Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

I had a slice of the cake to celebrate :o

Thought it was just me who did that lol!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Danniboo

Hey, STS this week, chuffed 2 1/2 to go to my club 10 and 3 1/2 until my 1 stone award so determined to be good

Down 1lb, just another stone to target :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

Down 1 lb last night, i'm a down over it to be honest, i lost only half a pound each of the 2 weeks before that!!!
    I also done the SAS log to see where i was going wrong.....well it didnt show me anything at all!!
    SW say you don't need to exercise to lose weight, but now that my gym membership is up my weight loss has more or less stopped, may get the money together again to join the gym!!

I definately find the weeks I excerise more I lose more too ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭92Grainne1992

4 down this week, delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

STS this week. My eating wasn't too bad at all. Prosecco however was on offer in my local Tesco......oh dear :o

Am totally off bubbly and wine for the next two weeks now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Starting to love your posts merkin :D

No exercise for me this week...have tonsilitis...so taken tyrozets and painkillers. will see if there's any loss without exercise.

Its funny...our consultant said the first week that the diet won't work unless you do your 'body magic'....but subsequent weeks she says how great it is to ave a diet where you don't have to exercise??.

Aw thanks. As Oscar Wilde said, I can resist anything but temptation.....:eek:

I've been really good this week so far (since Wednesday evening :o) and have managed to avoid wine and prosecco and chocolate and cheese so that's good.

Poor you being ill. I would definitely recommend keeping up the exercise if I were you. You're body is used to it. You're obviously quite ill because of your meds but if you can, I would definitely wrap up and even just a gentle stroll around the block for half an hour would be good.

Unless people have stones and stones to lose I don't think the weight just falls off without any exercise. I think it's quite a silly thing for a consultant to say as well - they should absolutely be promoting a 360degree healthy lifestyle with exercise being an integral part of that as opposed to sticking to Extra Easy and not moving about and being active.

Sorry for the rant! I understand if you're ill you are unable to exercise and often life just gets in the way but for a consultant to say exercise isn't needed is just bonkers!

I'll dismount my high horse now....!

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

Does anyone know???

I have been thinking since i started SW that you don't HAVE to have 1/3 superfree if you are having your healthy extras as a meal??? ie weetabix and milk?? I'm nearly sure my consultant told me this, can anyone confirm or deny?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Dair

Sooooo its been awhile since ive been on, kept sts, up 1/2 ,down 1/2 for weeks on end and got very disillusioned. Missed class for last 2 weeks but decided to change my exercise, I agree i lose when i exercised but i think my body got used to it and started to maintain. It was really hard going every week, eating right, exercising and still STS or losing 1/2 and then putting it on again next week :(. And hearing about othere bold days and no exercise and losing loads. i know i prob only have anohter 1 stone to go to be a healthy weight and it gets harder the less you have to lose but its been like this since for the last 3 months, only down 3 lbs over 3 months. SO i have started to train my body to run, out of a 3km walk im attempting to run 1km but its stop start at the min. have been doing it 2 weeks now and :) fingers crossed the weather keeps up so i can stay at it :)

Dair wrote: »
    Sooooo its been awhile since ive been on, kept sts, up 1/2 ,down 1/2 for weeks on end and got very disillusioned. Missed class for last 2 weeks but decided to change my exercise, I agree i lose when i exercised but i think my body got used to it and started to maintain. It was really hard going every week, eating right, exercising and still STS or losing 1/2 and then putting it on again next week :(. And hearing about othere bold days and no exercise and losing loads. i know i prob only have anohter 1 stone to go to be a healthy weight and it gets harder the less you have to lose but its been like this since for the last 3 months, only down 3 lbs over 3 months. SO i have started to train my body to run, out of a 3km walk im attempting to run 1km but its stop start at the min. have been doing it 2 weeks now and :) fingers crossed the weather keeps up so i can stay at it :)

You poor thing, how frustrating. Are you sure you're eating enough hon? Maybe post a typical day here for us to look at and we may be able to help you?

MIRMIR82 wrote: »
    Does anyone know???

I have been thinking since i started SW that you don't HAVE to have 1/3 superfree if you are having your healthy extras as a meal??? ie weetabix and milk?? I'm nearly sure my consultant told me this, can anyone confirm or deny?

You obviously haven't read the books. If you're doing Extra Easy you need every meal to be a 1/3 Superfree.

Merkin wrote: »
    You poor thing, how frustrating. Are you sure you're eating enough hon? Maybe post a typical day here for us to look at and we may be able to help you?

Trust me, very frustrating!!!!:confused: I think im eating enough, im alwayas full!!!
    ok so yesterday this is what i had
    Bfast: 2x wholemeal brown and a banana,1 x tea
    Break: 2x mandrain, 1x coffee
    Lunch: ham, lettuce, tomato, onion, boiled egg, sweetcorn. used tspooon real mayo, muller light strawberry yogurt. 1x tea
    Dinner: prawns with noodles. Made with soya sauce, garlic, ginger, perppers and onions. side salad of lettuce, tomato and onion with fat free french dressing.ketucp late night snack 2x madrain. pint water, 1x tea

Wed
    Bfast: 2x mandrain 1 x tea
    Break: muller light strawberry, 1x coffee
    Lunch: ham, lettuce, tomato, onion, boiled egg, sweetcorn. used tspooon real mayo, . 1x tea, 1x wholemeal slice bread.
    Dinner: SW chips, mushrooms, rashers fat off, corn on the cob 2x madrain. pint water, 1x tea

Maybe im not drinking enough water or eating enough superfree????

MIRMIR82 wrote: »
    Does anyone know???

You have to aim for 1/3 superfree with everymeal, try fruit with the weetabix on the side.

i know it can be hard to keep with the fruit, but if your following it, thats what has to be done:)

Dair wrote: »
    Trust me, very frustrating!!!!:confused: I think im eating enough, im alwayas full!!!
    ok so yesterday this is what i had
    Bfast: 2x wholemeal brown and a banana,1 x tea
    Break: 2x mandrain, 1x coffee
    Lunch: ham, lettuce, tomato, onion, boiled egg, sweetcorn. used tspooon real mayo, muller light strawberry yogurt. 1x tea
    Dinner: prawns with noodles. Made with soya sauce, garlic, ginger, perppers and onions. side salad of lettuce, tomato and onion with fat free french dressing.ketucp late night snack 2x madrain. pint water, 1x tea

Wed
    Bfast: 2x mandrain 1 x tea
    Break: muller light strawberry, 1x coffee
    Lunch: ham, lettuce, tomato, onion, boiled egg, sweetcorn. used tspooon real mayo, . 1x tea, 1x wholemeal slice bread.
    Dinner: SW chips, mushrooms, rashers fat off, corn on the cob 2x madrain. pint water, 1x tea

Maybe im not drinking enough water or eating enough superfree????

You definitely don't need to up your Superfree so you're fine!

As mad and all as this sounds I think you might be taking in too few calories. Have you actually totted up the calories in the above hon? I know they say on SW not to count calories but I think you need to if you suspect that there may be too few. At a glance (and from someone who used to use www.myfitnesspal.com) I think you may be taking in too little.

All your foods have a low calorie density so I doubt you're even taking in 1,000-1,200. If even! Are you exercising as well? If so, your body will be holding on to every ounce of fat for dear life and that is why you're not losing weight.

I don't see any Syns in your diary? Are you having any?

I know it goes against everything to start eating more but try and start introducing super-speedy and nutritious foods like beans.

If you want my honest opinion (and I was in your position) I would go and have a total blow-out one evening. FlexiSyn it if you want but go for an Indian meal or something. I would say your body has simply plateaued because your diet is so so low in fat and sometimes the metabolism needs a good slap around the chops to make it work again. The weeks I've had a FlexiSyn evening and been on plan the rest of the time I've seen the best results.

If you're doing the same thing all the time (especially when so low in calories) your body is not going to respond.

You definitely don't need to up your Superfree so you're fine!

As mad and all as this sounds I think you might be taking in too few calories. Have you actually totted up the calories in the above hon? I know they say on SW not to count calories but I think you need to if you suspect that there may be too few. At a glance (and from someone who used to use www.myfitnesspal.com) I think you may be taking in too little.

All your foods have a low calorie density so I doubt you're even taking in 1,000-1,200. If even! Are you exercising as well? If so, your body will be holding on to every ounce of fat for dear life and that is why you're not losing weight.

I don't see any Syns in your diary? Are you having any?

I know it goes against everything to start eating more but try and start introducing super-speedy and nutritious foods like beans.

If you want my honest opinion (and I was in your position) I would go and have a total blow-out one evening. FlexiSyn it if you want but go for an Indian meal or something. I would say your body has simply plateaued because your diet is so so low in fat and sometimes the metabolism needs a good slap around the chops to make it work again. The weeks I've had a FlexiSyn evening and been on plan the rest of the time I've seen the best results.

If you're doing the same thing all the time (especially when so low in calories) your body is not going to respond.

Thanks merkin, i LOVE the blow out idea!!! maybe il have a takeaway tonight.its been AGES since i had a flexisyn meal :)
    Yes im still exercising at the moment, walking usually, i had been swimming but like getting out when the weather good. I use my syns about 8-12 daily on the mayo, butter if i have bread and ketucp.sometimes milk if im over my allowence.As a treat i have a latte once a week, but am very good to stay away from choc and crisps. if i have a craving i have the fruit pastille icecreams in the freezer 3 syns a pop so there good :)

Looking at what i ate it does actually look low in calories, im going to put it into the myfitness and see what comes out but i take your point, i didnt even consider my calories are low as im always so full!!

thanks for the advice fingers crossed for next week :)

You're more than welcome, happy to help. If you go on MFP can you let me know what your calories are? I do think that's where the problem lies! Hope you really enjoy your blowout and let us know how you go! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭shivers27

Hi , I'm new to SW. Just joined a week and a half ago. Lost 3 lbs in first week :-) I'm not sure what flexisynn is ??? Can anyone help ? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Mharper

Is anyone stuck in a rut lately? The past 4/5 weeks I just can't get motivated! I have lost 2 stone 5lb since I joined slimming world so I know the plan definitely works, I just can't get back on plan properly! Has anyone experienced this?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 skippydoo20

This is my first time posting in the SW forum but its great to see all the support you have for each other here. Its 7 months to the day since I started my SW journey and now have 2 stone 9 pounds off, only a few more pounds to target :). CANNOT WAIT to finally get there. I found evenings and weekends tough. Allowed myself a glass of wine tonight (Had a really bold weekend last weekend so really trying to be good this weekend) only problem is I really want more than the one. Think it'll be an early night for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

our weigh in is on Thursday, so we have a Chinese takeaway on Friday night's as a treat and that gets us through the weekend.

beef in black bean, sweet and sour pork and boiled rice shared between us is within our syn allowance for the day and it's damn tasty, so we get to be bold without being bold. :)

shivers27 wrote: »
    Hi , I'm new to SW. Just joined a week and a half ago. Lost 3 lbs in first week :-) I'm not sure what flexisynn is ??? Can anyone help ? Thanks.

Hey there, welcome! Flexisynning was a very confusing concept for me when I started as I got so many different definitions from people! What is actually means is being flexible in your Syn consumption one day and allowing yourself Syns outside your allowance but still limiting them. So, for example, you are going out for a romantic dinner with a loved one or going on a hen night with the girls, you say to yourself, I am allowing myself 70 Syns that night and am going plan the blow-out and enjoy it all guilt-free. I did one a couple of months ago and went out to a lovely Indian restuarant and said before I'd have 60 (naan bread, drinks and lots of yummy dips) and enjoyed it all, got back on the horse the next day and lost 2lbs that week!! So in essence, it's something great to do when an event is coming up and allowing yourself a (controlled) "free" reign.....! :)

Mharper wrote: »
    Is anyone stuck in a rut lately? The past 4/5 weeks I just can't get motivated! I have lost 2 stone 5lb since I joined slimming world so I know the plan definitely works, I just can't get back on plan properly! Has anyone experienced this?!

Hey! I have been the same and lost 1/2lb over the last 4-5 weeks - totally in a rut! I'm hoping to have a loss again on Wednesday at WI and I've just gone back to basics and have quit wine......!

Are you writing everything down and logging your food? That really does help x

This is my first time posting in the SW forum but its great to see all the support you have for each other here. Its 7 months to the day since I started my SW journey and now have 2 stone 9 pounds off, only a few more pounds to target :). CANNOT WAIT to finally get there. I found evenings and weekends tough. Allowed myself a glass of wine tonight (Had a really bold weekend last weekend so really trying to be good this weekend) only problem is I really want more than the one. Think it'll be an early night for me :(

Hey there! OMG so well done you - what an achievement! How long have you been doing SW? I'm the same with wine hon, I'm fine until I have a glass and then it's a vicious spriral into lots of other munchies! I think a little bit of what you fancy does you good though so if you really crave a glass of wine then save yourself 6-8 Syns throughout the day and don't deprive yourself!!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 skippydoo20

Hey there! OMG so well done you - what an achievement! How long have you been doing SW? I'm the same with wine hon, I'm fine until I have a glass and then it's a vicious spriral into lots of other munchies! I think a little bit of what you fancy does you good though so if you really crave a glass of wine then save yourself 6-8 Syns throughout the day and don't deprive yourself!!

Thanks Merkin. Its taken me 7 months to get to where I am and I'm hoping in the next month to hit target. Fingers crossed!!
    As I'm so close to it now, I'm probably best staying away from the wine as one glass more often than not leads to two, maybe even more. Really don't want to sabotage my progress. Last weekend I had a proper good night out and still managed to lose this week (no idea how:confused:) Hope it doesn't catch up on me this week!

Hey,

Glad to see all the info about flexisyns, we had a chat in group last week and seems a lot of people are in the mindframe of using less syns is better, even though that's not the case. I've made a conscious effort to up my syns daily throughout the week, was good all week except for yesterday and went completely off the rails, sausage rolls, wine, peanuts, sausages, chocolate and then some. Hopefully I will still get a loss :(

Weigh in day again....I know I say it every week, but I'm really not expecting a loss this week. No running, two birthday parties where I didn't even bother counting syns and a general 'couldn't give a monkeys about sw because im sick' attitude will catch me out for sure.

Still whatever today brings, tomorrow is a new week and I'll be back running by Wednesday so I'll deal with it. Just a matter of seeing exactly what damage I did now :o

Weigh in day again....I know I say it every week, but I'm really not expecting a loss this week. No running, two birthday parties where I didn't even bother counting syns and a general 'couldn't give a monkeys about sw because im sick' attitude will catch me out for sure.

Still whatever today brings, tomorrow is a new week and I'll be back running by Wednesday so I'll deal with it. Just a matter of seeing exactly what damage I did now :o

Best of luck, hopefully you'll be pleasantly surprised. If not its only one week and we have to live too ;)

• Advertisement

Danniboo wrote: »
    Best of luck, hopefully you'll be pleasantly surprised. If not its only one week and we have to live too ;)

I'm almost reluctant to fork out 10 quid to
    be told I over did it this week lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement