Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Danniboo

I'm so glad I came in here..this all sounds much better than the way I was doing it.

I definitely won't be wasting it on chocolate or anything...I just had a bowl of soup and put a teaspoon of low fat butter on my bread...thought I was in heaven! :D

Can I just ask somethin else that may sound silly....you know the way it says say lean meat is free...but if cooked in oil there are syns in it...do I count those plus the value of the oil itself...because that would be counting the oil twice wouldn't it?

Not 100% but you can cook your meat in Fry Light and don't have to worry about it then ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭emma_mc123

Danniboo wrote: »
    Not 100% but you can cook your meat in Fry Light and don't have to worry about it then ;)

if lean mince (95% fat free) is cooked in fry light, it remains free

don't forget to serve it with your superfree :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I'm so glad I came in here..this all sounds much better than the way I was doing it.

I definitely won't be wasting it on chocolate or anything...I just had a bowl of soup and put a teaspoon of low fat butter on my bread...thought I was in heaven! :D

Can I just ask somethin else that may sound silly....you know the way it says say lean meat is free...but if cooked in oil there are syns in it...do I count those plus the value of the oil itself...because that would be counting the oil twice wouldn't it?

No you just syn the oil.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

It's only a few short weeks now until Shrove Tuesday and I love pancakes. Delighted to have found this on another forum - thought I'd share the recipe for anyone interested!!

You separate 2 eggs + whisk the egg whites until stiff. Whisk in 2-3tbsp sweetener Then fold into the egg yolks (add a little vanilla essence to yolks).

Spray frying pan with fry light and spoon lg spoonfuls of the egg to hot pan. Fry for 1 min then turn over and cook other side.

Serve with fruit + yoghurt or lemon juice + sweetener.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Merkin wrote: »
    It's only a few short weeks now until Shrove Tuesday and I love pancakes. Delighted to have found this on another forum - thought I'd share the recipe for anyone interested!!

You separate 2 eggs + whisk the egg whites until stiff. Whisk in 2-3tbsp sweetener Then fold into the egg yolks (add a little vanilla essence to yolks).

Spray frying pan with fry light and spoon lg spoonfuls of the egg to hot pan. Fry for 1 min then turn over and cook other side.

I've done this before, you have to make sure to flatten down pancake with spatula. I thought they were alright but I'm going to have proper pancakes with my daughter as she's nearly 3 so will really enjoy them this year

• Advertisement

I'm lucky I don't really like pancakes at all :D

Ruined today with surprise trip to Leo burdocks :( going to reduce my syns and up my super free. So want to get my stone

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

bulmersgal wrote: »
    Ruined today with surprise trip to Leo burdocks :( going to reduce my syns and up my super free. So want to get my stone

I'm not being funny but with a plan like this it's all or nothing... you just have to resign yourself to the fact that you CAN NOT have Leo Burdocks stuff no matter what.

It's not easy but you just have to do it.

Achilles wrote: »
    I'm not being funny but with a plan like this it's all or nothing... you just have to resign yourself to the fact that you CAN NOT have Leo Burdocks stuff no matter what.

It's not easy but you just have to do it.

EVER????????????????????????????????????????????????:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I'm going to call it flexible syns so i can have it. I'm at most 20 syns over today's allowance so a few days cutting back and eating more super speed it will be gone.

Also I've gone from having 15 + junk meals a month down to 3. It's a lifestyle change not just a diet. And even with not bring hundred percent I've lost 12lbs in 8 weeks which is the most I've ever lost.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

bulmersgal I wouldn't worry about your Leo Burdocks. At the end of the day.... if you can't fall off the wagon for one meal every now and then, when can you? honestly! You're weight loss to date is tremendous so you are clearly doing something right!! I would just suggest that for the next few days stick to the plan as much as you can and get as much speedy and superspeedy into you :)

Thanks chew chew sitting here with my melon now it's so yummy.

Also got my daughter eating sugar snap peas today she seen me scoffing them and I pretended to grow so cute seeing her munching on veg. Loads of soup 2mo looking forward to it already

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

You can of course have Leo Burdocks if you want to bulmersgal. One of the biggest parts of SW is to take the guilt from things like this. If you are protecting your weight loss you may have had small chips and taken the batter off of your fish which makes it a free food and maybe had some mushy peas with your meal but if you didn't then so what :)

Next time you now have some ideas to fit Leo Burdocks into your plan x

Ah I didn't finish it, it's mad normally I could of ate it all and then big dinner later.

Whereas today I barely ate half, then was still stuffed and only managed half my dinner.

The lady in class said last night that everyone has a blowout from time to time, you wouldn't be human if you didn't. The big issue lies with how you behave AFTER a blow out, you can either choose to throw in the towel and give up or be really good for the next few days to get yourself back on track.Sounds like you are doing that already hon so don't beat yourself up, onwards and upwards and I hope you enjoyed the Leos!! :)

But there ya go hon...lets say you eat half a portion of chips next time for 17 syns, batter off fish is free then you have Leo Burdocks within your plan.

We want to make this a forever thing for you...I lost over 17 stone with SW and if I thought stuff like that I wouldn't have gone back at all...

Life is all about falling down sometimes......getting back up is living though :D

17 stone that's a incredible achievement!

That's what my leader said before a few bad meals won't ruin weight loss but its about drawing a line straight away and not letting it spiral into a bad week

Exactly love...your consultant is totally correct.

It's just life...we aren't robots, we are humans....and aren't we all fabulous :D

Exactly love...your consultant is totally correct.

It's just life...we aren't robots, we are humans....and aren't we all fabulous :D

Well said and well done on your weight loss thats amazing you must be so proud of yourself :)

Question, has anyone looked at their lowest PAT and thought that they would be too skinny at that weight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Life is all about falling down sometimes......getting back up is living though :D

ooh I like that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,978 ✭✭✭✭celtic-chick

Hi,are any of you doing sw online.I would love to know how your getting on?Is it easy to follow online & do you get all the help you need?Thanks in advance.

Danniboo wrote: »

Well said and well done on your weight loss thats amazing you must be so proud of yourself :)

Question, has anyone looked at their lowest PAT and thought that they would be too skinny at that weight?

I haven't set mine yet if I lose another 4, lbs I'll be at my lowest weight as a adult. But.I think I wanna be either 9 stone or 9. 7 so only 13lbs to the later. Think when I'm nearer and I have better idea how clothes will fit I'll set it.

bulmersgal wrote: »

I haven't set mine yet if I lose another 4, lbs I'll be at my lowest weight as a adult. But.I think I wanna be either 9 stone or 9. 7 so only 13lbs to the later. Think when I'm nearer and I have better idea how clothes will fit I'll set it.

how much have you lost in total.bulmersgal in what kind of time frame and what's a PAT.

I started this couch potato tp 5k this week. its a quiet country track I go on...id be mortified doing it on a main road. but it 60 seconds of jogging 90 of walking for 20 mins...I always feel so embarrassed bbefore I go that people I meet are like wtf is she doing...doesn't help I've the baby in the buggy going weeeeeeeee everytime I start to run lol. but I always have in my head once its done its done and its 20 mins of embarrassment lol

how much have you lost in total.bulmersgal in what kind of time frame and what's a PAT.

I started this couch potato tp 5k this week. its a quiet country track I go on...id be mortified doing it on a main road. but it 60 seconds of jogging 90 of walking for 20 mins...I always feel so embarrassed bbefore I go that people I meet are like wtf is she doing...doesn't help I've the baby in the buggy going weeeeeeeee everytime I start to run lol. but I always have in my head once its done its done and its 20 mins of embarrassment lol

I've done that before and loved it.debating in my head should I go to spin class or a walk.

I've lost 12 lbs since mid nov but I haven't been 100% every week. A pat is a personal achievement target. You set your own when ever you want

wow that's amazing well done!!!

I think I'm ready to up it to 90 seconds now. I hope to one day look back and laugh at that statement ;)

It's more then I could do, so well done to you. I'm only after getting into excerise in past 2 weeks been to 2 classes but a lot of walking and bringing my daughter to swimming pool. As tesco say every little helps

Quick question guys. I adore pineapple but can't be arsed going to the bother of buying them whole and cutting them up. While tinned pineapple is Syn'd I think this mainly due to it being in syrup or juice. If I take the chunks out of the tin and rinse under the tap (and there are no added ingredients in the tin, merely pineapple and pineapple in juice) do you think it would be ok to count as a superfree? Please say yes as I've just had a tin and enjoyed every delicious mouthful :o

Your PAT is just that....your personal achievement target that is personal to you so there shouldn't be any worries about how high or low it is. It is totally your choice so you change it at set it at whatever you want :)

And merkin, tinned fruit is either helathy extra B or syns. Nothing to do with it being in juice or syrup, it's processed so isn't digested as slowly as fresh fruit and can't be used as superfree at all. You could buy the ready cut up ones in the supermarket though, the ones in the chilled section that aren't in any juice :)

Quick question guys. I adore pineapple but can't be arsed going to the bother of buying them whole and cutting them up. While tinned pineapple is Syn'd I think this mainly due to it being in syrup or juice. If I take the chunks out of the tin and rinse under the tap (and there are no added ingredients in the tin, merely pineapple and pineapple in juice) do you think it would be ok to count as a superfree? Please say yes as I've just had a tin and enjoyed every delicious mouthful :o

A girl brought this into our group during taster week and every1 fell in love with it makes cutting pineapple so easy. I would of passed it by in dunnes and thought oh another silly gadget but its brill. We got great use out of it over Christmas when aldi had pineapples or 14c. Best €5 spent in a long me. Here is a link to the page and how to use it. I got mine in Dunnes in maynooth but others have got them elsewhere. Our has a little blue thing that chops them into chunks instead of rings but you don't have to use it

http://www.fyffes.com/gns/our-fruit/fyffes-pineapples/Easy-to-prepare.aspx

• Advertisement

Thanks a million both!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement