Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭Melisandre121

Day 4 and still on plan - really pleased with myself, this is the most fruit I've ever eaten!

Because I'm not going to groups I really miss having my app to check syn values, is there anywhere else online I can find these? I tend to google but it can take a while to find the info. I know they're in my booklet but I don't fancy whipping that out of my bag every time I'm in a shop..

Also, are there any low/syn free treats you'd recommend? Even something I could whip up and pop in the fridge? I love chocolate and am struggling without it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

If you search my posts on this thread you'll find a recipe for low syn brownies, I haven't made them in ages but they're very nice and under 2 syns each, gorgeous with a coffee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Got my 1.5 stone award today woohoo! Took far too long to get it but no more faffing about

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

I've been hovering around the same weight for about a month now (or maybe more) - I'll go up a pound, then down, rinse & repeat. I know my problem is I'm not sticking the plan strictly enough, not getting enough speed, going over my syns, I just can't seem to motivate myself every week. :(

ShazGV wrote: »
    I've been hovering around the same weight for about a month now (or maybe more) - I'll go up a pound, then down, rinse & repeat. I know my problem is I'm not sticking the plan strictly enough, not getting enough speed, going over my syns, I just can't seem to motivate myself every week. :(

Do you have a picture of yourself that you really hated when you saw? I do, and it's what spurned me to try SW again. Anytime I feel myself lacking motivation I just think about that photo. I also went into River Island today and picked out the clothes I want to get once I'm at my target weight which was a huge motivator!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Do you have a picture of yourself that you really hated when you saw? I do, and it's what spurned me to try SW again. Anytime I feel myself lacking motivation I just think about that photo. I also went into River Island today and picked out the clothes I want to get once I'm at my target weight which was a huge motivator!

That's a really good point! I actually do need to get a few new bits as it was commented to me earlier (after my first post) that my coat is now far too big for me, so that also helped a wee bit :o

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Even set a short term goal for example by Easter I want to have lost x and that you will treat yourself to a new outfit and a night out when you get there. If you feel like there is no end in sight it can be hard to get started.
    On the sweet treats I love a meringue with a syn free toffee yogurt and some fruit. The meringue is around two or three syns. You can throw on some mini marshmallows. They are very low in syns if you really need a sweet fix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Winnie21

Does anyone know what way it works once you reach target? How often you have to attend etc? Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Winnie21 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what way it works once you reach target? How often you have to attend etc? Thanks.

You need to weigh in at least once every 8 weeks to keep access to the online stuff, app etc.
    You get 3 lbs either side of the target as your target range and if you go out of that you get a week to get back in target so like a free chance.. if you get back in that range you don't pay but if you're still out of target you pay again until you are.

I was great for over a year but the last while I seem to be at the upper end nearly every weigh-in and starting to kind of resent it and get defiant :o

Are all slices of ham syn free? I got some in the deli just now and it's very watery. I just worry there could be hidden syns! Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Are all slices of ham syn free? I got some in the deli just now and it's very watery. I just worry there could be hidden syns! Thanks.

My consultant has said that as long as it's not 'slimy' then it's it's free, did you get yours at the deli counter like? Or in a packet?

m'lady wrote: »
    My consultant has said that as long as it's not 'slimy' then it's it's free, did you get yours at the deli counter like? Or in a packet?

At the counter, it was a bit slimy...:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

At the counter, it was a bit slimy...:(

It's free don't worry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Maintained last night, very happy with that as I had a really bad weekend, eating two take out pizzas, chipper, lots and lots of chocolate and so much bread....

We had friends over hence the nights out but its good to know I can have a few mad days and still get easily back on track when its all over and it doesn't have to mean a disaster for my weight loss.

Does anyone know the syns of a standard pack of Manhatten Popcorn?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

eviltwin wrote: »
    Maintained last night, very happy with that as I had a really bad weekend, eating two take out pizzas, chipper, lots and lots of chocolate and so much bread....

We had friends over hence the nights out but its good to know I can have a few mad days and still get easily back on track when its all over and it doesn't have to mean a disaster for my weight loss.

Does anyone know the syns of a standard pack of Manhatten Popcorn?

The 30g bag? I think its 6syns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

dcfc91 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there are any free membership vouchers floating around in any mags or papers?

There is a free membership voucher with this weeks Woman magazine if you are still looking for one. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 82 ✭✭Keithmc40

I have just finished reading all 634 pages of this thread, it took me two weekends to finish. Some great hints and tips and fantastic weight loss stories. I started my journey on 31st December 2016 weighing 24st 2lb and since then have lost 3st 5lb in 11 weeks. How is everybody else getting on ?

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭LushiousLips

Maura Derrane, Eamon Dunphy, Jason Byrne and Michael Healy-Rae will be getting results of DNA tests to determine their ancestry.

Keithmc40 wrote:
    I have just finished reading all 634 pages of this thread, it took me two weekends to finish. Some great hints and tips and fantastic weight loss stories. I started my journey on 31st December 2016 weighing 24st 2lb and since then have lost 3st 5lb in 11 weeks. How is everybody else getting on ?

Wow fantastic weight loss Keith. Well done to you. Any good tips or hints that you can think of from reading all those pages 👌ðŸ»

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Keithmc40 wrote: »

I don't know what's more impressive, your weight loss or reading the entire thread :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Does anyone in now how many syns in sun dried tomatoes? Also do you have to syn herbs?

• Advertisement

Does anyone in now how many syns in sun dried tomatoes? Also do you have to syn herbs?

For ones without oil it's 1 syn per 28g I think. More if they're in oil. Although tbh for the ones without oil I'd be tempted not to count the syns it's not like you're going to go overboard on tomatoes!

Herbs are free :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

For ones without oil it's 1 syn per 28g I think. More if they're in oil. Although tbh for the ones without oil I'd be tempted not to count the syns it's not like you're going to go overboard on tomatoes!

Herbs are free :)

Thank you very much.

Any idea on the ones in oil?

Thank you very much.

Any idea on the ones in oil?

3 per 28g I think? You'd want to drain as much oil off them as you can though.

Wow fantastic weight loss Keith. Well done to you. Any good tips or hints that you can think of from reading all those pages 👌ðŸ»

Eat as much speed food as you can with every meal, try to stay to class and get tips

eviltwin wrote: »
    I don't know what's more impressive, your weight loss or reading the entire thread :D

Weight loss i think !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Last week by accident I picked up a pack of screw top water bottles instead of my preferred sports cap.......I ended up drinking twice the amount of water, presumably because you take a bigger glug !.

Only issue was that I'm at target so have been trying to maintain & last week with the water ended up 3lbs down :rolleyes: but means I can increase syns now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Back on track today after a week long binge - didn't even enjoy most of it, just mindlessly eating. Mortified for WI on Friday morning, I'd say I could easily be up 5lb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

Back on track today after a week long binge - didn't even enjoy most of it, just mindlessly eating. Mortified for WI on Friday morning, I'd say I could easily be up 5lb

I feel ya, over indulged a lot last week and paid for it, up a kg on top of a kg I gained before and hadn't lost yet! Doing a lot better this week though so hopefully it will shift!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭Walter H Price

Doing an S&P plan for the next two weeks , lost a stone and a half but been maintaining since Christmas little ups and downs but literally the exact same weight now i was the start of jan having maintained over Christmas which i was delighted with. I'm 1st to target really want to get there before my stag in 4 weeks time so set the goal of 3lb a week , my consultant advised S&P

anybody go any tips for doing this or done it before and howd you find it ? im only 3 days in but going ok so far

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement