Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

I've just had a day from HELL!!! I mean HELL!!! it involed cake, chips and ice cream. all in that order!!! I'm going to go to bed now, and just put it all behind me!!! I'm down with this day!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I was totally bold yesterday and had a special curry with fried rice in the local chinese ... I'll keep my syns low for the rest of the week to compensate .

It was allowed though... it was my birthday. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Happy Birthday Achilles, once you enjoy ur curry that's all that matters.

Well for once it's not me coming on saying I was so bold lol. I was good yest was out sorting stuff out yest parked in mc Donald's but walked 10 min away to a place that made baked potatoes got one with tuna and salad. Then got lightly dusted plaice fillets in marks (4.5syns) then had that with wedges and savoury rice for dinner. I want a good loss this week as anything over 1lb will have me at my lightest ever

Happy birthday Achilles :D

Fair play BG. you're doing so well :) I'm back on track today! Have mince to cook for dinner but just don't know what to make! Gah. I hate meals like that because then I never end up satisfied with my choice!! Help!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Happy Birthday Achilles, proper order having a celebratory curry, hope you enjoyed!!

CC, chilli con carne is delish and Syn free, loverly on a baked potato and some l/f grated cheese on top, nyum

• Advertisement

ChewChew wrote: »
    Happy birthday Achilles :D

Fair play BG. you're doing so well :) I'm back on track today! Have mince to cook for dinner but just don't know what to make! Gah. I hate meals like that because then I never end up satisfied with my choice!! Help!

Prob too late but spag Bol or cottage pie

I went with chilli con carne and slimming world chips... YUM!!! I also had a big dollop of half fat creme fraiche and it was devine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭emma_mc123

haven't been doing too badly this week

gradually building my workouts and fruit intake again

and while my bad snacking hasn't gone away, it's still a lot lower than previous weeks

next week will be even better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Properly starting tomorrow, have huge food shop to do in the morning! Been a bit of a bad weekend with lots of drinking and junk food... Onto clean living and the gym tomorrow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭dahat

My home weigh in this morning came in at 15 st 12lb,pure delighted with that.I am down from 17st 3lb on January 1st.....

In case some ask i am following SW plan through my missus but she pays i don't so thats why i weigh at home!

• Advertisement

That's great Dahat, that's a great achievement in less then a month.

I've had a ok week stay within syns most day, yest I went little off the rail was at kids birthday party, had a small bit of cake. Then went over to my bf brought popcorn as was bit peckish (7syns) then at 10 we both were hungry so went to Chinese and got chicken with green pepper and black bean sauce. It was the small tray and we shared it so not sure if its 5 or 2 1/2 syns. I had boiled rice, he had chips.

I could of been a lot worse, there was sausages,chips, gingerbread men, cakes galore t party. So I'm happy enough I made it through the day, now roll on 2mo for weigh in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

a stone gone in 3 weeks...fairly happy with that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Danniboo

Very disappointed was hoping for my half stone award this week, instead I was up 1 and a half. Had a few glasses of wine over the weekend and finger food Saturday night, other than that I was pretty good, hopefully a better week next week

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

Danniboo wrote: »
    Very disappointed was hoping for my half stone award this week, instead I was up 1 and a half. Had a few glasses of wine over the weekend and finger food Saturday night, other than that I was pretty good, hopefully a better week next week

That could be exactly what i write tomorrow :eek: I have weigh in tonight, 1 lb for half stone.....had a few vinos myself saturday tho :(

weigh in tonight!

feeling a little, dare I say it, confident?

have been good as much as I could. a few slip ups, but nothing major
    and the exercise has been top notch

watch this space :-o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

My dad broke me. Maple pecan plait. 17 syns :(:( going so well today and all. Just checked it there. In such a foul mood now.

My dad broke me. Maple pecan plait. 17 syns :(:( going so well today and all. Just checked it there. In such a foul mood now.

Forget about it and move on

It's a slip up

Remember. Saying a you've had a bad meal, you might as well continue eating badly is like saying "oh I dropped my phone, I might as well stamp on it a bit" ;-)

Hope you feel better, one pastry defo won't make a gain

I did i. I lost 2 pound :)

Got my club ten and I'm at my lowest weight in ten years. I'm on top of the world only 1 1/2lb till I'm 9st something. It's been nearly 13 years since I could say that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Mharper

bulmersgal wrote: »
    I did i. I lost 2 pound :)

Got my club ten and I'm at my lowest weight in ten years. I'm on top of the world only 1 1/2lb till I'm 9st something. It's been nearly 13 years since I could say that :)

Congratulations and well done you must feel on top of the world :))

Thanks I'm delighted with it, still waiting to go down a size properly I'm inbetween sizes. It's gas 19lbs I've lost since last Xmas n still in same clothes :-/ starting to get few bits in smaller size tho so won't be long till everything I own doesn't fit

• Advertisement

omg, I know I said I was confident but omg!

I lost 3.5 lbs!
    I've never lost so much in a week! definitely delighted

keeping my motivated to see it tomorrow, only 1.5 to get back to my xmas weight, then another 2.5 to my 1.5stone award :-D

Feeling good tonight... tried on a jacket in Dunnes and it fit me perfectly. Stuff from that place hadn't fit me in years and suddenly I'm down to XL. Pic attached... feeling great. Ohh down by another pound btw. :-)

238699.jpg

Achilles wrote: »
    Feeling good tonight... tried on a jacket in Dunnes and it fit me perfectly. Stuff from that place hadn't fit me in years and suddenly I'm down to XL. Pic attached... feeling great. Ohh down by another pound btw. :-)
    Must add... I bought it in celebration. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Well done for all the weight losses.

Everything has gone upside down for me this week. I'd a bottle of wine (first since Christmas) one night and six slices of White bread with cheese etc., peanuts over the course of the week. No exercise. Just need a kick up my bum to get me motivated again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Well done on progress everybody! I've been as good as gold save for three vodka and slimlines at the weekend but it is very very slow to shift! Have WI this evening and want to remain positive but a decent loss would be great motivation right now! Hope everyone is having a good week xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

well done everyone...great to see the work paying off.

do you know what a great motivator is...if you go onto the slimming world website go to your progress...it shows you a projected time scale of when you should reach different stages. helps you to not think about target but instead reach for goals in between

well done everyone...great to see the work paying off.

do you know what a great motivator is...if you go onto the slimming world website go to your progress...it shows you a projected time scale of when you should reach different stages. helps you to not think about target but instead reach for goals in between

my chart looks like a heart rate monitor at the minute
    hopefully in a few weeks, it'll continue to keep going downwards :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Dair

i love the progress chart too, although not when it dips up!!! i get pissed if my target moves too far away(when you maintain or have a bad week) and it kinda gets me back on track again. WI later not confident was in london for 3 days....maintain would be the optimum result...fingers crossed!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Hey all, well done to everyone on the progress! I joined SW 2 weeks ago but only *started* it on Monday so I'm a complete newbie to it!

A bit about me, Im 32 , have about 2.5 stone to lose, and my problem is I don't eat regularly enough, I'd literally go all day without food and then eat crap.. Not good.

So far I'm finding it great, tho a lot of preparation required! But I am eating so healthy.. It's a transformation!!

I have a WI tonight, I doubt there will be any move on scales yet, but hopefully I will see it next week.

Just a question.. I made a veggie lasagne there yesterday and used a 'white sauce' recipe from the sw site, it was awful- it's egg and fat free yogurt mixed.. Rotten!!
    Does anyone have a nice white sauce recipe that's obviously low/ no syns?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭miss choc

Was very good last week had the mushy pea curry sauce with SW chips and home made chicken goujons for my DIY takeaway last Friday, then took out the slow cooker I bought for first time and made lentil, beef and veg stew on Sat was gorgeous so making it again. Had no nights out in 2 wks therefore no alcohol and the scales rewarded me with a 2.5lbs weightloss :) half a LB away from 1.5 stone so fingers crossed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement