Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Mharper

King Lite per 100g, 473kcal, Protein 5.2, Carbs 57.2, Fat 24g packet size 20g

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Achilles wrote: »
    Is it really worth wasting 5 of your daily syns on a packet of crisps though? Doesn't seem worth it to me...
    well that's the thing and this is what really annoys me when people say this... everyone uses their syns differently! I know someone who has 2 curly wurly's a night. I know another who uses their syns on 2 extra slices of bread for toast at night time and I know another woman who uses her syns for her glass of wine every night with her dinner. One thing I have to say to people at our group is... your syns are YOUR guilty pleasure to use whatever way YOU want to use them... if you want cheese... crisps... chocolate... bisquits.... ice cream... Mayonnaise... your take away... jam.. marmalade... it's entirely up to you. So what you might see as being a waste... is just what someone else needs to get them through their day... and vice versa!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

I'm engaged to a baker so I stay syn free all day so I can have a nice thick slice of fresh made bread with a cuppa when OH comes home in the evening & baby is in bed, that's my guilty pleasure ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Danniboo

Hows everyones week going, i've had little or no Syns since my WI Tuesday, out walking yesterday. Been drinking Green Tea and plenty of low cal squash.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Dair

I kind of agree, i have the extra light and light mayo in my fridge but i hate it and use my syns for real mayo when i eat it...this may seem a waste to others but it keeps me happy. If i was unhappy i couldnt keep to the plan long term which is my goal.
    The way i see it if you want to use your syns for mayo/ crisps/ alcohol/ sweets or a creamy sauce its up to you, if it makes your happy and your
    on plan go for it :)
    ChewChew wrote: »
    well that's the thing and this is what really annoys me when people say this... everyone uses their syns differently! I know someone who has 2 curly wurly's a night. I know another who uses their syns on 2 extra slices of bread for toast at night time and I know another woman who uses her syns for her glass of wine every night with her dinner. One thing I have to say to people at our group is... your syns are YOUR guilty pleasure to use whatever way YOU want to use them... if you want cheese... crisps... chocolate... bisquits.... ice cream... Mayonnaise... your take away... jam.. marmalade... it's entirely up to you. So what you might see as being a waste... is just what someone else needs to get them through their day... and vice versa!

• Advertisement

mmmmmh love fresh wite bread...my saturday treat!!
    Ms2011 wrote: »
    I'm engaged to a baker so I stay syn free all day so I can have a nice thick slice of fresh made bread with a cuppa when OH comes home in the evening & baby is in bed, that's my guilty pleasure ;-)

Sounds like yours is going fab!!!. Mine not so good was away last week and came back with dicky tummy.Last night was the first time i exercised all week but not feeling great this morning, prob shouldnt have come to work but what can you do.

I was away for 5 days and went of plan for 3 of them, totally enjoyed myself but slighty regret it now!!My first time off plan for such a length of time since i started almost 9 months ago!!
    Anyway, i have time to get it off before wi wednesday so will walk the roads for the weekend(weather permitting).

Hope all have a good"ish" weekend :D
    Danniboo wrote: »
    Hows everyones week going, i've had little or no Syns since my WI Tuesday, out walking yesterday. Been drinking Green Tea and plenty of low cal squash.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

down another 3.5lb this week and got my club 10 award and now over 2.5st gone, so i'm pretty chuffed and not bad going since the new year if you ask me. :)

all in all, that makes me down almost 4st since the middle of last year, with the rest being lost from eating the same as my wife who's been doing SW for almost a year now and has a total loss of over 5st on SW and another 1.5st before that so between us we've lost a small person's worth of blubber in the last 12 months. :D

Dair wrote: »
    Sounds like yours is going fab!!!. Mine not so good was away last week and came back with dicky tummy.Last night was the first time i exercised all week but not feeling great this morning, prob shouldnt have come to work but what can you do.

I was away for 5 days and went of plan for 3 of them, totally enjoyed myself but slighty regret it now!!My first time off plan for such a length of time since i started almost 9 months ago!!
    Anyway, i have time to get it off before wi wednesday so will walk the roads for the weekend(weather permitting).

Hope all have a good"ish" weekend :D

Bit naughty Friday night but hoping it didn't do damage, not feeling like i've lost though, had a dream last night I lost 6 1/2 lbs and they gave out to me lol:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭RiseToMe

Being painfully good this week but not feeling like I'm losing at all. Hopefully it will show up on WI.

• Advertisement

RiseToMe wrote: »
    Up a half pound this week. Absolutely Devo. Was out for a 2 hour hike and was out for four 2.5mile walks. And I put on. Raging.

Did you stick to the plan?

Danniboo wrote: »
    Did you stick to the plan?

Yup max syns was on Easter Sunday at 15, and that day I went for 2 walks!

Rest of the week I was well behaved.

Leader thinks it was due to lack of water-I'd be thinking I was doin great finishing a small bottle in a day.

Hopefully this week will see some better results. Been drinking water constantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Went mad on my week away, straight back on plan for another week and down 3.5 lbs last week. Can't complain about that really!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

4.5lbs down this week...got my 2 and a half stone award and slimmer of the week. 2 dress sizes down and I'm now also running 2k non stop 4k in total. I am absolutely thrilled.

RiseToMe wrote: »
    Yup max syns was on Easter Sunday at 15, and that day I went for 2 walks!

Rest of the week I was well behaved.

Leader thinks it was due to lack of water-I'd be thinking I was doin great finishing a small bottle in a day.

Hopefully this week will see some better results. Been drinking water constantly.

Yeah if your exercising and not drinking enough water you are more prone to water retention or just if you don't drink enough in general. If your body is used to getting enough fluid it won't cling on to it. Also too much salt can increase water retention.

Down 2 1/2 lbs this week bit disappointed didn't get my 6 week target but happy enough

4.5lbs down this week...got my 2 and a half stone award and slimmer of the week. 2 dress sizes down and I'm now also running 2k non stop 4k in total. I am absolutely thrilled.

Amazing, no wonder you're thrilled!!

Not feeling too confident this week. OH brought home fresh baked Rocky Road last week & I had ALOT of it (well I'm only human!!)
    Why do I have to live with a baker, my will power only stretches so far :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Not feeling too confident this week. OH brought home fresh baked Rocky Road last week & I had ALOT of it (well I'm only human!!)
    Why do I have to live with a baker, my will power only stretches so far :O

One of the women in group last night said her husband rocked up on Easter Sunday with an egg for her...apparently the chocolate was 2 inches think and it was pure caramel on the inside...I was drooling a bit as she spoke :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Hello everyone (sheepish wave) :o I've been on holiday (and totally off plan) for two weeks and I'm feeling slightly queasy about weigh-in tomorrow. It's been two entire weeks now without a weigh-in and I've to go back and face the music. Sooooo nervous. Am expecting (an entirely deserved) 4-5 lbs gain and dreading it :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Merkin wrote: »
    Hello everyone (sheepish wave) :o I've been on holiday (and totally off plan) for two weeks and I'm feeling slightly queasy about weigh-in tomorrow. It's been two entire weeks now without a weigh-in and I've to go back and face the music. Sooooo nervous. Am expecting (an entirely deserved) 4-5 lbs gain and dreading it :eek:

As long as you went straight and strictly back on plan as soon as you came home you'll be fine even if you are up a pound or so.

Hope you enjoyed the holiday!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭92Grainne1992

Hi everyone, just about these syn free sausages... I couldnt find the mallon ones last night when I went shopping after my meeting, however I did pick up some Mrs. Hicks gluten free, containing just sausage meat, salt and soya. Just wondering does anyone know the syn value for them? x

Achilles wrote: »
    As long as you went straight and strictly back on plan as soon as you came home you'll be fine even if you are up a pound or so.

Hope you enjoyed the holiday!

Aw thanks Achilles. I haven't and therein lies the problem. I had 38 Syns last night when I finally got round to totting them up :( I am back to logging today though so just need to get the fear of WI over me and get back on plan. Thanks for support! x

Down 2 unbelieveable pounds this week & got my stone awards :-D
    Had to stay syn free the last 3 days to make up for my binging at the begining of the week, I wouldn't recommend it even if it did pay off!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,978 ✭✭✭✭celtic-chick

Down 2 unbelieveable pounds this week & got my stone awards :-D
    Had to stay syn free the last 3 days to make up for my binging at the begining of the week, I wouldn't recommend it even if it did pay off!!!

Well done :)

I don't quite know how but I've had a STS after two weeks off plan. I am suspecting perhaps that it may take a little time to show on the scales. Hoping that if I'm good now and back on plan this week I can keep myself on the straight and narrow! Hope everyone else is pleased with their progress, I'm shocked and thrilled xx

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Hi everyone, just about these syn free sausages... I couldnt find the mallon ones last night when I went shopping after my meeting, however I did pick up some Mrs. Hicks gluten free, containing just sausage meat, salt and soya. Just wondering does anyone know the syn value for them? x
    the mallons sausages are not 1 syn, they are 4 because they recently changed their ingredients. However, their gluten free ones are free. If you can log on to the website and insert all the info regarding the hicks ones, you'll find out the syn value :)

Merkin, well done you :)

I lost 1/2 a lb. Thought I'd get a STS so I'm thrilled. roll on next week :D

3 pounds off this week. Thrilled!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,978 ✭✭✭✭celtic-chick

Down 1.5lbs this week.Also got my stone award.Now to shift the next stone :) Good luck everybody for this weeks weigh in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

Im a slimming world virgin and wondering if I can get some answer's.
    First off I joined up last night and found it all so confusing am I just being thick or will I get used to it?

And if you join can u go to another venue for meeting and weigh ins then the one you joined up with?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement