Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

A pound and a half done. So over Xmas I lost 2 and a half whoop whoop only 2 more pound till my stone, then 1 till my club ten

Decided to start exercising to help speed up my loss. Went to kettle bell class this morning and already sore and stiff :-( hopefully see good result next Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

bulmersgal wrote: »
    Decided to start exercising to help speed up my loss. Went to kettle bell class this morning and already sore and stiff :-( hopefully see good result next Tuesday

Don't expect too much if you're not already in a routine of exercise.

Your body may actually hold on to extra weight when you start exercising so that it has fuel for your exercise.

I'm going to be good with my diet and do food diary but will prob take few weeks for work outs to show but they should show eventually. Either on scales or my clothes being too big :)

On that note uh I need to buy new trousers all my weight seems to be coming off my legs so my jeans all baggy, great in one way but no money to buy new ones so just have to wear dresses till I get some funds

bulmersgal wrote: »
    I'm going to be good with my diet and do food diary but will prob take few weeks for work outs to show but they should show eventually. Either on scales or my clothes being too big :)

On that note uh I need to buy new trousers all my weight seems to be coming off my legs so my jeans all baggy, great in one way but no money to buy new ones so just have to wear dresses till I get some funds

I know how you feel! Since gaining weight I used to just wear trousers with short legs around my waist instead of the way you're supposed to wear them and I can't do that anymore! Even trying to hold them up with my belly (which they wouldn't fit over at one point) isn't working anymore.

Don't have alot of cash to be buying new clothes either so it is a hassle in one way and brilliant in another.

I took a short three day trip to London back in October and bought 54" waist trousers from a shop on eBay. They fit properly whilst wearing them around my stomach and I could get around without them feeling loose or anything.

I tried them on the other night and they're miles too big for me now, literally 4 or 5 inches between me and the trouser waist.

That's a great feeling isn't it? The thought though that I paid €30 for something that I can't wear anymore though isn't. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Danniboo

Achilles wrote: »
    I know how you feel! Since gaining weight I used to just wear trousers with short legs around my waist instead of the way you're supposed to wear them and I can't do that anymore! Even trying to hold them up with my belly (which they wouldn't fit over at one point) isn't working anymore.

Don't have alot of cash to be buying new clothes either so it is a hassle in one way and brilliant in another.

I took a short three day trip to London back in October and bought 54" waist trousers from a shop on eBay. They fit properly whilst wearing them around my stomach and I could get around without them feeling loose or anything.

I tried them on the other night and they're miles too big for me now, literally 4 or 5 inches between me and the trouser waist.

That's a great feeling isn't it? The thought though that I paid €30 for something that I can't wear anymore though isn't. :P

Slightly off topic but Littlewoods have a great sale on some really cheap jeans and trousers. 40% interest if buying on credit but if you pay immediately it can be worth it. Got myself a new adidas tracksuit for €21.50 no excuse to dodge the gym now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭clicli

I joined Slimming World in December, probably picked the worst time to join due to celebrating my Birthday and then Christmas away from home. I have managed to put on 6 pounds in total since I joined. I am shaming myself into getting organised by posting this here as I am doing SW online, I work late shifts so can't join a group.

So new year and new slimmer me is the plan and hopefully will be posting up losses instead of gains in the next few weeks.

I have dresses luckily which will do me till I get target, prob have to pop into penney's at some stage but don't want to buy much. As I'm in between sizes so rather just wait till few more pound is gone.

Clicli even though you put on some weight imagine how much more you could of put on if you didn't join.

I can't wait to see all my losses this year, I'm determined this is the year I see my target and stay there. Sick of quitting other diets and putting on more weight

Well went back to the gym this evening and weighed myself while I was there as I took a holiday from class this week. I'm up 1lb since Christmas eve which i'm pretty happy with. I know thats 3lbs over the last couple of weeks but it could have been a hell of a lot worse and it's a star week ;) Back on the straight today, updated my food diary, will be a tight week if I want a loss as i've no syns left but here's to getting back in to it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I renewed my SW online membership on the 1st and am back on track. I did it for 3 months last year and am happy to say I started this year 16lb than I did 2012 so feeling positive!

Have been over my syns both days so far but I'm getting there. Was absolutely starving Tuesday night but haven't been hungry since - think my body was just in shock!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Hey guys, I am joining a SW class on Wednesday.Will be doing a big shop on Friday and am wondering what store cupboard ingredients would be good to stock up on in advance? Thanks in advance and may we all reach our slim and fabulous targets in 2013! :)

Does anyone know how many Syns are in batch loaf?

Danniboo wrote: »
    Does anyone know how many Syns are in batch loaf?

It depends on the brand afaik, if you can tell me that then I can look it up on my online account for you.

It depends on the brand afaik, if you can tell me that then I can look it up on my online account for you.

Just the Brennans bog standard one, can't find the correct info anywhere

Just the Brennans bog standard one, can't find the correct info anywhere

What size is the pack? They don't have it online but if I can get the nutritional info from the Brennan's site then I can work it out for you.

What size is the pack? They don't have it online but if I can get the nutritional info from the Brennan's site then I can work it out for you.

I tried that but can't work out per slice. The pack is 800g, maybe you can figure it out

I tried that but can't work out per slice. The pack is 800g, maybe you can figure it out

Ok so going by the nutritional info on the Brennans site after using the Syn calculator it's 7 Syns per slice on Extra Easy.

If you're on another plan let me know.

Ok so going by the nutritional info on the Brennans site after using the Syn calculator it's 7 Syns per slice on Extra Easy.

If you're on another plan let me know.

Nope that's perfect thanks a mil, thats what I thought but wasn't 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭baktag

Merkin wrote: »
    Hey guys, I am joining a SW class on Wednesday.Will be doing a big shop on Friday and am wondering what store cupboard ingredients would be good to stock up on in advance? Thanks in advance and may we all reach our slim and fabulous targets in 2013! :)

Stock cubes, lots of different herbs and spices, Soy sauce, fish sauce, Fry light, chickpeas for making hummus, pickled beetroot/gherkin/onions, noodles, rice baked beans, tins of chopped tomatoes

So had a total fml morning, got locked out of house without phone. So had to go down to Liffey valley to get my ma's set popped into top shop to see had they anything nice and managed to pick up 4 massive dresses in the sale. Would of been 240 but got them for 53, the best bit was they are smaller then size I normally buy but they fitted perfectly. So I'm having a great day now :-D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Glenn Coco

Hey, I joined SW on Wednesday, so yesterday was my first real diet day. Going to keep updating here to try to keep myself on track. Have set a goal of 2 stone 6 lbs. I'm starting on the extra easy, and going from pretty much no exercise to half an hour a day. Finding it a little bit confusing at the minute, so I'll probably have yer heads wrecked with questions for a while!

Glenn Coco wrote: »
    Hey, I joined SW on Wednesday, so yesterday was my first real diet day. Going to keep updating here to try to keep myself on track. Have set a goal of 2 stone 6 lbs. I'm starting on the extra easy, and going from pretty much no exercise to half an hour a day. Finding it a little bit confusing at the minute, so I'll probably have yer heads wrecked with questions for a while!

Fine by me!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭emma_mc123

Hi Everyone!

how was everyone's Christmas holidays?

mine were lovely and relaxing, used my downtime to get some extra sleep, cooking and gym time :)
    super chilled out, all my housemates were noticing how much more laid back I was lately (not that I'm a stressball all the time!)

stayed nearly on track throughout the holidays, gained 1/2 pound the week before Christmas (birthday celebrations) then a pound on Christmas week.
    but I was totally back on track the day after st Stephens day, and got 3lb down this week :-D

2.5lbs off my 1.5 stone award
    determined to give it my all in January, want to get my new wardrobe soon and don't want to spend much on clothes until I'm on target. Huge incentive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Are eggs super free or just free?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭emma_mc123

deelite wrote: »
    Are eggs super free or just free?

they are just free

superfree are fruits and non starchy vegetables only :)

Wow well done Emma, that's true dedication!

I've been back on SW since Tuesday, feel like it's going really well. I haven't been 100% good but very close. Been making sure to plan all my meals as that's where I fall down if I don't - feeling positive!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

just joined there myself last night, my wife has been going for about 8 months now and has lost almost 5 stone, so i had to join up and slim down or she might run off with the postman! :D

vibe666 wrote: »
    just joined there myself last night, my wife has been going for about 8 months now and has lost almost 5 stone, so i had to join up and slim down or she might run off with the postman! :D

Fair play to her!! It's so much easier when you're both doing it, meals etc are easier and there's no temptations around!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 muirthemne

hey guys....so glad to see this thread!!

I joined Thursday and so far I feel like its going really good!! I am yet another failed WW member, it just didn't work......:( I felt that all the counting of points and what not just turned me off...

I am a big lover of fruit and veg so it looks like this is the thing for me!!!!:D

I am taking part in aerobics classes and some walking....are any of ye doing more(or less) than that and if so....how is that going for ye???

I leave the house at 7.30 in the morning and get home around 5.30(if I'm lucky) so its a chore to get active but hope I'll have a weight loss on Thursday to encourage me!!!!

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Fair play to her!! It's so much easier when you're both doing it, meals etc are easier and there's no temptations around!
    actually, technically speaking i think it's nearly 4.5st on SW in 8 months, and almost another stone she lost before she joined SW, but after she'd given birth to our son, so she's been doing amazingly well. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement