Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Danniboo wrote: »
    I thought potatoes are free:confused:

Potatos are free as long as you cook them in Frylight or something similar, as are boiled potatoes. Roasted potatoes on the other hand done in anything other than Frylight are not.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭boxercreations

Dair wrote: »
    how do i make this??? cna you give me your reciepe??

Falafel. Just cos I fancy some ;) and it's really quick to do if you have a food processor. Whizz up - make into balls and put in fridge. Fry off just before you go to group. Whizz up some garlic, seasoning & fat free fromage frais for a dip.
    [/QUOTE]

Makes 18 Mini Falafels

Ingredients

2 Wholemeal slices of bread (400g loaf) 1Heb or 6syn
    1 400g chickpeas (s)(sff)
    1tsp cumin
    1egg (ff)
    2tbsp chopped coriander
    1tsp chilli flakes (s)(sff)
    100g Roasted red peppers (s)(sff)
    2 spring onions (s)(sff)

Method

In a food processor reduce the ingredients to a smooth paste, put in a small bowl and cover, place in the fridge until the mixture is firm, remove and form into small size “burgers”

Heat a frying pan and spray with Fry Light, cook in batches on both sides, remove and allow to cool.

Serve with salad and dip or stuffed in a wholemeal pitta (but remember to syn it as used HEB in the falafel)

I thought potatoes are free:confused:
    Potatoes are free but if I'm drinking alcohol I cut out white carbs (apart from cauliflower) - it's not a SW thing - just my own doing. It's meant I have had meals out, nights out etc and not had a gain in 6 months just the odd sts. But I do still steal the odd chip from OH or kids portions - just know if I ordered them/had them on my plate I'd keep picking until it I'd had the lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Sts this week, happy enough as lost 3lbs last week and wasn't following plan 100%. My Ma missed her target by a half pound and 5 people in group got there target

Down only 1lb this week although to be fair I did have a lovely cheese filled meal in Milanos after seeing Oliver! last week.

Bit of a let down though when I had lost 5.5lbs the week before that and 6.5lbs the week before that...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Dair

almost a stone in 3 weeks!!! nothing to be down about thats taking me 3 months!!! Enjoy the loss
    Achilles wrote: »
    Down only 1lb this week although to be fair I did have a lovely cheese filled meal in Milanos after seeing Oliver! last week.

Bit of a let down though when I had lost 5.5lbs the week before that and 6.5lbs the week before that...

almost a stone in 3 weeks!!! nothing to be down about thats taking me 3 months!!! Enjoy the loss

Thanks! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,579 ✭✭✭kingshankly

That's 13lb gone in 3 weeks that's brilliant
    Go google an image of a 1lb of fat and you will see what a big deal 13 of them is

That's some great losses you've had. A pound is not to be dismissed - it's great going.

1and half up but its a star week and a crazy wknd so for once im ok with it :) back on the wagong again so all will be good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Danniboo

1and half up but its a star week and a crazy wknd so for once im ok with it :) back on the wagong again so all will be good

Whats a star week?

The dreaded time of the month:mad:
    Whats a star week?

The dreaded time of the month:mad:

Ha thought as much:o I had to ask didn't I

No worries, i always get so bloated and retain, every single month, if i get weighed in morning il be fine but as the day goes on.....i seem to expand!!
    Ha thought as much:o I had to ask didn't I

Yeah me too! Ohhh no wait I'm a bloke... :P

Yeah me too! Ohhh no wait I'm a bloke... :P

I heard sarcasm makes you gain you'd wanna watch that :p

I heard sarcasm makes you gain you'd wanna watch that :p

Oops! :P

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Well done Achilles. You're flying it! :)

I went up 3lbs last night, but I was really happy with that. I'm back after 2 weeks holidays of eating and drinking loads!! Sure ya have to when you're in a hot climate :D

As my leader said to me last night.... ''It's not what you do between Christmas and New Year... It's what you do between New Year and Christmas that matters''

:D

ChewChew wrote: »
    Well done Achilles. You're flying it! :)

I went up 3lbs last night, but I was really happy with that. I'm back after 2 weeks holidays of eating and drinking loads!! Sure ya have to when you're in a hot climate :D

As my leader said to me last night.... ''It's not what you do between Christmas and New Year... It's what you do between New Year and Christmas that matters''

:D

Yeap the build up to Christmas and then the week or two after is supposed to be the worst. Thank god I don't like mince pies

Had my first totally off plan day yesterday from 7pm until 7pm tonight since starting SW. Dinner was chicken and ham salad at 500 cals, breakfast was cooked Irish but no eggs or sausages and again about 500 cals, dinner was 2 slices pizza and salad. Snacks - glass of oj, satsuma and melon and a homemade cupcake (small). Not looking too bad really - until you add in my boozy night out - 6 pints lager, a vodka and SL tonic and a glass of sherry clocks up a stonking 1200 calories or 60 syns!!! Am now on a no more food until morning regime then another day of fruit/veg/protein only - no crap ... then the same Xmas Eve or I'll undo all my efforts this month in less than a week.

• Advertisement

Up 2lbs this week, very disappointed but what can you do.

Try not to be too disheartened. I know it's hard, but it's such a tough time of the year. I'm looking forward to January 2nd just for the routine, if nothing else. I'll obviously miss all the goodies and snacks but right now I'm missing my routine. Only 8 days to go :)

Up 2lbs this week, very disappointed but what can you do.
    I was up a pound as well - bit gutted as resisted all mince pies, desserts etc, had pizza and beer one night and that's all it took .... bah humbug.
    Mind you if I wasn't weighing I could have put on 7lb by now :rolleyes:

Hows everyone doing, i've consumed 369 syns this week: eek: Have to try and get down the gym or something.

Not good Danniboo. weigh in tonight, so that should kick me in to shape!! Can't wait to get back to my routine. I was away for the few days at christmas so you know yourself, it's hard when you're not cooking yourself. I got home last night and made a beautiful SW dinner, and this morning weighed my cereal! So back at it now, just have to stick with it for the next few days till I get back to work!

I had two days off plan, Christmas day and Christmas Party Day in work... I have no idea how I'm down 5.5lbs this week considering I had like 10 pints of Guinness at the work do and I lost count of the amount of alchohol I had on Christmas day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

I lost a pound but it was earlier weigh in then normal and would usually eat dinner. Next weigh in is Tuesday, so I'm hoping for another loss been good past two days. Well went to cinema and had some popcorn but plan is too stay within 8 syns or less a day between now and weigh in. 3.5lbs off my first stone and would love to get that this week unlikely though but still going to try

I went up 3lbs. not half bad because I haven't really been in to it for the past 4/5 weeks, especially with holidays and that. So I'm back on track, I got straight into it this morning so I'm happy out now. Got my new pack too. so here's to the next year ahead! bring it on :D

ChewChew wrote: »
    I went up 3lbs. not half bad because I haven't really been in to it for the past 4/5 weeks, especially with holidays and that. So I'm back on track, I got straight into it this morning so I'm happy out now. Got my new pack too. so here's to the next year ahead! bring it on :D
    Is the new pack much different? Worth having?
    I do SW online and so have never had books but my mememership ran out Xmas Eve and thought about joining class doing a 6 week countdown to get the books - might be handier than having to look up online all the time.
    Bring it on is right - I've sickened myself this week, looking forward to a bit of discipline.

• Advertisement

No it's not much different at all. There's a few changes in the healthy A & B sections. But nothing major although nuts and seeds are introduced into the healthy B

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement