Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Glenn Coco wrote: »
    Thanks Bulmers Gal, gonna try it tonight!

Hope it turned out nice, I sent some up to my bro and his finance. They loved it and he is fussyess person i no. Bringing some over to my bf with some cooked chicken and rice tonight. That should stop me being bold.

He has really fast metabolism and eats junk all the time but loves healthy stuff too

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Glenn Coco

bulmersgal wrote: »
    Hope it turned out nice, I sent some up to my bro and his finance. They loved it and he is fussyess person i no. Bringing some over to my bf with some cooked chicken and rice tonight. That should stop me being bold.

He has really fast metabolism and eats junk all the time but loves healthy stuff too

It's delish! Plenty in it too, so have frozen some. OH is a very picky eater, hates the thought of tinned tomatoes, peas etc, so told him it was from a jar, he's on his 2nd plate :D

Thanks again!

No prob have heard loads of people rave about it but he thought of ingredients put me off. It's handy that its all stuff from tins as you can stock up n have it whenever. Yea I ended up freezing some even though I've now feed 7 people with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Havnt been able to get back into the swing of things since xmas. the need for chocolate is just beyond crazy. has anyone got any tips on getting back into it? i still go to group but just dont feel my heart is back in it. nearly putting back on the weight i lost at this stage :-(

I've heard mention of Success Express....where you sign up to lose 41/2 pounds in a week...change your plate around to 2/3rds superfree 1/3 free.....might be a kick start to get you going again? Though don't mind me, I'm only at it a couple of weeks, so no expert at all.

WI night tonight....I don't feel hungry at all this week, have been following the plan though so we'll see how we get on.

I'm going to make a soup today...tis the day for it. If you make a vegetable soup thats a free right? So I'd have to have a salad or something with it?

Good luck this week everyone!"!

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Greenduck

:(

Had a disasterous weekend. Ate complete rubbish alllll weekend and drank! Feeling quite disheartened now as Im only entering my 2nd week!

Weigh in tomorrow and I'm not looking forward to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

Oh guys i feel sick im only on my second SW week, it was my birthday at the weekend and my hubby had a weekend away planned for me. Anyway i was good enough(a lot better than before SW), but i weighed myself today on my own scales and its saying im up 7, yes 7 pounds. :eek:
    I feel so disheartened because i was good enough at the weekend, no pints etc, we did have a meal in hotel as part of package......
    is it possible to put this on cos on one meal and 3 glasses of wine over the weekend?
    Should i skip WI tomorrow? Oh i feel sick...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Danniboo

Hey guys,

Well dreading my WI tonight. Hoping it's not gonna be too bad but can't be sure. Didn't get to go to last weeks class for reasons beyond my control, so haven't been weighed in 2 weeks. Was good the week before last, had a lot of crap last week but tried to be good when I could. Skipped meals a few days to through no fault of my own. Here's hoping. Does anyone know if i'd be allowed take last week as a holiday?

MIRMIR82 wrote: »
    Oh guys i feel sick im only on my second SW week, it was my birthday at the weekend and my hubby had a weekend away planned for me. Anyway i was good enough(a lot better than before SW), but i weighed myself today on my own scales and its saying im up 7, yes 7 pounds. :eek:
    I feel so disheartened because i was good enough at the weekend, no pints etc, we did have a meal in hotel as part of package......
    is it possible to put this on cos on one meal and 3 glasses of wine over the weekend?

Your weighing scales is different I'm always up on mine. It even changes when I put it in different room.

The things that I found put the figure on scales are clothes some of jumpers, jeans can add a extra 5 pounds also shoes weigh couple of pound.
    The dreaded time of the month.
    What I had ate and drank before weigh in.
    What time I weighed in at.

The weeks I've thought I done the worst is the weeks I've lost a lot. I've often gone down feeling bloated and bigger and been happily surprised with the figure, same for my mam.

One meal and a few drinks won't put on much if any weight but missing weigh I. Will make it harder to go next week. I'm in same boat I had chipper on Friday and I'm dreading my weigh it but I drew a line last Friday and I've followed the plan and if I put on this week it will be off with more next week

I've heard mention of Success Express....where you sign up to lose 41/2 pounds in a week...change your plate around to 2/3rds superfree 1/3 free.....might be a kick start to get you going again? Though don't mind me, I'm only at it a couple of weeks, so no expert at all.

WI night tonight....I don't feel hungry at all this week, have been following the plan though so we'll see how we get on.

I'm going to make a soup today...tis the day for it. If you make a vegetable soup thats a free right? So I'd have to have a salad or something with it?

Good luck this week everyone!"!

If you make veg soup it's not just free it's super free :D once you have loads of veg in it. Like leek and potatoe not super free its just free but a soup with loads of veg and say 1 potatoe is free. I think there is loads of recipes a good few post back. I no I posted up a good few and so did other posters

Greenduck wrote: »

Had a disasterous weekend. Ate complete rubbish alllll weekend and drank! Feeling quite disheartened now as Im only entering my 2nd week!

If you put in a good week you could be okay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

bulmersgal wrote: »
    Your weighing scales is different I'm always up on mine. It even changes when I put it in different room.

The things that I found put the figure on scales are clothes some of jumpers, jeans can add a extra 5 pounds also shoes weigh couple of pound.
    The dreaded time of the month.
    What I had ate and drank before weigh in.
    What time I weighed in at.

The weeks I've thought I done the worst is the weeks I've lost a lot. I've often gone down feeling bloated and bigger and been happily surprised with the figure, same for my mam.

One meal and a few drinks won't put on much if any weight but missing weigh I. Will make it harder to go next week. I'm in same boat I had chipper on Friday and I'm dreading my weigh it but I drew a line last Friday and I've followed the plan and if I put on this week it will be off with more next week

Thanks Bulmersgal - was just talking to sister and she told me to stop weighing myself at home that the scales in SW should be the only one i'm using, will fill you in Wednesday after my WI tomorrow night - fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

You have to go to your WI tomorrow. When you start skipping sessions you might as well give up and no matter how naughty you've been or how much you're dreading the figure on the scales you have to go and be accountable. I'm on another very active SW forum and everyone who has fallen off the wagon has skipped a WI after being naughty. Then they skip two. Then they decide to wait until after an event/birthday/party/anniversary and they are back to square one. Dust yourself off and get to class tomorrow!

Incidentally, putting on 7lbs is nigh on impossible. OK if you have PMT, are retaining a huge amount of fluid, wearing studded military boots or what have you but to have put on 7lbs of fat would require a surplus of 3,500 calories (daily) over seven days. That's 24,500 calories. So unless you were at a cake convention or were doing a Mav v Food style Pizzathon then it's impossible.

Go tomorrow and you might be pleasantly surprised!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Dair

Go, even if its bad news its better then not going, stay to class and start the week right, your always going to have a blip 2 days out of seven still leaves 5 good days!!!
    Greenduck wrote: »

Not unless you let them know before or on the day your missing, i dont think they will back date it unless you have a really nice leader, then you should be fine, mine did it for me a few months ago
    Danniboo wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Well dreading my WI tonight. Hoping it's not gonna be too bad but can't be sure. Didn't get to go to last weeks class for reasons beyond my control, so haven't been weighed in 2 weeks. Was good the week before last, had a lot of crap last week but tried to be good when I could. Skipped meals a few days to through no fault of my own. Here's hoping. Does anyone know if i'd be allowed take last week as a holiday?

GO to class, after xmas(i took 2 wks off) i didnt want to go back my scales was showing up 5lbs, i forced myself to go and i had only put on 1/2lb. if i hadnt gone i would have been way worse the following week. I lost the 1/2lb last week and 2 on top of it. there was no way i was putting on more so it got me back on track. id prob be 2 up if i had taken another week off.

Dair wrote: »
    Not unless you let them know before or on the day your missing, i dont think they will back date it unless you have a really nice leader, then you should be fine, mine did it for me a few months ago

I asked her and she said she's not sure it might be okay.

If you said it to her it should be fine
    I asked her and she said she's not sure it might be okay.

If you said it to her it should be fine

I only said it to her today:confused:

I dont think they are supposed to back date it (offically) as were supposed to book our holidays before we take them but i know they can do it if they choose to. Your leader sounds like she will do it for you so you should be fine:)
    I only said it to her today:confused:

I dont think they are supposed to back date it (offically) as were supposed to book our holidays before we take them but i know they can do it if they choose to. Your leader sounds like she will do it for you so you should be fine:)

I hope so a relative was brought to hospital so it's not like I just took a night off for the heck of it.

• Advertisement

Tell her, there human too :)

Merkin wrote: »
    I'm on another very active SW forum and everyone who has fallen off the wagon has skipped a WI after being naughty.

I'm being very nosy but what forum is it, I love reading new ideas and recipes. It's great that this page has gotten so busy.

So I've had 6 good days out of 7 hoping I get some weight loss 2mo. Finding it tough at the moment tho as I'm studying and my natural instinct is to make tea and choc when I start but I'm being good and eating loads of fruit

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Not at all! The forum can be found on www.minimins.com (there's a SW subforum) and it's really busy, whatever you're unsure of or have questions about will be answered in minutes. Well worth a look and they're a friendly bunch too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

+1 minimins is great! Have WI in the morning... Been so bold as its my husbands birthday today which turned into a birthday weekend of eating out and take aways so dunno what will happen in the morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

-1lb, delighted!! I'm so happy to have lost anything and not put back on what I've worked so hard to lose.

My goal for this week is to lose 2lb as that will make me the lightest I've been in a long long time, definitely in the last 2 years anyway. I have a big 40th bash to go to on Saturday so need to be really good up until then, will be making some soup tonight - think I'll try butternut squash one even though I hate cutting them up!!

Down 2lbs absolutely chuffed :D If i'm down 1 next week i'll get my half award and i'll be under the 9stone mark for the first time in a couple of years, woo hoo !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

-4lbs...was very surprised as my scales at home kept telling me a pound...maybe two...so delighted.

there were people there who had a Chinese, binges over the weekend and they only put on half a pound...so to those dreading it...just go....whatever happens happens but you will get the support you need to get you where you want to be and that's the best thing. so what you fell off ....you won't be the first or the last...you can get back on.

+1 for minimise I haven't joined up but when I Google recipes its always one of the first to come up!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

You can go up our down anything up to 5lb over the course of the day, but overall you'd be hard pushed to go up or down more than 2lb in a single day if you weigh yourself at the same time each day.

if you really REALLY want to weigh yourself, always do it at the same time of each day, wearing the same clothes and shoes and at the time you would normally be be weighing in at SW to get the most accurate reading.

having said that, you are much better of just weighing in each week at SW so you don't end up justhinking you've doing better than you really are.

Help at a work thing, lunch been brought to us, caterers cancelled just now so my salad is gone, briniging in EDDIE ROCKETS...best they can do....i have no idea whats on their menu and cant get it up on the phone...any suggestions????? WI tomorrow :(

• Advertisement

They do salads, there is a caesar, fajita or haystack. Maybe if u ask for no dressing, cheese or croutons and plain chicken it should be ok.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement