Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Dair

freaking out about weigh in later, no exercise this week at all, sick all week so lots of comfort picking, have been worse but also better. lots of honey and lemon which is not going to be great i have a bad feeling :( All in all not great week for weight loss me thinks!!
    Everyone seems to be doing well, keep it up, XMAS is almost here xx

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭CuteStuff

Don't worry Dair, I am in the same boat. Weigh in later and I don't think I lost anything. It was my birthday weekend and if you can't go out for a nice meal and a bit of cake for your birthday what's the point?!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭emma_mc123

one and a half down :)

got my club 10 award too!

I'm so delighted! was a bit shocked considering the amount of grazing I did from thursday night and saturday night

going to try and have a full good week to get my best possible result for my last weigh in before christmas :-D
    totally motivated :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭CuteStuff

emma_mc123 wrote: »

I'm so delighted! was a bit shocked considering the amount of grazing I did from thursday night and saturday night

going to try and have a full good week to get my best possible result for my last weigh in before christmas :-D
    Well done!!! You must be over the moon!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Danniboo

Well done x

• Advertisement

thanks everyone, I'm absolutely delighted

So happy, the last 8 or 9 weeks I've been constantly going down
    some weeks only a half, others 2.5
    it's really all contributing. Don't want to break that "winning streak"

Well done Emma, and thanks cute stuff, im going to have a salad for lunch and face the scales later, prayers to the skinny god for a maintain :)

thanks everyone, I'm absolutely delighted

So happy, the last 8 or 9 weeks I've been constantly going down
    some weeks only a half, others 2.5
    it's really all contributing. Don't want to break that "winning streak"

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Jewow

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has any tips for eating out as I'm going to a concert at the weekend in the o2 in Dublin and will be going for dinner before hand, anyone can recommend a restaurant that would be even better so I can look it up and be prepared!!

Jewow wrote: »
    Hi, I was wondering if anyone has any tips for eating out as I'm going to a concert at the weekend in the o2 in Dublin and will be going for dinner before hand, anyone can recommend a restaurant that would be even better so I can look it up and be prepared!!

do you have any ideas where the restaurant is? near the O2 or in town?

most restaurants will have something available for you

but always remember, calories pile up on the sides
    your side dishes, dressings, after dinner coffees and desserts

if you have any ideas on restaurants, let me know and I'll help you look up
    favourite past time to see what's good in restaurants :-p

1 and 1/2 down, im so over the moon i actually cant believe it!!! 3 more pounds and 2 stone gone :) il do my best over the festive season to hit that target.

Im going to that concert too and spending the weekend in dublin after it. im not worried too much, i booked a hotel with pool so intend to use it both days to keep on track as much as is possible.

• Advertisement

Dair wrote: »
    1 and 1/2 down, im so over the moon i actually cant believe it!!! 3 more pounds and 2 stone gone :) il do my best over the festive season to hit that target.

Im going to that concert too and spending the weekend in dublin after it. im not worried too much, i booked a hotel with pool so intend to use it both days to keep on track as much as is possible.

you can do it! christmas is only one day, and it's the coffee table treats that will have more to look out for than the actual christmas dinner

one thing I have learned over the last 3 months, i can always have fun in good company. I don't need that drink, dessert or giant box of popcorn
    if you are with the right people, you don't need the indulging snacks :)

Guys does anyone know if the Dunnes Better For You Granary Bread can be counted as a Healthy Option? I know one of them is but don't think it's the Granary, grabbed it by mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Danniboo wrote: »
    Guys does anyone know if the Dunnes Better For You Granary Bread can be counted as a Healthy Option? I know one of them is but don't think it's the Granary, grabbed it by mistake.

Could be wrong but I think it's the whole meal one and you get 3 slices as its only 2 syns a slice. However I love the granary and just syn it for 2 and a half but its worth it

bulmersgal wrote: »
    Could be wrong but I think it's the whole meal one and you get 3 slices as its only 2 syns a slice. However I love the granary and just syn it for 2 and a half but its worth it

Thats grand, it was coming up as 3 for me on syns online but 2 and a half is even better

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Jewow

do you have any ideas where the restaurant is? near the O2 or in town?

most restaurants will have something available for you

but always remember, calories pile up on the sides
    your side dishes, dressings, after dinner coffees and desserts

if you have any ideas on restaurants, let me know and I'll help you look up
    favourite past time to see what's good in restaurants :-p

I'm thinking of maybe going to Eddie Rockets but I wonder if anyone can help me with my choices, I think a plain hot dog could come in about 15 syns!
    Any suggestions greatly appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭mkhall

Jewow wrote: »

I'm thinking of maybe going to Eddie Rockets but I wonder if anyone can help me with my choices, I think a plain hot dog could come in about 15 syns!
    Any suggestions greatly appreciated :)
    Ive been going to nandos while on sw. Think the butterfly chicken is 3.5 syns and I also get the rice for three more syns. You could also get the corn on the cob and side salad for 0 syns, just ask them to hold the butter!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

I love nando's it really feels great eating out and knowing your still on plan :-)

Well how'd everyone get on over the weekend, I was very bold and I wanted a good loss this week, be glad now if I stay the same :(

We have a taster tonight and I haven't made anything for it, any suggestions anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭miss choc

I've gotta feeling I'll be up work Christmas lunch last week, brunch with the girls yesterday and sneaky glasses of wine will be happy with a maintain. Hoping all the walking I did Christmas shopping will help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭boxercreations

I made my Christmas goal a week early - that's 45lb lost since June 25th & 64lb in total since end of May. Flipping chuffed. Last New Year I was in a size 22 - this year it's a 12.

• Advertisement

Well how'd everyone get on over the weekend, I was very bold and I wanted a good loss this week, be glad now if I stay the same :(

We have a taster tonight and I haven't made anything for it, any suggestions anyone?

Falafel. Just cos I fancy some ;) and it's really quick to do if you have a food processor. Whizz up - make into balls and put in fridge. Fry off just before you go to group. Whizz up some garlic, seasoning & fat free fromage frais for a dip.

I made my Christmas goal a week early - that's 45lb lost since June 25th & 64lb in total since end of May. Flipping chuffed. Last New Year I was in a size 22 - this year it's a 12.

Congratulations thats amazing xxxx:D

Congratulations thats amazing xxxx:D
    Thanks. It's hard to get my head around, I keep thinking it's a fluke when a 12 fits and I still feel bigger - guess my brain needs to catch up. Another stone and a bit to go and I'm at target - which should make me a lean 12 I hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭clicli

I have just started Slimming world online, I work rotating shifts so joining a class was out. Everyone on here seems to be doing so well, how do you all plan on coping with Christmas? I will be staying with my boyfriend's brother and sister and law for five days over Christmas and won't have much say in what I eat or how it's cooked. I think I will just have to put that week down as a write off and start again when I get home.

I have about two stone to lose, hopefully this time for good! My weight has yoyoed for the last few years but I am determined this time it will be gone for good :)

clicli wrote: »
    I have just started Slimming world online, I work rotating shifts so joining a class was out. Everyone on here seems to be doing so well, how do you all plan on coping with Christmas? I will be staying with my boyfriend's brother and sister and law for five days over Christmas and won't have much say in what I eat or how it's cooked. I think I will just have to put that week down as a write off and start again when I get home.

I have about two stone to lose, hopefully this time for good! My weight has yoyoed for the last few years but I am determined this time it will be gone for good :)

Hi - I do SW online too. I used to strictly keep my diary and fit log and still go back to it if I flounder. I'm going out for lunch with friends this week, as driving no probs with drink - decided I am having some sort of roast meal but without the stuffing, gravy or roast potatoes. I'll order extra veg or a salad. Dessert doesn't bother me too much and I'll just have tea.
    Xmas Day - pretty much the same plan - melon to start, roast without too many spuds and no gravy, a few glasses red wine & some Xmas Pudding with a homemade creme anglaise. Teatime - cold meats and salad - no bread.
    Of course there's bound to be a few Roses & a mince pie along the way but doing a 10km charity walk on St.Stephen's Day - so hope to minimise the damage.
    I've got my "It's only one day" head on this year hope to be on plan most of the time.
    Good Luck

Hi - I do SW online too. I used to strictly keep my diary and fit log and still go back to it if I flounder. I'm going out for lunch with friends this week, as driving no probs with drink - decided I am having some sort of roast meal but without the stuffing, gravy or roast potatoes. I'll order extra veg or a salad. Dessert doesn't bother me too much and I'll just have tea.
    Xmas Day - pretty much the same plan - melon to start, roast without too many spuds and no gravy, a few glasses red wine & some Xmas Pudding with a homemade creme anglaise. Teatime - cold meats and salad - no bread.
    Of course there's bound to be a few Roses & a mince pie along the way but doing a 10km charity walk on St.Stephen's Day - so hope to minimise the damage.
    I've got my "It's only one day" head on this year hope to be on plan most of the time.
    Good Luck

I thought potatoes are free:confused:

Down another 1lb and a half. Can't believe it, I felt like I was up. Loving Slimming World :D

WOW go you!!!

how do i make this??? cna you give me your reciepe??

Falafel. Just cos I fancy some ;) and it's really quick to do if you have a food processor. Whizz up - make into balls and put in fridge. Fry off just before you go to group. Whizz up some garlic, seasoning & fat free fromage frais for a dip.[/QUOTE]

• Advertisement

How do i make this?? Can you give me your reciepe please????
    Falafel. Just cos I fancy some ;) and it's really quick to do if you have a food processor. Whizz up - make into balls and put in fridge. Fry off just before you go to group. Whizz up some garlic, seasoning & fat free fromage frais for a dip.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement