Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Bulmersgal thanks so much for that! I adore pineapple but never buy it because I can't be faffed chopping it. I've seen that in the shop before and always dismissed it but think I'll give it a go now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

I was the same now we have it all the time, we chopped up melon but it in big bowl pour the pineapple juice in and just munch on it whenever.

Having a great sw day. Had porridge a apple and a banana. Then delicious tuna salad with egg. I did the trick a few pages back, of putting cracking egg in microwave and putting it on for just under a minute. Was deadly not as pretty looking mind as a boiled egg but same taste.

Going to have some cod later as its super speed, I usually put it in tin foil pour some lemon juice on it a bay leaf then finally chop some veg like peppers, tomatoes, onions and then but it in oven.

No sins as of yet but might treat myself to packet of popcorn when I'm over with boyfriend. Manhattan popcorn only 7 syns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

that cod sounds delicious...I'll be having salmon later with beans and home made wedges and a big manky salad for me superfree

I'm going to have a few martini extra dry.later

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Takeaway night tonight! Special Chow Mein... 8 syns... NOM!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Dair

Gona try the lasagna on thw SW site with the natural yogurt, anyone try this yet??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Achilles wrote: »
    Takeaway night tonight! Special Chow Mein... 8 syns... NOM!

Me too! Chicken dhansak at a mere 6.5, happy days! Just saw how many Syns are in a plain nan (which I LOVE) and almost fainted lol

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Not having a very good day today... Just not on form for sw today and only drank about 2.5 ltrs of water. Need to get my act together tomorrow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭texas star

Can someone please point me in the right direction or tell me if im doing this SW right im coming from ww so finding the change over hard but im going to stick with it.My first class he flew through the book so havnt a clue.Breakfast one weetabix,banna,slimline milk,little break fat free yogert and fruit,big break chilli beans,fruit,dinner pork chop fat cut off potaote and veg lots of water and green tea during the day.Hopefully next week things might fall into place.Just want to know if Im on the right track,thanks:)

Aw don't worry ChewChew, some days will be great and others not so great. Tomorrow will be good, just right off today and start again after a decent sleep. No point in beating yourself up about it.

Texas star are you on the EE plan? You have the basics right but you know you should have a Healthy Extra A and then a Healthy Extra B as well as between 5-15 Syns? You definitely have the basics right but you don't need to be quite so strict with yourself! :) I'm on the first week too so probably not the best one to advise you but I definitely think it's worth reading the book from cover to cover so you can give yourself the best chance!

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭texas star

Thanks Ill have to read it again,Im getting myself all confused.Ill keep reading the post also.Good luck with your weigh in ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭bewhiched

Hi guys great forum I joined myself Thursday so I hoe to lose a stone! I have a terrible sweet tooth though woud love all your info on the syns please say take aways etc like say it's 4syns is that the whole veg curry? Just starting off so would love your help!! Thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Tesco Lighter Choice have 2 chicken breasts in tomato and basil sauce for 1.59 this week (I think its 2 syns) had for dinner last night with pasta and veg. Getting some more today to keep for those nights when I'm feeling peckish.

They're half price this week - wouldn't buy them full price.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭clicli

Weekends are usually my downfall, it's tradition in our house to eat takeaway most weekends, any tips for how to avoid it and not let two days ruin a hard weeks work? I think I have started off well by having vegetarian sausages with eggs, beans and mushrooms, the sausages were very about 2 syns each. :)

hi clicli...the back of the book has a whole range of takeaways and syn values. Plain rice per serving is free....the two lowest mains seem to be chicken in oyster sauce or beef in black bean with mushrooms 4.5 each per serving. Or a chicken chop suey with noodles is 5.5 per serving and that's your noodles and food all in one serving! :D

That's assuming of course that you're having a chinese, I'm not brave enough to look at how bad indian is yet :(

My dad's birthday today, will be a real challenge...I'm trying to keep the diet as low key as possible so people aren't going on about it. So I looked at the slimming world website and found vegetable pakoras that are free. I'll cook them, make some coleslaw and a dip and hopefully I'll be able to munch on them and no one will notice I amn't munching the other stuff. I best not make them too delicious in case every one else dives in and i'm left with all the cocktail sausages :o

Then if I'm syn free all day, I can have a bit of birthday cake and no one will be any wiser :p

Hannibal I'm the same - I don't want to be announcing I'm on a diet to everyone as I hate people asking me about it all the time. Sounds like a good plan to bring your own!

The Linda McCartney red onion sausages are free on extra easy as another veggie alternative to whoever mentioned it above (on touch site and can't see messages while replying)

I am so proud of myself today - it's a really small thing but I had lunch out today as we were in Liffey Valley and I chose a totally free lunch! When I was losing weight before Id always go feck it sure I'm out it doesn't matter and have whatever I fancied but I chose jacket potato with baked beans and a side salad with no dressing :) feeling smug now!

I had 5 syns yesterday and 11 today. Had ww bagel for lunch was lovely had egg n tuna and big super free salad. In such a hungry mood today been snacking on fruit and drinking cups of my super free soup but reckon I'll have to cook something later. My time of month is due any day so I'm always like this then.

I could kill for some cake right now but I keep telling myself I will on weigh in night (tues) I won't tho coz I'll either be disgusted with a gain and want to get rid of it or delighted with a loss.

I love Liffey valley for food. I usually go to ginsing and get chicken and black bean sauce for 5 1/2 or go to nando's and get butterfly chicken, spicy rice and a salad for 6 1/2. Or like yourself a baked potatoe in o'briens, also mc Donald's do a grilled chicken salad which is lovely think its 1 1/2 but if u get no cheese, dressing or crotons its free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Some help please - I made a prawn stir fry last night, prawns and pineapple (fresh) both free - the noodles were from Aldi the Ready to Wok ones ( 99cent and there's 2 in the pack) - are they free or not?

deelite wrote: »
    Some help please - I made a prawn stir fry last night, prawns and pineapple (fresh) both free - the noodles were from Aldi the Ready to Wok ones ( 99cent and there's 2 in the pack) - are they free or not?

I don't think so - I can't find the Aldi ones online but all the other ready to wok ones have varying syn values. The ones you cook yourself are free

deelite wrote: »

pineapple if cooked is not free. The noodles are only free if they dry noodles.

dried noodles are syn free...ready to use have a syn value of 2 per 100gms

I went 1.5syns over yesterday...and that's being overly cruel syn counting. it not good for a first week to go over...but for the first 4 day I had no syns at all and it was a birthday party...so I think I did ok.

I've another birthday party tomorrow...but I'm going to eat before I go and its after tomorrows weigh in so technically its another week :P

• Advertisement

Hello guys can you save up ur syns say for a nice feed the weekend? Think our teacher said we can't but thought I'd read here you can also bit confused about the orange green sections of the programme what one should I be doing totally lost?? Thanks

Are them lovely Chinese noodles 2syns Kako think there called??? Thanks love them

dried noodles are syn free...ready to use have a syn value of 2 per 100gms

I went 1.5syns over yesterday...and that's being overly cruel syn counting. it not good for a first week to go over...but for the first 4 day I had no syns at all and it was a birthday party...so I think I did ok.

I've another birthday party tomorrow...but I'm going to eat before I go and its after tomorrows weigh in so technically its another week :P

You'll be fine. Some people choose to use their Syns every day while others flexi-Syn and use them all at once when they have an event coming up or big night out. If you're sticking to the plan otherwise you're still within your Syn allowance so don't be too hard on yourself :)

My SW leader texted me earlier to see how I'm getting on, very nice touch I thought! Am really pleased, went to Harvester for lunch and had piri piri chicken skewers, a mahooosive salad and a jacket - just used one Syn on a spoon of low-cal vinagerette. Means now I can have a WW chocolate brownie this evening, nyum!

bewhiched wrote: »
    Hello guys can you save up ur syns say for a nice feed the weekend? Think our teacher said we can't but thought I'd read here you can also bit confused about the orange green sections of the programme what one should I be doing totally lost?? Thanks

Yes you can Flexi-Syn if you want to save them up. You are probably on the EE plan but best to contact your SW leader to establish which plan she advises for you.

Guys how are these syns calculated does anyone know? Like one syn is what say per 20g just would like to try get my head around the plan thank you

bewhiched wrote: »
    Guys how are these syns calculated does anyone know? Like one syn is what say per 20g just would like to try get my head around the plan thank you

For snacks like crisps, chocolate and other food that has no free or super free in it. The rule is 20cals is one syn. If your getting a food like say chicken Kiev you are best to go onto the app and website and they have most products on there so you just do search, if its not there, they have asection to calculate food you enter in all the info and they give you syn value

Thanks bulmersgal that's great I will load that app down now thanks very much

ooh I didn't know there was an app...I was wondering myself how syns were calculated.

thanks merkin ...I don't feel to bad...it could have been a hell of a lot worse. I'm still really nervous about eating out lol....well done those of you able to stay within your allowance be eating out. that's the ultimate temptation so good on yas.

I'm dead chuffed with myself today. I made some ham for dinner and instead of having gravy or sauce I chucked a bit of apple and pineapple in the pan with a bit of fry lite cinnamon and lemon and made some sort of juicy 80s retro thing which also upped me super free (I think?)

I bet after all this I've only lost a pound :D

Hannibal you cannot cook fruit, you have to syn it if you cook it or mash it or juice it.. A apple cooked is 2 1/2 syns and pineapple is 2 syns. Whereas gravy powder is 1 level tsp is 1 syn but remember your sharing gravy so wouldn't use a full syn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ComfyKnickers

Hi guys, haven't posted on the thread in quite a few months, hit my one stone mark mid-October and decided to give myself a break and sure that ended up being a break until last Monday!!! Didn't put up any of the stone in between which is great but I still feel I could have had another stone gone by now. Anyway, back on track, have my daughters confirmation in May so hoping for another stone and a half anyway gone by then.

Happy New Year to everyone anyway, here's to a little less of all of us this year eh? x

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement