Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Danniboo

maydream wrote: »
    Joined sw last night have a stone and 10 pounds to lose. Have already lost 2stone with exercise an healthy eating but seriously need a boost, only down three pounds since jan!
    To be honest, finding it hard to follow. But going to read the books again tonight.

Everyone feels a bit confused about it at first but it's brilliant once you get the hang of it. I'm terrible in the kitchen, i'd burn fish fingers, but the recipes are so simple and straight forward. The classes are great, so much better than WW or Unislim, in my opinion. Best of luck with your first week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Does anybody know anything good for energy. Just seem to be drained lately, in bed exhausted watching tutorials for college :(

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭maydream

Danniboo wrote: »

Everyone feels a bit confused about it at first but it's brilliant once you get the hang of it. I'm terrible in the kitchen, i'd burn fish fingers, but the recipes are so simple and straight forward. The classes are great, so much better than WW or Unislim, in my opinion. Best of luck with your first week :)

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Joined sw last night have a stone and 10 pounds to lose. Have already lost 2stone with exercise an healthy eating but seriously need a boost, only down three pounds since jan!
    To be honest, finding it hard to follow. But going to read the books again tonight.

You're very welcome, we're a friendly old bunch here. Just read the books you have from cover to cover and if you've any questions just ask. Well done on your brilliant loss already. You'll love SW, it's not at all restrictive so doesn't feel like a "diet". Best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I went boozing twice last week and I was still down 1lb.

My Dad even managed to convince my drunken self to have a doner kebab with some chips. No idea how I managed that at all... I was very good for the rest of the week I suppose.

Ahh well it's a new week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

bulmersgal wrote: »
    Does anybody know anything good for energy. Just seem to be drained lately, in bed exhausted watching tutorials for college :(
    My friend and my OH swear by Berocca,but my OH is convinced he gets withdrawals of some sort if/when he doesn't take them.
    Maybe try popping into health food shop if you want to go the natural route?

bulmersgal wrote: »

Are you eating enough hon? Make sure that you're getting all your nutrients.

If you are and are looking for an energy boost, you should look at taking a ginseng supplement. Great for giving physical and mental energy a boost.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Another 3lbs down this week & got my 1/2st sticker :-D:-D:-D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Gee_G wrote: »
    My friend and my OH swear by Berocca,but my OH is convinced he gets withdrawals of some sort if/when he doesn't take them.
    Maybe try popping into health food shop if you want to go the natural route?
    Merkin wrote: »
    Are you eating enough hon? Make sure that you're getting all your nutrients.

If you are and are looking for an energy boost, you should look at taking a ginseng supplement. Great for giving physical and mental energy a boost.

I eat so much and 95% of it good food, I'm at my healthiest but constantly tired.

I've exams in 2 months and I haven't even got energy to study :-(

Will pop into chemist and get both as I need something

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Well done everyone on their losses :) great achievements! I've had a tough week and I comfort ate a lot but I lost half a lb. I'm just hoping i can pull it back for next week. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Achilles wrote: »
    I went boozing twice last week and I was still down 1lb.

My Dad even managed to convince my drunken self to have a doner kebab with some chips. No idea how I managed that at all... I was very good for the rest of the week I suppose.

Ahh well it's a new week!

come on hints and tips please

come on hints and tips please

Be a man? Apparently we burn it off easier. :P

A 1.5lbs gain which I put a LOT of effort into!I mentioned the prosecco and pizza and cake?I think I forgot to mention the limoncellos, cream egg, wine, cheese on toast and ice cream......ooooh I was bold.A bit miffed as I've been averaging 2lbs a week but also glad as the gain reaffirms that I can't go away for a weekend on a big hedonistic blow out and expect to be grand!I enjoyed it but reigning it RIGHT back in for next week!! :)

Be a man? Apparently we burn it off easier. :P

haahaa no way.then I lose the star week get out card :P

haahaa no way.then I lose the star week get out card :P

Any time I'm up I blame it on my star week... :P

What's a 'star week'??

Ms2011 wrote: »
    What's a 'star week'??

It's a bizarre term used in Slimming World for when people have their period. I have no idea whatsoever why people don't just say they have their period. Queen Victoria died some time ago, it's quite alright to say that we menstruate and that our bodies thankfully function in a healthy female fashion :rolleyes: Rant over.....maybe it's because I'm due my own very special star week on Tuesday bahahahahahaha :D

It's a bizarre term used in Slimming World for when people have their period. I have no idea whatsoever why people don't just say they have their period. Queen Victoria died some time ago, it's quite alright to say that we menstruate and that our bodies thankfully function in a healthy female fashion :rolleyes: Rant over.....maybe it's because I'm due my own very special star week on Tuesday bahahahahahaha :D

my first week one girl was up a pound and the consultant asked was it her star week and she was like huh? the consultant was like...star week...you know...wink wink...poor girl hadn't a clue...till some one whispered to her and she said oh no that's next week...and I twigged as well. I thought wtf ...why wouldn't you just say period?! I thought it was just her that used the term till I saw it mentioned on all sw related sites I've been on lol

Achilles...at least tell us what beer you drink to still get you a loss? martini extra dry is a bit weak for a night out and coors light is mank

I have no idea how I was still down by a lb to be honest with you I went mad on Guinness and Heineken for two days straight... and some cocktails too.

I have no idea how I was still down by a lb to be honest with you I went mad on Guinness and Heineken for two days straight... and some cocktails too.

oh that's just depressing! lol I went out one night one week drank 2 martinis and coors light for the rest and was only down half a pound. I may have miscounted my flexi syns tho...but still you went out 2 nights!!!! *is not jealous at all * ;)

• Advertisement

My weight losses tend to be pretty dramatic so I've found that I can have a few hours off plan and it means that instead of being down 3lbs or so I'll be down 1lb or around there abouts...

I won't be counting on that all the time but it seems to be how my body is working through it at the moment.

Damn I could've had a star week last week when I was only down 1/2lb :O
    Never heard that term used in my class but will be listening out for it now ;-)

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

I do the weigh in in my group and it's so funny the amount of woman who stand on scales telling me they got their ''friends'' or their mother nature attack has or is occuring :D cracks me up
    My weight losses tend to be pretty dramatic so I've found that I can have a few hours off plan and it means that instead of being down 3lbs or so I'll be down 1lb or around there abouts...

I won't be counting on that all the time but it seems to be how my body is working through it at the moment.

any chance of a glimpse of one of your best food diaries??? :pac: ppllleeaaaassse!! :P

ChewChew wrote: »

any chance of a glimpse of one of your best food diaries??? :pac: ppllleeaaaassse!! :P

+1 :D

Breakfast - 35g of porridge, apple, Mellon and onken vanilla fat free yogurt

Lunch - 1% mug shot (tomato and herb) apple and orange

Snack - Kellogg k snack pack thing (think it has 5syns)

Dinner - pork chop (no fat!) rice cooked in chicken stock with carrots, peas and mushrooms

Loads of water

Have to post this! Am I on track? I have been working long hours, have to go shopping tomorrow to get more veg and meat, need to make propper lunches, had a mug shot today and yesterday for lunch.

ChewChew wrote: »
    I do the weigh in in my group and it's so funny the amount of woman who stand on scales telling me they got their ''friends'' or their mother nature attack has or is occuring :D cracks me up

I don't keep one usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭noveltea

I started eating melons now with every meal, (I have around a 1/4 of it just before my meals and one as a snack) so roughly 1 melon a day, anyway I was shocked with the result was 4.5 pounds down this week a big difference from the .5 pound it use to be.

I even got my first sticker tonight and it was for Slimmer of the Week, I was in total shock but it was nice to get the bag full of free stuff and there was 3 melons in it so happy days.

I don't normal eat melons but got some for a baby food recipe I was making for my son & had loads left over. I then read in that Slimming World booklet that it is a Super Speed food so I'll be happily eating all the leftover ;-)

Breakfast - 35g of porridge, apple, Mellon and onken vanilla fat free yogurt

Lunch - 1% mug shot (tomato and herb) apple and orange

Snack - Kellogg k snack pack thing (think it has 5syns)

Dinner - pork chop (no fat!) rice cooked in chicken stock with carrots, peas and mushrooms

Loads of water

Have to post this! Am I on track? I have been working long hours, have to go shopping tomorrow to get more veg and meat, need to make propper lunches, had a mug shot today and yesterday for lunch.

fair play...that look good..just watch for peas in case you have them as a major part of your superfree ...they're free only.

• Advertisement

Thanks Hannibal! Just sabotaged my week by eating 6 bourbons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! V bad day in the office, poor excuse but it only took me 5 mins! Here's to a healthy evening and weekend. Going to go for a run when home and hope that helps.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement