Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

I got my 2 stone award tonight! I am so so happy! Well over half way there now and feeling really motivated. Hope everyone is having a great week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Starlight28

aspartame has not been proven to be harmful. , yet to humans, but if your worried replace your red canderel with green , which is steevia, a natural based sweetner.

I saw a doc on Channel 4 and it said the Steevia was the best one to use as it comes from a plant. Im sure if you google it you could have a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭biddy2013

down 2.5lbs, happy out

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭dobbs2210

Had my weigh in tonight, down 5 pounds, thrilled. Got my 4 stone award tonight. Lost 4 stone in 14 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

dobbs2210 wrote: »
    Had my weigh in tonight, down 5 pounds, thrilled. Got my 4 stone award tonight. Lost 4 stone in 14 weeks.

Well done!!!

• Advertisement

Can anyone tell me what a tweak is? It was mentioned at my group this week and I forgot to ask. They were talking bout using smash as a pizza base and for a coating on chicken.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Can anyone tell me what a tweak is? It was mentioned at my group this week and I forgot to ask. They were talking bout using smash as a pizza base and for a coating on chicken.

A tweak is where you modify a free food in such a way that it is no longer free.
    So for example making potatoes into crisps, you would never normally snack on the amount of potatoes you would eat if using them as crisps as they are no longer as filling, this can cause you to have a gain so once made into crisps they have to be synned.

Thanks Ms2001.
    I have been doing good up till now so I think I'll leave the tweaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭iamaiamai

Are Kale Chips a tweak? If kale is a superfree food.. shouldn't it be ok eaten as a snack? Even if baked?

Ideas/Input?

Also on the Aspartame issue: I'm pretty sure there is evidence to suggest aspartame is a carcinogen. It has been linked with cancer, at least. I also read an article on how aspartame actually increases sugar cravings, seemingly tricking the body into thinking it has metabolised sugar (and then leaving it wanting actual sugar). People taking aspartame in the study appeared to crave and consume more sugar than people consuming real sugar. Which really makes you wonder about the constructiveness of "diet" drinks - the study suggests you would just worsen your sweet tooth!

I'm trying to cut it out completely, but I do think it might be useful for people who are making a sudden change from a high sugar diet. Rome wasn't built in a day, and if aspartame helps you cut out soft drinks in the long run, so be it! Feeling deprived can be hard when making a serious lifestyle charge. I use stevia powder and tabs where necessary and have managed to cut out all fizzy drinks. I drink fizzy water with aspartame every so often though when I am craving soft drinks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

If you cook a super free food with a frylight is it still super free? Eg Would asparagus fried in frylight still be super free or would it count as a tweak? I boil most of my vegetables but I'm not keen on boiled asparagus.

Signed up online and starting my diet tomorrow but finding it very difficult to get my head round the diet. Too many years of calorie counting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 L4235

Can anyone tell me where to get the bfree wraps?? Tried Dunnes & Tesco no luck.. Also what syns are the bfree wraps if u don't use as your b option? Thank you.. New to all this..

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭CrazyChick18

L4235 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me where to get the bfree wraps?? Tried Dunnes & Tesco no luck.. Also what syns are the bfree wraps if u don't use as your b option? Thank you.. New to all this..

Hi I work in dunnes we do stock them but there only delivered once a week. I have seen them in tesco but usually always out of stock so they must be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭iamaiamai

L4235 wrote: »

I've seen them in both dunnes and tesco but they aren't with other wraps/breads - they are in the healthy food/"free from" section! Like where all the other gluten free/health food things are, just in case you didn't think to look there - I only happened to spot them when I was looking for other stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 L4235

Thanks guys, found where they should be in tesco and Dunnes all sold out :( I'm sure I'll get them at some stage :)

I don't know if any one swaps recipes in this thread but I was wondering if anyone has a recipe for syn free or very low syn rice pudding? I want to try it for breakfast, to have some thing more than just a yoghurt and some fruit before going to work.
    I have heard about one that uses unsweetened almond milk which you have quite a high allowance of as a hex a. I've googled it but all I can find is recipes with water or cream soda!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

PennyWren wrote: »
    I don't know if any one swaps recipes in this thread but I was wondering if anyone has a recipe for syn free or very low syn rice pudding? I want to try it for breakfast, to have some thing more than just a yoghurt and some fruit before going to work.
    I have heard about one that uses unsweetened almond milk which you have quite a high allowance of as a hex a. I've googled it but all I can find is recipes with water or cream soda!
    I have a syn free recipe for it, I will post it tonight!
    Also, I completely forgot to post the carrot cake recipe for whoever asked for it but I will do them both later, sorry!:)

Gee_G wrote: »
    I have a syn free recipe for it, I will post it tonight!
    Also, I completely forgot to post the carrot cake recipe for whoever asked for it but I will do them both later, sorry!:)

Thanks Gee G but I asked my consultant. And made a bowl this evening. It ls lovely. Perfect for brekkie! Took waaaay longer to cook than I thought though

Thanks Gee G but I asked my consultant. And made a bowl this evening. It ls lovely. Perfect for brekkie! Took waaaay longer to cook than I thought though

Didn't think it would take too long boiling it?

Recipe for carrot cake: should make8muffins.
    3medium eggs
    6tsp sweetner
    85g wholemeal self raising flour
    2tsp mixed spice
    170g grated carrot
    200g quark
    1tsp vanilla essence.

Preheat oven to 180c.
    Whisk eggs and sweetener until frothy
    Sieve flour and mixed spice.
    Add carrot and fold together.

Bake for 20mins until golden and firm.

Mix quark, sweetener vanilla essence and top the muffins.

1.5syns each...enjoy ;)

Gee_G wrote: »
    Didn't think it would take too long boiling it?

Recipe for carrot cake: should make8muffins.
    3medium eggs
    6tsp sweetner
    85g wholemeal self raising flour
    2tsp mixed spice
    170g grated carrot
    200g quark
    1tsp vanilla essence.

Preheat oven to 180c.
    Whisk eggs and sweetener until frothy
    Sieve flour and mixed spice.
    Add carrot and fold together.

Bake for 20mins until golden and firm.

Mix quark, sweetener vanilla essence and top the muffins.

1.5syns each...enjoy ;)

Might try those at the weekend. I was told to cook it in the oven and it should take 45mins at 130. Must be something wrong with my over cause it was in there for nearly two hours! I'll think I'll try it on the job next time. Is that what your recipe does?

Might try those at the weekend. I was told to cook it in the oven and it should take 45mins at 130. Must be something wrong with my over cause it was in there for nearly two hours! I'll think I'll try it on the job next time. Is that what your recipe does?

Yes, says to cook it on the hob with boiling water, sweetener and nutmeg I think.. Id say its a lot quicker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭wha

I've just realised that in January I lost 6 pounds total, and in February it's only been 1 (plus a gain of 0.5).

This is not on!! I did have two very heavy weekends in February so I guess it could have been worse. And if I hand't been following SW the rest of the time then I'd probably be heavier.

But hopefully that realisation will be the kick up the bum I need.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭dobbs2210

Down 5.5 pounds tonight. Yipee. Received my 4 and a half stone award. 😊😊😊

dobbs2210 wrote: »
    Down 5.5 pounds tonight. Yipee. Received my 4 and a half stone award. 😊😊😊

That's amazing! Well done you! I'll be lucky if I get my half stone award ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Anne Other

Hi,

I am joining here today, I'm new to SW but loving it

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭wha

I could've sworn that I read somewhere that all Aldi Brooklea yoghurts were free, just like Mullerlights. I've been munching away on these - at least one per day - and now I've just realised they're full of syns!

The flavours I've been eating are all between 1.5 and 3.5 :(

I'm such a tit. But that does help to explain why I'm the exact same weight as I was when I realised a month ago that there was an Aldi up the road from me.

A maintain this week. Which I'm ok with but a little disappointed. I started properly exercising over the last week and I have heard many times that lots of people can have a slight gain or maintain when they do. I was on plan all week food wise but I know from how sore it was too move that I was full of lactic acid!!
    Does anyone have any experience or idea of how long it should take before I start seeing losses again and the effects of my workouts? Thanks everyone :)

First week completed on slimming world with a loss of 7lbs :) Absolutely delighted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Whiplashy wrote: »
    First week completed on slimming world with a loss of 7lbs :) Absolutely delighted!

Half a stone?! That's brill! :)

twirlagig wrote: »
    Half a stone?! That's brill! :)

I've always had a big loss on the first week of any diet I've tried, but really wasn't expecting it this time with all the food I've been eating :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 sammyb

Hi there, I moved to Dublin recently. Just wondering if there is a slimming world group in the donnybrook , ranelagh area? I saw somewhere online about a group in ranelagh. Though its not on the official slimming world website. ? Any info would be great from people in the know.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement