Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭miss choc

So far so good had two slices of nimble and a banana for breakfast, then had a late dins green beans, sw roasties and boiled potatoes, roast beef and beautiful gravy (that was a bit naughty as it was made in with the beef) no choc yet but looking forward to a mini galaxy egg tonight. Nice big long walk then for me tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

This weekend has just gone from bad to worse on the eating front...sitting here having a chipper, the shame :O

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭boxercreations

Went for a swim and did 20 mins ab work this morning. Had a banana.
    Lunch - turkey and Ham with no stuffing and gravy with broccoli and salad.
    Treat - 250 cals of Ben and Jerry's caramel sutra. (Hey it's Easter) with berries 12 1/2 syns
    Dinner - Carrot and Coriander Soup
    Green tea and Ginger.
    Regular tea
    Water
    HEB - 6 brazil nuts.
    HEA - one milk in tea
    Supper - who knows yet?!? More soup. No - I am now starving and having a piece of steak and cabbage ...
    Getting back into the swing of things and determined to reach goal before May 27th. 18lbs to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Danniboo

Gee_G wrote: »
    Em....I've eaten my body weight in chocolate today and yest!!(which is a whole lot of chocolate ha ha) but have been great apart from the chocolate (:))and going to be really good now until weigh in so hopefully I'll even maintain!

I had a piece of biscuit cake the other night other than that no chocolate. Loads of booze Friday. I had more alcohol, a big ham baguette and Chinese yesterday and big roast dinner with dessert today WI tomorrow nervous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Danniboo wrote: »
    I had a piece of biscuit cake the other night other than that no chocolate. Loads of booze Friday. I had more alcohol, a big ham baguette and Chinese yesterday and big roast dinner with dessert today WI tomorrow nervous.

Ah look, its hard to be good all the time. Hopefully you will get on ok tomorrow and you can start afresh then,the start of a new week :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

First weigh in today in 2 weeks...was away last weekend so with that and Easter yesterday tonight should be interesting.

I didn't eat a whole egg but had a few little ones and half a lint bunny head...so hopefully the old....little pickers wear bigger you know what's won't come true lol.

Good luck this week everyone...one good thing is...we all survived March without any major catastrophes so if we can survive a month of mothers day, paddys day and Easter, the rest should be easy!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,978 ✭✭✭✭celtic-chick

Down 1.5lbs this week.Got my club 10 award too :)

Down 1.5lbs this week.Got my club 10 award too :)

Well done:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 wiggy183

AnnaGram85 is right, it is about changing attitudes for life. The weigh in is important from a psychological point of view, it keeps you on the straight and narrow. For me Slimming World is not a diet, it is an education on food intake. It also shows you that exercise is also important.
    Here is the first tip of the thread. You can eat dried pasta, dried noodles and rice as you know.
    Bags of frozen of mixed stir fry veg save a lot of time in preparation.
    In a frying pan throw in some frozen veg with half a cup of water, some pepper and a Knor vegetable stock pot. It takes about five minutes to cook the veg. You can add whatever you like, ham, some fresh coriander, anything that is 'free'.
    At the same time cook some pasta, noodles, or rice.
    Makes a mountain of food and is completely free.
    Good luck

wiggy183 wrote: »
    AnnaGram85 is right, it is about changing attitudes for life. The weigh in is important from a psychological point of view, it keeps you on the straight and narrow. For me Slimming World is not a diet, it is an education on food intake. It also shows you that exercise is also important.
    Here is the first tip of the thread. You can eat dried pasta, dried noodles and rice as you know.
    In a frying pan throw in some frozen veg with half a cup of water, some pepper and a Knor vegetable stock pot. It takes about five minutes to cook the veg. You can add whatever you like, ham, some fresh coriander, anything that is 'free'.
    Good luck

Some of those frozen stir fry veg mixes have sauces on them, so don't think they'd all be free?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Dair

wiggy183 wrote: »
    Good luck

Watch out for oil in the frozen veg stir frys!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 wiggy183

Green Isle do a luxury and Asian stir fry veg. Both free, no oils.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭RiseToMe

Ugh I had a nightmare about WI last night!

My body always surprises me treated my to cod and chipper chips on fri (was good all that day bar that and hadnt had chipper chips in a year) was good on Sat, Sun one mini Galaxy egg and pkt crisps (off for lent)so they were divine. Meeting friends yesterday had a chicken dinner all the girls had sticky toffees, chocolate tarts, creme bruless I had poached pears. We went for a 2 hr walk earlier headed later that evening to SW and down a lb :) lets hope my weight was balanced out dont want the chipper coming back to haunt me next week :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭boxercreations

miss choc wrote: »
    My body always surprises me treated my to cod and chipper chips on fri (was good all that day bar that and hadnt had chipper chips in a year) was good on Sat, Sun one mini Galaxy egg and pkt crisps (off for lent)so they were divine. Meeting friends yesterday had a chicken dinner all the girls had sticky toffees, chocolate tarts, creme bruless I had poached pears. We went for a 2 hr walk earlier headed later that evening to SW and down a lb :) lets hope my weight was balanced out dont want the chipper coming back to haunt me next week :eek:

It's mad and maddening how it works - I was sts for 2 weeks and really good plus plenty exercise. This week was out of routine with kids so no regular kb classes, had wine one night and a whole tub of ben and bloody jerry's one night - yet down 2lb. Go figure.

fingers crossed the weighing scales wont come back to bite us next week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Mharper

Hi all,

Has anyone tried the new King Lite crisps they are similar to treble crunch but much nicer. I just worked out the syns in them and its coming in at 4 & 1/2 syns!

I always knew there were King Lite are there new lighter ones now? I try and buy the 6 pack for the smaller size I lurve my crisps more than choc Mmm crisp sandwich

Absolutely raging STS this week, I need to lose 5lbs this week to reach my target for the Slim for Good Challenge, i'm gutted. I wouldn't care if it was just for my own weight loss. Didn't even have an easter egg.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Lost a pound this week, have no idea how, was bold bold bold at the weekend. I feel like I've aced a test without studying, hope it doesn't come back to bite me in the bum next week!!!
    Gonna keep the head down this week & get lots of walks in while the weather's good, just 2lbs to lose for my stone award :-)

• Advertisement

I always knew there were King Lite are there new lighter ones now? I try and buy the 6 pack for the smaller size I lurve my crisps more than choc Mmm crisp sandwich

Yes they are a new product so nice and only 85 calories a bag!

Mharper wrote: »
    Yes they are a new product so nice and only 85 calories a bag!

I meant 95 calories a bag!

Guys apart from Mushy Pea Curry and Chilli, can anyone recommend any quick and easy recipes that are suitable for home freezing???

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Mharper wrote: »
    Hi all,

Has anyone tried the new King Lite crisps they are similar to treble crunch but much nicer. I just worked out the syns in them and its coming in at 4 & 1/2 syns!

Only four and a half syns for crisps that are still cooked in oil... are you sure?!

What are the nutritional values on the pack?

If you buy the 6 pack of hunky dorys, king lite they would work out out same syns . Other low syns from what I rem are chipstiks waffles meanies chickatees quavers french fries lot of those arent on SW list as they are Irish if anyone has a list of syns for Irish crisps would be great love crisps so much

Is it really worth wasting 5 of your daily syns on a packet of crisps though? Doesn't seem worth it to me...

It depends some people will save their syns for a treat sure a bar of choc might be the same if not more. I have to say I am more of a savory person I gave up crisps for Lent which was hard on Easter Sunday I had no eggs and my Tayto Sandwich which I throughally enjoyed instead of chocolate my vices are cheese, crisps etc instead of cakes and chocolate a bar or bag of a treat in moderation is no harm. I drew a line after Easter Sunday and limit my bag of crisps now to a treat instead of in the past where I would eat them every day with my lunch. I always think if you remove something completely you crave it all the more.

It depends some people will save their syns for a treat sure a bar of choc might be the same if not more. I have to say I am more of a savory person I gave up crisps for Lent which was hard on Easter Sunday I had no eggs and my Tayto Sandwich which I throughally enjoyed instead of chocolate my vices are cheese, crisps etc instead of cakes and chocolate a bar or bag of a treat in moderation is no harm. I drew a line after Easter Sunday and limit my bag of crisps now to a treat instead of in the past where I would eat them every day with my lunch. I always think if you remove something completely you crave it all the more.

I used to be a crisp lover but I have to have a serious think about what it was that I loved about them so much.

It turns out for me at least that it was the ease and convenience aswell as the crunchiness of eating them. I have replaced this with ziplock bags of montout since and I haven't looked back... satisfies the same craving for me it seems.

It's gotten to a stage now where I've actually weened myself off the craving now altogether.

What are Montout? I also tried those Special K cracker crisps they are nice too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭RiseToMe

Up a half pound this week. Absolutely Devo. Was out for a 2 hour hike and was out for four 2.5mile walks. And I put on. Raging.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement