Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

noveltea wrote: »
    One question on the slimming world app is there a food diary?Like to track your a and b and superfree etc. I am using theslimmingworld 2.0 one but is there anything better out there?

The 2.0 app is rubbish. Use the mobile version of the site instead and you have access to all the resources, including a food diary and a Syn counter. I use it every day and find it really handy when on the move. I removed the 2.0 from my phone as it was taking up space and was of no use.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Dair

Your doing so well, i try have 5 really good days 2 and then i have 2 more leinant ones, but still keeps syns down. i know its not the plan exactly but the closer im getting to target the harder it is to lose... fritta receipe please?????
    Frittata are a great pre made quick and easy breakfast/brunch/lunch - one does me 4/5 days or can freeze half.

Wow, if i had more than 3 takeaways and chocolate and crisps id prob be up about 7 lbs... i have maintained alot recently and then lose a little, 1/2 lb up this week but that will be off next week and please god more. If your finding it hard get the SW mag and do the weeks menus in it, lots of people in my class lose really well on it and it gets them back on track. Keep thinking of where you have come from and where you could be in 3 months....literally look at the packet of crisps and really decide is it worth it, i usually have one packet every 2 wks to keep the craving awa. I had jeans in my wardrobe that havent fitted in 3 yrs that now close, im a bit muffin top in them so now the aim is to get rid of that... KEEP GOING, you have lost 4 stone, you already know how great it feels when people say your looking well, so keep it up:)

QUOTE=okiss;83754643]I was doing well before Christmas over 4 stone gone but since then I have being yo -yoing with more up's than down. This week was up 3 lbs but I was out Saturday night. I drank a lot and had a takeaway, I have not had this type of night out in ages. I also had a few take away's this week and I can't seem to stay away from choclate and crisps.
    Did anyone here lose a lot and get stuck or was going up/down for a period of time.
    How did you get over it?
    I did a big shopping yesterday and plan to do a lot of cooking tomorrow to have lunches and dinner ready.
    Can any one tell me what slimming world meals are nice as I am willing to try and do anything at this stage. I have a few things on in the summer and I want to buy nice things for these.[/QUOTE]

• Registered Users Posts: 26 RadioNowhere

Hi all, somehow I managed to lose 1.5lbs this week to get my club 10. It was my 21st last Saturday and Paddy's day Sunday so I made a proper hash of it (it was my first time drinking since new years so I was dying for a good night out) .. It must have been because I was too hungover to eat all weekend :pac:

Seriously though, I was prepared to gain so I'm absolutely delighted! Shows you can still have a good weekend out as long as you don't be tempted to eat takeaways and stuff ( I wasn't thank god!).. good luck everyone for the coming week!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭RiseToMe

Tried the Jamaican chicken from SW tonight, absolutely delish!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

How's everyone's weekend going? I'm doin pretty well now I must say. I'm finally back in the zone! I started taking some measurements and am pretty happy with the results so I'm on the right road!! woohoo!! I made the chicken Kung Pao tonight from the taste of asia book! Such a simple recipe and exceptionally tasty!! yum!!

Not too bad actually!
    Just had SW chips and steak. Done with a mountain of baby corn and broccoli and tomatoes.
    I was looking at the taste of Asia cookbook last week at the class looks amazing!
    Friday night of 14 syns and the will be the same tonight and back to 5 or 6 tomorrrow!

now that sounds like a fabulous dinner!! Ya cant bate steak and chips :D
    the book is well worth it. That was my second dish to make and it was yummy.
    I'm going to have a chocolate covered rice cake later with a cup of tea, already had half one this morning so I'll enjoy that treat later on!

It was amazing and all free!!! :)

Big bowl of berries now with fromage frais!

I would be LOST without fromage frais :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Danniboo

Hows everyone been? I have been terrible, had my bday and the bfs bday over the weekend so overindulged on the food and alcohol for the last few days. Was up 1lb last week, and down the two weeks before that. I'm doing the Slim for Good challenge and only 2 more WI's after tonight to get to target, freaking out.

What do you use it in and where are you gettting it?
    ChewChew wrote: »
    I would be LOST without fromage frais :)

Dair wrote: »
    What do you use it in and where are you gettting it?

I get it in the yogurt section in tesco.

I use it on fruit as I find it's not as bitter as natural yogurt. I mash potatoes with it, make potato salad, make curry, but a dollop on chilli con carne, dip celery in it, add it to soup to make it creamy, add tomato purée and make prawn cocktail.

That's all I can think iofright now :D

Ooooohh man I need suuugggggggaaaar

Stayed the same this week, delighted. Back on the straight and narrow now. Need to get at least 3lbs off this week, anyone any tips or inspiration? Might not sound like much but my greatest loss in a week has been 2 1/2lbs since I started SW.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Well done on your STS, especially if you were bold! I find I do well the weeks I eat lots of fish and lots of melon. Do you like fish? If so try and have it once a day, it's a Superspeedy and is seriously low-cal. Melon also a great one for helping you feel full and is again a Superspeedy.

I was really quite naughty for a few days (not adding up my Syns at all so I reckon I had 25-30 every day over the weekend :o). I'm now not looking forward to WI tomorrow at all although have been seriously back on track since yesterday.

I think that's what happens with having a WI on Wednesday. I give myself a freer reign on Thursday-Sunday and then desperately try to put my halo back on its perch from Monday to Wednesday :rolleyes:

Hope everyone does well this week x

Merkin wrote: »
    Well done on your STS, especially if you were bold! I find I do well the weeks I eat lots of fish and lots of melon. Do you like fish? If so try and have it once a day, it's a Superspeedy and is seriously low-cal. Melon also a great one for helping you feel full and is again a Superspeedy.

I was really quite naughty for a few days (not adding up my Syns at all so I reckon I had 25-30 every day over the weekend :o). I'm now not looking forward to WI tomorrow at all although have been seriously back on track since yesterday.

I think that's what happens with having a WI on Wednesday. I give myself a freer reign on Thursday-Sunday and then desperately try to put my halo back on its perch from Monday to Wednesday :rolleyes:

Hope everyone does well this week x

Thanks Merkin,

Yeah I love fish, was thinking i'll have a few fish dinners over the weekend. I made a big thing of the chilli last night and the vegetable frittata so going to have the chilli at lunch then the fritatta with salad later on. I'm in college so I have to have my dinner at lunch time and bring something in a lunch box otherwise I end up eating the canteen food. That's my meals for the next 3 days, so might have fish Friday to Sunday. I might have to go to a party Friday night and out for dinner one of the nights so will try to be excellent in between. I'm going to try for little or no Syns until the weekend too. My WI is a Monday so don't get away with much over the weekend. Best of luck with your WI, you might surprise yourself x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

No money for next while to go to class so weigh in at home, stayed the same so happy days. Was bold for good bit of weekend, need to dump all my low fat treats as I'm constantly at them.

bulmersgal wrote: »
    No money for next while to go to class so weigh in at home, stayed the same so happy days. Was bold for good bit of weekend, need to dump all my low fat treats as I'm constantly at them.

What type of treats do you normally go for??? Maybe people can offer an alternative?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Danniboo wrote: »
    What type of treats do you normally go for??? Maybe people can offer an alternative?

All my treats are under 5 syns it's just I go back 4/5 times a day maybe more. I'm at home studying and I'm bored so I'm out of routine from college. Went for walk yest which did help relieve some boredom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

All my treats are under 5 syns it's just I go back 4/5 times a day maybe more. I'm at home studying and I'm bored so I'm out of routine from college. Went for walk yest which did help relieve some boredom
    I hear ya. Treat size bags of maltesers are great, if you can stick to one bloody bag! I'm the same some days!

WI later, still sick not one walk all week :( fingers crossed for STS!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

3.5lbs down today & got Slimmer of the Week ;-)
    Just another 3lbs to go for my 1 stone award :-D
    Have my son's 1st birthday party over the weekend so I have the makings for syn free burgers & chips plus some homemade chicken goujons so I'm not tempted by all the other bold things I'll be cooking for everyone else!!!

Do you eat the Hi-Fi bars? They're good at only 3, or could you snack on things like Ryvita crackerbread, only 1 syn each. Also if its chocolate or something nice your craving, you could make the SW Malteasers ice-cream, it's only 5 syns for the whole tub. Otherwise some fruit, Mullerlight yoghurts or something. You can have 5 Hi-Fi bars a day and still be only at your 15 syns. What about making a big thing of Slimming world chips? Not sure if you like sweet or savoury.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,978 ✭✭✭✭celtic-chick

Ooooh could I please please have the reciepe for sw malteasers ice cream

Ooooh could I please please have the reciepe for sw malteasers ice cream

1.STIR 2 POTS OF MÜLLERLIGHT (OR OTHER FREE) YOGURTS AND 1 X 500G POT FAT FREE NATURAL FROMAGE FRAIS TOGETHER, SWEETEN TO TASTE WITH ARTIFICIAL SWEETENER AND POP IN A FREEZER-PROOF TUB.

2.PLACE IN THE FREEZER AND LIGHTLY WHIP APPROXIMATELY EVERY 30 MINUTES TO BREAK DOWN ANY ICE CRYSTALS THAT ARE FORMING.

3.YOUR ICE CREAM SHOULD BE READY IN A COUPLE OF HOURS BECAUSE ALL THE INGREDIENTS ARE FREE, IT DOESN’T MATTER HOW OFTEN YOU LICK THE SPOON!

TREMENDOUS TOFFEE CRUNCH - MADE WITH 1 TOFFEE AND 1 VANILLA MÜLLERLIGHT YOGURT, SWIRLED TOGETHER BEFORE POPPING INTO THE FREEZER. A MINI BAG OF (CRUSHED) MALTESERS ADDS EXTRA CRUNCH AND MAKES THE WHOLE DESSERT A DELICIOUS 5½ SYNS!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,978 ✭✭✭✭celtic-chick

1.STIR 2 POTS OF MÜLLERLIGHT (OR OTHER FREE) YOGURTS AND 1 X 500G POT FAT FREE NATURAL FROMAGE FRAIS TOGETHER, SWEETEN TO TASTE WITH ARTIFICIAL SWEETENER AND POP IN A FREEZER-PROOF TUB.

2.PLACE IN THE FREEZER AND LIGHTLY WHIP APPROXIMATELY EVERY 30 MINUTES TO BREAK DOWN ANY ICE CRYSTALS THAT ARE FORMING.

3.YOUR ICE CREAM SHOULD BE READY IN A COUPLE OF HOURS BECAUSE ALL THE INGREDIENTS ARE FREE, IT DOESN’T MATTER HOW OFTEN YOU LICK THE SPOON!

TREMENDOUS TOFFEE CRUNCH - MADE WITH 1 TOFFEE AND 1 VANILLA MÜLLERLIGHT YOGURT, SWIRLED TOGETHER BEFORE POPPING INTO THE FREEZER. A MINI BAG OF (CRUSHED) MALTESERS ADDS EXTRA CRUNCH AND MAKES THE WHOLE DESSERT A DELICIOUS 5½ SYNS!

Thank you so much.Looking forward to trying this out on the weekend :D

Thank you so much.Looking forward to trying this out on the weekend :D

Just don't do what I did, stick it in the freezer for two hours without stirring, thinking sure it'll be grand :) Enjoy

How's everyone's Easter going super good all week then not great since Friday though I had about 48 syns saved up so praying I'll still have a loss

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

How's everyone's Easter going super good all week then not great since Friday though I had about 48 syns saved up so praying I'll still have a loss

Em....I've eaten my body weight in chocolate today and yest!!(which is a whole lot of chocolate ha ha) but have been great apart from the chocolate (:))and going to be really good now until weigh in so hopefully I'll even maintain!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement