Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 abbymc

Cottage pie sounds great- did you make it yourself? I love the fact you can eat normally and still be on plan with SW, I'd have failed long ago if carbs weren't allowed! Thinking of trying a fake away kebab this week- the recipe looks fab! Weigh in for me is a Tuesday, hoping to be a bit closer to my 2 stone this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Does anyone know of the hodgins gluten free sausages are free? I think they are like 80% fat free too.
    No sorry, just read the packet again now. It says 80%pork.

Hi and welcome :) only my 3rd week going now but have to say that the recipes that have been online can register with your pin they give there is 100s on it.

Going doing taco chips now tomorrow a member in my class loves is and shared it with us.
    I'd love the recipe for the taco chips if you wouldn't mind sharing?? I just make them with my ordinary chilli mince but wouldn't mind seeing what everyone else does :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 horseworldire

If the Taco Chips are nice can you post the recipie, I love TC , just joined this week and I feel like im eating a lot but I guess monday weigh in will tell!

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Knit wit

I started sw last week too ... Had to wait until i was ready to commit b4 i took the plunge. I have 4 stone to lose to get to my ideal weight, however being realistic, i would be happy to get down to a size 12 ... Which would mean losing 2 stone.

So far I'm doing ok. Keeping the food diary makes me really aware of how bad my eating habits are. I never ate breakfast ... I've been having 2 weetabix and a banana every day this week so that's a big change for me.
    The other big thing i realised is i haven't been eating proper meals ... Just snacking. Sitting down having a proper dinner is the only way to go.
    No finally syns ... i think I'll never eat a biscuit again!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

Gee_G wrote: »
    Does anyone know of the hodgins gluten free sausages are free? I think they are like 80% fat free too.
    No sorry, just read the packet again now. It says 80%pork.

I don't think so, the hodgins low fat ones are 1 syn each and the Mallons gluten free ones are free. Maybe text your consultant and check with him/her? Mine is always really helpful and gets back to me nearly straight away.

PennyWren wrote: »
    I don't think so, the hodgins low fat ones are 1 syn each and the Mallons gluten free ones are free. Maybe text your consultant and check with him/her? Mine is always really helpful and gets back to me nearly straight away.

I had them earlier. Will ask on Wednesday at group. They were really yummy. I wouldn't mind if they were even 1syn each because they were so nice! :)

I know what you mean- can be scary to look at the syns and realise where the weight was coming from! Having said that I have a real sweet tooth and don't particularly like cooking so I tend to swap for lower syn options than rehaul my whole lifestyle. I made the fake away kebab tonight... It was incredible!

Fake away kebab

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭CrazyChick18

Hey a girl posted this from limerick facebook page i think its her friends blog, Im going to try it monday for dinner so will let ye know how it is.

http://thisismeandfood.com/?s=Taco+fries&submit=Search

And this a handy receipe for soup :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭wha

I may have eaten a burger/sandwich thingy and chips last night. I may have also drink a couple of ciders. Then lots of wine spritzers.

Oh well... at least I'm too hungover to eat today :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭anewme

abbymc wrote: »
    Fake away kebab

That Kebab looks really lovely!

Is that portion for one or two people though. There is an awful lot of potatoes on that plate. Given that the Pitta bread is already Carb heavy, then a load of potatoes on top of it, would see it hard for anyone to eat that portion and lose weight, unless their diet was really terrible before.

I did slimming world over two years ago, lost the weight and have kept it off but my portions were never that big.

wha wrote: »
    I may have eaten a burger/sandwich thingy and chips last night. I may have also drink a couple of ciders. Then lots of wine spritzers.

Oh well... at least I'm too hungover to eat today :o

I'd be the complete opposite. The more hungover I am, the more I eat :)

I had only had super free all day so was really hungry and made to all for myself but the kebab was extremely filling so couldn't eat it all or all the chips either. Having the leftovers tonight, it was delicious!

Gee_G wrote: »
    I'd be the complete opposite. The more hungover I am, the more I eat :)

The appetite quickly came back so I had a tasty 1 syn hangover sandwich (HexB of bread and a melted HexA cheddar babybel, with a quorn sausage and fried egg). It was amazingly delicious and now I want more!! Going to make a ridiculous amount of SW chips for tea later.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭schadenfreude8

Does anyone else have any other restaurants they would recommend to slimming world conscious members that promote transparent calorie / ingredients? Where do all you slimming world members eat if you go out in to eat in dublin ? and elsewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Hi OP, there is a pretty active SW thread already so instead of having two - il merge these posts into the original SW thread :)

Does anyone else have any other restaurants they would recommend to slimming world conscious members that promote transparent calorie / ingredients? Where do all you slimming world members eat if you go out in to eat in dublin ? and elsewhere?

Hey, when I'm eating out in Dubljn I tend to go to wagamams or Yamamouri(?) I feel like the Asian style food is better for you in general but also they both have the calories for each dish on their websites(possibly on the menus too, not sure) so you have an idea of what your intake will be. And in Wagamamas in particular they are really easy going and if you ask for them to alter the dishes at all, no oil, steamed etc they have no prob doing it.

thanks for the info, cant find the nutrition on the Wagamamas website

thanks for the info, cant find the nutrition on the Wagamamas website

Try this, will hopefully be of some help to you.
    http://www.wagamama.com/dietary/nutrition-info

• Advertisement

PennyWren wrote: »
    Try this, will hopefully be of some help to you.
    http://www.wagamama.com/dietary/nutrition-info

thats great thanks a million

• Registered Users Posts: 29 PennyPenny

havent been here for ages. lost 1.5 last week but this week was a disaster. I was "clogged up" for pretty much all the week. i'll be lucky to stay the same today if I can

Thank you for merging the links! I'm new to this so wasn't sure how to. I have found a lot of wagamamas dishes on the SW app before. It's not too bad syn wise but never be afraid to ask for what you want in a restaurant!

Does anyone ever split healthy extras? For example, you can have 5 light laughing cows or 250mls semi skimmed milk, but could I have 2 laughing cows and 125mls of milk instead? I really only have a tiny bit of milk per day, so there's no point wasting a whole healthy extra for it!

Although since I don't eat meat, I'm technically on 'green days' every day so can have 2 healthy extras, but the leader said to stick to Extra Easy for the first month.

PennyPenny wrote: »
    I was "clogged up" for pretty much all the week.

I find this happening a lot since starting SW :(

Just back from weigh-in. Lost 0.5lbs. Expected to sts or gain so not bad. It's 8.5 so far now. Aiming to get to 10lbs by next wk

I didn't eat enough fruit n am gonna drink some prune juice daily too to see if it gelps

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

It's really important to up your water intake too as you will be eating more fibre rich food.

Ms2011 wrote: »
    It's really important to up your water intake too as you will be eating more fibre rich food.

I drink sooooooo much water. I'll up it to 3L this week n see how I get on

• Advertisement

PennyPenny wrote: »
    I didn't eat enough fruit n am gonna drink some prune juice daily too to see if it gelps

your going to have to syn prune juice dont forget...

Sunsweet, Prune Juice , per 100ml , 4 syns

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement