Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭dahat

some days I've been tempted to try it but can't do it to myself lol...fair play!

It's nasty at first but small tweaks and it is edible,tiny bit of sweetener with a ever so small splash of milk just about makes it edible.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭emma_mc123

Weigh in tonight :-o
    Not feeling confident like last week
    Hoping for a maintain

Getting back on track, but feel like I’m failing on keeping up the momentum
    Really plan to stick to it this week and will definitely lose then

Got back to the gym yesterday, such a good workout! And about to go for another one this lunch break, a final push before tonight’s weigh in

And to get out of the binging routine, I will NOT be buying any hifi bars tonight!!!!

How is everyone else getting on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

dahat wrote: »
    Making Porridge with water reminds me of food ya would get during war times!!
    Had to start using water as i was going way over my milk allowance according to the Mrs.

I've gotten so use to this, I don't notice how bland it can be. I usually soak overnight, it seems to taste better in morning and it cooks quicker. Why don't u do half milk, half water to get use to it. I always put a splash of milk and bit of sweetener on top and some berries if there any in fridge

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

I always start my porridge on water then 'cool it down' with some milk. I use sweetener and also add a sprinkle of cinnamon. Yum!!

Well done everyone on their losses and Emma... Good luck tonight! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Sooo sooo annoyed! Had great week follow the plan to the letter could not of been better. Standing in queue telling myself oh this is great going to get nice loss will it be 2 or 3 or even 4.........

I was up a half pound, I realise in the grand scheme of things that's nothing but still I was expecting a loss. I'm so fed up, just going to continue following the plan and hopefully get big loss next week

Edit.... Just went online to track my progress its my week 13 and I notice on week 5 and 9 I stayed the same. So it obviously must be my body as I got good loss the next week and I've only ever had two sts and two 1/2lb gain. Happier now, looking forward to next week now

• Advertisement

stayed the same this week, just as I hoped :)

glad I didn't gain

didn't buy any hifis and am still keeping momentum for a loss next week

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Haven't been on here as I went a bit mad!

Hubby's birthday turned into birthday fortnight but have it nipped in the bud now. A bit annoyed at myself but what's done is done so just have to get on with it.

Last week I was up 5!! This week I'm down 3 so not too bad but it does mean 3 weeks "wasted" as it were, as I could be 3/4lb slimmer by now. Ah well, live and learn!

Booked Druids Glen for a night away with himself 1st of March so that's something to work towards - hoping to be down 5lb by then and I'll be my lightest in years.

Tomorrow will be a bit of a struggle, was just too cold today to go and do shopping after work so will have to forage and see what I can find in the presses

Haven't been on here as I went a bit mad!

Hubby's birthday turned into birthday fortnight but have it nipped in the bud now. A bit annoyed at myself but what's done is done so just have to get on with it.

Last week I was up 5!! This week I'm down 3 so not too bad but it does mean 3 weeks "wasted" as it were, as I could be 3/4lb slimmer by now. Ah well, live and learn!

Booked Druids Glen for a night away with himself 1st of March so that's something to work towards - hoping to be down 5lb by then and I'll be my lightest in years.

Tomorrow will be a bit of a struggle, was just too cold today to go and do shopping after work so will have to forage and see what I can find in the presses

oh I was in druids glen before christmas, they have such a lovely gym and pool area. Wish I could be a member!

their breakfasts are great too, all types of eggs, salmon and deli meats, loads of fruits. And I'm convinced the porridge was made with water so i didn't feel guilty about having a giant breakfast that day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mayo Miss

Making Porridge with water reminds me of food ya would get during war times!!
    Had to start using water as i was going way over my milk allowance according to the Mrs.
    Make your porridge with water and sweetener then when it's cooked add half a tub of syn free yogurt, strawberry or whatever one you fancy.

Add pineapple, strawberries, blueberries or whatever fruit you like as your 1/3rd super free.

The yogurt makes it really yummy and you will be saving your milk allowance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

bulmersgal wrote: »
    Sooo sooo annoyed! Had great week follow the plan to the letter could not of been better. Standing in queue telling myself oh this is great going to get nice loss will it be 2 or 3 or even 4.........

I was up a half pound, I realise in the grand scheme of things that's nothing but still I was expecting a loss. I'm so fed up, just going to continue following the plan and hopefully get big loss next week

Edit.... Just went online to track my progress its my week 13 and I notice on week 5 and 9 I stayed the same. So it obviously must be my body as I got good loss the next week and I've only ever had two sts and two 1/2lb gain. Happier now, looking forward to next week now

aww bg thats crap...that has to be all of our worst fears. but maybe it'll show next week. there was a girl in our group who was half a pound from her target last week...she stood on the scales was 5lbs up!! in a week!!! turns out she had a cough and was using regular cough bottle. it never occurred to me (or her it seems) to give for sugar free .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Danniboo

Well I was down the 1 1/2 I was up last week so determined to get my half stone award next week.

Mayo Miss wrote: »
    Make your porridge with water and sweetener then when it's cooked add half a tub of syn free yogurt, strawberry or whatever one you fancy.

Add pineapple, strawberries, blueberries or whatever fruit you like as your 1/3rd super free.

The yogurt makes it really yummy and you will be saving your milk allowance.

May just try the yoghurt trick,wife swears by them but i prefer the smaller Muller pots in general...

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Dair

WI later, fingers crossed very nervous, snow ruined yday not a bit in the house and no way of getting out, homemade lasagne from months ago so not SW, it was delish but not best dinner before WI

Hey guys, looking for some dinner inspiration, need to get rid of some stuff in the presses before they pass there sell by. What can I do with the following:

Carrots
    Broccoli
    Cauliflower
    Potatoes
    Quorn Mince
    Garlic
    Fromage Frais
    Quark
    Round Steak Mince - What are the syns like in this?
    Variety of herbs and spices
    Peppers
    Chilli
    Blue Dragon Noodles

bulmersgal wrote: »
    I've gotten so use to this, I don't notice how bland it can be. I usually soak overnight, it seems to taste better in morning and it cooks quicker. Why don't u do half milk, half water to get use to it. I always put a splash of milk and bit of sweetener on top and some berries if there any in fridge

Done this way this morning,was ok,still a bit like gruel tbh but saving my milk and thats the gain out of manky porridge!

Done this way this morning,was ok,still a bit like gruel tbh but saving my milk and thats the gain out of manky porridge!

Oh this sounds like torture, why not have some cereal and just throw some fruit or yoghurt in to it. Or just have fruit and yoghurt and maybe a couple of eggs, bacon??? Don't know why you'd put yourself through this when there's so many alternatives.

Danniboo wrote: »
    Oh this sounds like torture, why not have some cereal and just throw some fruit or yoghurt in to it. Or just have fruit and yoghurt and maybe a couple of eggs, bacon??? Don't know why you'd put yourself through this when there's so many alternatives.

Porridge does fill me and i find it great for energy through the morning,stuff is like rocket fuel for the system imo..
    Other cereals do nothing for me except Museli but that stuff is far too expensive,Aldi have porridge for less than 2 euro for a big bag,i will get weeks out of it at 35gms a day

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭clicli

Weigh this morning, and I have lost 1.5 pounds, delighted as I now have my first half stone award, and more motivation to keep going. I hope everyone else is having a good week, my stitches are finally starting to heal fully so I will be back in work next week, I'm actually missing it, dying of boredom here!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Am so thrilled. Down 2.5lbs so just 1.5lbs away now from my half-stone award. Just the boost I needed! :)

Down one lb, so last weeks gain off little disappointed but better than another gain :) havent done much body magic this month so going to try join a class tonight to get me back on the wagon. Very hard to get out walking in the weather!!

• Advertisement

Dair wrote: »
    Down one lb, so last weeks gain off little disappointed but better than another gain :) havent done much body magic this month so going to try join a class tonight to get me back on the wagon. Very hard to get out walking in the weather!!

one pound is not something to beat yourself up about, it's great!

and you already know how to improve upon it :)

it is hard in the horrible weather to get out, and even eating fruit is hard when you feel so cold

any body magic you can do indoors?

Dair wrote: »

I agree that it is but maybe you should set yourself a Body Magic challenge? I've potentially been a little over ambitious and am in the 2nd week of my 8-week Gold challenge. Means I have to exercise five times a week for half an hour. Having to meet that commitment means that my usual excuses about it being cold outside or me being tired don't work....I even got caught up in a hail shower yesterday! Why don't you set yourself a Bronze body magic challenge and then there are simply no excuses? It's working well for me so far.

Im still doing the couch to 5k. it is really hard in this weather....but by the summer I really want to be able to just chuck on a pair of runners and go...so in order to do that I have to get working now.

but say for example during the snow when its really impossible to get out I do a 30 min aerobics work out. I just went on to you tube and searched for one...hooked the laptop up to the tv and got going. its called cafe mom 30 min cardio if anyone is interested.

I can't afford gym membership or aerobics classes so thsee two things are free and enjoying.

I'm a bit dubious...don't get me wrong I'm happy with my weightloss but with the running and the aerobics I'm losing 3 to 4 lbs a week...which is great but I see people in the group losing 5 and 10lbs a week without doing any exercise at all!

Well done Hannibal. Another amazing option is Gina Michael's 30-Day Shred DVD.....not for the faint-hearted but worth getting! :)
    I'm a bit dubious...don't get me wrong I'm happy with my weightloss but with the running and the aerobics I'm losing 3 to 4 lbs a week...which is great but I see people in the group losing 5 and 10lbs a week without doing any exercise at all!

Surely people losing those kind of amounts have massive amounts to lose though?

And don't be hard on yourself about the 3-4lbs a week......:eek: I'd be amazed with that. I'm averaging about 1.5lbs a week and I'm thrilled to bits! :D

going to bring out my tough love, no nonsense side here...

the basics of it are

exercise is not essential to weight loss

BUT

exercise IS essential to fat loss

when people lose weight using diet alone, approximately 20% of this loss is muscle deterioration

I always walk sat and sun but during the week with work( usually 9-7) i find it hard. I was swimming but have to rejoin. Im going to try get two classes in per week so thst should be exercise 4 times a week wich will help. Im a slow weigh loss at the minute but thats just the way my body is, i had good lossses at the start but im 6months in now and its still going down so im happy :)
    Emma i agree the fruit is hard in winter but making up for it with salad and veg. love walking so looking forward to brighter evening to get out again.

yeah they do have a lot to lose...but they're steaming a head getting award after award and I'm sat there with me two stickers after slogging me guts out all week lol

either way...my heart is healthy...my lungs are healthy and I'm actually running which I couldn't do 4 weeks ago

I would be jumping from the rooftops if i was losing 3-4 a week!!!! And i have to ask the people losing the huge 5-10, do they have alot to lose?

I'm a bit dubious...don't get me wrong I'm happy with my weightloss but with the running and the aerobics I'm losing 3 to 4 lbs a week...which is great but I see people in the group losing 5 and 10lbs a week without doing any exercise at all![/QUOTE]

running is an achievement Hannibal GO YOU!!

• Advertisement

Anyone know what I could do with some quark, fromage frais, quorn mince, herbs and some veggies for dinner?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement