Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 lilythepinked

Yea, I love slimming worlds approach. But I've put on a few pounds over the summer. Got to get back on the 'straight and narrow' - TOMORROW. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

-2.5 this week & slimmer of the week! Only half a pound to my stone award, Not bad for 7 weeks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

2.5 off and slimmer of the week too, 1.5 away from my 2 stone award and 13.5 away from target. I'm going on holidays now though for two weeks, hope I don't screw it up too much!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Shadow1983 wrote: »
    2.5 off and slimmer of the week too, 1.5 away from my 2 stone award and 13.5 away from target. I'm going on holidays now though for two weeks, hope I don't screw it up too much!!
    Don't worry about that too much, make sure you have fun! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

1.5 off for me again. It's going a bit slow for me at the moment, which is odd because I have a few stone to lose, been 100% on plan, track everything and had good losses last time round. Ah well, maybe I'm due a whoosh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

Nailz wrote:
    Don't worry about that too much, make sure you have fun!

Thanks Nailz, I'll be better than I was this time last year, planning to try to stay on plan as much as possible food wise but the wine will be my weakness!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Anybody bought any fancy trackers or planners that help them ?

I know pen and paper does the job but some like the novelty ( me )

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Areas

I know a few people in my group have the Naked Blondie food diary. I have the blue SW planner at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭fishy_fishy

Another 1lb gone. I seem to be running at about a pound a week for the last month.

In a way I'd like it to be better, but it's very sustainable as it is. Plus I think it's going to get tougher now. On two counts actually. Firstly my BMI is now 21.5 so I think it'll be harder to keep losing. And secondly it's coming into autumn. It'll be hard to keep eating salads and stuff. Will have to figure out a more winter-friendly way to do SW.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I have one from Blooming Gorgeous (bought online) which is laid out exactly how I like it. I irrationally hate the layout of the SW one!

• Advertisement

Weigh-in yesterday evening; lost 2lb since last week!
    Pretty happy with that, however I would've liked a bit more as I felt my week deserved it, but you can't complain with 2lb all the same. It brought me down to a nice round figure in terms of stone and lb, and I'm only 4lb away from my 3 stone award, so why not aim for that this week? :)

I have my 1st gain this week. 1.5lbs. I had followed the plan last week and did my body magic but I feel like I'm carrying around a rock in my stomach. I'm not disappointed because I know that if I continue this week and drink my water etc I will see it on the scales next week.

It can happen to anyone. Just get back up again. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

I'm down 6.5lb in 3 weeks.

It's amazing how it works. I spent the last few months trying to calorie count instead of slimming world, but it doesn't have the same effect. Hopefully I will have lost 2 stone by December. I'm going to get back into the gym when I start back at college next month. So hopefully I see bigger weekly losses then.

I'm down 6.5lb in 3 weeks.

It's amazing how it works. I spent the last few months trying to calorie count instead of slimming world, but it doesn't have the same effect. Hopefully I will have lost 2 stone by December. I'm going to get back into the gym when I start back at college next month. So hopefully I see bigger weekly losses then.
    Are you based close to your college? And if not will you be relocating to a new SW branch or continuing on yourself?

I'm starting my PhD in Galway next month (I'm from Cavan) and I'm not sure whether to even bother going to a branch down there, instead I might just carry on myself and see how I get for the first while...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Nailz wrote: »
    Are you based close to your college? And if not will you be relocating to a new SW branch or continuing on yourself?

I'm starting my PhD in Galway next month (I'm from Cavan) and I'm not sure whether to even bother going to a branch down there, instead I might just carry on myself and see how I get for the first while...

I have never went to a slimming world class. My mum signed up on line, we learned a lot about slimming world and how it works from the website. We no longer have the membership but we know how it works, so do it ourselves.

I'm only a 20 minute DART ride from my house to my college so it's handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

Week 17 down 2.5lbs = 38.5lbs total , Thrilled, still no exercise as of yet. Onwards and downwards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Valyawl wrote: »
    Week 17 down 2.5lbs = 38.5lbs total , Thrilled, still no exercise as of yet. Onwards and downwards

that's fantastic! I'm 24 pounds down after 20 weeks. Exercising every day but not synning the drink! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

0.5lb down tonight which got me my stone award :D I'm delighted!
    I did well loosing what I did, it was my Bday yesterday so I went out for dinner & demolished a huge pizza & then had lots of cake!
    Next mini goal is my Club10 - only 4.5lb away.

My friends are sending me pictures of breakfast rolls.. apparently it's funny! really struggling to keep my mind focused on my goal.

• Advertisement

My friends are sending me pictures of breakfast rolls.. apparently it's funny! really struggling to keep my mind focused on my goal.

Write down the reasons why you are doing this and keep repeating it to yourself. After a few weeks you don't even see the "bad" food anymore if you remain focused.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭cazzer22

Hi guys. Have been struggling the last while and am keeping a food diary this week to 'hopefully' get a good loss. It's so difficult during summer, but I'm trying to eat other things and not eat late at night. Cannot get to the bloody four stone. Have been stuck between 3 and half and 3 10 for the last 8 weeks. Anyone got any motivation lying around?

I'm on the same boat. Put weight back on over summer. Finding it hard to shift. Will get up and running again. Don't give up. :)

Just got a message from my consultant that I have been nominated for Woman of the Year for my class, I feel guilty going as I do not stay to class not sure how I have motivated anyone!

Valyawl wrote: »
    Just got a message from my consultant that I have been nominated for Woman of the Year for my class, I feel guilty going as I do not stay to class not sure how I have motivated anyone!

Does your group have a Facebook page? Maybe people see what you're cooking and success you've had there?

Yes they do and I often post in that, maybe that's it. Thanks fishy_fishy for your comment!

-2lb. Got 2 more awards, starting to get a blingy book!

Down 2.5lbs this week bringing me to 2 stone 6 pounds. I have a holiday week booked next week as I'm going away for a few days but I'm really hoping that when I weigh in in 2 weeks time that I'll be getting my 2.5 stone award!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭2010RACHEL

Had been doing really well had 2 1/2 stone off in about 3 monthsish. Since school holidays with children being off and some other stresses going on put some back on and not been to classes. Hoping to rejoin when kids are back at school journaling and really upping the exercise to try get back on track. Have been much bigger than I am now but am really feeling the bit of extra weight.

Reading some of the other results really getting me motivated and get my head back in the game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Areas wrote: »
    Write down the reasons why you are doing this and keep repeating it to yourself. After a few weeks you don't even see the "bad" food anymore if you remain focused.

Yup. I have a photo of me at my heaviest where I looked dire and I keep going back to it any time I feel my resolve weakening!

I got vanilla flavoured rice milk yesterday and made a smoothie with it and frozen berries and chopped banana. Amazing and dairy free! The frozen berries make the smoothie that bit slushy too which is great. 120 calories per cup so about 6 syns but well spent and very filling.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement