Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Just had half an eclair...bold, bold, bold. Have a Confirmation tomorrow with a buffet after, I'm not gonna have a good weigh in this week me thinks :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Have totally lost the run of myself for the last week and a half, have eaten nothing but rubbish and am so annoyed with myself. Have had a bit of crap going on and also am not well, but I'm not going to try use excuses!

Had to lol at the 'star week'... Seriously it actually annoyed me.. And I'm not even looming near my star week!!!

Anyway have to really get back on track, starting tomorrow with grapefruit first thing and going to try plan my meals out for the rest of the weekend, my only problem is Sunday as my daughter wants to bring me out for dinner, she made her confirmation last week and wants to splash the cash!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Just had half an eclair...bold, bold, bold. Have a Confirmation tomorrow with a buffet after, I'm not gonna have a good weigh in this week me thinks :'(

buffets are actually easier to get round than a sit down meal. I much prefer a buffet.

is it in a house or venue? if its in a house...bring some sw party food. look on their website there are loads of handy ideas...the host will think you're so kind and you can happily nibble away without anyone noticing ;)

if its at a venue...go to tesco and buy a tin of their own brand stew. I'll get a pic now when I post this. but they're free and really fill you up...so you wont feel hungry...but you can still have a cocktail sausage (check the syns in the back of the book) or two and steer away from the coleslaws and breaded chicken :D

m'lady wrote: »
    Have totally lost the run of myself for the last week and a half, have eaten nothing but rubbish and am so annoyed with myself. Have had a bit of crap going on and also am not well, but I'm not going to try use excuses!

Had to lol at the 'star week'... Seriously it actually annoyed me.. And I'm not even looming near my star week!!!

Anyway have to really get back on track, starting tomorrow with grapefruit first thing and going to try plan my meals out for the rest of the weekend, my only problem is Sunday as my daughter wants to bring me out for dinner, she made her confirmation last week and wants to splash the cash!

do you know where she wants to bring you? have a look at the menu today and pic the lowest synned thing you can?

can you see the pic?

• Advertisement

can you see the pic?

Yeah can see the pic, thanks so much for the tips. Think I'm gonna pop out & get that stew :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Mharper

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend some chicken or fish recipes I am so sick of eating mince!

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭okiss

Have you logged on to slimming world ie as a member?
    If you look on the back of you card you will see a white square which should have a written number on it and under this is a printed number.
    If you go into slimmingworld.ie and log in as a member it will ask you for both these numbers along with your email address and a pass word.
    Once you register you will be to get a lot of recipes and find out the syn value of a lot of foods, sauces ect.

4.5lbs I have no idea how or why...am wondering do they callibrate the machines differently every few weeks to keep us hooked lol. flaming delighted needless to say...got my 2st award too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

OMG that is absolutely amazing. Well done. Do you keep a food diary? I'd love to see a typical day's food.

• Advertisement

Merkin wrote: »
    OMG that is absolutely amazing. Well done. Do you keep a food diary? I'd love to see a typical day's food.

merkin ..I was determined to lose 3lbs to get my stone. I didn't keep a food diary but I did keep track of my syns . I kept it to 5 max during the week and then 13 on Fri, Sat and Sun. I didn't put anything in my mouth without checking if t had syns.

for breakfast 2 days I had fried eggs with tomato and beans, and the rest I had 30gms weetabix golden crunch with banana.

lunch I had either homemade soup or a mugshot with a salad (I know doesn't sound great but had to be done ;) ) then for dinner I had sw burgers and chips one day...turkey steaks in a kind of passata and mushroom sauce with every herb and spice chucked in lol...had chicken curry the mushy pea way another day....all with either veg or salad as superfree .

I only snacked on fruit or muller light and in the eve I had a treat size cadburys caramel .

that's all I can remember...I wish I did a food diary coz id follow t every week lol....but I never felt deprived or suffered.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Dair

very aprhensive about WI tomorrow. hoilday week last week as i was away with work, but was good foodwise. Previous 3 weeks i have stayed the same and home scales are showing only between 1/2 lb and 1lb loss!!! have been very good uped the exercise 3 wks ago so was expecting a delay but not a months delay

merkin ..I was determined to lose 3lbs to get my stone. I didn't keep a food diary but I did keep track of my syns . I kept it to 5 max during the week and then 13 on Fri, Sat and Sun. I didn't put anything in my mouth without checking if t had syns.

for breakfast 2 days I had fried eggs with tomato and beans, and the rest I had 30gms weetabix golden crunch with banana.

lunch I had either homemade soup or a mugshot with a salad (I know doesn't sound great but had to be done ;) ) then for dinner I had sw burgers and chips one day...turkey steaks in a kind of passata and mushroom sauce with every herb and spice chucked in lol...had chicken curry the mushy pea way another day....all with either veg or salad as superfree .

I only snacked on fruit or muller light and in the eve I had a treat size cadburys caramel .

that's all I can remember...I wish I did a food diary coz id follow t every week lol....but I never felt deprived or suffered.

You achieved an amazing loss, well done. I don't see your Hex A's, have you been using them and all of your Hex B? I know my diet is fine except I have been particularly Synful the last week. I've had a bad cold and have lost the run of myself in the evenings.....need to find my mojo again! Very well done on an amazing WI, very motivating!

Dair wrote: »
    very aprhensive about WI tomorrow. hoilday week last week as i was away with work, but was good foodwise. Previous 3 weeks i have stayed the same and home scales are showing only between 1/2 lb and 1lb loss!!! have been very good uped the exercise 3 wks ago so was expecting a delay but not a months delay

For the sake of your mental health I'd avoid weighing yourself at home hon, best just to rely on the official WI figure. You might be surprised tomorrow so keep the faith :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭miss choc

Yeah agree dont weigh yourself at home will mess with your head I get weighed once a week at same time sure that what you are paying some of your SW fee for anyway. I thought I had a bad week was stressed and treated myself to a piri piri southern fried chicken panini and crispy potato slices and a chinese takeaway night before but was down 1LB hope it doesnt show on the scales next week:eek: never know if the show is for the week just gone or previous one as some good w/ends I can have a maintain/slight gain?? Anyway back to the slow cooker this week with loadsa soups and stews

I KNOW!!! i usually never wi at home but when i missed a week have been keeping an eye on it, fingers all crossed for tomorrow so heres hoping
    For the sake of your mental health I'd avoid weighing yourself at home hon, best just to rely on the official WI figure. You might be surprised tomorrow so keep the faith :)

You achieved an amazing loss, well done. I don't see your Hex A's, have you been using them and all of your Hex B? I know my diet is fine except I have been particularly Synful the last week. I've had a bad cold and have lost the run of myself in the evenings.....need to find my mojo again! Very well done on an amazing WI, very motivating!

yep..me hex a is the milk I use on my breakfast and in coffee. I use slimline milk so you get 300mls or thereabouts a day.

and my hex b is either the cereal (30gms ) or ryvita with my soup or lunch

I found I was completely losing the run of my syns and I found I was beginning to want a biscuit in my coffee etc....and with me that's a slippery slope back to where I started. I swear the more sugary food you eat the more you system tries to convince you you need!

I also go running 3 times a week...but even with that the past few weeks I've been getting 2lb losses...so I really do think its down to watching syns

Dair don't weigh yourself at home...its not worth it...you will ruin your whole week getting on and off the scales.

I also go running 3 times a week...but even with that the past few weeks I've been getting 2lb losses...so I really do think its down to watching syns

I have my WI in tomorrow and am not feeling so positive but will be really strict with my Syns for the seven days and see how I go. Like you, I exercise five times a week (hiking at weekends and power walks during week), have an amazingly versatile diet with only fresh produce and an abundance of superfree but of late I am being seriously naughty with my Syns which kind of defeats the purpose. :o Have averaged 22 Syns over the last few days - damn you PMT (shakes fist!!) Thanks for the tips hon x

I have my WI in tomorrow and am not feeling so positive but will be really strict with my Syns for the seven days and see how I go. Like you, I exercise five times a week (hiking at weekends and power walks during week), have an amazingly versatile diet with only fresh produce and an abundance of superfree but of late I am being seriously naughty with my Syns which kind of defeats the purpose. :o Have averaged 22 Syns over the last few days - damn you PMT (shakes fist!!) Thanks for the tips hon x

ah well then its definitely down to the syns...its so easy to lose track isn't it? I get days where I could attack my 5 syn tin and devour everything in it. or sometimes I'm out and about and could murder a choc chip muffin...but I carry rich tea in my son's liga tub and make do with that :( lol

actually there are devon healthline biscuits you can get in dunnes that are half a syn each...Im going to try them this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Danniboo

Down another 1lb this week chuffed with myself :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Up 2lbs I new it was coming and I deserve it being honest. Cooking big batch of soup and bought some scan bran. Going away the weekend so hoping to sts :/

Well had a maintain this week which I was kind of expecting due to the amount of cake flying around at the weekend plus with the weather how it was I didn't get many walks in.
    Onward now to a fresh new week ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 RadioNowhere

Hi everyone,
    I have a question regarding PMS. Last week I had a 1lb gain and the month before I only lost 0.5lb so I was wondering if the week before your time of the month is it likely that you might not lose much? I was talking to my friend about it and she figures that being bloated may have an impact on your weight loss/gain that week?

Thanks a million :)

I just read back a few pages and got my answer, never mind! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 mellowkelly

hi, i was wondering does anyone know if knorr mashed potato is syn free like smash?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

hi, i was wondering does anyone know if knorr mashed potato is syn free like smash?

If you check on sw website it should have it, otherwise use the syn calculator make sure to put potatoes down as a free food and that you choose extra easy if that the plan you doing.

So being so good today had scan bran with egg this morning managed 3 then full so had other 2 at lunch but was so full all day from them only managed 4 out of 5 I'm allowed as healthy b. I've only had 1 1/2 a syn so far today so going to try keep it as low as going away on Sunday. Want a maintain next week and not another gain

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

I went up 2 lbs this week, but I am so glad that's all because I had the most horrendously emotional week so it could have been a lot worse. Can't wait for tomorrow so I can start fresh :)

I'm 1lb down and I'm thrilled with that. Had been losing the run of myself a little so back on track now!

4lbs down tonight and got my stone and a half award after 9 weeks.. DELIGHTED! :)

• Advertisement

2lb down YAY!!! Deeeeelighted finally the execise must have shown, i must say maintaining for 3 weeks and sticking to plan was really tough and disheartening, almost didnt go last night I would have been devastasted with a maintain again. Another time i would be happy to maintain but when your doing all you can food wise and exercising its very hard to keep motivated.
    Anyway Paddy this weekend, total danger zone, going to enjoy it but like i said at group last night, extra long walk sat and mon to cushion it :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement