up for it. of course, some weeks I lost, but others I gained and it just wasn't working

Late, I've started doing exactly what you've said, having the occasional naughty meal, snack etc, and moving out. That was about 6 weeks ago, and I've been losing every week since then. Some weeks smaller than others, but still losing :)

it also makes it easier to keep going as a lifestyle when you treat it like this

well done on the 2.5 stone! I'm definitely hoping for my 1 stone award next week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

just joined up yesterday and kicked off the food plan this morning having my usual bowl of grapefruit and boiled egg but just realised the grapefruit is probably canned (from canteen in work) and canned fruit is not superfree :mad: wouldnt mind I was going to have porridge but it was like water!
    how many syns should i give for a standard ceral bowl loaded with canned grapefruit?!

fifib wrote: »
    just joined up yesterday and kicked off the food plan this morning having my usual bowl of grapefruit and boiled egg but just realised the grapefruit is probably canned (from canteen in work) and canned fruit is not superfree :mad: wouldnt mind I was going to have porridge but it was like water!
    how many syns should i give for a standard ceral bowl loaded with canned grapefruit?!

don't worry too much, grapefruit in it's own juice is only about 1.5-2 syns depending on the brand
    you're still well on track for the day :)

Weekends are so hard. Yest was having a **** day and just wanted to pig out when I went to my bf ended up settling for a packet of popcorn. It meant I was 3 over my dailies but it was better then the chipper Or curry I wanted and would usually have.

Tonight my mam said lets get curry as we cleaning house for Xmas. I was like no went and made spag Bol it was lovely. Even made 1/2 syn cake for after (not great but was something) then my brother came down with cakes his fiancé had made. Ended up eating chocolate cupcake it was smallest one there. But there is a 1/3 of a caramel cake left that's calling my name :-( I've 3 days to make up for last two days so fingers crossed I can

Weekends are so hard. Yest was having a **** day and just wanted to pig out when I went to my bf ended up settling for a packet of popcorn. It meant I was 3 over my dailies but it was better then the chipper Or curry I wanted and would usually have.

Tonight my mam said lets get curry as we cleaning house for Xmas. I was like no went and made spag Bol it was lovely. Even made 1/2 syn cake for after (not great but was something) then my brother came down with cakes his fiancé had made. Ended up eating chocolate cupcake it was smallest one there. But there is a 1/3 of a caramel cake left that's calling my name :-( I've 3 days to make up for last two days so fingers crossed I can

You sound like you coped very well :)
    Don't beat yourself up, it's difficult to keep refusing when being offered bad food.

Is the cake yours? Sometimes I throw out food to stop the temptation! Not great but I need to sometimes

You sound like you coped very well :)
    Don't beat yourself up, it's difficult to keep refusing when being offered bad food.

Is the cake yours? Sometimes I throw out food to stop the temptation! Not great but I need to sometimes

No cake was between me and my Ma so thankfully she scoffed it. Was bold yest and had chips in bray but it was it sit down place so not full bag of chips and had lovely plain hake. Enjoyed it but worrying again about weigh in.

How did every one else's weekends go?

No cake was between me and my Ma so thankfully she scoffed it. Was bold yest and had chips in bray but it was it sit down place so not full bag of chips and had lovely plain hake. Enjoyed it but worrying again about weigh in.

How did every one else's weekends go?

Mine was ok

friday was a disaster, ate 2 bags of McCoys, chocolate and quite a few oat cakes!
    then went out for dinner with bf, that wasn't so bad

saturday was good, had some yummy breakfast out (smoked salmon, poached eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes!)
    then later for dinner I took over the kitchen, made some roasted veggies with quorn fillets and my bf made his specialty brussel sprouts!
    chopped in half, par boiled, then stir fried and seasoned with soy
    so yummy! only way I like sprouts!

I also had my very first run without a treadmill (all in prep for www.hellandback.ie)
    managed 6k around St Annes park
    was absolutely dying at the end, and still feeling it in my thighs

hopefully all the healthy eating over the weekend means the junk on friday won't have sabotaged my weigh in!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Danniboo

Hey guys,

I joined my local slimming world class last night and i'm finding it a bit overwhelming. The menus look amazing but I literally do not have time to go home every evening to go home and cook up meals from scratch. Any advice for me? What would you typical days eating with slimming world be like? I really want to commit to this so any advice very much appreciated. Thanks

Danniboo wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I joined my local slimming world class last night and i'm finding it a bit overwhelming. The menus look amazing but I literally do not have time to go home every evening to go home and cook up meals from scratch. Any advice for me? What would you typical days eating with slimming world be like? I really want to commit to this so any advice very much appreciated. Thanks

Hey

try not to get overwhelmed
    the crux of slimming world is to have some homecooked meals instead of take aways and ready meals
    so it shouldn't be too difficult
    do you get any evenings free where you would have time to batch cook?
    I tend to dedicate two nights in the week (normally a sunday and a monday)
    I make dishes like chilli, bolognese, spicy stir fries etc
    if I plan to eat it in the week, I just leave the lunch boxes in the fridge, but if I want to leave it a bit longer, I will divide into separate lunch boxes and freeze, ensuring to pull out the box to defrost in the morning I want to use it

also, you can buy frozen fish fillets that can be put into a super quick stir fry, that will only take about 20 minutes to cook in the evening

does any of that sound ok?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Danniboo

Hey

try not to get overwhelmed
    the crux of slimming world is to have some homecooked meals instead of take aways and ready meals
    so it shouldn't be too difficult
    do you get any evenings free where you would have time to batch cook?
    I tend to dedicate two nights in the week (normally a sunday and a monday)
    I make dishes like chilli, bolognese, spicy stir fries etc
    if I plan to eat it in the week, I just leave the lunch boxes in the fridge, but if I want to leave it a bit longer, I will divide into separate lunch boxes and freeze, ensuring to pull out the box to defrost in the morning I want to use it

also, you can buy frozen fish fillets that can be put into a super quick stir fry, that will only take about 20 minutes to cook in the evening

does any of that sound ok?

Yeah I was thinking along those lines alright, work full time, in college 2 nights but I could dedicate Monday evening maybe to meal planning as this is when I go to my class. Thanks for that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement