Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭schadenfreude8

i am up this week, 2.5lbs.. but i am still at my target weight.
    I am thinking of dropping it again, does anyone go by their BMI for their SW targets?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

On the scales tonight.

Gave it my all this week so hoping to drop at least 4 !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

i am up this week, 2.5lbs.. but i am still at my target weight.
    I am thinking of dropping it again, does anyone go by their BMI for their SW targets?

Hmmm kind of. I wanted to get down into the healthy bmi and based my target on that. Its now borderline healthy. ..but I can't lose anymore weight. It keeps coming off my face and the swollen cheek look does not suit me lol

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭shoes34

Lost 2.5lbs again this week - have lost 9lbs since I started on the 30th of October.

I love crisps but haven't indulged in any since joining Slimming World, I know there are ones I can get that are less syns but afraid once I open a packet I'll want to eat a few packs !!!

I go out walking every day for on average 45/50 minutes but I was always doing this wasn't something I started since joining SW.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

Great progress there shoes.

I just want it to be next week so I can have the weekend out of the way. I want to know the damage on the scales for Tuesday so I can swing into my plan of action.

Even though I have super healthy days planned for today and tomorrow I feel in limbo because I know Saturday is going to be manic day and night for me.

• Advertisement

Thanks Fiona, I have been following the plan but have indulged in some chocolate, like the thin dairy milks and a cadbury buttons but not as regularly as before SW!

I can't wait till Christmas and going to treat myself to some gourmet crisps:)

I also find the Activia 0% yogurts are a handy snack. Haven't changed too much of my diet except cutting out white bread and crisps and also haven't been drinking wine/beer so that helps too. God help me when Christmas comes !!

I gave it my absolute all this week and only used Syns on my Porridge and lost 2lbs :(

She reckons I need to start using my syns so my body won't feel like it's being starved of fat (i'm certainly not NOT eating)

So this week I have to hit 15 Syns every day and regulate the rest.

I gave it my absolute all this week and only used Syns on my Porridge and lost 2lbs :(

She reckons I need to start using my syns so my body won't feel like it's being starved of fat (i'm certainly not NOT eating)

So this week I have to hit 15 Syns every day and regulate the rest.

i am very strict on sysn and never go over 10, and these are on sauces usually.

i think lowering sysns is good, but you do need more cals if excerising etc, 2 lbs in a week is really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 PennyPenny

First weigh in today. So scared!! Hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

PennyPenny wrote: »
    First weigh in today. So scared!! Hehe

Good luck! I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 loseit

shoes34 wrote: »
    Lost 2.5lbs again this week - have lost 9lbs since I started on the 30th of October.

I love crisps but haven't indulged in any since joining Slimming World, I know there are ones I can get that are less syns but afraid once I open a packet I'll want to eat a few packs !!!

I go out walking every day for on average 45/50 minutes but I was always doing this wasn't something I started since joining SW.

WELL DONE. I joined SW in 2012 but dropped out this Feb 2013. I put back on everything I lost. So between now and Christmas, trying to follow the guidelines on my own and see how I get on doing it on my own. I got fed up paying for it and getting no where, just yo - yo up and down all the time.

PennyWren wrote: »
    Good luck! I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised! :)

Thank you. I was down 2lbs. Was hopin for a lil more to be honest but it's a good start. This weekend I'm off to cork for the weekend so have to be extra careful!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Bucketlist

I've just started sw tonight, well I'm starting in the morning :P any tips for me? I'm in college so I think I might struggle with lunches because I have nowhere to heat up food and I get so hungry in college, I never get as hungry at home for some reason. Luckily I'm finished college next week for a while so it should be a lot easier then

Bucketlist wrote: »
    I've just started sw tonight, well I'm starting in the morning :P any tips for me? I'm in college so I think I might struggle with lunches because I have nowhere to heat up food and I get so hungry in college, I never get as hungry at home for some reason. Luckily I'm finished college next week for a while so it should be a lot easier then

What type of food do they sell in ur college?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Bucketlist

What type of food do they sell in ur college?
    Hot dinners or salad bar with wraps, soup, rolls etc. I usually bring cole stir fry (sounds horrible I know but it's yum) but with all the assignments due I haven't time to cook in the evenings for the next day. My days are 7 to 7 s quite hard to manage food wise. What would be the best thing to get? Wrap maybe but how many syns would a wrap be?

Bucketlist wrote: »
    Hot dinners or salad bar with wraps, soup, rolls etc. I usually bring cole stir fry (sounds horrible I know but it's yum) but with all the assignments due I haven't time to cook in the evenings for the next day. My days are 7 to 7 s quite hard to manage food wise. What would be the best thing to get? Wrap maybe but how many syns would a wrap be?

Wraps are a light higher than bread. Why not cook a chicken breast the night before n get potato n veg or a salad at the hot counter or make a big pasta salad

Thank you. I was down 2lbs. Was hopin for a lil more to be honest but it's a good start. This weekend I'm off to cork for the weekend so have to be extra careful!

2lbs in a week is fantastic! Well done

Weigh in of death tonight. Fully expecting to be up at least 2lbs.

2lbs down tonight, not bad after 2 nights out over the weekend...:D

Wow fair play!!!

• Advertisement

I am up tomorrow and had a bit of a savage weekend so not expecting wonders ! Well done ! :)

I am up tomorrow and had a bit of a savage weekend so not expecting wonders ! Well done ! :)

tried to make a effort to drink dry martini and soda water...

planning the next day is critical, i would eat the house out of everything if i had not planned the next days food.

i have 2.5lbs to go to my final final target, and i will get it this week.:eek:

Down 2.5lbs tonight. Very surprised and happy after being out for a million calorie dinner and drinks over the weekend! I just can't get my head around how well this is working for me and how much I'm eating. I feel like this is a false sense of security and I'll just stop losing or start gaining again!

Down 2.5lbs tonight. Very surprised and happy after being out for a million calorie dinner and drinks over the weekend! I just can't get my head around how well this is working for me and how much I'm eating. I feel like this is a false sense of security and I'll just stop losing or start gaining again!

This isn't a diet though. You're just learning how to eat right. Thats the way to look at it for me anyway ! :)

This isn't a diet though. You're just learning how to eat right. Thats the way to look at it for me anyway ! :)

EXACTLY, cooking the correct food and learning about nutrition is not a diet in reality

EXACTLY, cooking the correct food and learning about nutrition is not a diet in reality

That's the part that amazes me!! If I had known it would be this easy I would have done it years ago! I always thought counting calories and eating lettuce was the only way and I hated it. I can see myself doing this for the long term which is great. But a tiny part of me is still saying this has to be some kind of trick!

That's the part that amazes me!! If I had known it would be this easy I would have done it years ago! I always thought counting calories and eating lettuce was the only way and I hated it. I can see myself doing this for the long term which is great. But a tiny part of me is still saying this has to be some kind of trick!

at the core of it, it is calorie counting with a layer over it to make it more manageable, but it is a way of life.

Down 1lb tonight how i will never know! Great boost to the start of the week!

Fiona wrote: »
    Down 1lb tonight how i will never know! Great boost to the start of the week!

That's great, well done!

• Advertisement

Not expecting to be down this evening, more than likely up - had been good up till yesterday and my friend was celebrating the 2nd year opening of her business and over induldged on crisps and chocolate biscuit cake !!! Which was yummy but ate way too much :-)

Have 4lbs left to go to reach my target and will get there by Christmas - fingers crossed ! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement