Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

A SW thread! Hello everyone.

I'm on since end of November. Down to 17st6.5lbs from 18st9 - was down a bit further but put on a couple of lbs over Xmas.

It's s great diet if it's right for you, I get on with it great but the wife not so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Bepolite wrote: »
    It's s great diet if it's right for you, I get on with it great but the wife not so much.

It's not a diet!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a way of life :pac:

MugMugs wrote: »
    It's not a diet!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a way of life :pac:

LOL aye - to be fair it does involve permanent changes. I have to say I love Syn free chips!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Weigh in tomorrow, my goal for this week was to make it back into the 9sts again, have seen them in about 5 years. Keeping my fingers crossed :)

0.5lbs this week but on the bright side I'm back in the 9sts again & just 4.5lbs off target. Weddings in 10 weeks so hopefully I can reach my target before then:)

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Awwwwfook

can I be cheeky and ask how long it took to get to 9st... god I'd love to be in the 9st

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Awwwwfook wrote: »
    can I be cheeky and ask how long it took to get to 9st... god I'd love to be in the 9st

Started last Feb at 12st 9lbs, got to my first target of 10st 7lbs around July but felt I'd like to move my target to 9st 9lb for the wedding.
    Have to admit the last 9lbs have been so much harder to lose than the first 30lbs as it's not coming off as fast as it was. That said I'd like to reach my target & 3st award by the time I'm in SW a year or at the very least by the time I walk down the aisle in March :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

Down 5lbs last night delighted with myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Fiona wrote: »

Well done! That's fantastic.

I have my first weigh in tonight...hoping its a good one! I stuck to it very well all week!

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Started last Feb at 12st 9lbs, got to my first target of 10st 7lbs around July but felt I'd like to move my target to 9st 9lb for the wedding.
    Have to admit the last 9lbs have been so much harder to lose than the first 30lbs as it's not coming off as fast as it was. That said I'd like to reach my target & 3st award by the time I'm in SW a year or at the very least by the time I walk down the aisle in March :)

Wow that's fair going. It's always slower to come down the slimmer u get. My target is 30 lbs for September. I'm 13st now. I'd like to get to 10 stone ideally at some stage.

Brilliant... go you !!!

• Advertisement

I've had a few slips this week so I am not too hopeful!

A few slips is right but not too many. Managed to stay the same.

Super speed foods this week to make up for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭gumgum1

Hi came across this thread today I am a member of sw since December have lost 9lb stayed the same this week can I just. Ask what super speed foods are you going going to. eat would like a boast this week

gumgum1 wrote: »
    Hi came across this thread today I am a member of sw since December have lost 9lb stayed the same this week can I just. Ask what super speed foods are you going going to. eat would like a boast this week

I'm planning on SS my lunches.

Tin of beans
    Tin of mushy oeas
    Tin of chopped tomatos
    Curry powder.

And a grapefruit in the morning with my breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

So I had my first weigh in tonight and was down 4lbs. Aiming for the same next week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭wha

Down 2.5 tonight, and won slimmer of the week :D

The leader forgot to give me my slimmer of the week sticker though... I want a shiney sticker for my book!

I would aim for the same loss again next week, but I have 2 meals out this weekend so maybe I'll aim for 1.5-2 instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Great losses all!
    I was 3 down tonight, chuffed! :D

I'm planning on SS my lunches.

Tin of beans
    Tin of mushy oeas
    Tin of chopped tomatos
    Curry powder.

And a grapefruit in the morning with my breakfast.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what size tins? I find the small tins are too small to be satisfying, but are the big ones just too big?? :O

Right I'm confused (it happens easily). I was reading a SW thread on another forum and some were saying if u don't eat superfree foods right before or with your free foods then your free food isn't free!!!
    So essentially if u had poppies and chicken for supper then it's not free!!?

Today I had
    Brekkie: porridge HexB and blueberries
    Lunch: tomato and veg soup followed by with a chicken and egg salad with a dollop of mayo (synned)
    Dinner: lean rasher, fried egg, mushrooms. Used frylite
    Snacks: 2 ryvita with cheddar HexA(synned ryvita) banana and melon

Am I doing it right? Should I be eating more or less of something?

There are different SW plans. The Supereasy one is as much Free/Superfree as you like. Ideally 2/3 Free to 1/3 superfree (or more super free) and 5-15 syns per day.

I really tried to make it fail by eating bonkers amounts of free/superfree food. I still lost weight. YMMV as with anything.

twirlagig wrote: »
    Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what size tins? I find the small tins are too small to be satisfying, but are the big ones just too big?? :O

I'll be doing it all week so reckon I'll be splitting portions! :)

• Advertisement

I'll be doing it all week so reckon I'll be splitting portions! :)

Some farts out of you this week so!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Starlight28

First weigh in last night and I lost 5lbs. Really didnt think I had lost that much i felt so full all week. Delighted with myself. :D Just hope I can keep it up.:eek:

I know !

Weight loss wont be the only Superspeed part of my week :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 DaisyO23

Hi all,

So my story goes.....

I joined Slimming World September 2013, delighted with myself at the first class. Felt really positive, Leader was excellent & the way everything was explained so well. Got weighed at the end of class & that was it.

I didn't go back the following week, something I really regret now!!! I think I wanted the results but didn't want to give up my take aways and never really got started on the plan.

I have decide to go back to a class tonight and really try this time.

I was just wondering can I go to any class or do I have to go back to the same venue and also how much can I expect to pay tonight as Ive missed so much time? Would I be better off just starting off as a new member?

Hope you can help,

Thanks mil & good luck to you all.

You can go to any class that you want.

you will have to rejoin though and can ask them to start afresh aswell if you want.

Your weight loss will be massive in the first week or two, it is with every diet. You can if you really try keep having big losses, up to a point, by increasing your superfree intake and decreasing your free and syn intake. The whole point of SW though is a wholesale change in what you do, ongoing, rather than a diet.

Don't get disheartened if you start seeing a 2lb, 1lb or even 1/2lb loss. That's what the classes are there for, to analyse what you're doing and to see if it needs changing.

In all honesty I wouldn't join at the moment. There are way to many New Years resolutions people there. I'm actually taking a break until late Feb in going. I'll continue on the plan though.

It takes a while to get your head around how you have to change your cooking and how you shop, takes a while to learn all the new recopies and you have to have time to plan and make meals, especially lunch if you're not at home during the day. Once you do though it's very easy to stick to and the food is lovely.

This is my new favourite dish:

Chickpea curry

chickpeas x2

tin of chopped tomatoes x 1

tomato puree x 1 spoon

garlic and lots of it

salt n black pepper

mixed herb x one spoon

mild chilli powder x 2 spoons

Pataks curry past 2 tablespoons

onions / peppers / courgettes

Put the veg in first, then the paste, chickpeas and tomatoes and then leave for about 20 mins stirring regularly so the chickpeas soften.

Sounds lovely Fiona. I work full time so any ideas of dinners I can cook on weekends and freeze would be most welcome

• Advertisement

Carbonara is very easy and quick to make.

You can freeze Bolognese and just throw the Spagetti on when you get home.

Same with any of the Curries or Jalfrezi

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement