Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭emma_mc123

Danniboo wrote: »
    Yeah I was thinking along those lines alright, work full time, in college 2 nights but I could dedicate Monday evening maybe to meal planning as this is when I go to my class. Thanks for that.

no worries, what I have discovered in the weeks where I don't loose (or worse a gain)
    it's when I wasn't prepared, i really need to prep for my weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Hey guys,

I joined my local slimming world class last night and i'm finding it a bit overwhelming. The menus look amazing but I literally do not have time to go home every evening to go home and cook up meals from scratch. Any advice for me? What would you typical days eating with slimming world be like? I really want to commit to this so any advice very much appreciated. Thanks

I'm only back doing it two weeks, second weigh in 2night, I lost 6lbs first week. Here is a sample of my day I posted it a couple of pages back as well

Breakfast 2 weetabix with banana n few manadrins

Snack muller fat free Greek yogurt 1/2syn with manadrins n apple

Lunch soup either potatoe n leek or a tomatoe n veg. With 2 slices Dunnes store better for u bread 5 syns

Snack apple or pear n manadrins

Dinner usually pasta with loads of super free sauce. Not to much pasta tho and either less then 5% fat mince or plain cod.

Some nights chips with slender choice sausages n a salad.

Snack another yoghurt n fruit.

I did eat chocolate birthday cake, steak with pepper sauce, potatoes n veg with garlic oil. I also had couple of low fat crisps n some low fat chocolate maybe 2 bars.

I'm the same as Emma I need to be prepared, I failed last time as I didn't prepare enough. N made bad choices instead

emma_mc123 wrote: »

Mine was ok

friday was a disaster, ate 2 bags of McCoys, chocolate and quite a few oat cakes!
    then went out for dinner with bf, that wasn't so bad

saturday was good, had some yummy breakfast out (smoked salmon, poached eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes!)
    then later for dinner I took over the kitchen, made some roasted veggies with quorn fillets and my bf made his specialty brussel sprouts!
    chopped in half, par boiled, then stir fried and seasoned with soy
    so yummy! only way I like sprouts!

I also had my very first run without a treadmill (all in prep for www.hellandback.ie)
    managed 6k around St Annes park
    was absolutely dying at the end, and still feeling it in my thighs

hopefully all the healthy eating over the weekend means the junk on friday won't have sabotaged my weigh in!

Fair play to you running, I keep meaning up get back to gym but my little girl was sick and it's just me there to mind her. As wouldn't like to ask my parents when she's sick.

It's horrible when you have one bad day, as you don't no till weigh in if it has wrecked your week.

I've weigh in tonight so hoping for a loss and getting my half stone award

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Dair

Not a great week, had to work sat we had an emergency, so bad food day, drive to kk sun morning crisps and chocoate and white bread!!!! Cork yesterday morning for work, sandwichs and scones only food on offer, so needs must... back to meath for work this morning for 5am jambon and sausage sandwich so far :( Not being prepared sucks!!! il go swimming tonight to try pull back something and no more syns today. pretty disheratened though i might see 1under 11on the scales tomorrow but i doubt it now. plus wedding all next weekend so thats not going to work in my favour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Girls I weighed myself in boots this morning and discovered I had put the 2 lbs back on that I lost.... Sickened is not the word. Couldn't face group tonight. Don't really know where to go from here

• Advertisement

gg2 wrote: »
    Girls I weighed myself in boots this morning and discovered I had put the 2 lbs back on that I lost.... Sickened is not the word. Couldn't face group tonight. Don't really know where to go from here

That scales could be different from the slimming world one. I find my scales is always wrong at least 2lbs up and sometimes more. Also my clothes can increase weight by 3/4 lbs

Lost 1.5lbs
    Yeah!! Got my one stone Award! I'm
    So happy! Couldn't stay to group as I'm out to celebrate my housemate finishing her phd! Hope I can through the festivities this week without ruining it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭miss choc

I never weigh myself at home now as it may be different to SW one and I like to wait for the surprise or shock! of my weight at the class.
    Don't worry about the gain I started a new job 3 wks ago was all out of routine not bringing in lunches eating 2 bread for breakfast, a sambo for lunch and toasted sanbo with salad for dinner wayy too much bread. I was coming home tired and had nothing prepared. I cut down on the bread and have cereal instead, ryevitas or ricecakes for lunch and a pasta/rice or potato meal for dinner. Mugshots, Mullers and fruit keep me going through the day.

Lost 1.5lbs
    So happy! Couldn't stay to group as I'm out to celebrate my housemate finishing her phd! Hope I can through the festivities this week without ruining it!!

Yay go you! Say you were delighted getting your stone.

I lost a pound this week, so I got my half stone :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

bulmersgal wrote: »
    That scales could be different from the slimming world one. I find my scales is always wrong at least 2lbs up and sometimes more. Also my clothes can increase weight by 3/4 lbs

It just occured to me tonight that I have my monthly friend so it probably didn't help. Went out for a walk tonight instead and intend to get out over the next couple of nights too. Just feeling ****ty... My leader said she'd put it down as a holiday so not so bad

• Advertisement

I weighed in boots once and was 1lb up, almost didnt go to class and turns out i was 3lb down, i dont trust them anymore and havent been back. Plus your were prob wearing more clothes. Also when im on a star week im always up a little or maintain, i balloon on my star week, hold everything and i get so bloated i could be 4mths gone!!

That is fab, go you!!
    Lost 1.5lbs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Danniboo

I'm only back doing it two weeks, second weigh in 2night, I lost 6lbs first week. Here is a sample of my day I posted it a couple of pages back as well

Breakfast 2 weetabix with banana n few manadrins

Snack muller fat free Greek yogurt 1/2syn with manadrins n apple

Lunch soup either potatoe n leek or a tomatoe n veg. With 2 slices Dunnes store better for u bread 5 syns

Snack apple or pear n manadrins

Dinner usually pasta with loads of super free sauce. Not to much pasta tho and either less then 5% fat mince or plain cod.

Some nights chips with slender choice sausages n a salad.

Snack another yoghurt n fruit.

I did eat chocolate birthday cake, steak with pepper sauce, potatoes n veg with garlic oil. I also had couple of low fat crisps n some low fat chocolate maybe 2 bars.

I'm the same as Emma I need to be prepared, I failed last time as I didn't prepare enough. N made bad choices instead

Thanks for that, need to sit down at the weekend and plan my meals for next week. I've my Christmas party this weekend and the afters of a wedding so that's going to be challenging. Had a look at the menu so going to see what the best option is. :confused: It's an Italian restaurant. How does this sound:

Starters: Minestrone Soup
    Mains: Salmon and Prawn and Skewers with Rice
    Dessert: Going to skip it !!!!!
    Drinks: Will probably have 1 or two glasses of wine and then go on to a spirit with diet mixer.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

I might be a bit late with this, but please try not get too disheartened. I know that's sometimes easier said than done, but just forget that. Every scales is different, and you won't know exactly how you have done unless you stand on the SW scales, as thats the one that's been monitoring you. If you just forget about boots, and try to get to a class tonight or tomorrow, it'll help get you back on track. try not to let it upset you too much.

I've done the super speedy soup. It's yum, but I can't face putting baked beans in it so I put a tin of mixed beans in, instead! :) Also, I saw someone mention they put parsnips and potato in their soup, as these are not superfree I'd avoid these as much as possible in your soup. although they are tasty!

I have my weigh in tonight. I did the scan-bran challenge the week before last and ended up going up an 1/5 lb last wednesday so by god it better be gone tonight! I also haven't had the best of weeks as I am on holidays so fingers crossed I can even get that 1/5 lb back off, and I'll be happy with that!

Yay go you! Say you were delighted getting your stone.

I lost a pound this week, so I got my half stone :-)

ah I'm so happy, really motivated to keep my behaviour at it's best :-p

well done on the half stone! the stickers have begun :)

to anyone weighing at home, please don't take it for granted
    all scales are different
    the point of slimming world meetings is to get a consistent weigh in from the same scales at the same time of the day once a week

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭boxercreations

Dair wrote: »
    Not a great week, had to work sat we had an emergency, so bad food day, drive to kk sun morning crisps and chocoate and white bread!!!! Cork yesterday morning for work, sandwichs and scones only food on offer, so needs must... back to meath for work this morning for 5am jambon and sausage sandwich so far :( Not being prepared sucks!!! il go swimming tonight to try pull back something and no more syns today. pretty disheratened though i might see 1under 11on the scales tomorrow but i doubt it now. plus wedding all next weekend so thats not going to work in my favour
    That happened to me far too often - and I'd end up eating stuff I didn't want with the excuse there was nothing else available. Now I always make sure I have a banana, an aldi less than 70 cals muesli bar and a satsuma in the car - pull into a garage for a packet of ham and I can eat all of it for less than the cals in 2 plain bits of white bread. And now I've made the change I've done it when at a hotel conference, instead of the bar meals I went out for a walk and had my lunch outside. OK so it's not exciting eating but really only ever 8 hours away from the next meal at most & I've decided I want the weight loss more than the food.(If you like tinned fish it's a great one to keep in the car as well)
    lost 48lb since June 25th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

can i just check is the muller light fat free vanilla 175g yoghurt free? also what about the vanilla with dark chocolate bits?

All the muller light fat free are free except the cherry underlay and cheesecake. Also the Greek style fat free are half a syn each :)

God it's been another tough weekend, thank god it's nearly over. Went out with family to bring my little girl on Santa train. Had a ball, we went to Nando and I got butterfly chicken, spicy rice and side salad only 6 1/2 syns. Then on train I had mince pie ummm so worth the 11 syns had crisps for 3. So overall was good I'm over my limit by 5 1/2 but could be a lot worst. As she got selection box off Santa and every1 got chips in Nando's and I didn't even eat 1.

Weigh in on Tuesday, have been eating all my 15 syns every day. First time to ever do that but it's stopped me giving up or going out on major binge of junk food

morning

how was everyone's weekend? Mine wasn't sooo bad

my week was better than expected, I had my friends graduation on tuesday (elephant and castle chicken wings!) then took my other housemate out to dinner on wednesday to Les Freres Jacques. Oh my god, it was amazing!
    4 course meal of deliciousness! while it wasn't the healthiest, it certainly was freshly cooked, proper food, so I actually felt much better eating it. the food in elephant and castle was so salty, I just didn't enjoy it after I got over the initial flavour buzz, I don't think I'd go back to be honest

those were my two worst days, or should I say meals. I made a point of staying on plan as much as possible. lots of gym time, proper breakfasts, bringing in lunch to work, fruit for snacks etc.

I got quite ill over the week and had to be put on steroids, not impressed at all :(
    but feeling better now, and confined myself to the pool/sauna to stop myself having the temptation to eat (steroids always make me feel ravenous!)

so I'm hoping the work I put in this week will show by a maintain or even better a nice wee loss
    fingers crossed!

• Advertisement

morning

how was everyone's weekend? Mine wasn't sooo bad

my week was better than expected, I had my friends graduation on tuesday (elephant and castle chicken wings!) then took my other housemate out to dinner on wednesday to Les Freres Jacques. Oh my god, it was amazing!
    4 course meal of deliciousness! while it wasn't the healthiest, it certainly was freshly cooked, proper food, so I actually felt much better eating it. the food in elephant and castle was so salty, I just didn't enjoy it after I got over the initial flavour buzz, I don't think I'd go back to be honest

those were my two worst days, or should I say meals. I made a point of staying on plan as much as possible. lots of gym time, proper breakfasts, bringing in lunch to work, fruit for snacks etc.

I got quite ill over the week and had to be put on steroids, not impressed at all :(
    but feeling better now, and confined myself to the pool/sauna to stop myself having the temptation to eat (steroids always make me feel ravenous!)

so I'm hoping the work I put in this week will show by a maintain or even better a nice wee loss
    fingers crossed!

Hopefully you get a nice loss. It's tough going at time but once you don't let one bad meal ruin a week, we will all be grand. I've never been on steroids but maybe just try snack on super free or have bit extra free food

Maintanined last week but i had a 3 day wedding for the weekend, i had sooo much fun and its the first time in months i went off plan for more than2 meals. I did my best but the alcohol was flowing so i was all over the place with syns :) Its ok though, il prob go up but it was worth it, back on track since yesterday, swimming tonight so fingers crossed i wont be gaining too much tomorrow.

Down 2lbs woo hoo. Delighted with that, had a mad weekend so pleased.

Down 2lbs woo hoo. Delighted with that, had a mad weekend so pleased.

woo hoo
    well done

I don't know what's happening tonight, i was hoping for a small loss but I was craving carbs all day yesterday, went to bed after having a bowl of porridge!
    this is including my dinner and a small slice of curry loaf

on the bright side, I made it to the gym this lunchtime and I had the best interval session ever
    increased all my speed, resistance and stamina :-D

Dair congrats on maintane

Danniboo woohoo that's a great loss, would love that myself tonight.

Emma best of luck in weigh in.

I'm dreading weigh in, have use all 15 syns and some days a few more but hopefully I'll get a small loss. Have been out every day walking and usually I don't. Walked 5 miles yesterday nearly killed me, was disgusted as I use to do that walk every day after having my daughter two years ago.

Got college night out after weigh in, so depending on result will see how much I drink

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭mkhall

Hey everyone, just joined slimming world last night. Im still confused as to how many syns to allow myself. I know it's between 5-15 but that seems like a big variation to me. (Had 10 tonight on a dolmio stir in) how many syns would you guys recommend? Also, I am in college and eat on the go for three days out of the week. I normally go to subway but because of all the bread id be worried about overdoing on the syns! Any ideas are where to find something SW friendly in Dublin2? Thanks!

blah, half a pound down

i know a loss is a loss, but i feel like I could do so much more.
    I work so hard in the gym and my meals are excellent, I just get so complacent about the snacks I have and eat them mindlessly

it's hard to complain about a loss when people are gaining, I always feel like I've no right to, but I feel like I can do so much better.

came home and called my boyfriend, just wanted him to listen but before I could even get out any disappointment he suggested a food diary to help the progress
    I know he's looking out for me and only wants to see my efforts get their rewards, but I just wanted him to listen, not make suggestions
    by the end of the call, I felt so deflated I ate all the hifi bars I bought tonight :-/
    that's 6 chocolate caramel hifi light bars, and 3 berry bakewell bars :(

blah, half a pound down

i know a loss is a loss, but i feel like I could do so much more.
    I work so hard in the gym and my meals are excellent, I just get so complacent about the snacks I have and eat them mindlessly

it's hard to complain about a loss when people are gaining, I always feel like I've no right to, but I feel like I can do so much better.

came home and called my boyfriend, just wanted him to listen but before I could even get out any disappointment he suggested a food diary to help the progress
    I know he's looking out for me and only wants to see my efforts get their rewards, but I just wanted him to listen, not make suggestions
    by the end of the call, I felt so deflated I ate all the hifi bars I bought tonight :-/
    that's 6 chocolate caramel hifi light bars, and 3 berry bakewell bars :(

Well done on being half a pound down, have you seen what a half pound of fat actually looks like it's loads.

Don't let one bad day/one bad week ruin all your efforts. It's a lifestyle not a diet so there's going to be good and bad days, like everything else in life;) xx

Well done on being half a pound down, have you seen what a half pound of fat actually looks like it's loads.

Don't let one bad day/one bad week ruin all your efforts. It's a lifestyle not a diet so there's going to be good and bad days, like everything else in life;) xx

Thanks

I really do know that half a pound of fat is good and that it's a lifestyle choice, not a quick fix

And I'm really not trying to beat myself up, but I really believe I can do so much better
    I let so many things slip and pick where I shouldn't.
    Trying to start fresh with a food diary today and hopefully that will help keep me focused through the week

• Advertisement

Well done Emma. You're doing great :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement