Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

The last time I took relatives to McDonalds I just sat there drinking a Diet Coke feeling sorry for myself.

Really you're probably better off not having anything then treating yourself to some lovely SW chips when you get home or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Greenduck

Dair wrote: »
    Go, even if its bad news its better then not going, stay to class and start the week right, your always going to have a blip 2 days out of seven still leaves 5 good days!!!

Two REALLY bad days though, not just a few blips. I would be embarassed to write down what I ate!

Ive been walking loads and running too so hopefully that counted for something. I dont have a lot to loose (maybe about 10lbs) so I dont know if thats why its going to be harder in the long run to drop big numbers. I'm in the habit of weighinh myself at home which I dont think is helping at all. Might banish the scales from my room!

I'll just keep at it and hope for the best! Best of luck to everyone who is weighing in tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Dair

Thanks, ordered the fajita, no dressing, cheese and croutons
    bulmersgal wrote: »
    They do salads, there is a caesar, fajita or haystack. Maybe if u ask for no dressing, cheese or croutons and plain chicken it should be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Achilles wrote: »
    The last time I took relatives to McDonalds I just sat there drinking a Diet Coke feeling sorry for myself.

I read a thread that said a Happy Meal with nuggets and chips (about 6 chips) has 10 Syns - FYI for future reference! :)

Been there done that.... trust me its better to know!!
    Greenduck wrote: »
    Two REALLY bad days though, not just a few blips. I would be embarassed to write down what I ate!

Ive been walking loads and running too so hopefully that counted for something. I dont have a lot to loose (maybe about 10lbs) so I dont know if thats why its going to be harder in the long run to drop big numbers. I'm in the habit of weighinh myself at home which I dont think is helping at all. Might banish the scales from my room!

I'll just keep at it and hope for the best! Best of luck to everyone who is weighing in tonight :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

the chiken burger with no sauce. its just a chicken breast fried on a hot plate. you could take the bun off and just eat it with the salad that comes with it?

oh sorry...didn't realise there was another page :o

For people who like their spicy food, I found a DELICIOUS looking low-fat recipe for chicken biryani. Obviously replace the natural yogurt with fat-free and use Frylight instead of oil and we've got a delcious Syn-free Indian meal!

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2624637/lowfat-chicken-biryani

Merkin wrote: »
    I read a thread that said a Happy Meal with nuggets and chips (about 6 chips) has 10 Syns - FYI for future reference! :)

I'd still just rather not eat junk food.

I'd still just rather not eat junk food.

Me too, best avoided completely tbh. Syns are precious and those 10 Syns would be far better spent on other treats! :)

i know but its a 10 hour day and them 3 hour drive back :( have avoided the scones and bisuits so trying to do my best. Will stock up on fruit for drive home.

Really you're probably better off not having anything then treating yourself to some lovely SW chips when you get home or something.

• Advertisement

you did exactly the right thing dair ...you can't starve yourself. its all supposed to be about fitting into a normal day...not feeling like an outcast because you're on a diet. skinny people eat junk food...its true...I've seen them do it ;):D but they do it as a once off and exercise to burn it off. obviously I'm not saying you should have ordered a chili hot dog with garlic fries (nom)...but you can't starve yourself for the day and why make yourself miserable!

Thanks Hannibal :) the burgers smelt amazing but i was full after the salad, it was huge so it worked out well. Totally agree with the starving point, i get so cranky when im hungry, im just not plesant to be around, happy out now:D
    you did exactly the right thing dair ...you can't starve yourself. its all supposed to be about fitting into a normal day...not feeling like an outcast because you're on a diet. skinny people eat junk food...its true...I've seen them do it ;):D but they do it as a once off and exercise to burn it off. obviously I'm not saying you should have ordered a chili hot dog with garlic fries (nom)...but you can't starve yourself for the day and why make yourself miserable!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Down 1 only need 1 more pound till my club ten and my lowest weight in 10 years

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

well done BG!! that's great.... bet you can't wait for next week now :)

I'm weighing in tomorrow. I don't know why but I don't feel very confident. I've been doing a food diary, and everything is fine with that, but I just don't feel like I've made a difference this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Yeah I've only 4lb to lose before I get into another stone group. So I'm going to try my hardest with food diaries and out walking.

Put my name down to help on the social team, so that should be interesting. I'm finish my diploma this may so kinda on look out for job so think it might look good on my cv. Also I really like slimming world and have stayed to all the meetings, be a nice way to meet some friends etc

well done bg that's fantastic!

Been doing this since November and most weeks I've lost 3lbs or more but my weight loss seems to be steady now at 1lb a week... at least it's been like that for the past three weeks including last night.

I'd volunteer to help out on the social team but to be honest with you I kinda feel like the meetings are a bit of a girl's club... some of the women seem really uncomfortable talking to blokes about this kinda thing which is a pity as we're all in this for the same thing.

Ahh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭dahat

So 3 weeks in and i hae gone from 17st 3lb to 16st 2lb......

Week 2 i lost no weight which was a mystery tbh,we have been hitting between 5-10 sins each a day which works out perfect for us.
    My wife has been lucky to be accepted into a 4 week fitness challenge through a local gym so she has lost a bit more than me but seeing as i am unable to excercise just now owing to few things my weight loss has been pretty decent!!

Hopefully i can get back to last summers running weight of 14st 3lb,a bit unrealisitc as my running days are over but here is hoping............

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Danniboo

Been doing this since November and most weeks I've lost 3lbs or more but my weight loss seems to be steady now at 1lb a week... at least it's been like that for the past three weeks including last night.

I'd volunteer to help out on the social team but to be honest with you I kinda feel like the meetings are a bit of a girl's club... some of the women seem really uncomfortable talking to blokes about this kinda thing which is a pity as we're all in this for the same thing.

Ahh well.

There's a good few men in my group

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Greenduck

Only down 1lb last night, a little disappointing if Im honest. Although considerinfg the binge I had on Saturday its not surprising. However I weighed myself this morning on my own scales and was down 3lbs.:)

Was a nice bit of encouragement after the let down last night..

• Advertisement

Danniboo wrote: »
    There's a good few men in my group

I didn't say that there wasn't any men, I said that it seems to be a woman's club mostly with alot of the women unwilling to talk to the blokes.

That has been my own personal experience anyway.

BG, I help out on the social team too. I really enjoy it because the other members are so friendly and feel really comfortable chatting to me and asking me questions.

Achilles, we have a few men in our group but none ever stay to meeting which is a little sad. It's just like a group of crazy woman lol I'd love a few men to stay for a bit of a shake up lol

ChewChew wrote: »
    BG, I help out on the social team too. I really enjoy it because the other members are so friendly and feel really comfortable chatting to me and asking me questions.

Achilles, we have a few men in our group but none ever stay to meeting which is a little sad. It's just like a group of crazy woman lol I'd love a few men to stay for a bit of a shake up lol

I'm not being funny but it's probably because they don't feel part of the group. I get that feeling ALOT whilst I'm there. I go with my girlfriend and most of not all of the girls there would much rather talk to her than talk to me about their weightloss or just... in general.

As I said it's very much a girl's club.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I'm not being funny but it's probably because they don't feel part of the group. I get that feeling ALOT whilst I'm there. I go with my girlfriend and most of not all of the girls there would much rather talk to her than talk to me about their weightloss or just... in general.

As I said it's very much a girl's club.

I had also heard the same locally so my wife joined and i do it through her and she is in effect my Slimming World leader if ya wish!!

dahat wrote: »
    I had also heard the same locally so my wife joined and i do it through her and she is in effect my Slimming World leader if ya wish!!

Glad I'm not the only one, the only reason I stick around really is to catch up with an old school friend that we met at the local group.

It also annoys me that there are no male equivalents to Mrs. Slinky or the likes. Although I did feel quite patronised when our current leader made a huge fuss out of giving me a non girly cover for our new book.

Ah that's really crappy :( I do the weigh in and I love having the Craic with the lads and they always have amazing weight losses so I get to be very jealous too. But the lads are great fun. I are what you mean though and it is a shame!

I'm Currently munching on melon and pineapple right now. Weigh in at 5.30 and I just don't feel confident. Very worried about it actually

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Danniboo

I didn't say that there wasn't any men, I said that it seems to be a woman's club mostly with alot of the women unwilling to talk to the blokes.

That has been my own personal experience anyway.

I chat away to the fellas

It's not as bad now I suppose but at the start alot of the women were really unwilling to talk to me, some of them do now I suppose but they'd much rather talk to my girlfriend that's what I'm saying.

They're probably more comfortable talking to other women about weight loss in general but even still it leads to a certain 'you're not accepted here' atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

Well guys after my huge freak attack on monday when i weighed myself at home and it was saying i was 7 lbs up, I am very glad to inform you i lost 2.5 lbs last night in my weigh in. Im delighted after being away for the weekend, big meal and bottle of wine, just shows you can have a normal social life with SW!!! :D

• Advertisement

jeez I never talk to anyone...girls or blokes...I just go get weight stay for the meeting and head off. :o most people are there a while or are neighbours of each other or just know each other from being there so long. if people want to talk to me fine if they don't that's fine too...as long as the scales tells me what I want to hear I done much mind about anything else ;)

what's the social part? don't think we've done that yet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement