Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Merkin wrote: »
    Are you sure you're not thinking of a biryani?

Yep I am, dam not reading post right and seeing what I want to see lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

lol...don't think about it....I promise its worthit...sw chips and curry sauce is a really good synfree cheat.

not today though...today my flexi syns are for a Chinese and a bottle of wine ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Dair

Try it, i dont really like cury sauce but when im in a i want junk mood.....totallly works!!!
    Yum, I love Jewel in the Crown as well. I haven't tried the curry sauce because I can't get my head around using ingredients like peas and beans together! :eek:

Yum, I love Jewel in the Crown as well. I haven't tried the curry sauce because I can't get my head around using ingredients like peas and beans together! :eek:

I hate beans and peas but love this curry sauce

Was so bold today, been pissed off looking for a new apartment. Tuesday night viewed a kip, Wednesday stood out in rain while nobody showed up and today had viewing for 1 landlord says oh I'm just getting my hair done can you come back in half hour. Went down to citywest shopping centre and they have new deli/butchers got brown bread roll with chicken an coleslaw ohh my god it was delicious. They gave me free packet of crisps but they 13syns so I not eating them. Went up to view the place then at half one and it's another kip.

What's wrong with landlords like they want 900 a month and the apartments are disgusting no spring cleaning would get it nice :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

bulmersgal wrote: »
    Was so bold today, been pissed off looking for a new apartment. Tuesday night viewed a kip, Wednesday stood out in rain while nobody showed up and today had viewing for 1 landlord says oh I'm just getting my hair done can you come back in half hour. Went down to citywest shopping centre and they have new deli/butchers got brown bread roll with chicken an coleslaw ohh my god it was delicious. They gave me free packet of crisps but they 13syns so I not eating them. Went up to view the place then at half one and it's another kip.

What's wrong with landlords like they want 900 a month and the apartments are disgusting no spring cleaning would get it nice :(

Landlords are a joke... we cleaned up our place really nice and anything that needs to be fixed or improved (new shelves etc) I just end up doing myself because the clowns they get in to do it themselves (when they can be arsed) are awful.

I don't mind a place that needs a spring clean as will be doing that myself when I move in. These places are disgusting, horrible smells, everything really old and filthy. The landlord said to me straight out your not interest and I was like no I'd get better else. For 900 a month I'm not expecting a palace just somewhere clean. Also be very handy if the places in photos where like the place they take you too

I was in citywest today bg! probably passed ya.

Im surprised rents are still so high...I guess more people are renting now though so landlords are calling the shots

So many people Hannibal, 7 couples stood out in rain last night for half hour waiting on landlord to turn up, I gave up rain was torrential.

bulmersgal wrote: »
    So many people Hannibal, 7 couples stood out in rain last night for half hour waiting on landlord to turn up, I gave up rain was torrential.

its just pure ignorance to do that. imagine the kind of landlord they are

• Advertisement

Must stop eating junk after 2 great weeks I had a Indian last night and a steak n chips with pepper sauce meal out today. Bought were delicious and really enjoy them.

I needed a bit of blow out though as I was getting fed up as my weight loss is slowing as I don't need to lose much more

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Today in our house it's normally 'chips & something quick in the oven' day so I thought I would sruggle but I found a Slimming World recipe for 2.5 syn chicken kievs which I did with syn-free chips & baked beans. Was absolutely stuffed after & only used up 2.5 syns while getting my junk food hit, happy days ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

I made the SW carbonara this evening with bacon and onions, it was amazing! I just might live on this for the next week ha ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Today in our house it's normally 'chips & something quick in the oven' day so I thought I would sruggle but I found a Slimming World recipe for 2.5 syn chicken kievs which I did with syn-free chips & baked beans. Was absolutely stuffed after & only used up 2.5 syns while getting my junk food hit, happy days ;-)

Nyum, do you have a recipe for that please?

Nyum, do you have a recipe for that please?

It's basically just taking a chicken breast & slicing a slit in it.
    Make a mix with 1-2 level spoons of butter, some parsley & garlic flakes.
    Put the mixture into the slit in the chicken.
    Dip the chicken in beaten egg & then some breadcrumbs.
    Secure the opening with a cocktail stick.
    Bake for 20-25mins in the oven (smiley).

My OH had a store bought kiev & it looked tiny in comparison to my Slimming World version, was much happier with my one haha!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,978 ✭✭✭✭celtic-chick

Weigh in today stayed the same:( A bit disappointed with myself but what do I expect,I had a bad week last week just could'nt stop eating junk.At least it's not a gain.I bought myself an actifry today.Just wondering weather you spray your oil on the spoon or your chips,sausages etc.

Good luck everyone with your weigh in this week :)

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

If I've had a bad week.. I'd be happy with a stay the same! Well done though... tomorrow is the start of your new week :)

I've been super good this week. I'm really hoping for my next award. been getting in loads of good, long, fast walks and am joining Zumba tomorrow so fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Can i join in guys?

Im doing SW for over a year now and im down 17 & 1/2 lbs. Going for the 2 stone if i can. Its coming off slowly but im happy. If i get a lb a week off from here on in id be happy.
    Im doing the Couch 2 5k as well at the moment so hoping that will boost or help my loss as well.

3lbs down...that's me stone and a half and me club 10...I'm happy with that.

I'm doing the couch to 5k thing too andreac....well I started on it....now I just run for as long as I can lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

I've fallen off the bandwagon but still lost a pound this week from almost my walkng. Back on it in full today. Going to fit in gym session too hopefully.

• Advertisement

Im on Week 6 at the moment so doing well. Its not as hard as i thought it would be. Im doing the Operation Transformation run on Sat, my first 5k, looking forward to it!!

andreac wrote: »
    Im on Week 6 at the moment so doing well. Its not as hard as i thought it would be. Im doing the Operation Transformation run on Sat, my first 5k, looking forward to it!!

excellent...I started it in Jan and in fairness I've stuck to it hail rain or snow...I'm determined to get fit so I can go running by the summer. but I found when I was always watching the clock to see when I could stop running lol.

so now instead of going by the couch to 5k times I just keep running until I have to stop. Im pushing a one year old in a buggy too...I'm sure I look like a right eejit ;)

well done doing 5k after six weeks...that's excellent. can you now run without stopping for 5k? when you run are you dying or are you at ease with it?

sorry for all the questions but I dont know anyone else doing it and I'm dying to get to the superfit look at me jogging like a pro bit lol

Oh i cant run the whole 5k just yet, but i have ran 20mins continuously twice and the next long run is 25 mins. I dont think ill be able to do the whole 5k running on sat but ill give it my best shot!!

andreac wrote: »
    Oh i cant run the whole 5k just yet, but i have ran 20mins continuously twice and the next long run is 25 mins. I dont think ill be able to do the whole 5k running on sat but ill give it my best shot!!

that's fantastic! well done....I'm no where near running 20 mins non stop...but I am running a lot further and longer than when I started so I will get there.

I bet you felt fantastic when you finished

So after a week of being bold I got a stay the same. So got to be extra good this week to try get good loss this week

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

that ain't so bad bg.... I love a stay the same after a naughty week :) my weigh in is tomorrow. I'm hoping I do well. I've been so good, but I've reintroduced lots of exercise so that might put me back a week but we will see. I joined Zumba tonight. now that is some work out but by god is it fun!!

Yeah delighted as had Indian, steak dinner n chips in restaurant, mc Donald's, sambo's soup and chips at funeral yest so all kind of crap but I enjoyed it. Back on track now going to try get some work outs in

First weigh in tomorrow. Have this dread of being the only one who doesn't lose anything in their first week!!
    I know I didn't keep to my syns the first day cos I hadn't gone shopping so didn't have the proper food in, the second day I miscounted the syns in a roll I had.
    Tomorrow will tell if it was all worthwhile :-)

good luck ms...first week is tricky...hope you get a good result!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

ChewChew wrote: »
    that ain't so bad bg.... I love a stay the same after a naughty week :) my weigh in is tomorrow. I'm hoping I do well. I've been so good, but I've reintroduced lots of exercise so that might put me back a week but we will see. I joined Zumba tonight. now that is some work out but by god is it fun!!

Why does up upping the exercise have a negative effect on your losses at first? I've gone from three to five hours of cardio this week and was hoping it would show!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement