Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

8lbs gone...flippin delighted. I worked my ass off! though I was by no means the best...most first weekers were in or around that.
    got some great meal ideas too. off to lidl in the morning to re-stock.

I might rob your soup idea...any ideas for breakfast that doesn't involve eggs or a healthy extra b?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

OMG well done, that is so amazing! You must be thrilled! :-)

BG, I normally use about 2/3 of the leek if that makes sense? So all the white part and then a little bit of the greens until they become rough and staggish. Nyum, I love leek and potato soup!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Merkin wrote: »
    OMG well done, that is so amazing! You must be thrilled! :-)

BG, I normally use about 2/3 of the leek if that makes sense? So all the white part and then a little bit of the greens until they become rough and staggish. Nyum, I love leek and potato soup!

Yeah that's what I've been doing, I love food but was the connivence queen so still getting use to cooking with all these new foods
    8lbs gone...flippin delighted. I worked my ass off! though I was by no means the best...most first weekers were in or around that.

I might rob your soup idea...any ideas for breakfast that doesn't involve eggs or a healthy extra b?

Wow Hannibal that's amazing,delighted for you. I'm looking or ward to weigh in 2mo starting fresh 2mo and going to pretend its my first week.

Maybe fresh fruit salad and a yoghurt, or a low fat sausages, bacon and beans with tomatoes n mushrooms.

Aldi got some good offers on veg think salad potatoes, leek, butternut squash, parsnip, veg soup mix and grapefruit only 79c

Meant to post about ww yogurts they are called the dessert range and the soooo good but best part is they free yippee. Love my Greek muller light yogurts but needed a change

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Well done Hannibal!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Victoriaf

hey,

I was wondering if i can join in? I only started slimming world this week and absolutely loving it so far. I'm cooking proper meals without using jars. I made the sticky chicken tonight and loved it.

I think i will get great benefit from tracking the progress.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Well done Hanibal - delighted for you

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Dair

WOW!! over half a stone thats fantastic!!!! GO YOU!!!

Yogurt and fruit for breakie, or i had a random one this morning as fridge was low, smoked sliced ham warmed on a pan with mushrooms and beans, it actually was fab so tasty, quick and it really warmed me up before setting out to work. I know not a huge amount of superfree but i seem to eat more free than superfree but its working. Weigh loss is slower but its still there!!

3lb down this week! Delighted, was afraid week 2 would be nothing as week 1 was so big. If I lose 2.5lb this week I'll equal the lightest I've been in 2 years. It might take me two weeks though as its my husbands birthday this day next week and we're going to dinner on Saturday, cinema with butter popcorn for dinner on Sunday (so bold I know!) and will have cake on Monday.

3lbs is great well done angel.

I had a slice of toast with a teensy but of butter and a kiwi. my stocks were low...but I'm stocked up now.

Down two so got my stone whoop whoop

Only 2 pound till my lowest weight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Greenduck

-5lbs for me tonight. Happy enough with that. I worked my arse off for it though. Onwards and downwards :-)

Yay well done all of us :o)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Down only 1lb this week but a loss is still a loss. Felt sorry for my girlfriend though she had her first gain since we've joined and she's devastated.

I think we'll do an SS week this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Dair

Or try and red or green day, thats supposed to work too!!

Weigh in this evening :eek:
    Achilles wrote: »
    Down only 1lb this week but a loss is still a loss. Felt sorry for my girlfriend though she had her first gain since we've joined and she's devastated.

I think we'll do an SS week this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Jewow

Hey guys I really need some help, I got the slimmer of the week basket at meting last night and this morning just grabbed some of the stuff as I'd nothing else for lunch.
    SO my question is regarding a packet of golden wonder instant mash roast onion flavour which I brought with me. I made it with boiling water but I've no idea what syn value it has, I looked on the app and that brand doesn't come up, I looked on the SW website and that brand of mash isn't on it, using the calculator thing I;m getting between 4 and 7 syns! Could that be right? I thought the idea of basket was items to be low or no syn??

Please help as I'm feeling so bad over it I hardly touched it and I'm starving and trying to get off to a good start this week :)

Jewow wrote: »
    Hey guys I really need some help, I got the slimmer of the week basket at meting last night and this morning just grabbed some of the stuff as I'd nothing else for lunch.
    SO my question is regarding a packet of golden wonder instant mash roast onion flavour which I brought with me. I made it with boiling water but I've no idea what syn value it has, I looked on the app and that brand doesn't come up, I looked on the SW website and that brand of mash isn't on it, using the calculator thing I;m getting between 4 and 7 syns! Could that be right? I thought the idea of basket was items to be low or no syn??

Please help as I'm feeling so bad over it I hardly touched it and I'm starving and trying to get off to a good start this week :)

This is the only thing I could really find on it:
    http://forums.ivillage.co.uk/t5/General-Discussions-Syn-Advice/Golden-wonder-help-please/td-p/10550789

I just checked this out for you and instant mash seems to be free or have very little. Flavoured mash on EE made up with water comes to ½ Syn per 100g! :) Which plan are you on?

Morrisons, M Savers Instant Mash Potato, triple pack, dried, 125g sachet Free 20½ Free Mr Mash, Instant Mashed Potato, made up with water, 120g sachet Free 24½ Free Basic, Instant mashed potato powder, plain, made up with water, 100g Free 3 Free Basic, Instant mashed potato powder, plain, 25g dry Free 4½ Free Basic, Instant mashed potato powder, flavoured, made up with water, 100g ½ 3 ½

However, if I am unsure I always go by the 20:1 rule. So if something has 150 calories then I just assume is has 7½ Syns. I don't think they would put something naughty in the basket though. Can you text your leader maybe?

I've won the slimmer of the week twice now and won the freebies and some people tend to put stuff in it that they think is free but actually isn't.

I was hooked on those 1% fat Mug Shot thingies thinking they were free but apparently they're 1 syn a pack. It's always good to double check.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Can I ask a question about other groups and the weekly raffle - do you buy tickets or are you given them? I ask this because there was a tiny weeny hamper (super 6 from Aldi I think) in our group last week (with at least 40 tickets) in the hat.

Jewow wrote: »

Check on app to see if you have it on extra easy. to do this enter product when it gives syns just click extra easy. I heard they were free

• Advertisement

deelite wrote: »
    Can I ask a question about other groups and the weekly raffle - do you buy tickets or are you given them? I ask this because there was a tiny weeny hamper (super 6 from Aldi I think) in our group last week (with at least 40 tickets) in the hat.

You buy them in our group they a euro. But that money also pays for tea and coffee

I think I did summat silly today...I had a can of soup right...Campbells vegetable...looked in the book...its 2 syns (I think)

anyhow I thought I could use it as a superfree coz it was a vegetable soup so they would be super free...even as I'm typing this I'm realising how wrong that is...right?

the free was a baked potato with quark ...so I really just had a free and a syn for lunch didn't I and no superfree? will that have a huge impact on this weeks loss?

also...did you guys hop on and off the scales when you started it? I should stop that shouldn't I?

Just had my WI and am 2.5lbs down....am like this right now
    > :eek: :D !! Have stuck rigidly to plan but have PMT and didn't think I'd be down at all. Very pleased!

I think I did summat silly today...I had a can of soup right...Campbells vegetable...looked in the book...its 2 syns (I think)

anyhow I thought I could use it as a superfree coz it was a vegetable soup so they would be super free...even as I'm typing this I'm realising how wrong that is...right?

the free was a baked potato with quark ...so I really just had a free and a syn for lunch didn't I and no superfree? will that have a huge impact on this weeks loss?

also...did you guys hop on and off the scales when you started it? I should stop that shouldn't I?

I think anything that doesn't grow in the ground or is lean meat has to be checked and that automatically goes for anything which has been processed.

So yes, you're right. You had no superfree for lunch because the tinned soup is Synned BUT not including superfree for one meal is not going to set you off course so don't be too hard on yourself, you're doing really well :)

Have weighed myself every day as per normal but the results that matter are the ones at the WI every week hon so don't worry about daily fluctuations

If you make veg soup yourself it's free, but you have to syn any processed/bought soups (except one or two which can be a HExB)

In an ideal world you will have 1/3 of your plate with superfree but don't beat yourself up, everyone makes mistakes! You'll be eating 21 meals this week - a little mistake on one won't cause you problems don't worry.

Your weight fluctuates so much that it's recommended to only weigh yourself once a week at the same time each week. You don't want to be discouraged after a day or two when it looks like you haven't lost anything and some people would give up because they thought it wasn't working. Everyone's different though, I weigh myself every morning just out of pure curiosity. It doesn't bother me what the scales say it's just nosiness!

It's only one meal, you'll be grand. I find it hard to eat super free with my breakfast so just have them at 10.30 instead. I found I would eat at this time anyways as its out break time so just means I'm eating less.

I did the same with scales but stopped, it gave me different figures if I was in different room. So just lost trust with it. I prefer just to see what the class scales says

its so hard to know if something can set you off track...I knew doing it it was a silly rationalisation.

if you were to make a superfree soup could I have had that and been ok?

also (sorry for all the questions) I have a meal out on Sunday...its not a themed restaurant as in Chinese etc....so I dunno what the menu will hold. how do I eat out successfully?

Yea if you made the soup it would count as your super free.

Have a look online to see do they have menu, you can get a steak and baked potatoe with salad ask for dressing on the side.

Today is my second day having no carbs for lunch. I'm finding my chicken salad and soup enough. Have eaten 12 syns today but was craving choc so bad so got buttons and had crisps earlier. Only had 6syns yest so this week is going great so far

How many Syns in a standard pack of Buttons BG? I've looked at the bags and can't find the weight!

• Advertisement

Merkin wrote: »
    How many Syns in a standard pack of Buttons BG? I've looked at the bags and can't find the weight!

8.5 syns, it's not bad as I ate one at a time and savoured it.

I think you can get smaller bags but my bag is about the length of my phone or 4 1/2 inches lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement