Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

bulmersgal wrote: »
    So made my butternut squash soup but forgot to put in potatoe so it's just a super free soup so that's good.

Then had the mushy pea curry with the baked beans in it. Sounds rotten but for somebody who doesn't like mushy peas or baked beans it was massive. Had the look and taste of proper curry sauce when blend. It's a super free and even better a SUPER SPEED. I had actifry chips n rice, can't wait to eat it again. Loads left over so froze them in individual pots so if I want curry I can just defrost one of them.

The recipe if anybody wants to try it is.
    2 onions
    Clove of garlic
    Tin of mushy peas
    Tin of baked beans
    Tin of tomatoes
    Tin of water
    2 chicken stock cube
    2 dessert spoons of curry powder ( I used mild)

Fry the onions for 2 min, add the curry powder fry another minute. Then add the rest of ingredients bring to boil, cook for few minutes then blend.

I added a bit more curry powder 1/2 spoon as could still taste peas. Also some people like to put it through a sieve after blending
    misslt wrote: »
    I am dieting just not following any particular plan!

The curry also intrigued me, it'll definitely be one to consider too! But the idea of beans and mushy peas is odd :p

Maybe I'm just not adventurous enough :P

There's the recipe I posted it a while back, I hate beans and peas but every1 who's tried this loves it. Including me, it taste and looks like proper curry sauce from Chinese even has the right thickness.

When I first made it i didn't add chicken I fried that in a pan separate.

It really is worth a shot it cost about €2/3 to make and you get big pot full, so loads leftover to freeze

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

bulmersgal wrote: »
    There's the recipe I posted it a while back, I hate beans and peas but every1 who's tried this loves it. Including me, it taste and looks like proper curry sauce from Chinese even has the right thickness.

When I first made it i didn't add chicken I fried that in a pan separate.

It really is worth a shot it cost about €2/3 to make and you get big pot full, so loads leftover to freeze

Okay I'll give it a shot, I LOVE curry so you've convinced me :)

Thank you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

I'm posting this now so I can look back and laugh tomorrow...off out with the girls tonight..wearing my new dress which is a size down ;) ...we're meeting in a cocktail bar so I can order martini extra dry woohooo...and when we move on I'll switch to coors light. I'm gonna make slimming world chips and curry sauce so when they go for chips I can say no head home and stuff my face. I'll have today's syns, tomorrow's and Monday's so that should see me through a few beers without doing too much damage.

oh how things have changed...so much thought going into a night out...it used to be a bus into town... bulmers ...Charlies and then home. probably the main reason why I'm in slimming world :D

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

a bus into town... bulmers ...Charlies and then home. probably the main reason why I'm in slimming world :D
    this gave me a right old laugh!!! :D:D:D Part of my problem too I think :D

nice one on the dress though... isn't it lovely to buy something and it IS smaller? well done you!! :D

I have some girls calling tomorrow. They are friends I have made via slimming world, and we have become very close on our journey so I am going to make some snacks. I have made 1 syn scones and I put a batch of syn free onion bhaji's in the oven. Going to make chilli con carne, and stuff halved peppers with them. yummy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

ChewChew wrote: »
    this gave me a right old laugh!!! :D:D:D Part of my problem too I think :D

nice one on the dress though... isn't it lovely to buy something and it IS smaller? well done you!! :D

I have some girls calling tomorrow. They are friends I have made via slimming world, and we have become very close on our journey so I am going to make some snacks. I have made 1 syn scones and I put a batch of syn free onion bhaji's in the oven. Going to make chilli con carne, and stuff halved peppers with them. yummy :D

Oh chew chew could u possibly give me the recipe for the scones and the bhaji's?! I need 'bad' food this weekend!! Lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

aww that's lovely...the food sounds delish ...+ 1 on the onion bahjis !

Of course... it's so simple:

2 medium sweet potatoes
    2 medium red onions
    1 x 400g can chick peas
    1 tsp cumin
    1 tsp madras
    1 tsp turmeric
    1 tsp mixed herbs
    1 egg, beaten
    Frylight

-Peel and cube sweet potatoes and steam till soft.
    -Whilst they’re steaming, thinly slice onions and soften on a low heat.
    -Rinse and drain a tin of chick peas.
    -Put chick peas in a bowl and mash roughly with the sweet potato. Add spices and mixed herbs. Maybe a bit of chilli if you want spicier ones.
    -Add your softened onions and a beaten egg and mix in.
    -Spray a foiled tray with frylight, dollop on the mixture, spray them again and then bake for about 20-35 minutes on 180. Depends on the wetness of the mixture and the size of your bhajis.
    -You want them to be golden brown on the outside but still soft on the inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

ChewChew wrote: »
    Of course... it's so simple:

2 medium sweet potatoes
    2 medium red onions
    1 x 400g can chick peas
    1 tsp cumin
    1 tsp madras
    1 tsp turmeric
    1 tsp mixed herbs
    1 egg, beaten
    Frylight

-Peel and cube sweet potatoes and steam till soft.
    -Whilst they’re steaming, thinly slice onions and soften on a low heat.
    -Rinse and drain a tin of chick peas.
    -Put chick peas in a bowl and mash roughly with the sweet potato. Add spices and mixed herbs. Maybe a bit of chilli if you want spicier ones.
    -Add your softened onions and a beaten egg and mix in.
    -Spray a foiled tray with frylight, dollop on the mixture, spray them again and then bake for about 20-35 minutes on 180. Depends on the wetness of the mixture and the size of your bhajis.
    -You want them to be golden brown on the outside but still soft on the inside.

Thanks a million chew chew, any chance of the scone recipe too? :). Oh and do u think real potatoes could go on instead of sweet ones? I really don't like sweet potato!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Danniboo

Hey, Well i've been off the wagon since last Wednesday finished my last college assignment so was busy with that then had a few days off went away for a night, eating and drinking all around me, i'd two desserts and a couple of bags of crips, other than that no sweet stuff. Did have a few meals out and plenty of wine/beer. Weigh in tonight :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭bewhiched

Ahh it's tough going I have a very sweet tooth and I'd love a mars bar and a jalfezi Indian the weekend but just bit my tongue. Hope you do well tonight just have to try stick it out! Just until we get to our weight target!!!

• Advertisement

bewhiched wrote: »
    Ahh it's tough going I have a very sweet tooth and I'd love a mars bar and a jalfezi Indian the weekend but just bit my tongue. Hope you do well tonight just have to try stick it out! Just until we get to our weight target!!!

I don't even have a particular sweet tooth, love crisps and the odd bit of chocolate, cakes etc can take or leave them. I just don't get away with anything :( Thanks ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Dair

i had an AWFUL weekend, chips twice, crisps twice, peanuts and went out for drinks!!!Will try get back on track for WI wednesday, i think i just needed a blowout!!

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Tigerton

Ladies I'm joining you in the terrible weekend; the inlaws were visiting. Ended up having chips twice, cake twice, and fondue (liquid cheese, ridiculously high in syns). All bad.
    Onwards and upwards though...!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

My main issue is I LOVE creamy sauces with my food. I am a great one for experimenting and I just keep adding stuff until I like the taste. So on experimenting the other night, I came up with a creamy beef stir fry recipe(almost like a quick beef stragnoff,can't spell that) so just thought I'd share:
    Beef strips and whatever Veg and herbs You want to add. Stir fry.
    Add about 2 tablespoons of tomato puree,or until its all coated. Then add soy sauce. Then just before serving add a good dollop of low fat creme fraiche and stir. I had it with noodles. Depending on if you can find fat free creme fraiche or not, I think it could be completely free or Very low syns. It was delicious!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I've had a bad fortnight! I can be so good and so focused but then I just sabotage myself. I made an agreement with hubby last night that there would be no treats during the week at all but could have some at weekend. I'm hoping that by Saturday I'll have a bit of resolve back and can have something small that I can syn, not go mad

Gee_G wrote: »
    My main issue is I LOVE creamy sauces with my food. I am a great one for experimenting and I just keep adding stuff until I like the taste. So on experimenting the other night, I came up with a creamy beef stir fry recipe(almost like a quick beef stragnoff,can't spell that) so just thought I'd share:
    Beef strips and whatever Veg and herbs You want to add. Stir fry.
    Add about 2 tablespoons of tomato puree,or until its all coated. Then add soy sauce. Then just before serving add a good dollop of low fat creme fraiche and stir. I had it with noodles. Depending on if you can find fat free creme fraiche or not, I think it could be completely free or Very low syns. It was delicious!
    Thanks for that. Sounds yum. I've never been able to find fat free creme fraiche (I found FF fromage frais though!) but I did find half fat creme fraiche in Tesco and it's only 1.5 syns per tbsp :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭miss choc

That sounds yum I made Beef Strogonoff before but fried meat too long and was hard. I have a slow cooker now so would make it tender. I too love creamy sauces will eat creamy tomato at a push but love anything like creamy mushroom, carbonara etc so the creme fraiche, low fat cheese and quark help me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

miss choc wrote: »
    That sounds yum I made Beef Strogonoff before but fried meat too long and was hard. I have a slow cooker now so would make it tender. I too love creamy sauces will eat creamy tomato at a push but love anything like creamy mushroom, carbonara etc so the creme fraiche, low fat cheese and quark help me
    I fried the beef very slowly and put a lid on it to stop it going rubbery. Yeah quark is going in to a lot of my dishes lately! :)

I'm almost sure my sister said she got the fat free creme fraiche in Dunnes,must ask her again as I could only get the normal one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭noveltea

I joined slimming world a few weeks ago, going well so far, trying to stick to the plan.

I am going out with work this week for a meal to luigi malones would anyone be able to advise on what meal I should have? I am on the extra easy plan and eat everything except mushrooms.

Thanks

http://www.luigimalones.com/menus/main.pdf

http://www.luigimalones.com/menus/earlybird.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

noveltea wrote: »
    I joined slimming world a few weeks ago, going well so far, trying to stick to the plan.

I am going out with work this week for a meal to luigi malones would anyone be able to advise on what meal I should have? I am on the extra easy plan and eat everything except mushrooms.

Thanks

If it were me I'd prob have the steamed mussels to start (even if they came with a sauce the actual mussels you're eating wouldn't have much on it) and the baked salmon fillet and ask to have it with a jacket potato. Others might be able to give different advice, that's just what I'd do!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mayo Miss

noveltea wrote: »

Thanks

Thanks for making me drool looking at those menu's. :D

If I had to have a starter I'd go for the leek & potato soup. Or you could ask them to make up a salad with dressing on the side. (they do caesar salad so they have all the ingredients)

For main I'd have the steak and ask for veg or side salad instead of fried onions/mushrooms. It's not clear what type of spuds they have but ask for baby potatoes or mash (watch out if the mash is too creamy, can be loads of butter or cream).

For desert have a coffee and/or have one or two spoons of someone else's desert. Mmmmmm cheesecake.........

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭emma_mc123

weigh in tonight :-o

eek!

I'm a little bit optimistic, not expecting loads, but I was so good with diet and stopping the vending machine (finally made it an entire week!!)

fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

emma_mc123 wrote: »
    weigh in tonight :-o

eek!

I'm a little bit optimistic, not expecting loads, but I was so good with diet and stopping the vending machine (finally made it an entire week!!)

fingers crossed

Good luck ;-)

I've my weigh in tomorrow but not feeling too good about it, feeling really bloated but it's that time of the months so I don't know how that's gonna effect the scales, that's my excuse anyway!!!

I stayed the same this week can't believe it. Going to try be extra good this week, was very cheeky and set a mini target of 2lbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Danniboo wrote: »
    I stayed the same this week can't believe it. Going to try be extra good this week, was very cheeky and set a mini target of 2lbs.

I'm the same, second week maintaining but it's been busy week and just moved in with boyfriend. I set mini target of 1 as I'm nearly at target

Guys have a dinner out Thursday night and these seem to be the best options, which would you suggest

Penne Pasta -With Fillet of Beef & Tiger Prawns, Chilli, Tomato & Cream

Slow Cooked Rump of Lamb- Served with Mashed Potato, Roasting Gravy

Roast Breast of Barbary Duck -Served Colcannon & Pink Peppercorn

Pan Fried Fillet of Salmon – With Capers, Lemon, Croutons, Butter Sauce & Baby Roast Potatoes

Supreme of Chicken – Topped with a Creamy Button Mushroom Sauce and Served with Champ Potatoes.

Pan Fried Breast of Chicken – Marinated in Olive Oil, Garlic & Basil Served with Pan- Fried Potatoes & Seasonal Salad Leaves

Starters - Chowder, Soup or House Salad

Sorry for the essay:P

Danniboo wrote: »
    Guys have a dinner out Thursday night and these seem to be the best options, which would you suggest

Penne Pasta -With Fillet of Beef & Tiger Prawns, Chilli, Tomato & Cream

Slow Cooked Rump of Lamb- Served with Mashed Potato, Roasting Gravy

Roast Breast of Barbary Duck -Served Colcannon & Pink Peppercorn

Pan Fried Fillet of Salmon – With Capers, Lemon, Croutons, Butter Sauce & Baby Roast Potatoes

Supreme of Chicken – Topped with a Creamy Button Mushroom Sauce and Served with Champ Potatoes.

Pan Fried Breast of Chicken – Marinated in Olive Oil, Garlic & Basil Served with Pan- Fried Potatoes & Seasonal Salad Leaves

Starters - Chowder, Soup or House Salad

Sorry for the essay:P

If I were you, I'd go for the salmon and order the sauce separate

:)

2lbs down :)

so happy, 2 weeks in a row, finally

lets make a loss next week and it'll be a hat trick :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

4.5lbs down this week my first big loss in a while. Happy with that though... won slimmer of the week again too! That makes my third time, lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

1/2lb down this week, not as good as last week but was kind of expecting it.
    Just looking at it as at least I didn't go up & I am still down 4lbs in 2 weeks :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement