Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭wha

Put on a dress this morning that was a bit too tight before, and it's looser around the middle :D

Hopefully that's a good sign for my WI tonight (even if I did have lots of wine and some chips on Saturday...)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 new2tri

So I weighed in last night and was up 0.5 Lb. A little bit disappointed but I know there are good reasons why I didn't loose, mainly TOM (learned last night they call it a *star* week in SW, in case any blokes get offended!).

Looking back at my week I think I may have been a bit complacent and let a few things over the weekend slide (like not Syning Nando's Mash, Letting the odd "dash" (aka 100mls) of milk in coffee slide etc.). So to doubly make sure I stay on track this week I'm defo going to make sure I put everything into my online food diary!

Interestingly I also learned from other members last night that increasing your exercise can sometimes bring on a slight weight gain. I started back jogging last week and did 2 x 20mins runs for the first time in about 2 months, on top of the usual swimming and pilates class so that may be playing a part too...?

All in all I'm determined to have a great week and hopefully get my first half stone next week! :D

I was wondering.... our class seems to go on for an AGE... like nearly an hour as the leader goes through a roll call of everyone and speaks to everyone in the class. It usually means between paying/weighing/ waiting around and then the talk I am there for nearly 1.5 hours. Is this normal? I do believe in staying but really a whole hour?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

new2tri wrote: »
    So I weighed in last night and was up 0.5 Lb. A little bit disappointed but I know there are good reasons why I didn't loose, mainly TOM (learned last night they call it a *star* week in SW, in case any blokes get offended!).

Looking back at my week I think I may have been a bit complacent and let a few things over the weekend slide (like not Syning Nando's Mash, Letting the odd "dash" (aka 100mls) of milk in coffee slide etc.). So to doubly make sure I stay on track this week I'm defo going to make sure I put everything into my online food diary!

Interestingly I also learned from other members last night that increasing your exercise can sometimes bring on a slight weight gain. I started back jogging last week and did 2 x 20mins runs for the first time in about 2 months, on top of 1 x swimming and 1 x pilates class so that may be playing a part too...?

All in all I'm determined to have a great week and hopefully get my first hald stone next week! :D

I was wondering.... our class seems to go on for an AGE... like nearly an hour as the leader goes through a roll call of everyone and speaks to everyone in the class. It usually means between paying/weighing/ waiting around and then the talk I am there for nearly 1.5 hours. Is this normal? I do believe in staying but really a whole hour?
    Our group goes on for that long too. The weigh in is for half an hour and then an hour talk. It is long enough but I do find it good listening to other peoples tips and recipes etc. I won't be able to stay every week for the talk but I'm going to try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Gee_G wrote: »
    Our group goes on for that long too. The weigh in is for half an hour and then an hour talk. It is long enough but I do find it good listening to other peoples tips and recipes etc. I won't be able to stay every week for the talk but I'm going to try.

Ours goes on for ages too! The leader goes through everyone in the class and it's a nice little buzz getting a clap for whatever loss you've had :)
    I used never stay for the meeting when I was in WW but then again I had no belief/interest/determination in WW. Have to say Slimming World is so much better and you can pick up a lot of hints and tips at the meetings, so it's good to stay and I hope to stay for all my meetings if at all possible :)

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭CrazyChick18

First weigh in tonight after joining last week down 6 pounds so thrilled :)

• Advertisement

First weigh in tonight after joining last week down 6 pounds so thrilled :)

Well done! That's a brilliant start! :)
    Good on you! :)

I'm down 2 tonight - delighted because I had one really bad night! Sigh of relief! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

I'm down 1.5lb. Pretty happy with that as I thought I was the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mojo1988

First weight in after joining, and down 5 1/2 pounds! Absolutely delighted,and that included a night of liqueur! Happy days,,,,just wish I started earlier :-)

Down half a pound tonight. Really wanted/expected more, but I did have two 'off' days this week for a special occasion so I should really just be grateful that it wasn't a gain.

I joined on January 4th (2 and a half weeks ago) and I've only lost 3.5 pounds. I really want that big huge loss that everyone seems to get in their first week or two! I want that big boost!

I would love 3.5 off next week, as I'd set 4 weeks as my goal to lose the first half stone. Going to stick to plan 100%. And no alcohol!!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭mmc2010

Hi folks, I've been keeping an eye on this thread and congrats to all of you on the amazing losses you have been achieving. I joined last week with a loss of two pounds last night. I felt I stuck rigidly to the plan so was a little surprised it wasn't more on my first week. I have also started an exercise programme so maybe that is restricting the weightloss slightly. Can you tell me has anybody experienced this slow start in the past but it accellerated later in the process? cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

wha wrote: »
    Down half a pound tonight. Really wanted/expected more, but I did have two 'off' days this week for a special occasion so I should really just be grateful that it wasn't a gain.

I joined on January 4th (2 and a half weeks ago) and I've only lost 3.5 pounds. I really want that big huge loss that everyone seems to get in their first week or two! I want that big boost!

I would love 3.5 off next week, as I'd set 4 weeks as my goal to lose the first half stone. Going to stick to plan 100%. And no alcohol!!

Slow and steady is good too, at least it's consistent. I lost 3lbs my first week but I've been pretty steady since. I'm sure you'll lose you 1/2 by your target!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

I have to say I hate the post mortem every week it goes on so long!

All very quiet here! How's everyone doing?

I've had a really good week - not sure how many LBs I'll be down tonight, but I definitely feel better and think I look like I've lost a bit (not that anyone except me would notice yet!)

Down 1/2 lb last night. My losses have really dwindled in the last 2 weeks. I knew this would happen eventually and I need to start exercising! But I got half way to my target without lifting a finger(other than to put food in my mouth) so it makes sense that now I'm going to have to make a little more effort. No more bus to work for me! Hope everyone is doing well :)

I stayed the same last week and then I was down 3lbs last night. I worked my bottom off both weeks so was very disheartened to stay the same I thought I was about 2lbs lighter.

Have been doing some light jogging and have started trying to do some squats to to get some extra body magic in.

Have also invested in some proper slimming world bread ie. a 400g slice pan and some BFree gluten free wraps.

The plan just seems so much easier when you have the correct things for your healthy extra for the fibre.

Have been having stuff like smoked salmon and melba toast or omlettes for breakfast to compensate for not having cereal so I can have the bread or wrap for lunch.

Fiona wrote: »
    I stayed the same last week and then I was down 3lbs last night. I worked my bottom off both weeks so was very disheartened to stay the same I thought I was about 2lbs lighter.

Have been doing some light jogging and have started trying to do some squats to to get some extra body magic in.

Have also invested in some proper slimming world bread ie. a 400g slice pan and some BFree gluten free wraps.

The plan just seems so much easier when you have the correct things for your healthy extra for the fibre.

Have been having stuff like smoked salmon and melba toast or omlettes for breakfast to compensate for not having cereal so I can have the bread or wrap for lunch.

Apparently when you start to properly exercise it will take a couple weeks to see the benefit on the scales. I love the little loaf of bread. I get the good for you one in dunnes.
    Organisation is definitely the key. I'm going to do some batch cooking on Sunday and stock up the freezer so I can have time to go to the gym after work and not worry about cooking when I get home.
    Good luck, I hope your happier after the next WI

• Registered Users Posts: 42 new2tri

PennyWren wrote: »
    Organisation is definitely the key. I'm going to do some batch cooking on Sunday and stock up the freezer so I can have time to go to the gym after work and not worry about cooking when I get home.
    Good luck, I hope your happier after the next WI

I totally agree! And the one piece of advice a lady in class who was getting her 8 stone (yes 8!) award last night said was exactly the same thing - "stay focussed & get organised".

I think it drives my husband a bit bonkers that I know what we're eating 5/6 days in advance, but it seems to be working! I was down 5LB last night a total of 10.5 in 3 weeks so happy out. Still quite a ways to go to target but I'm headed in the right direction :D

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭dobbs2210

Joined mid November 2013, down 5 pounds this week, got my 3 stone award today, lost total of 3 stone 3 pounds since joining in mid November. Delighted.

dobbs2210 wrote: »
    Joined mid November 2013, down 5 pounds this week, got my 3 stone award today, lost total of 3 stone 3 pounds since joining in mid November. Delighted.

Wow! Congratulations! That's amazing. I joined around the same time, you've put me to shame!!

Yikes
    I joined in October and I have only just lost my Christmas weight which was more than I lost in total.

Now that's putting somebody to shame!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭biddy2013

Down 2 lbs. Happy out

dobbs2210 wrote: »

Jeez, that's brill! That's some going! :)

Weighing in myself in a little while. Was 100% on plan this week so I hope it pays off :) We'll soon see, eh?!

Fingers crossed for the rest of you who have their WI this evening also x

biddy2013 wrote: »
    Down 2 lbs. Happy out

Well done! :)

Done 3 pounds tonight happy happy!! So with 6 last week and my 3 I've 9 down yay!! Got no sticker tonight they we're out of them :(

2.5 pounds down :D

I guess the miracle of grapefruit really does work!

This week I have 2 drinking occasions, and one pizza night, so the aim will be simply to not gain anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 abbymc

I have decided to start a new SW thread as I am a SW enthusiast and would love to share recipes, ideas, successes and failures for anyone who's interested. I have been a member since April 30th and am currently 1st 12.5lbs down, I have 8.5 lbs to go to target.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 horseworldire

Had the cottage pie for dinner it's lovely - just started have 3 stone to loose - it all sounds a bit too easy - love lots of the free food - could it really be this easy can u eat spuds meat pasta fruit and still loose ?

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭verywell

Started last week. Only down 1lb tonight but I'm glad it's not a gain of 1lb :)

Another 20lbs to go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭RebelScorned

Hi all,

I'm a newbie to Slimming World and this thread but would just like to make myself known! I joined SW a week and a half ago and I have been following plans and synning diligently since I began. Despite going out for a burger last weekend, I managed to lose 5.5 pounds in my first week, and this has really motivated me to continue. Would love to exchange SW news, recipe ideas and anything else.

So far I am taking to SW like a duck to water. I suffered terribly from headaches for first few days bit feeling alot better now. Also joined a gym last week but really taking it easy in the gym at the mo until I lose some more pounds and get a bit fitter. Hoping that with continued effort planning meals and incorporating exercise will make lbs drop off asap!

• Advertisement

Hi all,

I'm a newbie to Slimming World and this thread but would just like to make myself known! I joined SW a week and a half ago and I have been following plans and synning diligently since I began. Despite going out for a burger last weekend, I managed to lose 5.5 pounds in my first week, and this has really motivated me to continue. Would love to exchange SW news, recipe ideas and anything else.

So far I am taking to SW like a duck to water. I suffered terribly from headaches for first few days bit feeling alot better now. Also joined a gym last week but really taking it easy in the gym at the mo until I lose some more pounds and get a bit fitter. Hoping that with continued effort planning meals and incorporating exercise will make lbs drop off asap!

Hi and welcome :) only my 3rd week going now but have to say that the recipes that have been online can register with your pin they give there is 100s on it.

Going doing taco chips now tomorrow a member in my class loves is and shared it with us.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement