Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Had my weigh in last night and was +0.5 lbs, was absolutely raging! I know I haven't been great with my water and fruit consumption so maybe that played a part in it, and also am nearing time of month.. But hey onwards and upwards I guess :(

I have my daughters confirmation and I will try to be good but I'd like to let my hair down too though..

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Well done everyone on your losses :D I went down 1.5 tonight!! I'm so thrilled! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭miss choc

Gonna try and be good Fri/Sat on Sunday going for a long walk with friends but taking a detour at the end to a yummy cafe for brunch with a glass of wine too to treat ourselves after the body magic. The menu is delish I would eat anything there a lot of it involves cream, oils, cheese and deep fried stuff :( but I got over my 1.5 stone so I will eat fruit before the walk and have that treat the syns will be worth it Mmm Eggs Benedict :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Lost 4lbs at Last nights weigh in, delighted! :) I didn't make last weeks weigh in so it's 4lbs over two weeks but still delighted, :)
    Well done everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Another 2lbs gone - ooooh I can almost smell the one stone award within my reach!

Well done everyone on great losses this week x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Ahhh I'll be up next week, it's my star week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

anyone got any tips for a really good loss? I don't want to do success express...but wouldn't mind like a 4lb loss or something like that?

anyone got any tips for a really good loss? I don't want to do success express...but wouldn't mind like a 4lb loss or something like that?

Up your Super speedy intake this week Hannibal and you'll definitely see a difference. Most white fish is superspeedy so if you incorporate that into a few meals between now and next WI you will notice a difference. It also has a marvellous knack of keeping you really full so I think that too has a knock-on effect. I do things like Thai steamed cod with noodles and smoked haddock wrapped in parma ham (1/2 Syn per slice), you can also do delicious fish curries etc and prawn stir-fries. God I've made myself hungry now!! :)

Merkin wrote: »

Up your Super speedy intake this week Hannibal and you'll definitely see a difference. Most white fish is superspeedy so if you incorporate that into a few meals between now and next WI you will notice a difference. It also has a marvellous knack of keeping you really full so I think that too has a knock-on effect. I do things like Thai steamed cod with noodles and smoked haddock wrapped in parma ham (1/2 Syn per slice), you can also do delicious fish curries etc and prawn stir-fries. God I've made myself hungry now!! :)

yum they sound lovely thanks merkin . will go all superspeedy ...if I made the mushy pea curry sauce that might be nice with prawns?

I haven't made the sauce yet but if you like it then why not!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Tigerton

Well done on the losses guys! I stayed the same which I'm thrilled with considering the week of pure boldness I had.
    Iv been very good yesterday and today so I'm determined to stay in track!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Achilles wrote: »
    Ahhh I'll be up next week, it's my star week.

I'm a bloke by the way. ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Day 3 of no crisps or snacking for no reason. Since I moved into apartment last week am finding it hard that my sitting room, kitchen are all together so it's very easy to snack without thinking. Also starting to go back to old habits of eating junk with boyfriend so gave myself a big talk and I'm finding it hard. But I've returned to being good and doing food diary etc and treating this like my first week so hopefully get my mini target of 1 next week 3 weeks now I've been on the verge of seeing my new stone number and it's my final time to every drop a stone number so dying to get there :)

Achilles wrote: »

I'm a bloke by the way. ;-)

pmsl...I'm so glad you said that coz I was thinking I'm sure he posted a pick a while ago and he looked very much like a bloke :D

bulmersgal wrote: »
    Day 3 of no crisps or snacking for no reason. Since I moved into apartment last week am finding it hard that my sitting room, kitchen are all together so it's very easy to snack without thinking. Also starting to go back to old habits of eating junk with boyfriend so gave myself a big talk and I'm finding it hard. But I've returned to being good and doing food diary etc and treating this like my first week so hopefully get my mini target of 1 next week 3 weeks now I've been on the verge of seeing my new stone number and it's my final time to every drop a stone number so dying to get there :)

bg...I found my syns creeping up over the last few weeks so this week I've started a syn log. literally just logging my syns because you think you'll remember them all but I'm finding I don't :o and I finally feel I'mstrict with myself again.

bg...I found my syns creeping up over the last few weeks so this week I've started a syn log. literally just logging my syns because you think you'll remember them all but I'm finding I don't :o and I finally feel I'mstrict with myself again.

It's true I use to forget about 2 here 1/2 there so it need to be done. I done diary 3 weeks ago and lost pound and a half but I wasn't strict with syns was up at 15 most days this week trying to keep as low as possible

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Dair

A maintain again this week...i know its better than a loss, buts its the 3rd week running!!

Just made a huge pot of the mushy pea curry,the recipe someone posted here few weeks ago. It is amazing! Nicer then any of the Sauces like Mc Donnells etc. :)

I've still not found the courage to make that curry!! lol.

I've been doing well, I have a tough week ahead and I slipped a bit this evening. Felt guilty then so went for a long, fast walk. Also, got the sea bass fillets from superquinn (€2 ea at the mo!!) and baked one which was yummy. Have to continue being good now!

ChewChew wrote: »
    I've still not found the courage to make that curry!! lol.

I've been doing well, I have a tough week ahead and I slipped a bit this evening. Felt guilty then so went for a long, fast walk. Also, got the sea bass fillets from superquinn (€2 ea at the mo!!) and baked one which was yummy. Have to continue being good now!
    It looks so wrong when you're putting it all in the pot together and as somebody else said it shouldn't work but it does :) Even my oh thought it was just gorgeous!

• Advertisement

I just might try it out :o

I bought the taste of asia book. Oh my good divine lord above! The recipes are just delicious!

ChewChew wrote: »
    I just might try it out :o

I bought the taste of asia book. Oh my good divine lord above! The recipes are just delicious!

Have you tried anything in book it all looks so good

I hate weekends, hope my boldness doesn't effect my weight loss this week.

I've had a bad weekend and this week is not good either. Roll on next week!

BG, I tried the beef and black bean sauce. Oh my god it was delicious!! Ill deffo be trying more recipes this weekend

I've also had a bad week!:( Meals have been great but had a few treats too many! Hoping I might scrape the 1.5lb loss to make my half stone! Time will tell!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,978 ✭✭✭✭celtic-chick

3.5lb loss this week.I think I will buy the taste of asia book next week,try something different

We were away for a long weekend and I'd promised myself free reign and promised myself I wouldn't feel guilty either. Had a lot of prosecco, chocolate, pizza, dessert (panncotta) and I'm now actually DREADING weigh-in....unfortunately have a massive case of the guilts even though I said I wouldn't. Very firmly back on the horse today! :o

so all me superspeed got me 2lbs off...was hoping for more but only started superspeeding on thurs so I'm hoping to really up the ante. I have 3.5lbs to go for my next stone and I'm gonna get there...or do my best tryin.

good luck every one ..hope your weigh in aren't as bad you think and sure New week new start!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Danniboo

Down 2lbs this week and finally got my half stone award chuffed :D

Down a half so finally seeing 9 stone :-O :-D

It's mad as this my lowest since I was 14, my highest was over 14st.

Only 2 1/2lb so get my 1 1/2 stone award. Hopefully this month I'll get that :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭maydream

Joined sw last night have a stone and 10 pounds to lose. Have already lost 2stone with exercise an healthy eating but seriously need a boost, only down three pounds since jan!
    To be honest, finding it hard to follow. But going to read the books again tonight.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement