Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

laura29 wrote: »
    Hi all hope someone can help bought these broghies , kinda like cracker breads but can't figure out syns ?? Nutritional fals are all zero except says 20 kals each their fab must say as a bread alternative but panicking now can't find or figure syns their gluten free , anyone ?? Thx in advance

Broghies? I've never heard of them :o
    Where do you get them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Hi all hope someone can help bought these broghies , kinda like cracker breads but can't figure out syns ?? Nutritional fals are all zero except says 20 kals each their fab must say as a bread alternative but panicking now can't find or figure syns their gluten free , anyone ?? Thx in advance

Are those the ones made up in Dunnes?? If so they are free as far as I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭laura29

Not sure but when it googled them seems a lot of chain supermarkets are making them up fresh in store god I hope their free this diet just has me afraid of bloody everything only on day 5 and I panick everyday about what I'm gonna eat

I got them in my local supermarket , nice I have to say but that could change when I figure out the syns ! Google them for recipes , I just had 2 with bacon and scrambled egg , hope their free
    twirlagig wrote: »
    Broghies? I've never heard of them :o
    Where do you get them?

I got them in my local supermarket , nice I have to say but that could change when I figure out the syns ! Google them for recipes , I just had 2 with bacon and scrambled egg , hope their free

Have they a brand name Laura? I'm kinda curious now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

Weigh in tomorrow, really nervous. It's my first in 2 weeks and have not been well behaved, but I feel like my will power was turned on again today and I'm back on track. Hoping by some miracle I'll maintain but expecting a gain. :(

PennyWren wrote: »
    Weigh in tomorrow, really nervous. It's my first in 2 weeks and have not been well behaved, but I feel like my will power was turned on again today and I'm back on track. Hoping by some miracle I'll maintain but expecting a gain. :(

As long as you're back on track that's the main thing Penny. I had a gain last week and even though I was a bit p1ssed off with myself I just said to myself no point in crying over spilled milk! :P
    Who knows? It might not be as bad as you think... The girl I go with was sure she'd be up last week, she actually wasn't going to come with me...
    But she ended up being a pound down! :)

As long as you're back on track that's the main thing Penny. I had a gain last week and even though I was a bit p1ssed off with myself I just said to myself no point in crying over spilled milk! :P
    Who knows? It might not be as bad as you think... The girl I go with was sure she'd be up last week, she actually wasn't going to come with me...
    But she ended up being a pound down! :)

Thanks Twirlagig. I earned a gain so I'll just have to deal with it and move on! Hopefully not too bad though and sure it's done now anyway!

PennyWren wrote: »
    Thanks Twirlagig. I earned a gain so I'll just have to deal with it and move on! Hopefully not too bad though and sure it's done now anyway!

Yep, that's the way to look at it! :)
    Hope you, and everyone, have a good week this week x

Have they a brand name Laura? I'm kinda curious no that's the name of them broghies , gonna bring em to my meeting to find out more but I think their only new ? Not sure but I'm liking them alot lol

• Advertisement

.... gonna bring em to my meeting to find out more but I think their only new ? Not sure but I'm liking them alot lol

Let us know how you get on with them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 abbymc

Broghies are delicious! I love them filled with warm chicken salad for dinner. We discussed them at my group a while back and pretty sure they're one syn each. Well worth it as they feel very substantial! Weigh in today... Not too confident!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

I'd love to know what these broghies are?! Have never heard of them before. Asked in Supervalu last night and they hadn't a clue what I was talking about!

m'lady wrote: »
    I'd love to know what these broghies are?! Have never heard of them before. Asked in Supervalu last night and they hadn't a clue what I was talking about!

Not sure where you're based but generally dunnes stock them with some stores actually making them in store.

There so versatile , i use them for my soups pastas etc if their 1 syn I'm chuffed , my sister gets them in dunnes I get them in jc,s in swords 2.80 for a bag of about 10 I think haven't counted , I'm gonna have one today with warm chicken salad fab idea abbymc , there really helping me curb the bread cravings

Trying to post a pic of them but haven't a clue how to do it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

There so versatile , i use them for my soups pastas etc if their 1 syn I'm chuffed , my sister gets them in dunnes I get them in jc,s in swords 2.80 for a bag of about 10 I think haven't counted , I'm gonna have one today with warm chicken salad fab idea abbymc , there really helping me curb the bread cravings
    Bread cravings are my biggest issue so I'm definitely going to try and find these little god sends!!:)

Gee_G wrote: »
    Bread cravings are my biggest issue so I'm definitely going to try and find these little god sends!!:)

Me too , bread and real butter ! I think my body's in shock the last 5 days lol I'm craving cakes etc and I don't even eat cakes !

Me too , bread and real butter ! I think my body's in shock the last 5 days lol I'm craving cakes etc and I don't even eat cakes !

My local slimming world Facebook group is great with putting up recipes and there is lovely recipes for carrot cake cupcakes(only 1.5 syns each) a big lemon cake I think and the whole cake is like 2syns. I'm going to start making some of them at the beginning of the week and have them as my nicies :)

Broghies!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

The woman in the class said I was down 10lbs tonight but I think she messed up I think it was 6, anyways I got my stone award so happy out.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭RebelScorned

10lbs down in three weeks, pretty happy, -5.5, -2, -2.5

I must say, was a little bit disappointed with 2.5 this week, I've been going to the gym more and sticking to plan more, trying out new SW recipes. I wonder if there is any way at all that I can get the stone award next week, 4lb is the target so any little tips would be greatly appreciated :)

Down 3 tonight. Have no idea how it happened but it's really motivated me! Only 2 lbs to 2 stone. Hopefully I'll get there next week.

Fiona wrote: »
    The woman in the class said I was down 10lbs tonight but I think she messed up I think it was 6, anyways I got my stone award so happy out.

Even if it was 6 and not 10 that's still amazing for 1 week! Congrats!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Starlight28

Gee_G wrote: »
    My local slimming world Facebook group is great with putting up recipes and there is lovely recipes for carrot cake cupcakes(only 1.5 syns each) a big lemon cake I think and the whole cake is like 2syns. I'm going to start making some of them at the beginning of the week and have them as my nicies :)
    HI Gee_G,
    Could you post the recipes for both of these. They sound great and so few syns. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Fiona wrote: »
    6 is huge !

Well done Fi !

HI Gee_G,
    Could you post the recipes for both of these. They sound great and so few syns. :)

I will post them up later on for you. Yeah Iknow, they would be a lovely treat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Westport_belle

abbymc wrote: »
    I'm very interested in your curry in a hurry. What's that? As I live on my own and am generally very busy I love quick ideas that are still nice! My favourite dessert that's easy is a meringue nest, raspberries, blueberries and natural yoghurt. Most meringues are 3 syns max so well worth it and it's really sweet!

Curry in a hurry recipe: put a tin of mushy peas and a tin of chopped tomatoes in a blender, along with some curry powder and some cayenne pepper (cayenne pepper optional - adds a bit more heat).
    Then heat it up for about 20 mins for curry sauce.

Though the sauce itself is good with SW chips, I usually fry off some chicken and veg (onions, garlic, peppers & mushrooms) and put the sauce in with it for 20 mins for a really nice curry. If you find it too thick, add a bit of water as you cook it.

I know it sounds absolutely vile but it actually turns out really well - definitely give it a chance!

My leaders recipe also calls for adding half a tin of baked beans into the blender with the mushy peas & tomatoes but I'm really not a baked beans fan so I leave them out.

As well as being a zero syn recipe, adding veg gives a nice portion of super free and you also have superspeed in the mushy peas.

Hope you like it!

So I was up half a pound last night at weigh in. I know I was off plan a few times so I'm lucky with that. Going away this weekend though and will miss next weeks session so hoping I don't do too much damage. Just had superquinn sirloin burgers for dinner, 1 syn each and absolutely gorgeous!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭wha

-1lb this week and finally got my first half stone!

Then had a curry... and my parents are visiting this weekend so there's 3 full days of eating and drinking ahead.

I'm already a bit scared of next week's WI!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement