Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Officially signed up. contemplating waiting until Saturday to start though, have a ball dinner tomorrow night...

What would be the easy-ish dinners to start with?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Officially signed up. contemplating waiting until Saturday to start though, have a ball dinner tomorrow night...

What would be the easy-ish dinners to start with?

Slimming World bolognaise with dried pasta and third of lettuce is gorgeous... fillet steak and SW chips, there are so many options that aren't a pain to cook.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 mellowkelly

Hi i just joined this week and am a little confused. Im wondering if someone could help me please. Does anyone know if quorn is still syn free if your on the green plan? also does anyone know how many syns are in mugshots? Thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Hi i just joined this week and am a little confused. Im wondering if someone could help me please. Does anyone know if quorn is still syn free if your on the green plan? also does anyone know how many syns are in mugshots? Thanks guys

if you have smart phone download the app or log on to website as it will tell you the syns on each plan. as the mug shots have different syns depending on flavour and colour of writing on pack. I think the red writing is mostly free but the black writing has syns

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Down half tonight, thank god!! I am thrilled with that :D Back on the scan bran :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Couldn't get to WI because of heavy snow, bit disappointed but it will hopefully mean a bigger loss next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Dair

down one all good :) 1.5 to go. Weekend away i London, soooo might be waiting two weeks for it but i will get there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

jeez I never talk to anyone...girls or blokes...I just go get weight stay for the meeting and head off. :o most people are there a while or are neighbours of each other or just know each other from being there so long. if people want to talk to me fine if they don't that's fine too...as long as the scales tells me what I want to hear I done much mind about anything else ;)

what's the social part? don't think we've done that yet.

Dont know what the social part is.

I joined up on my own and knew nobody but I meet new people every week. I found with the people I tend to talk to are very much the same as myself - not afraid to say "err a glass of wine in the evening - more like a bottle".

Can somebody tell me what the trick with eating melon is I've seen it mentioned here a few times.

I'm down 2lbs this week :D - I still haven't gone out for walks but I will when the weather is a bit better.

Love this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭emma_mc123

How is everyone doing?

I feel like I don't get on here often enough so updating after going up and down then up and down

was out sick for my weigh in the week before last and with being so run down I ate a lot of comfort food
    this weeks weigh in I was 2.5 up, expected it, but it's put me back to less than a stone lost!

I've been back on the wagon properly since Saturday so hopefully by next tuesday, I'll have a good amount lost!

deelite wrote: »
    Can somebody tell me what the trick with eating melon is I've seen it mentioned here a few times.

Love this thread

there is no 'trick' with a melon
    a lot of girls in my group seem to think it's a magic weapon

it's a Superspeed food, meaning if you incorperate it into your regular diet, you should keep losing more than if you didn't
    the problem is, a lot of people think they can "add" the melon to their diet as a way of undoing syns from chocolate bars - it just doesn't work like that

• Advertisement

This thread is great really usefull stuff onit :) i just looked up the syns in stir fry sauce and it was huge! has anyone any tips on low syn sauce for stir frys?

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Soy sauce... Rice vinegar... Balsamic vinegar :)

I love melon now. I didn't buy now I so. It's my fruit. I bring a lunch box full to work abs leave it sitting on my desk in work and just munch that. Yum.

Had a blow out last night but I enjoyed it so no syns today. Doing food diary again too and have spaghetti bolognese simmering away. I'm starving for it lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Is watermelon super speed???

ChewChew wrote: »
    Soy sauce... Rice vinegar... Balsamic vinegar :)

I love melon now. I didn't buy now I so. It's my fruit. I bring a lunch box full to work abs leave it sitting on my desk in work and just munch that. Yum.

Had a blow out last night but I enjoyed it so no syns today. Doing food diary again too and have spaghetti bolognese simmering away. I'm starving for it lol

Thanks i tried it and it was fab! mite try that melon idea myself stop me snacking :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,978 ✭✭✭✭celtic-chick

deelite wrote: »
    Is watermelon super speed???

Do you mean superfree?If you do,all melons are superfree :)

Do you mean superfree?If you do,all melons are superfree :)

I think she means super-speedy :) Yes, melons are a super-speedy food as are strawberries and raspberries so try and get as much into you as you can. I've been having melon and strawberries every evening with a Marks & Spencer Count On Us vanilla yogurt (Syn-free) and it is delish.

Celtic-chick there is a difference between foods that are Superfree and Superspeedy (although all Superspeedy foods tend to be Superfree as well. These are foods which actually aid weight loss and should be incorporated into the programme where possible. Have you got your SW booklet? Any foods with SS beside it means that it's a superspeedy food).

Incidentally if anyone has a recipe for a Superspeedy soup can you post it here? It's supposed to be amazing!

Merkin wrote: »
    I think she means super-speedy :) Yes, melons are a super-speedy food as are strawberries and raspberries so try and get as much into you as you can. I've been having melon and strawberries every evening with a Marks & Spencer Count On Us vanilla yogurt (Syn-free) and it is delish.

Celtic-chick there are a difference between foods that are Superfree and Superspeedy (although all Superspeedy foods tend to be Superfree as well. These are foods which actually aid weight loss and should be incorporated into the programme where possible. Have you got your SW booklet? Any foods with SS beside it means that it's a superspeedy food).

Incidentally if anyone has a recipe for a Superspeedy soup can you post it here? It's supposed to be amazing!

Thanks for clearing that up for me Merkin.I am new to slimming world & still getting my head around it.I did'nt realise that about the superspeedy.Can't wait to go through my book again & see what else is in there that's superspeedy.

If you don't mind could I ask you about baked beans.Are they all types of baked beans or sugar free ones?Thanks

That's no problem, happy to help.

Baked beans applies to all types of baked beans and not just sugar-free ones. It's because they are such a rich source of fibre afaik, great that they are a free food. Lovely on a baked potato and all free! Nyum!

That's no problem, happy to help.

Baked beans applies to all types of baked beans and not just sugar-free ones. It's because they are such a rich source of fibre afaik, great that they are a free food. Lovely on a baked potato and all free! Nyum!

Thanks for that.I agree.I can't believe that I can have all the foods I love potatoes,rice,pasta,baked beans to name a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Danniboo

Hey guys, looks like i'll have to have lunch from my local Spar Deli today any idea what I could have that won't be too bad. Thinking brown bread sandwich with ham, lettuce and tomato and no butter, just use the low fat one I have here. Plus loads of fruit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i haven't tried it yet, although I do quite regularly make my own veg soup. :)

1 can mixed bean salad
    1 can green lentils
    2 cans chopped tomatoes
    1 can baked beans
    Handful of split lentils
    2 large leeks
    1 large onion
    4 large carrots
    2 parsnips
    Green, red or yellow pepper
    2 beef stock cubes
    Salt & pepper
    Mixed herbs
    Water (enough to cover all ingredients)

Chop all veg and put everything in pan, cover with water bring to boil and simmer until veg are soft.

Can be left chunky or blended.

Can be frozen.

also, here's a list of all the superspeedy (and superfree) fruits that will help increase your weight loss.

SUPER SPEED:

Superfree:

Babaco
    Bilberries
    Blackberries
    Blackcurrants
    Boysenberries
    Cranberries
    Gooseberries
    Grapefruit
    Guava
    Kiwano
    Lemons
    Limes
    Loganberries
    Loquats
    Melon (Except watermelon)
    Pomelo
    Raspberries
    Redcurrants
    Rhubarb
    Strawberries
    Tamarillos
    Tayberries
    Whitecurrants
    Yellow plums

Danniboo wrote: »
    Hey guys, looks like i'll have to have lunch from my local Spar Deli today any idea what I could have that won't be too bad. Thinking brown bread sandwich with ham, lettuce and tomato and no butter, just use the low fat one I have here. Plus loads of fruit.

They have little salad boxes which you can ask them to make up for you. Get a nice one with lots of yummy salad, ham and a boiled egg and buy your own lowfat dressing to put on top it maybe?

melon are superfree, not superspeed

doesn't mean you can't enjoy them!

sorry, that should have been "watermelon" aren't superspeed

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Dair

I usually get a salad tray for lunch, ham,lettuce, tomato, onion, sweetcorn, boiled egg, cucmber and peppers. i take one of the 15g mayo satchels and syn the mayo everything else is free :) usually a banana or apple with it
    Danniboo wrote: »

emma_mc123 wrote: »
    melon are superfree, not superspeed

doesn't mean you can't enjoy them!
    that's just a list of the fruit that is both superfree and superspeed, which includes melon (with the exception of watermelon). sorry if it wasn't clear, but yes, watermelon is still super free and super tasty! just not super speedy. :)

Hi all,
    Im on the green plan and it sayd the quorn garlic and herb filletes are 4 1/2 syns on one part and 10 syns on another part. Does anyone here use them and know the correct syns?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Hi all,
    Im on the green plan and it sayd the quorn garlic and herb filletes are 4 1/2 syns on one part and 10 syns on another part. Does anyone here use them and know the correct syns?

Just pay attention to the syn value in green and you'll be on plan. :-)

• Advertisement

thanks its just the calculator is hard to follow with the free food part, ill just put down 4 and a half and hope for the best lol. thanks for ur help :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement