Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 PennyPenny

your going to have to syn prune juice dont forget...

Sunsweet, Prune Juice , per 100ml , 4 syns

Thanks - I do syn it. Totally worth it! 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

Hi all, I'm thinking about joining slimming world online because there's no class near me. I previously lost 6 stone following no plan but I've let the bad habits reform over the past couple months and have put back up nearly 2 stone :( I'm not one for restrictive diets so I like the fact that this seems to be more about a healty lifestyle.

Any recommendations about which online membership is the best option? I'm thinking of either the silver or the gold because I got the magazine for the first time the other day and thought it was pretty good, so I'd probably be buying it again anyway. Is it worth paying out for the gold membership for the other extra stuff? There doesn't seem to be much information about it, and I assume all the information you need to get started is online anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭laura29

Hi all , starting sw tomorr morning very nervous as I haven't weighed in for a couple of years , just looking for some essentials I'll need for fridge / press etc luckily I eat all fruit veg salads etc so hoping ill do well , I hear it's all about the planning tho so need to fill the presses ASAP , any advice appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭dobbs2210

laura29 wrote: »
    Hi all , starting sw tomorr morning very nervous as I haven't weighed in for a couple of years , just looking for some essentials I'll need for fridge / press etc luckily I eat all fruit veg salads etc so hoping ill do well , I hear it's all about the planning tho so need to fill the presses ASAP , any advice appreciated

Don't be nervous at all, i joined mid November 2013 and tonight i received my 3 and a half stone award, im delighted, best thing I did was join slimming world. Plenty of fresh fruit, i have a giant bowl full of fruit, i cut/dice a big pineapple and water melon and put it in the fridge to use to snack on any time i want. Get plenty of Muller light yogurts (free) and alpin light snack bars (3 syns), porridge is a must. Be careful with most breakfast cereals as they are loaded with sugar.
    There is oakland breaded chicken goujons in Aldi that are completely free with slimming word. Get your less than 5% fat mince meet. Best of luck on joining.
    Your correct, planning your meals for the week is KEY. i take a half an hour every Sunday evening to map out my meals for the week ahead and it definitely works.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

dobbs2210 wrote: »
    Don't be nervous at all, i joined mid November 2013 and tonight i received my 3 and a half stone award, im delighted, best thing I did was join slimming world. Plenty of fresh fruit, i have a giant bowl full of fruit, i cut/dice a big pineapple and water melon and put it in the fridge to use to snack on any time i want. Get plenty of Muller light yogurts (free) and alpin light snack bars (3 syns), porridge is a must. Be careful with most breakfast cereals as they are loaded with sugar.
    There is oakland breaded chicken goujons in Aldi that are completely free with slimming word. Get your less than 5% fat mince meet. Best of luck on joining.
    Your correct, planning your meals for the week is KEY. i take a half an hour every Sunday evening to map out my meals for the week ahead and it definitely works.

How are breaded chicken goujons free??
    I love goujons!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭dobbs2210

Gee_G wrote: »
    How are breaded chicken goujons free??
    I love goujons!:)

Not sure are they exactly goujons, they could be more like chicken strips/pieces but they are definitely free.

They are very very hard to get in Aldi.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭schadenfreude8

Not sure are they exactly goujons, they could be more like chicken strips/pieces but they are definitely free.

are they on the app?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 abbymc

I want to know all about these goujons too. Usually the words breaded and free don't go together! I was down half a pound this week. Happy with that but only one pound off two stone. Any tips for a big loss this week? I've plateaued a bit as I get closer to target!

abbymc wrote: »
    I want to know all about these goujons too. Usually the words breaded and free don't go together! I was down half a pound this week. Happy with that but only one pound off two stone. Any tips for a big loss this week? I've plateaued a bit as I get closer to target!

i swear by grapefruits, i found i slowed down as i got to my target also, but got there in the end...

as you loose weight i think your portions should reduce also

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭wha

Maintained this week. Which is fine by me considering I had 3 days off plan!

This week I have no social events so determined to have a big loss! I'm going to do green days, because I don't eat meat anyway so it means an extra HeB (bought my first pack of scanbran... I'm nervous!)

• Advertisement

wha wrote: »
    Maintained this week. Which is fine by me considering I had 3 days off plan!

This week I have no social events so determined to have a big loss! I'm going to do green days, because I don't eat meat anyway so it means an extra HeB (bought my first pack of scanbran... I'm nervous!)

how do you get your iron, with no meat?

i have been told i am low and i want to increase my iron count

Grape fruits it is! Thank you for the tip!! Might try success express a couple of days too..

abbymc wrote: »
    Grape fruits it is! Thank you for the tip!! Might try success express a couple of days too..

always had a great loss on a propper success express days/ weeks

make sure you have you 2/3 superfree on the plate, no cheating:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

There is oakland breaded chicken goujons in Aldi that are completely free with slimming word.

Really? Oh interesting!

Up a pound this week, went out for dinner with the girls on Saturday, no alcohol but went way overboard on my syns.

Oh god !! Sounds so complicated , syns I've heard of but green days , success express , superfree aaahhh , hope I catch on quick

laura29 wrote: »
    Oh god !! Sounds so complicated , syns I've heard of but green days , success express , superfree aaahhh , hope I catch on quick

It will take you a good month to get to know the plan inside out. Just make sure you track every single thing that goes into your mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Fiona wrote: »
    Just make sure you track every single thing that goes into your mouth.
    :D

Down 2.5 again this week.

Happy Happy ! :)

how do you get your iron, with no meat?

i have been told i am low and i want to increase my iron count

I never really think about it too much, but I eat lots of green veg (like Kale, spinach, broccoli) which I hear is good. Also different types of beans and lentils are good.

Did your leader confirm they are free? I put them up on my groups facebook page and the general consensus is that anything breaded unless made with smash has a syn value.

I would be afraid to risk it myself!

No cheating for me this week- it's amazing how much harder one pound is when near target. Had a gorgeous breakfast of fried eggs on whole meal slimbo with tomatoes. Then 2 satsuma just to ensure I had enough super free. Delicious! And haven't gone looking for mid morning tea and bar as usual!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 linda_mjb

Hi All,

New to Slimming World as off last night. Nearly had a mini heart attack when I stepped on the scales. Excited at the prospects of losing weight. Any advice for a newbie?

Thanks,

Linda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Westport_belle

Hi All,

I'm back to SW for the second time. I lost 10lbs in the run up to Christmas but of course I lost the run of myself at Christmas and out 6 of those back on in the space of 3 weeks! I'm back on track now though, 4lbs down over the past 3 weeks and I'd be delighted if I lost another stone. I'm very happy to take things slowly and lose half a pound or a pound a week...my attitude is that any loss at all is better than a gain. I know if I put the head down and focused properly, it would move a lot faster but there's no major rush.

I'm fairly comfortable with the plan and enjoy trying the recipes - the cottage pie and the curry in a hurry are gorgeous. The turkey burgers are also really good. Even the Smash pizza satisfies my pizza craving. The sweeter dessert type recipes usually turn out pretty badly for me though for some reason!

I have a real sweet tooth so would love some suggestions of some easy dessert / sweet recipes to keep me from raiding the BOLD cupboards!

Hoping this forum will be a good motivator and help me keep on the straight and narrow!

I'm fairly comfortable with the plan and enjoy trying the recipes - the cottage pie and the curry in a hurry are gorgeous. The turkey burgers are also really good. Even the Smash pizza satisfies my pizza craving. The sweeter dessert type recipes usually turn out pretty badly for me though for some reason!
    !

None of the dessert turn out for me either. My treats are hi fi bars, freddo bars, meruinges with a toffee yogurt or else a highlights.

Been eating lots of Scan Bran this week, and to be honest I kinda love it! So many people were going on about how they needed to make it into a cake, or totally disguise the flavour somehow, but I just eat them like biscuits! :P

Weird I know... but hopefully a good thing for my weight loss.

Hi All,

I'm back to SW for the second time. I lost 10lbs in the run up to Christmas but of course I lost the run of myself at Christmas and out 6 of those back on in the space of 3 weeks! I'm back on track now though, 4lbs down over the past 3 weeks and I'd be delighted if I lost another stone. I'm very happy to take things slowly and lose half a pound or a pound a week...my attitude is that any loss at all is better than a gain. I know if I put the head down and focused properly, it would move a lot faster but there's no major rush.

I have a real sweet tooth so would love some suggestions of some easy dessert / sweet recipes to keep me from raiding the BOLD cupboards!

Hoping this forum will be a good motivator and help me keep on the straight and narrow!
    I'm very interested in your curry in a hurry. What's that? As I live on my own and am generally very busy I love quick ideas that are still nice! My favourite dessert that's easy is a meringue nest, raspberries, blueberries and natural yoghurt. Most meringues are 3 syns max so well worth it and it's really sweet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭CeannRua

Could someone explain the concept of super speed foods please? I don't do Slimming World but someone I know says she was told in classes that they will speed up metabolism. Is this right? Melon is the food she mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 form

Hi All

I want to join a slimming world group near Bray / Greystones . Can anybody recommend one please?

CeannRua wrote: »
    Could someone explain the concept of super speed foods please? I don't do Slimming World but someone I know says she was told in classes that they will speed up metabolism. Is this right? Melon is the food she mentioned.

several foods are classed as superspeed foods, these promote a faster weightloss, for example grapefruit, or red currants

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

CeannRua wrote: »

Super Speed foods are the most filling foods while having a low calorie content. So foods like melons & white fish keep you full for longer so you are less likely to snack afterwards while providing you with v.few calories thus increasing weight loss.

• Advertisement

Hi all hope someone can help bought these broghies , kinda like cracker breads but can't figure out syns ?? Nutritional fals are all zero except says 20 kals each their fab must say as a bread alternative but panicking now can't find or figure syns their gluten free , anyone ?? Thx in advance

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement