Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭miss choc

Might help seem to be around Stillorgan, Blackrock Ranelagh Terenure and Templeogue areas for you

http://www.slimmingworld.ie/joining-a-group/nearest-group.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

Down 1 1/2 tonight and I'm really happy to see the effects of my exercise paying off, now the pain in my muscles feels like it's worth it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Anne Other

Well done! What exercise are you doing and how much?

I missed class because I'd nobody to mind the children, I hope I can keep the motivation going.

Back to the exercise tonight again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭biddy2013

Anne Other wrote: »

I missed class because I'd nobody to mind the children, I hope I can keep the motivation going.

Back to the exercise tonight again.
    hi alot of people bring their kids to our group, hth

Thanks for that, mine is a night time class and clashes with loopy hour and bedtime in our house.

The older ones would be ok, but Little Miss Regimented Who Needs To Be In Bed At 730 wouldn't be able for it, she'd whine her way through and fall asleep in the car and be up for the night after!

We've only one class a week in our town, and the nearest next class is over 30mins away. It's only new to the area, I am sure in another bit the nearest towns will have them too and I'd be a bit more flexible to attend classes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭gumgum1

Hi can anyone tell me the price of a missed class can't attend tonight or next week so just wondering how much will it cost me when I go again

I presume it's the cost of the class on top of the class missed, so I presume because I missed last night I pay €18

gumgum1 wrote: »
    Hi can anyone tell me the price of a missed class can't attend tonight or next week so just wondering how much will it cost me when I go again
    hi, you can request a holiday week, i think you can have 6 in the year

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭dobbs2210

Down 3 pounds
    Another 4 pounds to lose to receive my 5 stone Award.

dobbs2210 wrote: »
    Down 3 pounds
    Another 4 pounds to lose to receive my 5 stone Award.

Fantastic! Well done!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭wha

Down 1.5 last week! Finally a loss after a month of dancing around the same half pound.

I'm away with work for a few days this week, so a bit worried about having to live off hotel food and lunches on the go. I'll have to be extra good the other days to make up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

Thank you! I've been swimming twice a week, 50 lengths each time, a work out DVD at home twice a week for an hour with loads of different a things in it, aerobics abs weights etc. and I've been trying to walk the 30mins to work at least one way every day! So not loads but enough to hurt!

I'm cycling 10km, trying to do it most days, and I hope it's enough to pay off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

Hi all.
    Hope there's room for a newcomer! Joined the class last night. My sister has been doing it for a year and has lost 3 stone.

About 5 years ago I lost 5 stone and kept it off for a few years but over the last year or two I've gained back about 2 and a half stone :(

I was diagnosed with MS and my confidence was really knocked. A month after diagnosis my boyfriend of the time ended things. It was a really bad year and the emotional side of it, combined with about 4 separate treatments with high dose steroids lead to me gaining a fair bit of weight over the last year.

Anyway, my sister came across a slimming world magazine with an article about a girl who was wheelchair bound with MS and started slimming world. She managed to lose a lot of weight and I figured if she can then there's no reason for me not to.
    I'm not in a wheelchair but my balance and walking is slightly affected. No gym will touch me lol. When I walk briskly I can feel my leg begin to play up so my physio told me not to push it.

I have about 6 stone to lose realistically but I'd be happy with three, especially when it will be diet alone that does it and not exercise.

Anyway, that's my story. Looking forward to getting into the diet :)

Welcome aboard Ash, best of luck to you ~ you sound very determined.

biddy2013 wrote: »
    hi, you can request a holiday week, i think you can have 6 in the year

I got my sister to book me a holiday for next week but the consultant said I couldn't book one as I was not there in person so now I will have to pay 3 classes when I go back its kinda of turning me off going back even though I do like it and have lost 17.5 lb with it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

I got my sister to book me a holiday for next week but the consultant said I couldn't book one as I was not there in person so now I will have to pay 3 classes when I go back its kinda of turning me off going back even though I do like it and have lost 17.5 lb with it

Do you not have your consultants mobile number on your book? We are told just to text when we want to take holidays. I know that it is the same for a lot of the groups around here as friends do the same.

Gee_G wrote: »
    Do you not have your consultants mobile number on your book? We are told just to text when we want to take holidays. I know that it is the same for a lot of the groups around here as friends do the same.
    OR if the group has a fb page message her, our leader will text you if you are not at class to see if you want a holiday week

Gee_G wrote: »

My leader has said that she is no longer able to do this said sliming world has stop her excepting request for holidays by text and can now only be booked in person a week beforehand on the main computer seems to be different For different groups

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

My leader has said that she is no longer able to do this said sliming world has stop her excepting request for holidays by text and can now only be booked in person a week beforehand on the main computer seems to be different For different groups

God that's a load of ****e!! Anyway if I remember correctly if you miss more than three you have to rejoin so why not just wait and rejoin and save yourself the few euro?:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

Only lost 1 pound this week so a bit disappointed. Although I did have a massive chocolate binge Friday night so it's completely my own fault! Just going to put it behind me now and hopefully stick to the plan fully this week.

Best of luck to you whiplashy.

A blow out can knock me big time because I feel so bad I tell myself I may as well give up.

I've been good this week, I've been sticking to the programme as good as I can..............and nothing motivated me more than "the other bridesmaid" at a recent dress fitting telling me that if I got proper underwear the dress the bride picked for us, when it comes in in my size would look a bit better.........................

Best of luck to you whiplashy.

A blow out can knock me big time because I feel so bad I tell myself I may as well give up.

I've been good this week, I've been sticking to the programme as good as I can..............and nothing motivated me more than "the other bridesmaid" at a recent dress fitting telling me that if I got proper underwear the dress the bride picked for us, when it comes in in my size would look a bit better.........................

I'm pretty impressed with myself actually. It's the first time I've had a blow out and gotten straight back on the wagon :) Usually a blow out means at least a week of junk because once I start I might as well keep going :D

Good luck with "the other bridesmaid"! I had to deal with one of them a few months back. Wear whatever you feel comfortable in. I refused to wear anything uncomfortable under my dress. She may have looked slightly better than me but she spent the day pulling at herself trying to get comfy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Whats the deal with Holidays? How many are you allowed?

I copied this from the rules:

Holiday and Illness – in a period of any one year, 6 weeks in total are allowed to be missed without charge, for holidays and illness providing:
    in the case of holidays, the member notifies the Consultant in advance;
    in the case of illness, the member is genuinely unfit to attend and notifies the Consultant as soon as possible. In the case of hospitalisation they would automatically be exempt from back fees, for that week.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

Hi,

I am thinking of joining tomorrow night, either this or Unislim.

How does the plan work?

Is this plan quite like Unislim and Weight watchers?

I really don't know which diet I should stick to!!

pinkstars wrote: »
    Is this plan quite like Unislim and Weight watchers?

I really don't know which diet I should stick to!!

I joined a few weeks ago online and it's the best plan I've come across. It's so easy to follow.

You have super free foods - most fruit and vegetables. A third of each meal should be super free.

Then there's free food. Most lean meats, fish, pasta, rice, cous cous etc. These foods can be eaten as much as you want without needing to weigh.

You also have a healthy extra a and b to eat every day. These are to make sure there's enough calcium and fibre in your diet, so they cover things like milk and wholemeal bread. Most of these need to be weighed, but they do have grab and go options for when you don't have the time.

Any foods that aren't covered in the above categories have a syn value. You can have between 5 and 15 syns a day.

Thanks for the info!! So there is not much of having to cook from scratch? I couldn't be dealing with that at the moment, I don't have a lot of time on my hands.

• Advertisement

pinkstars wrote: »
    Thanks for the info!! So there is not much of having to cook from scratch? I couldn't be dealing with that at the moment, I don't have a lot of time on my hands.

Breakfast and lunch are pretty easy to throw something together, but I do find I need to cook dinner from scratch. Most ready meals or jars of sauce are really high in syns. I spend about two hours on a Saturday morning cooking my dinners for the week and then freeze them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement