Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭iamaiamai

MugMugs wrote: »
    15 for females and 25 for males

Thank you!

Does it go down over time?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

iamaiamai wrote: »
    Thank you!

Does it go down over time?

Nope. Should remain the same for the life of your plan. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Quick Question!

I had my first meeting this week but missed the New Members talk :(

I'm not sure how many syns I should be aiming for? It says "ask your consultant" in my book.

Yesterday I had 9 syns.. today I've had 11.5.

Does it depend on my weight? How could I look this up?

I think I could easily not eat syns - but I read somewhere here (i think?) that it's important to eat them.

If you missed the new members talk on the first week, you should really try and sit in for it the next week. It really is vital to get thr information at that talk

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭wha

One of the reasons I joined SW was because I've put on a stone since moving in with my flatmate in October. She's a really good cook and makes lots of delicious healthy vegan food, so I couldn't understand why I was putting on weight from eating her meals.
    Last night we had a couple of people over for dinner and it made me realise just how much oil she uses when cooking! I managed to be quite good and just had one of her home made burgers (syns for nuts and oats) and mad myself beans and a jacket to go with it. The rest of the food she made - pineapple rice, sesame broccoli - all looked delicious and before now I wouldn't have presumed they were low fat, but it was a real eye opener for why I've been putting on weight!

To summarise... Fry Light is the best invention ever! (Said while eating some syn-free eggy bread :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Anybody got any nice ideas for free snacks??
    I'm very excited as I've just found a syn free houmous on the slimming world website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭iamaiamai

I would also be interested in syn free snacks. Right now all I have is fruit!!

Another user posted this recipe a few pages back though - dying to try it. i looove pancakes and lemon and sugar. The only thing I'd need is sweetener to dust them with!

Syn free pancakes:

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/72066-mmmm-yummy-syn-free-pancakes.html

Oh and those Duneen (?) low fat yogurts in Aldi - I need to get myself some of them as they are also meant to be syn free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Another user posted this recipe a few pages back though - dying to try it. i looove pancakes and lemon and sugar. The only thing I'd need is sweetener to dust them with!

Syn free pancakes:

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/72066-mmmm-yummy-syn-free-pancakes.html

Oh and those Duneen (?) low fat yogurts in Aldi - I need to get myself some of them as they are also meant to be syn free.

Yeah I'm the same with the fruit and I don't think I can fit Much more fruit into my day :)
    Unfortunately I'm not a huge fan of yogurts!

Syn free snacks.

Chips in frylite or 6 syns in olive oil (teaspoon)

Chicken wings without the skin and

If have a sweet tooth Lidl do cheesecake yoghurts which are 1 Syn each.

I did breaded chicken yesterday. Mix an egg. Remove skin from drumstick and dip in egg then into smash. Oven bake or airfryer and voila. Add some cayenne pepper or paprika too to the smash for a kick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭DJMG92

Mugshots are the best ones!

Syn free pancakes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Starlight28

DJMG92 wrote: »
    Mugshots are the best ones!
    Hi DJMG92.
    Are these the tesco mugshots? How many syns are they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Hey.. Does anyone now how many syns are in the 'slimsters'?

Hi DJMG92.

You can get them in Dunnes they're Syn free except the cheese ones

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

m'lady wrote: »
    Hey.. Does anyone now how many syns are in the 'slimsters'?

5.5 and you can't use them as a hex.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Fiona wrote: »
    5.5 and you can't use them as a hex.

Thanks again Fiona!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭DJMG92

Hi DJMG92.

Hey,

Most are free, and can be bought in nearly every supermarket.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 PennyPenny

hows everyone doing this week? I have my weigh in tonight and I'm praying its better than last week! Fingers crossed and good luck everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 29 PennyPenny

Just out of weigh-in and I'm down 2lbs. Fingers crossed I'll make the half a stone mark next week!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

PennyPenny wrote: »
    Just out of weigh-in and I'm down 2lbs. Fingers crossed I'll make the half a stone mark next week!!

Well Done PennyPenny! That is great going!
    My WI is Wednesday. I've been pretty good so far this week, so fingers crossed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Awwwwfook

Brilliant! ! My weigh in is Thursday, hoping for 4lbs

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

I just tried the Special K cracker crisps, yum. On special offer in tesco at the min and only 4.5 syns per bag

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 new2tri

Well done!

I have WI tonight & hoping for a good result as I have been so good all week! :eek:

The only weird thing is that I have missed eating a HEb the last couple of days. I don't do cereal/porridge in the morning as I find it doesn't fill me up (prefer protein based breakfast) and having a soup & salad for lunch. Going to try some crisp breads with the soup today I think!

I took this snap the other day of what in now my favourite Syn Free weekend breakfast featuring those Syn Free Pancakes, Fat Free Yogurt & LOADSA Fruit!:D

288777.jpg

You've just made me hungry ! :(

MugMugs wrote: »
    You've just made me hungry ! :(

Ooops sorry! :P

that looks so yummy new2tri, I'm positively dribbling

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

Down 4.5 tonight, my best week so far. It must be the melons :) hope everyone else is having a good week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Weigh in tomorrow, my goal for this week was to make it back into the 9sts again, have seen them in about 5 years. Keeping my fingers crossed :)

PennyWren wrote: »
    Down 4.5 tonight, my best week so far. It must be the melons :) hope everyone else is having a good week

Well done that's fantastic!! :)

I'm stoked too as I lost 6 this week. It's only week 1 and I know I might not get the every week, but thrilled. :D

That's really well done !

I've had a few slips this week so I am not too hopeful!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

5lbs down last night. Had gained 12lbs over the previous three weeks so chuffed with that.

Still I've been yo-yoing up and down the same weight since June of last year I really need to knuckle down.

• Advertisement

Wow well done!! How long are you doing SW.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement